Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #21

Default Babies Born December 2005 #21

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:30 PM.

Wooooohooo Im first...lol....

Just a quick one, Does anyone elses baby hate getting dressed. Callum pulls away and screems the house down when We dress or change him. Its so bad and makes me mad at him and now I tell him off and he babbles back at me as if he is telling me off back...lol

Ooooh, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DANI!!! Hope you had a fantastic day!

*Sigh* Maddy is SO unsettled at the moment. I've had two nights of her waking every hour from 1am through to almost 5am. Now she has a cold. So NOT impressed as I've been pumping her full of fresh fruit for the past few weeks and she's been really healthy.

Great....she's been asleep for all of half an hour and now she's awake. I don't know how an active 1 year old can function on all of about 4 hours sleep overnight.

Awww Becka you poor thing. Im sorry to hear your having a bad time at the moment. I do hope Maddy gets well soon not just for her but you too.

Good luck!!!!

tiggy Guest

Happy Birthday Dani!!!!:biggrin:

Hope you had a lovely day!

Missy, Noah doen't like to get dressed either. If he could be a nakie boy all day, everyday, he would! He fights me all the time. I try to mak it fun, like peeking through the head opening of his t - shirt and calling 'where's Noah?' He relaxes a bit and then I just pop his head through.

Beck, I SO hear you! It's frustrating isn't it?
    Big hugs to you and Maddy. Hope she is feeling better soon and that you are getting some sleep

Thanks Ladies,
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a great day, well kinda of, if you take Ben out of the picture it was great.
    Jett and I have just come back from a snake party. My friend Bec had one for her son's 11th birthday. It was great, not for toddlers. Jett was into everything, hitting the poor snakes on the head and everything. I love tame snakes and would even think of getting one when Jett is older.
    When I post the photo's I will let you know. Jett and I are holding them and everything it was great.
    Tiggy - I do the same thing with Jett. I say arms in and he puts his arms in, it is funny. It is like he is getting to know the drill.:biggrin:
    I am so glad that the black dog has gone for the time being. I was starting to really lose it for a while there.
    I is weird I seem to be worse when Ben is around. I think it may be cause I have someone to take all of my frustation out on? I do kind like it a bit better when it is just Jett and I. We do what we want, and the routine gets stuck too.
    Am I sounding like I don't want Ben in the picture, well I do. I am sure you know what I am going on about.
    Beck - I am so sorry to hear the Maddy is sick. Sounds like she is full of vitamins so fighting that nasty cold should be better.
    Maybe this waking thing is developmental?? Jett has been doing it for the last two weeks and now he is okay *touches wood, twice*. I did feel in his mouth that he has 2 molars, is that normal??
    Missy - Jett does the same thing. He has a fit and climb over the side of the change table and up the wall to get to the mobile above the change table. It is crazy and I too get so mad sometimes:frown: . I shouldn't but I can't even get his nappy on half the time let alone any clothes.
    Last edited by Melinda; January 18th, 2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Unauthorised Link

Smile

Happy Birthday Dani!
    Snake party - leave me out of that!:eek: I can just see Jett boy hitting them on the head.
    You sound a bit down and I hope you are okay...I hope you have lots of support around you.
    Cheers!

Yeah things are fine Renee. I love my husband to the end of the earth and back, but sometimes they can grate on you. I am sure most of us would have been there before??
    Thanks for the birthday wishes...
    Jett boy, it is funny that he get's that as a nick name. All of my family and Ben and I call him that too. He was wacking snakes left, right and center. It was kinda funny but not, I was worried on might lash out as it may have not liked eing hit over the head, PMSL!!!
    I hope everything is going great for you all.

tiggy Guest

Dani,
    Don't worry hun, I have those feelings for DH on an almost daily basis atm. Gotta go! He's reading! LOL

Okay Tiggy that makes me feel so much better, I was thinking it just might be me for a minute there. I know I am the same I hate Ben seeing what I write to you girls. Not that I care but you understand way more than what he would, LOL!!!!

Hey everyone,

Sorry i haven't been on this week.. was very busy

happy birthday Dani!!! Which day was your bday??

Mine was last Sat the 13th... I was 25, and it was probably the most disappointing bday ever! I normally find them upsetting cos everyone basically forgets, but this year was worse... Last year my late FIL had just gotten very sick overseas, and i was overdue, and we weren't sure if he was going to make it and DH was going to possibly miss the birth to fly over and say goodbye, so i understood when DH forgot about my bday.. i just thought this year he would do something special.. He had been talking about getting my flowers, but ran out of time (which i later tried to say if it was really important he would have done it)...

Part of the problem is that my bday was on our shabbath, so we don't go out or shop or anything, and Fridays are alwasy crazy in our house getting everything ready (we can't cook or use electricity or anything, so all preparations occur the day b4)... DH did come home early to try and help me get ready so i wasn't so exhuasted, but i thought he would at least give me flowers, or a card, but nothing... He did say happy birthday to me on the day, but that was it... Then on Sunday i thought i would give him 2nd chance (and i had already told him i was a little disapointed), but he still didn't do anything! Don't get me wrong, i didn't want a big thing done, but a little recognition would have been nice!?

A few weeks ago i bought myself a cd that was his present to me (we are a little broke for big pressies at the moment, and i haven't even claimed my pres from last year - a massage!), but i still thought something like breakfast or a handmade card or a cake would have been nice... i know i try to go to a lot of effort to make him feel special, as its not about the money involved, its the time you take...

My 2 good friends remembered and sent me text messages and my mum called on sat night (our sabbath begins fri sunset - sat night, and we don't take phone calls during that time). On sunday my dad called, even my bro which is saying a lot! My sis is on a cruise in LA, so i told her a few weeks ago she could say it early.

I saw my MIL that Sat and she sent her wishes, and Sunday got an email from 1 of DH sisters, but thats it - a bit from DH, mum, dad, bro, 2 friends and MIL...

I was upset my 2 SIL didn't even call.. I'm a lot closer with one from overseas than the one here, but she didn't call, we haven't spoken in ages (i've left lots of messages, so quite annoyed with her atm), and the one here goes on and on about importance of family etc (and forcing me to take the baby to her in the beginning even when i wasn't ready), but she didn't phone either.. not even today...

We went out for dinner sunday night (DH, me, baby, mum, dad & bro), which was nice... Parents gave me a cream mohair rug that i asked for, my MIL contributed $50 towards a new wig (i cover my hair with a wig for religious reasons), and a candle & perfume holder from one friend who dropped around on Sunday...

The thing is, i'm not upset at my friends, cos i'm terrible with bdays except for my 2 close friends who were my bridesmaids... i'm mainly disappointed with DH.. i spoke to him on Sat night about how i felt about birthdays are a time to make somebody feel special, and i know he loves me and we are always very busy, but sometimes you need to take the time to make the other person feel special by doing something little.

He did bring me home flowers today, but by then i felt like it didn't have as much meaning.. i still appreciated them, and would probably of been upset if he hadn't, but i don't know if he really got the point about not just doing the usual thing, and doing something creative... he claims he just isn't imaginative enough to come up with something good... so he just does nothing???

I'm sorry this is all about me, and i don't normally discuss my relationships - i guess i feel fights should be private - but its not a fight...

DH is wonderful, and he just tried so hard to make everybody happy.. he does so much around the house cos of my skin problems, he barely gets any sleep (like 6 hours a night), and he tries to make his mum happy and avoid fights and everything... but sometimes i just need something more?? Like on sat he let me have an afternoon sleep and he watched the baby, but i don't know, it just isn't enough

Maybe i just need to change my perspective?? Bdays used to really upset me.. my mum used to say when i was little that are just any other day and would almost like be purposely been mean to me so i didn't have expectations, so i always going into them knowing i'll be upset at the end.. this year i didn't expect that much, but i got flowers and no card 2 days late after i said something?? am i wrong??

Anyway, enough about me..

Rach - good to see you here! How is Milo doing?? I saw he is walking - yeah! How are all the teeth going - has he settled down a bit now? First its teeth, then injections.. poor Milo!

Tiff - hope Ivy settles down soon.. DS used to be shocking, and then a few months ago he just clicked and got great.. i dont' know how.. My problem is he is only like that at home, and at my parents he is back to being shocking (even when i go to work late and try and puyt him down).. he screams as soon as you even go near the cot, and i have to rock him for like 40 mins to get him asleep.. at home he goes down in literally less than 2 mins.. i don't know what to do about it, but i can really sympathise with you! Are you looking forward to going back to work? my mum is a nurse (& midwife, but doesn't do mid anymore), and i was thinking about it, but can't cos of my hands.

Oh, i thought of an activity for you kids, but its only for the older ones.. Bunnings has workshops for kids, where they teach them to make things (they also have them for adults)... they are free and supposed to be good if you have one near you.

Dani - that schedule seems similar to ours.. except our dinner is like 6.30pm. How is it going? Did the MCHN say you needed to change, or did you want to? That sounds so fun about the party! Glad you had a fun time and Jett slept through it all! We are the opposite with the juice/water.. although we never give him juice, but i know they few times ppl (not me!) give it to him he loves it.. he drinks water a bit, but not a huge amount.. i'm just not sure if he needs it if i'm bf him.. i offer it all the time, i figure he will drink if he is thirsty.. he drinks nicely at first, then starts playing with the sippy cup (the pop up straw ones.. hates all others).. he does better with a glass and straw if i'm holding it, then he'll drink more but not very much.

Renee - Hows it going? MS over yet.. don't worry, i would do anything for a disappearing waist.. can't wait to be preg again, i have serious belly envy every time i see a pregnant women, which seems to be everywhere i turn now! Howz Marnie going? We had a poo in the bath experience the othr day - but it was my first so i can't say it happens continously! I think the warm water just relaxes them, so i dont' think there is much you can do abou it...

How is the 2nd nap going? i could see DS moving to 1 very soon. he woke up late today (9am, as went out for dinner with us and went to bed like 2 hours late, but was very well behaved, just like normal, except rubbing his eyes in the car.. i felt like such a bad mum taking him out, but everyone wanted to see him, and i had nobody to leave him with.. he loved all the attention!!), and had a nap 12 - 1.30, and then no afternoon nap, but was very tired over dinner and didn't eat nicely, so i think he still needs it. He fights the 2nd nap a little bit more, but is generally good at our house.

What do you do for work??

Sarajo - hope your tooth is on its way to getting all fixed! We use the dummy like the same as you, and sometimes around the house if he is crying. He spits it out in his sleep.. I reckon as long as i could get him to go to sleep without it (and he does it often), i can just get rid of them and he wont notice... If you have the 'no cry slep solution; there is a section about getting rid of dummy.. I think do i soon before they get too attached!

Missy - Callums pics are so cute! He has such a cute face.. Sorry can't help of the getting dressed thing.. DS just wriggles as he wants to play, but doesn't really mind it. How are lunches going? They aren't the easiest meal over here either.. things he used to like he can be really tempermental about during lunch times. I can't help on that front either - sorry! How is Callums head ? DS has done that a few times.. they end up being quite resliant, but i always get a fright from the bruises/lumps.

Christie - Nice to meet you. That is so exciting about the car! what colour is it ??

Bec - Are you starting to TTC from now? Hopefully we can end up belly buddies together! You, Sarajo and me can start a new group - the soon the be bellybellys and current baby buddies

Meg - hope the house renos go well.. they are very stressful huh!? We just had aircond done, but the installed the wrong unit, then had to come back (new ppl) who took 6 hours longer than the first ppl, and put it in a different spot and it looks shocking (can see cables & holes going out of wall), so i'm getting the first ppl back to fix it.. On top of that we have just dug up our backyard to put down new lawn for DS to play on, but all we have is a dirt patch at the moment.. And we are getting quotes to move stairs, walls, etc.. its so hard! I think i'm going to focus on it after Feb when DH goes back to uni, and i can't work cos i'l lose centrelink, so i'll have more time to focus on it.

Our big news is now that DS is basically 1 we are giving him wheat and dairy.. OMG - it is so much easier!! I can give him a sandwich for lunch rather than cooking something, and can give him a bit of milk in a bottle to tide him over for a feed if i'm going to be an hour late or something! He is loving all this new food also! His poos have been a bit runnier and a lot smellier since having milk... no rashes (a few little pimples around his face, but only like 5 and not red, so i think unrelated) or anything.. is that a reaction, or just something new going through his disgestive track.. I'm thinking of maybe getting him allergy tested just to make sure!

And on Sat he got his 2 front top teeth... not a happy boy Fri & sat night but doesn't have horrible nappy rash this time which is good.. Bit miserable during the day, but i gave him some panadol at nights and i think once during the day and he has been better... They have cut through, and i can see another big white thing under his gum just next to them.. poor boy!

Anyway, i got to run.. I can't believe my boy is almost one! I got him his doll, he loved it (i let him carry it in the shop.. he went spack when i had to give it to the man the scan it, so i gues that shows he likes it).. i'm giving it to him properally on his bday.. i feel mean getting him something so little.. i would have gone for something more, but he just isn't very interested in any of the light flashing toys etc, so i couldn't think of anything else age appropriate.. I would rather get him something big like a swing play set next year when he will get more use?!

Anyway, must run, hope you are all well.. sorry about my long selfish beginning part!

Yael
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:52 PM.

Dani - thats funny about the snake hitting.. DH had DS on his lap in an animal petting zoo at a baby expo a few months ago, and he pulled some baby bunny rabbits ears... i felt so bad that my kid hurt some animal... luckily it wasn't something bigger..

He terrorizes my parents and MIL cat.. he wants to pat it sow he chases after them, and at elast they have the sense to run away.. i am worried they will scratch him.. but the funny thing is when he does get up close he is to scared to touch them, he just sits there with his hand outstretched..

And i have those feelings about DH too! I just had to kick him out cos i didn't want him seeing what i wrote about my bday.. he would get really upset and feel like he let me down even more..
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 10:05 PM.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAEL!!!!
    Lots of hugs for you

I feel you with the crappy birthday situation, Mine was yesterday and I got a hand made card from Jett. We too are a little strapped for cash so the card was nice. I did have the party which Ben enduered, as he hates singstar.
    I am feeling you on everything you have written, isn't funny how one always makes more of an effort than the other.
    I so have to got to bed....
    No more posting for me tonight...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAEL!!!
    Last edited by sarajo; January 15th, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

Yael How crumby that DH didnt do anything special. My sisters hubby is the same way! I just want to call these men up and tell them how it should be! lol! My sister has this problem every year so this year, she was so direct and told him, 'you know its my birthday tomorrow!' and 'remember last year' and all that. Well he got up on her birthday morning and told her he needed to take the baby shopping...and returned hours later with new fishing gear for HIMSELF! This man is very very sweet and really a good husband, but he just DOESNT GET IT! lol! I begged my sister to let me give him a talking to about that one! He ended up getting her flowers later, but is just isnt the same if you have to force them to do it! Anyway, sorry your birthday was so yucky. I wish I lived closer! I would throw you a party!! As for TTC, I wish we were right now, but I think we are going to wait till August or so. Finances are what is holding us back! Who knows, maybe we'll be belly buddies by accident! lol! So glad you have a chart up! I love keeping track...its so exciting to see a temp go up and not fall!

Beck OMG how exciting! I must not have understood your post about DH agreeing to TTC! I didnt think you meant now! Very excited for you!! I love the names you picked also! How fun that you are not telling! Will you find out though? That would be a hard secret to keep! Sprinkling all you ladies that are TTC with tons of babydust~!! {{{hugs}}} for you and Maddy! I hope you both get better sleeps soon!

Dani I would have freaked out if Abby was hitting the snakes! We have 2 bearded dragons bearded dragons as pets and I dont let her touch them. They dont bite, but I just dont trust wild animals no matter how tame they were raised! Snake party.....I dont know if I could ever give one of those! lol It isnt just you needing time without DH. I love Don and love to spend time with him, but sometimes I feel like I cant wait for a moment to myself (or just Abby and me). I think its very natural and you can get that way with anyone you are living with!

Missy Abby sometimes doesnt like getting dressed and it is almost like a wrestling match, and other times she is so easy to get dressed. I try to distract her with a toy or the tube of diaper rash cream! lol! How funny that Callum will yell back! Abby does that occasionally and it makes me laugh so hard! So sorry about Callum's bump and lack of sleep! I hate seeing our bubs fall into things! It happens though...especially now that we have 'toddlers'!!!

Meg where are you? It's been awhile! Hope everything is going well with the unpacking and all that and you get your computer up soooooon!!

Abby went to a birthday party last night at a bounce place, and although she hates the inflatable things to jump in, she did walk around with me, only holding on to my one hand! I felt I could let go and she would keep walking on her own, but when I would let go she would dive for my leg! lol! It is very soon though!! She is doing very well with her animal sounds, telling me what the doggy says, the sheep, the duck, and starting to do the cow! Aslo her new thing is to imitate us laughing. It is so fake it is funny! It happens at dinner, and if Don and I start to laugh at ANYTHING, she starts up this really loud really fake sounding laughing and just wont let up, and every time we look at her she will laugh at us! It is so funny that yesterday she almost made me spit out my milk I was drinking! lol!

As for me, the antibiotic has given me terrible stomache pains and problems, but it is the only one strong enough to maybe take care of my toothe problem, so I am going to try to stick with it. It seems like it is just one thing after another sometimes! Anyway, other than that...we have a WINTER STORM WARNING overnight tonight! Freezing rain and everything! That is a big deal here in Texas because we dont even have salt trucks or plows because it only snows once every 7 years or so! So when this happens, if it is icy in the morning, the city pretty much closes...schools and businesses close for the day. Hopefully DH will have the day off work! We'll see! I would love for it to snow so I can introduce Abby to it! Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm sorry all you ladies that didnt get personals this time around! Hope all is well!

Happy Brithday to Dani & Yael!

I don't seem to get my notifications for this thread, strange as I get them for the others.

Yael - thanks for the welcome. apparently the frothy poos can be noraml for a couple of weeks after introducing milk as a main drink or in any quantity, but I didn't notice it with Milo.

Sarajo - I agree I think its pretty normal for us to want time to ourselves, or time alone with the kids. I think for a lot of Dads its all a big fun game sometimes. WOW @ the storm warning too.

I wish it snowed in Melbourne, if anyone has chanced on any of my other posts you might know that I am really over this hot weather & Melbourne summers. Still working on DH to move to Tassie. Or Canada.

Milo is the same with trying to climb off the change table. We still use it as its a lot easier on my back (I'm 6ft tall), but I think he's just about outgrown it, so we might have to move to changing on the floor.

DH and I have both had pretty crappy birthdays, so I guess we're as bad as each other. His was Jan 8, and I still don't have his present, its on order from the US.

Oh sorry girls, didn't mean to confuse anyone. We're not planning on trying until the middle of the year. I just don't want to put an exact month out there in case it all changes. No active TTC just yet! *L*

Rach - we have this speical strap thing that clips them down to the changetable.. DS was a terror trying to climb off or sit up & touch things - and now when he is strapped he knows to lie there.

He can still move if he wanted to (only cos we don't have such a normal change table), but it just reminds him not to try

I think its Goldbugs... i'll look upstairs in a sec.. got it for like $30 at a baby expo a few months ago. I'll take a pic if you want
    Last edited by Yael; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast