Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #21

My sister got her this morning!! I am sooo happy for her!! She called me at 6:00 am! lol!

Dani aweee I hope Jett feels better soon! I think the EN&T is a good idea. I wonder if putting tubes in his ears would help? Poor chicken...and poor mama! Hope you car is an easy fix!!

Beck that is a tough one! Are you sure they wont have something for you that is a couple days a week? You could always try it and in a month or 2 if you dont like it then quit?

Meg sometimes Abby will eat like a cow and other times she wont touch anything. She didnt want to eat dinner last night and I kinda forced her to by offering it over and over untill she gave up, and I got payback by her vomitting all over my living room carpet! lol! So she really really wasnt hungry...I felt so bad! She does lose her appetite when she is teething also! I wouldnt worry about it...as long as you offer at least 3 meals and 2 snacks or so a day, she's bound to eat when shes hungry! I give Abby pediasure every night to bulk her up a big since she is so tiny per the doctors recomendations. She loves it and it is filled with calleries and vitamins!

Thanks for the comments on the pics Missy! I'm glad Callum had a nice birthday! dont worry abou tmonkey...he'll get used to eating without him after awhile, as long as you stick to your guns and make sure you dont give in and give him his monkey while its time to eat! lol! He is such a cutie! Its great that he has a lovie!!

rayray, so glad Milo's lip is ok! Poor clumbsy babies! I know I will have stories like that when Abby starts walking more!

Melly OMG Logan is a doll baby in those new pics! WOW how adorable!

I am all smiles today because of my sister!

Tomorrow morning I go and have my gum cut to see if the tooth is fractured. Blah! Oh well, finally this should fix the pain!!

Meg I love Coco's new ticker!! How adorable!

Dan I will try again to look at the photos. I have no idea where im going to find another monkey. It use to be Melissa's. Hmmmm ill have to think.
    Hope Jett feels better soon.

Sarajo Wooooohoooo on your sisters and may she have a wonderful pg. Im not going to give in to Callum with Monkey...well i hope...lol

GTG as Melissa's first day back at school today. BBL

Good luck with the tooth too sarajoxxx

Sarajo, WOOHOO for your sister. That's not Eddie's mum is it??
    Beck, I hear ya girl. I SO Needed to get some adult interaction happening in my life! Are you not moving to Syd anymore? I would say go for it anyway, and give it a go. You DONT have to stay if you don't like it, but at least if you try it you can't ask yourself "what if". Maddy will be happy, it's ALWAYS the parents who suffer the most as far as separation anxiety.
    I think sometimes it makes for a better mother when they aren't with bub all the time. Of course that is not always the way, but I know for me I function better after I've had child free time.
    Many of my; mothers group have gone back full time. One of them is so excited because her baby LOVES childcare and my friend is interacting with adults and can go to the loo when she chooses!!
    Dani, I hope Jett is better soon. Poor thing. It is totally normal for them to be sick so often when around other kids. Tilly had about 6 ear infections in her first year of kindy (she hadn't been around many kids before that) and many tummy bugs etc, so I'd think it's kind of normal. Mind you, middle ear might mean something is out of whack and needs looking at, is he doing lots of swimming? Maybe that could be effecting it. Sorry Im prob way off.
    have a good day everyone, we're meant to have mothers group today, will depend on coco's sleeping. Thanks for the advice guys, I'd say she's going through a stage of not wanting to eat, getting more teeth etc. DAMN TEETH. Sarajo, you would know better than anyone that they just continue to give us grief!!
    xoxoxo

True Meg, what is it with teeth anyway?! No it is not Eddies mum, it is my other sister..this will be her first! She is 37 so she was worried that she would have problems conceiving! She is so excited! I am too...we are all very close!

Missy I hope melissa has a great first day back!

Sorry Sarajo, didn't read the previous posts properly. So exciting for your sister! And for the rest of the fam!! Great that Abby, Eddie and cousin will all be close together in age!! I love having lots of cousins my age!
    I feel like I may be coming down with something. I so hope not, don't think I could handle getting sick. Then it would pass on to the girls, couldn't cope!! Will have lots of vitamins and fruit today!!
    xo

Awe, I hope you are not getting sick Meg! Drink lots of water too! That may flush it out!

Thanks girls. I'm leaning towards going for it - although the logistics of finding available child care and working out how to get her there and picked up around my hours will be interesting. I just think that things happen for a reason, and it was ironic that when I happened to mention to my friend I was thinking about coming back he jumped at it and said there was a job coming up. Above all, they were so understanding when I was so ill with Maddy. I mean, not everyone would be as patient with a woman who comes to work, throws up for two hours and then goes home. I never once got threatened or told I had to make a decision about my future there even though for a good 10 weeks there I was only at work for probably 6 weeks of it! *L*

Sarajo - OUCH on the money to fix your tooth. When are you booked in to have it looked at? Congrats to your sister, wow it seems like everyone is pregnant around me at the moment. Two of my closest friends are due in September and I'm so excited to be an Aunty again! I still LOVE that photo of Abby in your siggy, she looks like such a cherub there!

Meg - WELCOME back hon! How's the work at the cafe going? I loved the photos of your new house and the girls. My goodness, Coco is turning (ok, she was always cute! hehe) into a fair stunner. I LOVE the way you've done her fringe in that photo - must try that myself with Maddy! *L*

Missy - YAYYYY on Mel's first day back at school! Sorry to hear you're still having food probs with Callum and that he still won't eat properly without Monkey. Isn't it amazing how children get attached to a certain toy. My brother was the same with his 'blankie'. Wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Ray - OMG, poor little man! Is he feeling better? That's a relief that there's no underlying problem with his balance. Maybe we should get together and design some crash helmets and stuff for babies of this age? The amount of times Maddy's gotten eggs on her head from stacks is unbelievable. I cannot believe how many teeth your little man is getting at once! I hear you on the food frustrations. Oh and great idea about the duck in the pond. Maddy has these super cool bath toys in sea creature shapes so I might get the octopus or something and do the same thing.

Dani - Poor little Jett with the ear infections....that sounds horrible. I had grommets put in my ears at 18 months (and adnoids taken out) but not because of ear infections, because I didn't breathe correctly. Good luck at work for your new job! I used to work for a big insurance company up here in Brisbane. I was an underwriter (for personal & business insurance) and sales service officer, so I had a panel of brokers throughout Queensland who I had to basically keep happy. Of course it had it's upsides, I got to go to things like the World Cup in 2003, football matches, Aus Vs NZ cricket test matches. Was way cool! hehe I don't think you're a selfish Mum at all....I feel the same way. I wish I could be one of those Mum's that loves to sit and play with my child, but Maddy doesn't really like me 'interfering' with her games and honestly, I think she gets a bit sick of being around me all of the time. Now if only I could get DH to tell me HONESTLY what he thinks of me going back FT it would be good!

Tiff - CONGRATS on a superb first day back at work. I read your post in another thread and can't believe you were right in there and delivering babies! hehe You must be so relieved to hear that everyone has welcomed you back so warmly - I know you were a little nervous about all of that. Glad to hear you got loads of cuddles & kisses when you got home fromt work too!

Yael, Melly, Christie, Jillian, Rach, Sami....thinking of you all! Sorry I didn't get to you this time. I need to go back a few pages to find your last posts to find out what you've been up to!

Hey guys,

Have to be quick as i am working today.

CONGRATS TO MARNEE, LOGAN AND MADDY FOR WALKING!!!

Sarajo - congrats for your sister - how exciting! Good luck with having a resolution for your tooth... Let's hope you a pain free very soon! I looked at your website. Abby is so cute.. who is the other girl in the photos - her cousin or just a friend?

Missy - hope you get an earlier appointment with Callum. I have a pronoucned heart mumur, which has been investigated a number of times, but have never had any problem with it (all the females in my famil yhave - sis, mum, gmother, aunt). Hopefully it will just be innocent. Goodluck for Melissa's first day back - what grade is she in?? And your present to her sounds incredible! I wish my mum did something like that for me...

Meg - welcome back! I love coco's photo - she looks so gorgeous - like a real little lady. Gosh i want a little girl. I checked out your photos - your new place looks great! How is Tilly going? What grade is she in??

Bec - i'm back at work 2-3 days per week. I'm lucky i have family minding him, cos otherwise i don't think i would do it (financially and emotionally), but i have problems trying to get him into appropriate child care. I am really enjoying PT work, just to get a break from him and adult interaction and using my mind really helps me. I find i have a lot more patience for him when i am with him also, so i think it makes me a better mum. He enjoys spending time with his grandparents, and he gets to play with something new and do things other than housework with me. Its hard b/c you do miss out on things, but unfortunatly you can't have it 2 ways with $$ and being there all the time. Even if you worked from you they could be in the other room and you might still miss it IYKWIM? I think you should try it on a trial basis (like 6 weeks) and if you don't like it or it isn't working than you can stop.

Mel - So, were you on the news? How exciting! I would have just stammered and sounded like an idiot, so good thing news crews know to stay away from me I love Logans pic - he looks SO happy! Just gorgeous! When do you start uni again - March?? Good luck.

Dani - I can't believe Jett-boy (i love that nickname!) through a corncob at you! I would be PMSL too, but how funny...soz! You can remind him about that at his 21st. Good luck about him climbing on everything - must be so scary! Hope the gastro is better! Thanks for the photos you sent to my hotmail (which i like never check btw, so it was lucky i saw them). Your birthday looked like a lot of fun! Good luck for getting the car fixed. Our alternator also went a little while ago - i think it was like $100, which isn't so bad car wise! Good luck for starting this sat! Is it FT or PT? I hope the ear infections get better. I would probably go to the EN&T spec just to be on the safe side if it was me. Let us know how it goes.

Tiff - great to hear that your shift went so well! I'm so happy for you, it must be such a relief! How are the twins doing with the allergies? Did you just get a referral from the GP. I;m worried DA might have a milk allergy, but the GP said to keep an eye on it for a few week and then get him tested.

Renee - How is work going? What are the kids in your class like? Is it hard with the pregnancy and working?

Kate - Congats on your bro getting engaged! How exciting! When is the wedding? It sounds so cute about Jasmines tallking! DA also does the "what's that" or "whos that" but thats about it.. Althoguh whenever he gets on anything ride on her does the "brrmmmm" noise! I hear you on the temper thing! Da has just started doing it - arching his back whenever he doesn't want to go somewhere (car seat, stroller, highchair). He hasn't started kicking me yet - thank g-d! I don't know what to do, do i ignore it or can you start to teach them nice manners at this age?

How is gymbaroo?? It looks great, i would love to take DA but i hear its very expensive (somebody from my MC who is very well off wanted us all to do 'can do kids' with her - but its $14 a session). Do you think kids are disadvantage by not going to these things? I feel bad i can't afford creche (and don't really want him there anyway unless its b/c i'm working), my mc isn't on so often, and i don't like it so much cos he seems to be the most active one there and its hard for me to stop him touching everyone else, and we don't make it to the park so often (i did go yesterday for the first time in ages). I think i'm a bad mummy and my kid will end up bored cos all he ever does is play in the living room or something. I need to be better about taking him for walk and stimulating him every day - but its hard working PT and trying to keep the house in order. Sometimes i feel like such a failure!

Rach - How is Milo's lip?? How scary... How did it happen? I hope the teething gets better soon... its horrible when there is nothing you can do to make it better. I've also never had anyone tell me that a temp is normal for teething. He doesn't get it everytime he does, but maybe 1/2 the time. I hope he is feeling better very soon, and think about all the new stuff he can eat with all his new teeth!

Well, not much news here. DA has discovered he is a boy - finally! Gets quite a lot of giggles at nappy change time.

Oh, and yesterday when we were outside gardening he suddenly started standing up on his own! I was screaming and clapping and he sat bak down, but later did it like 4 times. And then i called my parents to tell them, and dad goes "oh, he did that last week and we forgot to tell you", so i misseyd his first time, and i didn't even know... But at least he is doing it, so hopefully he will be walking soon!

My other news is that i'm thinking of doing a certificate in massage and running my own massage business. My best friend is a physio and runs hger own massgae biz at nights, but doesn't really want it at the moment, cos she works FT and its too much. So if i train (6 months full time) than i can have her news clients and we will do it together.

I'm worried that:
    1) massage isn't for me, although i think it is interesting, and most of it its a way to run my own biz which i'm really intested in
    2) it might damage my friendship if the partnership doesn't work out - although i want to build up my own clients (mainly religious women in my community as i can't masage men) so i have something to rely on if we do stop it.

Thats mainly it. I'm going for a meeting with the massage school i want to go to - its right around the cnr from me, and they are good about me only doing females in prac class. Only probs is they have classes on a sat, so i have to apply for prior learning from my uni degree - which i'm praying i'll get! Its starts in 2 weeks, so i'm nervous about it, and might not be able to work so much for the last 2 week si said i would, but i ahev to stop anyway in march as DH is back at uni and we will lose our centrelink if i do work. So its the best possible time for me to try and learn a new skill.

I really want to do their short course in pregnancy massage, so maybe i can try and get some work through BB!

I tested yesterday and it was BFN, but it was only 8DPO and not first thing in the morning anyway. AF is due Sunday, so migh test then when i have a better chance. Trying not to get to despondant about the neg!

Anyway, gtg, need to go to work so we can have $$

Just want to say *LOLOLOL* @ the picture of your DS, Yael! He is SUCH a cutie, it almost looks like he is talking through is eyes there.

Oh and SORRY Kate for missing you in my big long post! Definitely glad to see you around here some more!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks Bec! I think that photo was let me grab the camera mummy!

Gosh i;m late for work - but you know when you just don't care???

*LOL* I certainly do Yael! Sadly it seems like I feel that way TOO often recently!

Wow its busy in this thread today, as I am typing I am getting 1 email alert after another that "XXX has posted a new message in a thread you have subscribed to" ha ha !

Yael - are you allowed to practice on any women or will you only be working within your community? I've volunteer if you need one, I know someone who did a similar training program and I think you have to get a certain number of practical hours etc..

It sounds like a great opportunity. Yes there is always a risk when you go into business with friends, but I guess you have to weigh that up against the potential benefits that it could have. If you don't give it a try, you'll never know.

Becka
    - I found it really quite difficult going back to FT work, and I had to go when Milo was just 5 months old, as I'm the main income earner in our family. My mum went part time and she has Milo 2 days per week, and he goes to crech for the other 3. I think he really does like it, he heads straight over to the teachers and kids and just ignores us when we take him, and some night he doesn't want to come home! However childcare is a lot more available in my area, I have heard horror stories about trying to get it in Sydney.

sarajo - congratulations to your sister!

Milo's lip is fine now, just a little fat. He fell over at creche ( I have a feeling they left his socks on while he was walking around - they usually take them off) and hit a table on the way down.

I am not sure if gymbaroo is a set price of if each franchise charges what they like? The one nearest me is $140 a term. Milo doesn't go - DH's company are a supplier for the original person who started it (I think, someone high up).

Rach - i can do any women - so i'll let you know when i need volunteers!

If only i had such long arms that i could massage myself *dreaming*

Oh Boy you ladies can talk. I thought I could...lol

Melissa and starting year 8 this year and is so excited to be going back and seeing her friends. We were up at 6.30 making breakfast and doing her hair. She is taller then me now, not that thats hard as im only 5ft 1or 2 give or take.

Yael - if the friendship is stronge id go for it. It would be good for you!!!! Im sure his murmur will be fine. Im waiting to see if I can get in early.

Bec - Callum had breakfast today without Monkey. YAY...lol... Although he was watching him very close.

Tiff - how is your work going. Or should I say how are you going...lol...Im sure your doing great!!!

Well all. Doing alittle house work. I will pop in later and see you then.

Take care

OK, everyone, I have an announcement.

The Moderating team have decided to merge the July, August, September, October, November and December baby buddies groups into the one six month thread Babies Born July - December 2005. This is something we usually do once threads start to slow right down and some of the threads have practically no one posting in them at all.

You have been a wonderful group of girls and we hope that you will continue to post in the new thread.

Thanks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789