Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #12

Wow Christie...to think this time last year we were all finding out at 4wks pregnant because we knew when AF was due/ovulation happened etc. Glad to hear that you're starting to feel better.

Oh, and so relieved about little Owen. What a litle well and robust boy he is! hehe

Guess what?!?! Miss Madeline has a toothy peg! Was checking her mouth before because she had a little rash on her face last night and my finger got jabbed by the edge of a front tooth just beginning to appear. It seems to have mostly cut the top of the tooth so hopefully it won't be too bad from here on. I am such a wuss....I nearly started crying, I was so proud of her! *L*

Yey Maddy on your tooth!! Beck, Im the same. teh first time tilly laughed, i cried!! The pride is ridiculous!! Still no teeth for miss coco, although Im sure it's what had her up the other night. It's all returned to normal now (the mouth) so I don't know when we'll see it pop through!!
    Christie, it's amazing how much more relaxed the 2nd preg is. The way you say you'll have to get an u/s soon, the first time we were all counting down!! Will you find out the sex?? It's very exciting! I hope you don't get bad m/s.
    coco did 1.5 hours this morn whichis a relief since tilly is here not being exactly quiet. Anyway, better go and feed and then we're off to the shops. I am so tired after dinner though that I could quite happily sleep all day!!
    xox

Hey Ladies,
    I have just come home from my night out with Child Support. May God I am 25 and felt like I was 45. We went to night clud after going out for dinner. I think I have gone deaf.
    OMG, I have got Jett into child care, I am not sure now if I want this job?? I don't want to leave my baby with strangers.
    I am really happy to be going back to work I wish Jett could just sit in the pram beside me all day.
    Beck - Go Miss Maddy!!! I don't think Jett will ever get teeth. He has had a rash on his face that makes him look like a clown. I am sure the Pixie photo's are just going to turn out a treat, hehe.
    Meg - Tell Coco she is a Good Girl , and to keep sleeping well for her mummy. Have you moved her into her own room?
    Anyway betta get to bed
    Night All

Good Morning!!!

Oh Chrisite what wonderful news all round for you!!! Firstly great to hear that all is well with Owen and secondly WOW on your bubba news, all the very best to both you and Ben and to BIG Brother Owen!!!

All have a good day

Just a quick pop-in...we're off for a friends & family picnic at New Farm Park today for some birthdays. Am feeling all domestic, having packed a scrumptious picnic basket.

I highly recommend date nights. DH and I had a wonderful time (and yes, the drought is over! *L* Wasn't too bad although I'm sure that trainee dr put an extra stitch in now), had some beautiful indian curry for dinner and just relaxed and chatted with coffee. Little Maddy wasnt exactly impressed by the 4hr time apart - especially when she realised Aunty Leah's boobies dont lactate! *L*

Oh and Maddy slept 10pm-5am for us last night but I didnt enjoy it much because DH was coughing most of the night. Never would have bothered me in the past but now Im a light sleeper because of Maddy.

Have a lovely weekend ladies, and hope the weather is as wonderful where you live as it is in Brisbane today - not a cloud to be seen.

yey beck that the drought is over, that's classic! Glad you had a great date night!! Tim and I are going to a Rock Star 21st tonight, don't know how I/ll cope after a day at uni!! Im totally exhausted. And can you believe that for the First time EVER coco did 2 x 2 hour sleeps today for Tim. WHAT THE... there is no way now that tim will EVER believe that I have it tough!!
    anyway, gotta go and get ready. will do personals tomorrow
    xoxo

Meg has you gone back to Uni? I know what you mean when Ben is with Jett he is an angel and I am sure that he thinks the same thing, this isn't so hard??
    Have a good night all

Just a quick message to say that Torin had his check up of his arm last wednesday and he gets his cast/splint off on Tuesday YAY!!!!!!!!!1

Clare, That is great news about Torin. I hope all goes well.

Congratulations Christie! Wow. And also Yay that there is nothing wrong with Owen.

Clare, great news about Torin. Poor little guy, I'm glad he gets cast/splint off on Tuesday

Beck, Glad you had a wonderful date night. Yay Maddy with her teeth and big sleeps.

Dani, I know what you mean about just wanting Jett to sit next to you. I'm hoping the child care place I applied for will call me back tomorrow, but I almost want to not study because I don't want to leave my little boy with anyone else.

Grr the washing machine broke last night. Didn't even finish washing the clothes! LOL

Michaels Dad came to see Logan on Saturday. Logan kept frowning/pouting/crying whenever he held him. Maybe it's just that he looks like "a refugee from the 60s" as Mum puts it. Maybe Logan was afraid of his beard LOL Oh dear.. But Logan hadn't seen him for months so he can't be expected to get excited over someone he may not even remember.

Clare, great news about Torin!! Poor little bubba!!
    Dani, Im just studying p/t this year. Im doing intensive saturdays three times a term instead of weekly. Im studying Transformational life coaching, this year Im just doing the counselling subject. It's really fun but intense. It's a two year course, but IM doing it over three years as I was desperate to get my brain working but didn't want to over do it with a new bub.
    Coco slept in her own room last night! Is quite ridiculous sharing with tim and tilly, but it meant I didn't hear coco and she actually went from 7pm04.30am before I heard anything!! She didn't get up until 7.20am either, so I went in twice after 4.30am for a second, and Im not sure if she slept, but i didn't hear her!!!
    How's everyone doing? The 21st I went to on sat night was good. I did a bit of kareoke! Was lots of fun. It was a rock star them, I just wore a dress with boots and a cute purple beret type hat I have.
    Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend and that the bubba's are healthy and sleeping well!!
    Sarajo, how is Ohio??
    xoxo

edited to add: my bub was 7 months on saturday. Seriously, where has time gone???? She has started to try to sit up straight, but not very good at it. She also called out MUM the other day, but it was a one off, she still prefers dada!! xo
    Last edited by Mumma2three; July 3rd, 2006 at 09:57 AM.

Hey ladies, can't stay long. DH has gastro (yay for me!) and Maddy is still grouchy with her tooth still cutting through. Had about 2hrs sleep last night as the rest of the time either Maddy was waking me up or DH was vomitting (which in turn freaked out Maddy and she'd cry). Argh.

Hope your Mondays are all going well!

tiggy Guest

Hey bec,
    Sorry to hear about the gastro running through your house.
    Hope everyone feels better soon.
    Hope Maddy is spared.

Thanks Tiggy! Isn't gastro nasty stuff...I'm sorry that it's recently torn through your family, including the babies.

What is it about husbands? They'll sleep through the night and even lie there half-awake while you deal with screaming or sick children; yet the moment they're sick the world is ending? DH got a right serve today, despite how sick he was; he was SO demanding and it was like I had nothing better to do then wait on him hand and foot! Grrr...

Better go, Maddy is wanting a cuddle & feed I think; DH should be home soon from his interview. Typical, company rings him today when he's had gastro and tell him that they're only doing interviews today. Don't even get me started on the GP appointment I made today...talk about flaming idiots in at that doctor's surgery. We waited over an hour past his appointment time only to discover he'd been told the wrong thing (by their own staff) and in the end we had to rebook for tonight at 8pm because he had to get home to get dressed for the interview.

How is everyone going? Tried the beef in red wine & garlic SC recipe today but I shouldn't have added that extra 1/2cup of water. It was too runny and even though I added a bit of flour it never thickened up enough. Still tasted yummy though!

Beck, don't get me started on teh Doctor's either. We have waited soooo much for silly receptionist mistakes lately!! I hope DH gets better soon so you can have a break!! Men are unbelievable babies when it comes to illnesses. I had Tilly on antibiotics, coco and me with chest infection, for 10 days, then Tim got it and it was the END of the world.....GGRRR.
    YUm, I love red wine and beef. Im actually going to do a beef stew tomorrow that I can also blend a bit together for coco!! I figure if teh meat is that tender, she might like it even more, and I can just try chopping it at some stage instead of blending. I love how tender it is with the SC!! I wanted ot do lamb shanks today, but they're still frozen.. SO Annoyed. I had them in the fridge over night, but they're pretty big, thus still frozen!! will have to plan something else now. I've done beef strog twice, Yummy!!
    hope everyone is doing well, better run, Im settling coco without a dummy!!!!!!!!! And,...she's quiet. Thank god becuase she was up since 4am screaming. She then slept from 6.15am-7.15am and has been up from then until 9am, so Im pretty excited that she's gone off with no dummy in under 20 minutes!!! PLEASE stay asleep!! xoxoxo

Hi all,
    thanks for your congratulations!!we went to canberra for the wkend and have come back soooooooooo sick!!but ben is home today looking after me and cleaning house, so thats nice..owen is very feral, but maybe hes getting what i've got??am soooo tired too!!the nausea seems to be easing off now, so thats good!!well am going back to bed will do personals later..
    have a great day!!

Christie - hope you can relax and get some sleep; feel better soon! So excited about your baby news, and in total awe of you going back for a 2nd bubba so soon. Hopefully you'll get over the m/s soon....any 'feelings' yet about whether you think it's a boy or girl?

Meg - *rolls eyes* Sounds like our DH are very alike there. Bummer about the lamb shanks! Hope they defrost for you soon so you can cook them up...have to try that recipe soon. Went to buy them when I went bulk meat shopping but they were sold out, same as Woolies last week when I went shopping. Have you got mince? Those porcupine balls in tomato are SOOOOO scrumptious in the SC. So far, my corned beef has been our favourite success story! hehe Oooh, you must tell us how little Coco goes trying out the beef stew pureed! Yummo....

How is everyone else going today? DH is home again today, he got given two days off by the doctor last night.

Ok, please pray again for our job situation. John went for an interview yesterday for a 6-month contract and now they're talking permanent including a transfer down to Sydney if all works out. Either way, it's still at least a $10,000 increase on our current situation. It's down to 2 people for the job and they've just rung some of John's referees. *crosses fingers* Should know either way by the end of the day!

Wow Beck, fingers crossed!! How exciting if you came to Syd!! I so hope he gets it, just for the sake of getting a good job with extra $$$!!!
    Christie, hope you're feeling better soon. How sweet of Ben to be taking care of you!! It's so damn hard when you're sick and htere's a bubba to look after!
    Exciting news, Coco has had two sleeps today with no dummy!! This is a first!! This morn was awful, she did go off initally but woke up after only 20 mins, but this arvo she settled faster and Im so relieved. She's had a reasonable sleep already which is fantastic as the poor little sausage had a huge dark ring under her eye, so tired I guess.
    Beck, I defrosted the shanks in the microwave, had to because I was craving them, and Im going to chop some meat off at coco's dinner time and give her some with her vegies. Im hoping it will be so tender that I can cut it up in tiny bits.
    Christie, do you have names picked out from when Owen was born?? NAmes are my fav part!! I know it's early, but it's exciting!! I also noticed that someone in Jan buddies is pregnant already!! Sal I think it was...how exciting!!
    How's everyone else going? Kate, I hope your flu has gone..haven't heard from you in a while. Hope Jasmine is well.
    Rach, how are you going?? Hope everyone else is going well xoxo

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast