Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #10

Evening Ladies,
    Hope you and your babies are all doing well.
    I had my 6mth check up at thew MCHN today. I decided that I would walk up seeing I was going to drive to Mother’s group later in the day. Was a good idea until I realised it was bloody 7 degrees (It was freezing). No real benefit to the big walk cause I just chowed down Chinese takeaway and a bag of prawn crackers…. I haven’t had any takeaway in about 6 weeks, I was hanging for it…
    Sam – The penny has dropped , it is you from Mother’s Group… I am not very quick am I.. I didn’t even look to see that you were from Geelong.
    Meg – Jett’s password is: jett
    Tiggy – Let me tell you that you are one fantastic, strong, loving (OGM so many more words) person I think I have ever meet (well not in person) .
    Jillian – Hello don’t think I has said hi before, just checked out Immy’s web page those pictures of her hands and feet are so great. In black and white they are amazing, I think I am going to take some of Jett’s they are chubby and so sweet at the moment.
    Beck - Good luck to John, fingers crossed.
    I started this post @ 7pm tonight but my friend came over so I will do more personals tomorrow.

Goodnight all
    Take Care

At Abby's appt yesterday she weighed 7.03 kg. What are your bub's weights?

Hi everyone, I officially feel as crap as ever after my 7th night of about 4 hours of interrupted sleep. I am finding Tim is being USELESS and hasnt' helped since she got sick. What is with that? I am so angry at him for leaving it all up to me that I can't talk to him or even look at him in fear of going so crazy that they'll take me away.
    Why does he do it? He helps when Im well rested but not when i really need him. I am furious.
    Sarajo, coco weighed 7.5kilos the other day at the Doc's...not sure if that's way big or what.
    Beck, don't worry, those comps are rigged I say!!! Maddy's beautiful and should've been in the finals.
    And very good luck to John for his interview. I know how you feel!! Tim is still on a crap wage, Im hanging for the day he gets his degree and some better pay (a couple of years away), but on his wage with four people, it's a huge struggle.
    better go and feed coco. She seems happy today but the cough is at it's worst, just won't stop (and i have it too, we sound so ridiculous together).
    talk later xooxox

Awwww.... {{{{{Meg}}}}} Sorry to hear you're still having really rough nights with Coco being sick at all. I totally hear you about a certain DH not being much support or help at night. Don't you just want to punch them sometimes? They offer to help but when it comes down to it, it's suddenly 'your job' because they have to work in the morning. I can't remember the last time a Mummy had a 9 hour day!

Gosh, I don't know how you do survive on a small wage with 4 and a mortgage. We're struggling with no mortgage and having to pay a small rent with our repayments for the car. Can't wait til we've paid off the car and we have $150+ a week extra to spend on other things. Still three years away though.... You're amazing girl!

Dani - good on you for recommending BB to your mothers' group friends! It's always great to have more friends here; and more babies to goo over! hehe Hope you enjoyed having your friend over and don't feel too bad about eating/scoffing down some Chinese. OMG you make me want to binge on prawn crackers right now! *L* Chinese certainly isn't the worst you could have eaten, I think I win with my Whopper Cheese value meal I had for dinner last night! hehe

Sara - Thanks for the support....I shouldn't have been so down about Maddy and the comp, I just wanted everyone to see & share how beautiful my little girl is! I have no idea how much Maddy weighs....the last time I had her weighed was at her immunisations @ 4 months. She was 6.1kgs then. For all I know she's a heffalump now and like 8kgs! *LOL* She's certainly looking very rollypolly at the moment.

I don't think charts are much to worry about, but according to the latest charts for girls at 6 months, the 50th percentile is 7.3kgs.

Hi All,
    Well 6th months must be the sick time for babies. This morning Jett woke up with a blocked nose and cough. He seems fine, so I am not worried at the moment. May too be because of his injections. He woke this morning at 5:30am not to sure why, I just hope it is a once off..
    My God, It is so bloody cold, poor babies must be even colder as they are not mobile yet.
    Beck - No good about Maddy and Take five, is she in an agency??? Maybe that might help.
    Sam – I have Jett in front of Raggs now, he has been a terror last night and God I am not used to it after such a good month.
    Sarajo - Jett’s six-month measurement are; Length: 70cm
    Head circumference: 45cm
    Weight: 9240kg
    What a whopper hey!!:eek: I think most boys are bigger than girls; most of my mum’s at mother groups girls are about the same. Little girls are just so sweet; I love having a cuddle when I get the chance. I really wish I do have a little girl second but if not I would be happy with either, really.
    Meg – God I think it is most men!!! I think they just think that it is all up to us, they are the bread winners and we are just MOTHERS. My god some days I just want to slap Ben. It would help your emotions running on 4 hours sleep either. I know when Jett was really bad I was the same any little thing would set me off, Ben would bloody cop it. It is worse too as he is not around when all the hard work needs to be done, sometimes it feels like you are the mother and the father, I am with you it really sucks…
    Take Care all
    I will catch up later

Dani, Jett is not a whopper! He looks so healthy...the MCHN must be so impressed with you & your little man!

tiggy Guest

Beck, fingers crossed for DH. Sorry that Madyy didn't get in the top 20 She IS beautiful. It's just a stupid magazine and ONE persons opinion, we all know differently

Dani thank you. Sorry to hear that Jett is sick too. Hope it is just his injections. Good on you for walking...yummo at the take away. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Sarajo - Noah weighs 8.2 kgs. For his adjusted age (4 mths) - he is on the 97th centile!!! But he is just perfect for a 6 monther! I think they are all perfect, no matter what size. Ivy is little compared to him, she weighs 6.8kgs. Mind you, she was only 5.8kgs just over three weeks ago! So I'm glad to see she is chunking up!

Meg to you too, sorry that you are feeling crap. I think, like the other girls, it must be all men. Although my DH doesn't get a choice he HAS to help, I still have to ask him to do things. Why is that? He expects me to do stuff but I have to ASK him????

Jillian, WOW a tooth! How exciting! Hope it's not too painful for your little Immy.

Well, it looks like the gastro is not finished with the babies yet, Ivy poor red bottom is getting worse No more vomiting though, other than the reflux. I can't wait til we can go back to the chiro
    Oh and I hear you all on the one income thing, I find it very hard but work for me is not an option yet. I'll go back on night duty, when the babies sleep through the night because my Dad used to look after the kids when I worked during the day and now he is gone, so is my support but we will work it out.

Ahhh....*sits down and relaxes* Trying not to be nervous as John is in the middle of his interview right now. Maddy has just gone down for a nap with nothing more than a squeal as she was playing in her cot. I noticed she's starting resting her head down on the carpet when she's tired when she's in the middle of playing. It's now about midday that she does this rather than 10-11am. Guess it's just her getting older and managing to be up for longer.

I've neatened up after the bombsite my DH has left getting ready this morning, done the washing up and prepped the vegies for the roast lamb dinner tonight. Hopefully the lamb will be thoroughly defrosted soon! Eeek!! *LOL*

Jillian - WOW on Immy's tooth! Hope that it will cut quickly and she will be back to her beautiful self soon...although I don't remember you mentioning her even being out of sorts anyway! I've never heard of your high school...was it on the northside?

Tiff - hope that darned gastro goes away soon and the twins are exempt from further sickness for a few months at least! Sorry to hear about their poor little red bums... Great point about men! They DO just expect you to do stuff, yet expect you to ask them for the help they should be offering. It amazes me how they're all gung-ho when your TTC & pregnant saying how much they're gonna help, but when it comes down to the crunch they can be so hard to get them to help!

Dani - hope poor little Jett gets better really quickly, those colds really knock them around! Actually, I hope it's just a small little reaction to his needles and that it isn't even a proper cold. *LOL* We put Maddy in front of Raggs this morning and her attention span lasted about 2 seconds before she turned back to DH & I and expected us to entertain her! *L*

Meg, can you put Coco down for a nap on your bed and have a snooze with her? That was the only way I could get Maddy down two days ago, and both of us got to have a rest for an hour & a half.

A big howdy to all of the rest of you girls! Hope all of your babies are healthy and thriving as per usual!

Just quickly(want to try to get 5 min nap in), Beck, i saw Take 5 and all the kids are much older (think there were 2 8months and the rest were much older, so it wasnt' a fair comp anyway. Once our bubs grow a bit and get hair (!!??) they will have a chance!!! Poor coco has a huge bald spot on back of her head.! Classic!
    xo

You're right Meg, it wasn't really an even competition. There was supposed to be two sections of the competition; one for babies up to 3 years and one for over 3 years IIRC. There seem to be an awful lot over two years.

So it seems all men are the same!!!!!!!!! SO unimpressed with Tim. He hasn't even called me during the day once this week (and has been home late every night). You would think he would call to see how either of us are. It's ok for him, he thinks he's got it hard working. I have a friend who works 5 days and has two kids. She went back to work for a "break"!!! And like Beck said, we don't get 9 hour days, our day doesn't end.
    I am trying to organise tillys party for tonight. She's having it at GPK, but Im trying to think of a game to play at the table. Do you think pass the parcel would be ok? Tilly mentioned it, and I thought it might be too young, but there's not alot else we can do at a restaurant table!!
    coco seems to be refusing my vegies and only eating fruit....Last night she ate my vegies (so I gave her double to make up for lost time) but she's fussing today. could be her cold, but it is SOOO annoying when I spend so much time cooking and then she doesn't eat it. I also have jars of veg that she is refusing. I should be used to this with Miss Fussy, Tilly!!
    Anyway, i've just cooked her some parsnip, brocolli and zuchinni!! I'll get mum to give her some tonight while she's minding her!!
    hope everyone's having a good day. Was planning on doing personals but MIL has just arrived xoxo

Thanks Jillian! *L* I feel like such an ijit, was just coming on here to post that I re-read the article and there are 60 finalists, not 20! *slaps forehead* So there's still hope!

Oh and IIRC stands for If I Remember Correctly. Lazy speak for people like me! hehe

Hoping I'm not jinxing us, but John's interview went REALLY well. Even though they were interviewing today several people (there are a couple of positions available), they rang the recruiter straight after John's interview to tell them what they would be offering (less than we were hoping but still quite a bit more than we're getting right now) for the position. The recruitment guy sounded quite confident that John would be getting a 2nd interview. I'm so proud of my man right now, even if he doesn't get the job. Hopefully he will though.... *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by Beckibee; June 9th, 2006 at 07:02 PM.

Ok, just had THE worst Mummy moment ever. John was downloading things on the computer while I was getting the Roast Lamb dinner served. I left Maddy in the pram for a few moments while I dished it out and took my eyes off her for a few seconds before hearing a loud thud. Maddy slid herself out through the bottom part of the pram and landed with a thud on the tiles, head and all. WAHHH!!!!! She's ok, she turned purple trying to scream before I blew in her face and she wailed for a few minutes. John rang his Dad who told us what to look for in case she's concussed herself and we've checked her over...she has a few red marks from where she collected herself on the pram but seems to be ok. If anything happens, we'll take her up to emergency.

Oh my god guys, I'm sure you're not as bad as me but please, never leave your bubbies alone even for a second. I cried, felt like such a bad Mummy.

Oh no! Beck! How scary!! I would have cried too. I'd still be crying, poor you and poor Maddy! I hope she is ok! Keep a close eye on her tonight, poor bubba! You are not a bad mother! Babies fall sometimes.

Everyone else, hope you are all well. Hope all of your babies are well. I just stopped in for a second, but will be back tomorrow to catch up properly.

Take Care & Have a Great weekend. Catch up with you all tomorrow.

P.S I havent seen Rach around for ages.... Rach are you still with us??

Hello Ladies,
    My goodness has anyone else had a very unsettled baby after this round of injections?? Jett has been full on since Wednesday, he was so so hard to get to bed tonight.
    Beck – The MCHN said that he is doing great, and that I was doing a great job. So that makes me feel great.
    I am glad you cleared that IIRC thing up cause I had no idea either, just was to embarrassed to ask.
    Glad to hear that John’s interview went well, hopefully good news will be on it’s was to you all soon. Finger’s crossed.
    You poor things… You are a great Mumma!!!! I did the same thing to Jett when he was only 8 weeks old. DH Ben had not attached the bassinette part of the pram to the pram (I have a Beema, and it has clips that attach the two together) anyway it wasn’t clipped up. We have three steps at our front door and I was wheeling the pram down them not knowing that it was unattached and the bassinette went sliding off the pram and hit the concrete with Jett in it.. He did that same thing as Maddy; he turned purple/red/pink trying to scream. OMG it was something I never want to happen again.
    Meg – Hope Tilly has a great Birthday, hopefully it all goes smoothly. God after our chat about DH today I wanted to punch Ben. Why is it so hard to put dirty washing in the hamper and rubbish in the bin? Oh, I was wild. I found cotton buds, dirty clothes and bills stuffed in the wardrobe. Arrrrrhhh.
    Oh so true about the hours that mother’s do, I never really understood how hard this job was until I started doing it.
    Kate - I still haven’t got the emails, my address is [email protected]
    Tiggy - Wow the twins are doing great by the sounds. They are catching up very quickly. How are you going??
    Jillian - I was n't to worried aout Jett's weight, he is quite long too so it will all work out. I don't think Jett is ever going to get teeth. One of the little boys in my mother's group already has 5 teeth....
    Hi to Sarajo, Christie, Sami, Rach and anyone else lerking about...
    Anyway betta go and have an early night for a change.
    Take care all

Thanks Kate & Dani for the support...I was an emotional wreck last night and found it difficult to sleep. Brought Maddy to bed with me so I wouldn't spend the whole night checking her cot to make sure she was still breathing. Turns out she appears ok, fed like her usual little leechy self and is currently rolling around the cot squealing.

Dani, wow; I can't believe that happened to you with the bassinet/pram when Jett was only 6 weeks old! I hope he didn't actually hit the concrete bit! Did you end up beating up Ben? *sigh* Men are so hopeless. After I slaved over the oven cooking the roast and then having to deal with feeling so terrible about Maddy's fall, DH went off to bed last night leaving me with an awake baby and his dishes (and mine) still in the lounge room and a messy kitchen. So much for help huh?

Well, we're off to breakfast in an hour with my school friends and then I have a driving lesson this afternoon. Hopefully that was my last go with a traumatic Mummy moment for quite a while. 'Tis raining here still up in Brisbane!

Oh Beck, you poor thing. There is nothing worse I know. I had two incidents, one wiht my sister. I was 11, she was baby, and I dropped her. Do you know I never told anyone. (until recently) but it was ok, I spent the entire day and night checking on her breathing OH MY GOSH, I felt awful and scared. Then when Tilly was 6 months, my friend had BEGGED to mind her and I finally gave in.Last thing I said was NOT to take her eyes off her. Anyway, she did take her eyes off her and she went from bed onto floorboards (extra high bed). I did not sleep all night. My thoughts are with you, but she's obviously ok and you are NOT a bad mumma, not at all.
    Rach, where have you gone? We miss you!!
    SHOCKER night. The party was ok, half an hour too long I'd say (was 2 hours) but the kids loved it. Got home and felt sooo sick I couldn't sleep. coco woke up every hour or so. I eventually got to sleep adn then she needed a feed. After her feed I started coughing and I don't think I've EVER had such a sore throat. Didn't sleep much after that and then Tilly came in for her bday, REALLY early!! So feeling utterly crap now and think I should try to have a nap. Of course Tims not alot of use (I've already been up and done washing up and cleaning, and he has just sat and watched.....GGGRRRR)
    talk later xoxoxo

Wow a lot of chatting since I have been on! Sorry no time for all personals right now! Our best man in our wedding is coming for a visit Sunday! So excited. He will only be here for an hour or so though! He has not met Abby yet. THEN in a week and a half I go to Ohio! YAY! I get to see tons of family and friends! I will be there a whole 3.5 weeks! I cant wait! Abby is getting over her cold, and I am starting it! I have a sore throat today, but not too bad.
    I feel so bad for you Meg...I hope your fam feels all better soon! Good job on the party! I dont know how you did it sick, poor thing!

Beck accidents do happen! You are a good mama! When Abby was just a couple DAYS old, she was on her bouncer and she had fallen off the edge. She didnt hit the floor, but I cam into the room to see her dangling upside down! My heart just stopped and I cried! Since then she has thrown herself over the side of that bouncer quite a few times, and finally, I had to put it away...no more bouncer for my gymnist! lol!
    Yay for John on his interview!

Dani I hope Jett slept well for you! Abby has no sign o f teeth yet either!

Well, gotta go clean while my munchkin is asleep!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast