Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born August 2007 #7

Finally! A chance to get on BB and not have to worry about Jensen!! I'm at work and it's quiet!

Tonight is my first night at work!! Jensen is at home with DH. They've have 2 practice runs (when I've gone to my meetings for Tupperware) and they've done really well. DH can get him down and asleep by 8! No fuss! Tonight maybe a problem, as he had a 3.5hr nap this morning and almost an hour and a half this afternoon. Fingers crossed.
    There's not really much to report atm. There's a tooth coming through, but its taking its time. Jensen has started to lay himself down on his tummy and and push so he's moving backwards. Its funny to watch. Possibly he's teaching himself how to get off chairs and down stairs? I have also noticed that he's grinding his teeth, but its rare. Bought a baby monitor from a garage sale and it co-incided with Jensen sleeping through again! It does have a nightlight, maybe that helps?

Kim - It was good to see you again too! Nice to meet your bump too! I have that photo of Hayden Itook, I'll have to upload it for you. Hope Hayden is better soon.

It's almost birthday time! Hope the party plannings going well!

grrr lil monkey bit someone else again today! He was on the playgym thing (at one of those centres) with a little girl from mothers group. One of the older kids (from mothers group) likes to give hugs to the babies (she's 3) and wanted to hug the little girl. IT looked like Jensen wanted in on the hug and the older girl wouldn't let him. The litttle girl crawled away and the other girl went with her. Jensen went over and the older girl put her arm out so he went around the other side and bit her on the leg. Holy moly he made her cry! Left a purple welt the between the size of 5-10c peice. I could have died. Thankfully, he didn't do it again. Bit me on the nose when we got home tho...

On the upside, he's getting better at putting himself to sleep. He can do it for mil and dh, but doesn't really do it for me... I thought he was asleep by himself just now, but I can hear him.
    Just thought I'd pop in and get that off my chest.

Hi everyone!
    All is great with us... Milla is walking!!! She'd still rather crawl, but last night she repeatedly did 5 steps on her own! We'd put her standing in the middle of the room (she can stand by herself for over a minute before she plonks down on her bum), and we lured her over to the couch with her favourite toy, most she did was 5 steps. She was very proud of herself. She is still doing it this morning, but still needs our encouragement. She won't actually let go of the couch herself and start walking, she only does it if I stand her up with nothing to hold on to. Still cool though, and I guess she will be walking everywhere and driving us crazy very soon!

She is still sleeping heaps better since we stopped the custard - those food colourings were nasty! She has had a few nights recently of waking for a feed at 2 or 3am (I was loving it when she lasted til 4!). Her day sleeps are usually OK too - one at 9:30 and one bigger sleep at 1pm.

I have worked a few days for a private job at the Uni and DH has been at home looking after Milla all day. Its been going really well. She has been fine without boobies and I haven't had to express. She's had a bit of formula and a bit of cows milk, but mostly just drinks water those days. Sleeps have been great too, but she has always been able to self settle with the dummy, so we're glad of that! GTH that Jensen settles well for Andrew too Scone!

Kim - hope Hayden is all better now. Its really no fun when they are sick

Better go eat some lunch. I'm famished!
    x

Snap! Was posting at the same time as you Scone. That's no good about the biting!! I have no idea how you'd stop that... I have to stop from laughing when Milla sometimes "kisses" me on the nose and there are some gentle teeth involved...

geez!! cant believe the last time i visited was in may!!!! :P goes to show how much time our bubs take up eh?

sehra - sorry to hear abt ur loss. hope ur mum's getting better AND congrats on your little daily winner. checked her out n she is cute!!! can we still submit photos in?

campari - looks like milla n arianna is almost the same. arianna goes to bed about 7.30 - 8pm but i normally feed her before n so she goes a little easier. but then to wake up like clockwork at 11pm and 3am. so yea, i'm bf to get her back to bed. i have tried custard with arianna but i dont think its a problem for her. have to figure out whats bugging her too.

kim - congrats!!!! dh has been talking abt #2 a lot lately but i'm not too sure abt it yet. part of me wants to have #2 coz i miss how small they were, you know newborns.....but another part of me wants to just enjoy having this one little person to shower all my love on, u know? it's a tug of war at the moment but we are not planning anything, come what may....my AF is already here so it's slightly easier to estimate my fertile period. we using the billing's method so if i don't check properly, i could have in 'trouble'!! lol :P

updates with us : arianna has 3 teeth on the top, the left one is still struggling to come out. we've got 2 bottom teeth clearly and the 2 outer one slowly coming through and this was what i thought was causing her not to sleep thru the night. she used to go to bed at about 7pm n sleep right through to 7am the next day!!! but now or at least the past week or so, it's bedtime by 7.30pm, up at 11pm - feed, 1am - feed, 3am-feed, 6am-feed, 9am-feed then brekkie. i feel like i'm going thru the newborn phase again!! this 1am thing started 2 nights ago....in fact, the first time that happened, we brought into our bed n just let her selt entertain, she was cacking, 'jumping', laughing all by herself while we tried to get some shut eye. the moment her batteries ran out n i tucked her in, she cried! little cheeky....it was far worst in the begining when she wont even sleep in her cot. she HAD to sleep in our bed so i thought if was the pain n she was looking for comfort but i didnt want her to get too used to sleeping our bed so i took dh pillow case n put it on her pillow n it worked....

no walking or standing at the moment, just major crawling all over the place and picking up the most minute stuff off the floor as she goes along. sitting up is not a problem anymore so that's good. food wise she's been having a variety of stuff but maybe not as many as one would expect. i try to make a variety so she doesnt get sick of it. she is used to homecook food n not a fa of the bottle food although those i keep for when we are out. i buy more of the fruity jars than the savoury kind - stuff u can give for dessert like custard n apple n berry ripple.

i thought i was the only one still getting up at odd hours n bf the bub! i am obviously not alone.... lol glad to share the pain ladies. gtg now....have to wash the dishes b4 bed...uuggh! and yes, it is passed midnite - crazy!

Hello All.

Re: Jensen and biting. Could it be he likes the reaction/attention he gets after he bites? Ela bites me but only does it when she tries a kisses me and turns it into a little bite. I yelp and she thinks its funny and gives me laugh and goes for it again. I know it is hard to not give a reaction esp. when it hurts. He's only little, may be he'll grow out of it. Cheeky little monkey!

I am jealous though of bubs putting themselves to sleep. WTG Jensen!!

WTG MIlla too. They do get excited when they walk and are so proud of themselves. It is so cute. Our bubs are no longer bubs but getting into toddlerville
    Ela is really walking. She prefers walking to crawling and can even stand up when she topples to the floor on her own. She loves it and just like Milla gets really excited when she walks a real great distance. She wants to run/walk faster sometimes but that ain't happening yet as she topples over.

I've discussed with DH on numerous ocassions to have #3 but he won't hear a bar of it I guess 2 is all i have unless one happens by so-called accident . I want #3 when i'm about 35 -37yo when i really miss having a newborn around. Good luck to all TTC

GTH Hayden is doing much better. I feel bad giving them painkillers all the time too, but we really don't what kind of pain they really are in so it is better to alleviate their pain than letting them suffer through it. Ela has a chest infection, the wheezing is so loud that you don't need a stethoscope to hear it. She has finished her course of antibiotics but is still not 100%. Gotta take her back to the drs. tomorrow.

Ela has one of her canine's out and the other is close behind. 9 teeth now.

We have her birthday this Saturday 26/7 . I am so tired! I just want it to be Saturday. We are having a bbq with 24 adults and 14 kids. I have organised a fairy to entertain the kids with ballooning, face painting, magic, games. I have bought these HUGE alphabet balloons which are like 1m in height each and will spell her name E-L-A. These will be floating in the air attached to some weights. i have balloon centrepieces for each of the tables. A Happy birthday walkabout balloon. It is amazing this balloon it moves with the air flow like it is walking. Streamers to pretty up the house. Loot bags and helium balloons for the kids. Her birthday cake is in the shape of a book. One page will have her Mother and baby competition frog photo and on the other side a poem in Turkish. It is white mudcake. I am so excited yet i still have a lot to organise til then. i just pray that the day runs nice and smoothly

Misty - don't think that you can enter bubs into the Mother and Baby comp any longer as entries closed on the 9/7/08 I can't wait to see if either Jensen or Ela make it into the top 14 finalists announced Wednesday week. I'll be in Sydney for work reasons on the day and hope that i have time to check the web.

VERY long post. Sorry to do this to you all.

take care xxooxx

Hi All,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELA

It's Ela's birthday today!! And the time is 11.51 currently. She was born at 11.35am, so i would have been in the op theatre, Ela in mum's arms and the docs stitching me up. Seems soooo long ago.

Not much to report from you guys i guess since i was the last to post and am posting again.

We had Ela's birthday on Saturday. it went without a hitch. people were very impressed at my balloons, decorations, cake, food, drinks etc.. It was great. I was tired by the end of ot though and all the cleaning the next day!

We got heaps and heaps of pressies. The fairy was exciting for her. She sat with the kids and watched the show.

She definitely walks now. No crawling at all.

That's all from me. Take care all.

Happy (belated) Birthday Ela for Friday, and Happy Birthday today for Xavier and the other 3rd August bubbas if you guys are still around!
    Not got time to write anything now, but all is good with us... Milla is walking!!!
    Hope you are all well too, and TD, hope you get a relaxing week now that the party is over. It sounds like an amazing day, wow!!
    Bye xx

I just popped in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and sorry I didn't pop in on the day to say it! Glad the parties went off with no problem, I'm curious as to how ours is going to go!!

Smile

Hi Everyone I have not been around BB much I just forget or dont have time but thought I would pop in as I have a spare few mins LOL

I have a darling Daughter who was Born on August 13th last year I cant beleive that next wednesday is her 1st Birthday already where does the time fly this time last year all was going OK hehe then she decided to have other ideas lol

Hope everyone is having fun planning their 1st Birthday Parties we are having Care Bears as a bit of a theme not that she will know hey

Take Care everyone and I should try to get in here more often

Care bears party ! Wow! Cool! We are having a "small" party too, but it's not going to work out that way!! That reminds me... must send invites!

Well. Jensen's sick.. Yesterday morning went to get him up out of bed and found spew splattered over his cot. Fed him some milk and 2 mins later vomited over me. Didn't eat much but was very clingy and sooky (as you would be). Only I had a similar sort of thing happening with me as well (nausea - no vomiting).Feeling better today tho. This morning at 3:30, I could hear him crying so I got up to find he'd vomited again sometime thru the night and it was matted in his hair. Had a shower and he finally fell asleep just after 4. He's still asleep now, so I better go and finish what I was doing so I'm there for him when he wakes..

Have a good day!

HI HI,

Happy Birthday to all those bubba's that have had them, and happy birthday to all those whose birthday is almost here.

Xavier had a pirate party last Sunday, and had a great time. We gave him a piece of chocolate cake and it was everywhere by the time he was done.

Poor little thing is sick as a dog now, and now has a chest infection (certainly not helped by the lack of afternoon sleep on his birthday)

Anyway, just dropping in quickly.

Catch you all

Happy Birthday Hayden!!!!
    Hope you have a lovely party

Bec, love the ticker pic of Xavier, so cute! Milla went to a pirate party too last month, I'll have to figure out how to put a pic up of her too. For her birthday we are having an "M" themed party as we're doing a joint party with her best friend, birthday twin, Mia. Milla is going as a Martian, so I am all set to start sewing a green sparkly lycra suit... uh oh.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Just a quick pop-in to say - Happy birthday Hayden!

Rhi - Can't wait to see that Martian suit!

Today was awesome! Full on tho.

Yesterday was more of a celebration than today tho. Went to breakfast with my mum and two of her sisters and my cousins (and one of the cousin's baby - 9mth old boy!) at the restaurant BIL works at. Was a great morning! Came home and Jensen had a sleep then when he woke helped dh work on the car. Went to dinner with 2 of dh friends and dh's parents.

Today was another big day (other than it being the obvious!). DH had organised the day off (how sweet!). We had to drop some things back to his work at 8am, then popped in to see his mum. Photos at 1030 then morning tea at a friends. Pick up Tupperware order at 1 then see my dad for late lunch. Checked out a swing set at toyworld (grr at that - more details later). Then home for dinner!!

The birthday party is on Saturday. I don't think we'll be playing any games or anything. Just a nice afternoon with family and friends!

The girl at work is away this week so they want me to work during the day... Not impressed. I'll be working what I can work not what they expect me to work. Thats why I work at night... we sorted that out! grrr. I'll be back in to post some photos, hopefully sometime tomorrow!

HI All,

Happy Birthday ahyden and Jensen.

THanks for the nice comments about me little pirate, arrr.

Hey there!
    Happy birthday Jensen, sorry I'm a bit late It sounds like you had a great day / week, with still more to come! woo hoooo! I'm still amazed that our babies are turning ONE! Still a week to go for Milla.

All good with us. I am back at work and its OK, mostly. I find it a bit frustrating that things happen so slowly there and I could finish my real work by lunchtime and then be home with my baby, but the day drags on a bit with all the useless twaddle in between... Never mind. I enjoy my lunch break, morning tea etc

Yesterday Milla fell over and put a tooth through her tongue. We're almost sure one tooth has gone all the way through, there is a massive puncture mark on her tongue and its all purple and swollen today. Its gone down overnight though, so haven't taken her to the Dr. There was a lot of blood (DH was looking after her at the time, phew). She won't eat, has trouble drinking, and babbles with a lisp. Poor thing. It looks soooo sore. We've been giving her nurofen/panadol, and she was so tired after a rotten day that she slept a lot last night. I think the mouth area heals pretty quickly when it's damaged so hopefully she'll be OK very soon.

Other news here is that the in-laws arrive from Belgium on Sunday for 5 weeks. So am crazy busy trying to clear out the spare room again, and get the house tidy for them.

Hope the Birthday Month continues to be a happy one for everyone,

xx Rhi

oh my gosh! Poor Milla! Hope she feels better before the in-laws arrrive!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast