Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #21

Talking

Hello Ladies,
    Morning all, I hope that you are all going great.
    OMG, Jett isnít walking but he is climbing on everything and I mean everything. I walked into his room to find him climbing up his change table. I got him off to then find him climbing up into his cot. He finds it so funny but I donít. He is very confident and loves to take risks, which is not a great thing. Ben, Jett and I were eating dinner the other night when all of a sudden I was hit in the head by a corncob. This is funny but it isnít, Ben and I tried not to laugh but it got the better of us and by the end we were both crying with laughter. Oh this little boy is going to be cheeky, I am going to have full hands that is for sure.
    Is anyone else finding that size 1 clothes are getting a little small? I brought Jett some winter clothes the other day and had to take them back as they were too small. What is with that??
    Missy Ė
    HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY CALLUM
    I hope that you have the best day ever; it is so hard to believe that 1-year passes so quickly. I never thought that I could have so much fun and love fitted into 1 year.
    I would be calling and asking for an appointment on a cancellation, that is what we did when we registered at Tweedle sleep school. I was on a massive waiting list and I was going bald tearing my hair out.
    Canít wait to see a photo of the backyard, sounds like you have put so much hard work into it.
    I what a great present, Melissa is going to love it!! You need to take a camera and get a shot of her face after you tell her where she is going.
    I have emailed you with some game ideas. Sorry they are the best I could think of.
    Tiggy Ė Hello love, I hope that the kids got off to school okay. I bet it must have been a crazy time in your house this morning.
    Thanks for the work wishes, I canít wait to start.
    I hope that you enjoy starting back at work. I am sure that you will just slip right in and feel like you had never left. I am really glad that you worked things out and were able to start back.
    I am so over this sickness, I have been feeling really crappy. Yesterday I started getting gastro, Yeah for me!!!
    I am sorry to hear that Ivy and Noah are not well also. I have never been as sick as since I have had Jett.
    Melly Ė I hope you had the best time at The Big Day Out!!! I would have love to go and see Jet; they are my favourite rock band. Oh I love the photos!!!
    I would have been P*%!ed about your SIL too. My family and close friends are everything to me and when someone doesnít do the best for them it really upsets me.
    Congrats on the registration, what are you going to be doing now?? I would love to do childcare or teaching, crazy I know but it is something that interests me.
    Meg Ė I hope that Tilly got off to school okay today. When are you coming back??? We are all missing you, well I am anyway!!!
    Sarajo Ė YEAH ABBY GIRL!!!! My gosh all of these babies are growing up way to quick.
    I hope that you go okay at the periodontist, wishing you the best of luck.
    Christie Ė Wow, Owen is such a big boy in his own bed. I have no idea when the right time is to put Jett in one or if I should get a big bed or just a toddler one. We are not planning on #2 for a few years so I guess I am in no hurry.
    Sorry to hear that you didnít get that special time with your Mum, you arenít winging either it is something that was special that was just for you.
    Gotta go the climbing bean is awake and barking like a dog

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY LITTLE MASTER CALLUM! Hope you have a wonderful time at your party possum!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY CALLUM!!

Sorry I am so late on the personals!

Missy
    - I hope all goes well at your appt in March. My paed also told me that heart murmurs were not uncommon and most went away.

Renee & Melinda & Beck
    - Woohoo on Marnie and Logan and Maddy walking. Now you're in trouble! ha ha

Dani - congrats on the new job

Tiff - I am so glad you got your work shifts sorted out; it would be a shame to have to resign from a job that you like.

Yael
    - congrats for DH on his pay rise! Have been reading your posts elsewhere, good luck with the TWW.

Sarajo - How high did Abby's temp go when she was teething?

Milo is cutting 4 canine and 4 molars ATM, which will bring his total teeth up to 16. He is having a real time of it lately. Last night his temperature was 38.8 (101.8F).
    I just hate not knowing whether its teeth, or immunisations (though itís been over a week since he had those), or he's really unwell? So I am taking him to the doctors. Panadol is bringing his temp down at night, and during the day we're managing to keep him cool.
    Other than the temps though and some "fun" with settling to sleep at night time, he has been a relatively happy chappie.

Christie - yay on the toddler bed! We have a bed for Milo in storage, my Auntie gave it to us. I don't know when to put Milo in it though; I think I will wait til he starts trying to climb out of his cot!

Tiff- You will be fine. Going by what you have been through and how you manage ( I have no Idea how you do it) but im sure you will be fine at work. Good luck!!!

Oh I missed a page...lol DANIELLE [email protected] and corn. That would have been so funny. I wish id seen it. lol Yes we have put alot into the yard but its all been worth it. Im very happy with it. Now we have 3 water features. Its nice to sit and listern to all the water. Thanks for the email, i will check it out soon. Take care hun and im still LOL at corncob...heheheh

Rach- Sorry milo isnt well. Callum had his shots last monday but they said it could take 3 weeks for anything to happen. It could be that.

OMG I got mad at Callum on his bday. He wouldnt have his lunch and was crying so I took him out of the high chair and put him on the floor. He walked after me screeming at me. It all happen cause he has stollen Melissa's Monkey (stuffed toy) and sleeps with it but now its becoming that he has to have it with him always. I had to wash it the other day and he had to sleep without it during the day and well it took like 3 hrs for him to go to sleep. Now he wants to eat with it but he gets food all over it. I took it off him and thats were all the trouble started. When he gets up from sleeping he will come out and play for abit then he is of to his room and pulls it out of the cot and brings it out with him. He knows its monkey as you say to him where is monkey and he goes and gets it. Its cute but not when eating. So I got mad with him and he got so upset following me screaming at me. I feel so bad as its his bday and maybe I should have let him have it to eat with but dont want it becoming a habbit. Geee WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?????

Awwww Missy. Is there a plastic cuddly toy that you can get him to associate with his bath & feeding? That way he knows monkey is for the other times, but this (easily washable/wipedown) toy is the one he can take with him in the bath, pool or to eat?

Hey Beck

Ive tried other toys and he just doesnt want them. I feel so bad now:frown: that its his bday and now he has gone to bed. He walked into his bedroom with monkey and wingde at his cot. I put him in and he went straight to sleep. Poor little thing. I dont know what im going to do but he did like it when I had to wipe his face and monkey's face. He laughed at that. I'll see what happens tonight at dinner time. Went and brought a cheap cake to have tonight and party hats. Took some photos of him and Melissa. Will be putting them on the net next week some time. Melissa goes back to school tomorrow....woooohooo....lol

Happy 1st Birthday Callum!

Must laugh Dani - how funny is that? Love the corn cob!
    I'll be back later (maybe end of the week!) to do personals - we have just been to Marnie's Family Day Care lady to visit. SHe starts on Tuesday!

Omg you guys I feel so lost! I cant keep up! How slack am I?

I must simply choose a day and start all over again from there. Im so sorry for not doing personals or not checking in more often. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the bubs and ladies that Ive missed. YAY Congratulations on all the bubs who are walking! Welcome to any new people I dont know yet. Im usually here way more often, its been a hectic couple of months. Come March, you wont be able to get rid of me!!!

I just wanted to let you all know that I put some new photos on Jasmines site (in January 2007 of course) if you want to check them out.

We started back at Gymbaroo today, our new class is at 10am. It was like waking up at the crack of dawn PMSL I had to wake Jasmine at 9am and she was soooo tired. It was lots of fun and Im so glad to be back there! It looks so funny because were in the next class up, all the kids can walk (our last years class only had a couple of walkers, the rest crawlers) and they were just all walking around, bumping into each other. There is one walker in our class who is 8.5 months!!!!!!!! She is soooo teeny tiny!

I must find something else to do during the week. She loves Gymbaroo and the interaction so much...everything is "ohh wow" and "oh wow mum" or "ohhh wahhh" Cracks me up What do you guys do during the week? Any classes or activities?

Not much else is new, I think I told you all how Jasmine is saying "there you are" now. Thats my huge thing. I cant believe she can say it, and has the right timing for it KWIM? If I hide from her, and then say peekaboo, she says 'there you are' I love it. She also says "car, brrrm brrrm" whenever we see one. And will wave and say Hello to almost every single person we pass! Australia Day was so funny, we went into the Harbour and there was just people everywhere, and she kept grabbing peoples hats..... funny. We took her on the monorail which spun her right out, and we did the harbour thing on the boat, later we went into Darling Harbour to see the fireworks, and she wasnt scared of them at all. I think I was more frightened than her!!! She did not sleep at all the entire day, as soon as we got into the car though, she crashed it. I couldnt believe it, she must have been up for over 10 hours, and she wasnt even a Miss Cranky Pants!

Im starting to see her temper more and more which worries me a little, she really skitzes it. She kicks me really hard when Im changing her nappy and she just glares at me! When I say no Jasmine, she squeals this horrid noise that Im sure could break glass. She wont sit in her bath seat anymore, that got the flick a few weeks ago. Heaven help me when it comes time to eat dinner in the high chair, she looks like Houdini trying to get out of her straps. Oh and if she gets angry and someone is holding her, they get a big whack to the chest or sometimes the head! I think its all just her testing me out. Seeing how much leverage she has, what she can get away with. Im pretty ok with everything, but when she glares right at me.......ohhhh that pushes my buttons LOL I know whats shes thinking because I have that same glare!!!

Im sure I have heaps to tell you, I just cant remember it all!

I must run though, my brother and his fiancee are coming over. Did I tell you my little brother got engaged? Im really shocked, but really happy. She is a very nice girl, and her name (kate) is easy to remember pmsl!

Take Care everyone!! TTYL

Hello ladies, I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEY YEY YEY!! I have missed you all heaps. Sorry but I won't be able to catch up for a while, I have so much to do with coco and tilly running wild, tims at uni and I need to fit 3 months of no net into tonight!! *(trying to update photos etc)!!
    HOpe everyone is well.
    HAPPY BDAY CALLUM!!!
    It seems so long since I've been here full time, well I guess it has been.
    No walking here either, but like Jett, Dani, Coco is climbing onto everything. Pretty scary!!
    Tilly had a good first day today, was much more relaxed than I was, felt like we were starting kindy all over again!!
    I will be back later tonigth when the kids are in bed and I have some free time. For now I will try to update some photos. I will take some of the house tomorrow and put them up asap.
    love to you all xoxoxox
    PS Beck, Im so silly, I forget how to change my ticker. Do you remember the website??? Im hopeless xo

It's me again. Just letting you know I've put up some pics of coco, the house and tilly!! I am now going to go over posts and catch up on pics!! xo

I just looked at Jasmine's pics, she's so divine KAte!!!!! you're very good doing gymbaroo. We dont' do any activities, coco and I. Infact I've been busy thinking about tilly's activities, forgot about my poor coco. Thing is though, we are so at the transition swapping from two sleeps to one. Today she went down at 10am and didn't sleep until MIDDAY. So from now on Im putting her down midday for her one sleep. That way I am actually free in the mornings and we can do morning activities. Can't afford much at the mo, but might join gymbaroo. Tilly loved that and it's great to do moving to a new area nad making some local friends. Thanks kate, think I'll look into that after this!!!
    Apart from that coco is just gorgeous. She talks NON stop, but her only real word is tilly, she pronounces it Tiddy!! She also says usual things, and car is a favourite,. Guess she has a few real words. She LOVES her new house, she crawls on the balcony (and cruises) constantly. its a rough cement so she's been bruised for the last month all down her legs.
    BAck AGAIN to edit~! been catching up on a bit. Missy, I am thinking of you and know that you wont' help but worry, but know we're all here for you, Im sure Callum will be fine. Not fun to wait though, I think it SUX that they make you wait that long.
    Tiff, I LOVE your pics. I love my photography, but have a thing or two to learn from you!! I've actually done some work for my dad recently. He's written a book on retirement and I've taken some photos for him to put on real estate.com (which will have his book on it). im also doing a home business. Can't talk about it on here, but email if anyone is interested. I have found my niche. The business is going to work so well with my life coaching (I start that in two weeks). I am also working at mums cafe on wednesdays.
    Ok, I haven't caught up with much, but Im getting there!
    Sarajo, hope Abby is fine, the bloody nose and all.
    And CLASSIC about Kylie Booby winning princess. I kept saying all night, "she's the booby prize", yep thougth I was funny!!!
    talk tomorrow xoxox
    Last edited by Mumma2three; January 30th, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

Talking Welcome Back Meg!!!!!

Hey Ladies,
    Just a quick one....
    Meg Ė So glad that you are back. Of course Coco is just so cute, any new photo's. I am itching to see them.
    I love that show, I really wanted Kylie to win. She was such the dark horse, Go Princess Booby!! Really what do they ever go on to be after that show, I havenít heard a peep for the chick from last year.
    You sound like you are keeping very busy, Let me know what your new business is I am interested.
    Missy Ė Jett is the same. He has this dog ĎMr Blueí that he takes around with him. He isnít too hard to take off him but whenever he is grumpy or tired he will cuddle up to him. I have the trouble of trying to find another one as he has a habit of sucking on the tail and it is starting to get very yucky!! I have been online to try and find one, oh maybe I will try ebay. We got it as a gift.
    Anyway Night

First of all,

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CALLUM CUTIE-PIE!!!

As for us, not much to report. Abby has taken a couple more steps, but no walking across the room yet! I think today or tomorrow maybe! I think she is getting more molars. Her nose is running like a faucet and she as up all night last night <yawn>

I went to the periodontist yesterday and he said he thinks it is a fractured tooth but cannot tell because there is a crown holding it together. he suggested cutting into my gum, and taking a look. If it isnt fractured he will stitch it and not charge me. If it is fractured, he will extract it and I will need a bridge or an implant which will cost $3000 - $5000 (USD). So I was in tears all day yesterday. I have a humongous headache and just dont know what to do!

MEG YAY! Youre back! Missed you tons girl! I havent looked at your photos yet...I'll do that when Abby goes down for a nap!!

Kate I cant wait to look at your pics too! how cute about all the little babies walking all into each other!

Missy how cute that Callum has a little monkey friend! Its too bad it caused some tears today! BUT when he wakes he will forget all about it and be his happy little self again!!

Rayray - wow @ Milo getting so many teeth at once. Abbys temp was only around 100 F. He may have an ear infection??

Dani LOL at the corn! OMG I would have been laughing so hard! I hope you feel better with the gastro!!

Tiff good luck @ your first day!! Are the twins better?

Gotta go...Haley's here! You all have a great day! Especially you Missy and Callum!

I'm so sorry I am so late but Happy Birthday Callum!

I had to pop on for my morning post!!! How long has it been!!! Hope everyone slept well!
    Sarajo, you poor thing, that sounds awful about your tooth, and what an expense. Bloody dentists, love to rip you off. I hope it allworks out for you.
    Mel, Logans ticker is SO cute!! What is your ticker website??
    Won't bore you too much, I might go and put a few more pics on the website.
    xoxo

Good morning Meg! Just had a look at all your pics and I love them! Coco is so gorgeous and Tilly too! You house is beautiful! I love the view off your balcony! Your kitchen is nice! there are a lot of trees there...how nice! We live in a new neighborhood, so there are only baby trees! I miss real old trees and wooded lots. Oh well! Thanks for the pics!

Kate Jasmine is such a cutie! It looks like she loves the gym! I love the pic where her little 'jasmine' smock is galling over her shoulder! Too cute! She is such a looker!

Guess what?? My cousin and his wife had their baby boy this morning! He was tiny at 6 pounds 5 oz and only 18" long! YAYYY!!

Oh and I postes in the TTC thread a question about my sister! Pleeaaasseee read it and tell me what you think!! here's a link to it
    ...sister
    ETA MEG you never bore us silly girl!

Morning all

Of today to get some photos and will post later.

Thanks so much for Callum's bday wishes. Was a lovely night last night.

Take care!!!

My mum took Milo to the doctors yesterday afternoon, as I thought like you Sarajo, that it might be an ear infection, as he had been pulling at them and had watery eyes.

Well, the doc checked him out thoroughly, and nothing. No ear infections, nothing she could find at all except that he is getting so many teeth.

What I really liked though, and she is the only doctor who has EVER said this to use and not flatly denied it, she said to my mum 'Its normal for a baby to get a temperature between 38 and 38.9 (100.4 - 102) when teething' and not bring him back if its 39 or higher.

I have never had a doctor agree that high temp are normal for tething before, they usually say the opposite, so I was really impressed (as you can tell by the 2 paragraphs talking about it!).

sarajo - I have never had an evap line (well not one that looked positive and then faded, only negative results that when left for a while show a lighter coloured line) so I am not much help. Has she tested again?
    All the best with your tooth. I am too scared to go to the dentist. I finally found a great dentist that I was not scared to go to , and he went and retired! So now I have a weird lump on my jaw, no toothache thus far, but I relly should get it checked out and I am terrified to go!

Kate - what about a playgroup? Do you have one near you, or do you know other mums who would start one up? Sydneys Child mag would have some ideas, I think theres free stuff in there as well, but I guess its more one-off events than regular activities. What about swimming?

Actually thats a q for everyone? Who takes their chils to swimming classes, or for a swim in general? Milo has thus far only been in a wading pool in the backyard, but as an ex- competetive swimmer I really do want him to at least not fear the water, and am tossing up whether to take him to a class. I have been advised both for an against though, so am wondering what your experiences are?

OK, gotta go, Milo's creche just rang, he has fallen over and biten his lip and they want me to get it checked out at the doctors!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast