Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006 #7

Default Babies Born December 2006 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your old thread can be found here

I think you're right, Chon - the accidents will be even further from the floor, LOL! Natalie was playing with her cousins today and fell down from a nearly standing position: the back of her head bonked the floor fairly loudly. Poor bubba.
    Hooray for Maya standing on her own!

Oh snacks, blake used to do that all the time, when he was learning to pull himself up on furniture he would topple over, and we have a fully tiled house so you can only imagine the screaming, but what do you do? i mean, unfortunitly they have to learn, i oculdnt delay his development, just took extra special care....

Well blake is really sick with the flu, so we are off to the doctors this morning. its so sad, i think its moved to his little chest, everytimes he coughs, he just breaks down in tears. Its heart breaking.

This morning, he has leant to brush our hair *sigh* now he just has to learn what gentle means.

Oh no, poor little Blake

I really hope he is okay and that his chest is clear. Its so horrible when they are sick at this age, they just can't communicate properly and you wonder whats going on in their little heads.

With the 'accidents', Maya didnt like falling on her bum at first and would cry every time she fell down on it. Now she does it like a pro....haha

Yeah, you're right Blakesmummy, you can't wrap them in cotton wool.
    I hope Blake is feeling better soon, poor little guy.
    LOL Chon, I wouldn't have minded if she'd landed on her bum - it doesn't make that horrible 'bang' noise on the floor!
    Today at mothers group I discovered that Natalie knows how to protect the toy she's holding. Until today, if one of the other babies took a toy from her hand, she'd just let it go and cry. Today she gritted her teeth and gripped onto it with all she had. LOL! I had to laugh! I encouraged her to share, but inside I was cheering for her

LOL Amy, I know what you mean. Maya always has toys taken from her at our bubs group. She lets them take it then watches what they do with the toy, doesnt cry or anything, then when she realises shes not getting it back she looks around for something else to play with. Sometimes she holds onto it and you see this little tug-a-war match, so cute at this age, or she snatches it back if shes quick enough.

I find it so interesting and amusing watching all the babies interacting. I look forward to every Tuesday! Best thing I did was join a group.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. It was hard at first to feel comfortable in my group, but yesterday I realised that, while there were only three of us with our bubs there, that I felt I could just be myself. It didn't matter what I said, they would still be my friends and support me. And Natalie is getting so much better these days around loud noises and 'friendly' babies who like to touch her - at first she wouldn't have a bar of them but now she even joins in sometimes! It is really good fun, hey.

Hi everyone

Sorry I have been busy, work and we went away for a week then came back on 30 and had a birthday pool party on Sunday for Charly. So has been crazy around here.

Charly has done a coulple of steps unaided on Wednesday at Granma's when I got there, but nothing since. She is being very interactive with people that is saying more things even though sounds like gibberish must of the time. Doing a lot of copying if people are laughing she will start laughing with them and trys to copy there words.

Quick run down for Blakesmum, joined after Charly was born, been with DH for 17 years married for 3 years. We had been trying for 2 years and needed fertility treatment (clomid). She was born 3 weeks early on Sunday after finishing work on Friday. Quickish birth water broke in bed at 7 at hospital at 9 contractions at 10.30 (had lot of back pain) she arrived at 2.30 weighing 2.5kg (5lb 8oz) last weight at 10 mths 9.2 kg.

Hoping everyone is doing well Charly is asleep at the moment, after having a full nights sleep with no interruptions. She is starting to eat well thank god because I really need to stop BF so I can start trying for number 2.

Have no idea about names, we couldn't even pick a boy's name last time. Hopefully will get inspiration when the time comes.
    Also need to update Charly's picture.
    Hope I will be able to get on here more often, merry christmas just in case.

Happy Birthday to CHARLY & MAYA!!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Biiiiirthday dear Charly and Mayaaaaaaaaaaa
    Happy birthday beautiful girls!!!!

OOOhhhh and NOAHHHHHH!!!!!
    Handsome Boy!!!

Who else? Who else?
    Last edited by chon; December 8th, 2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: add Noah!!

Charly!
    Maya!

Happy, happy birthday

Charly

Maya

and Noah!

And happy birthing day to their wonderful mummies

HAPPY 1ST BDAY

Charly, Maya & Noah!

Charlysmum- Wow at Charly taking steps unaided.. Goodluck TTC#2.

Amy- Laila was like that till she realised that she could try and push them away or try and poke their eyes out *sigh* Laila also still falls over on our tiles & I hate it cause it does make a loud bang (I near cry everytime)

Chon- Laila also used to cry when she would fall on her bum till I started clapping or laughing then she knew it was ok & not to be scared. Maya your a big girl now standing all by yourself!!

Blakesmum- We also have tiles all down stairs in our main living area/kitchen/dining.. I hate it now cause she has had so many accidents. Hope Blake is ok, Laila had a chest infection a few months back its so sad to see them in so much pain.

Here are some memory pics..

Message - BellyBelly Member Photo Gallery

Message - BellyBelly Member Photo Gallery

Message - BellyBelly Member Photo Gallery I had to blank out my woo hoo
    Last edited by Zee; December 8th, 2007 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks for Mayas birthday wishes

All day I thought back to a year ago of what I was doing or what was happening at a certain time of the day. I want to relive it all over again!! I even feel twinges of sadness on how fast the year has gone, where did it go! Is this what its like when your children have birthdays? Millions of thoughts rushing through your head........

Well today is her big birthday celebration with family and friends, we have a marque up out the back and now I must get off this computer and start blowing up balloons and decorate....busy busy busy....I just hope the day runs smoothly

Hope everyone is alright, hows Blake???

V cool pictures, Linz Just think, you're doing it all over again!
    Aw, Chon, yes I reckon every birthday is going to be like that... "My baby is 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 18 years old! Where did the time go?!" or words to that effect, LOL. Have a wonderful party today! I hope it is fantasic.

Its all over

But the day was great! Everyone had a good time and Maya got some wonderful presents. She was passed around to everyone and loved it, she even participated in 'pass the parcel', so cute! All the food was eaten, we catered just enough, weather was perfect, all over a great success.

Now I can focus on Christmas

[B]Happy Birthday,to all the little babys/toddlers[/B]

Bit early for some but Charly usually doesn't sleep in for me to get on to often.
    Last edited by Charly's mum; December 10th, 2007 at 07:49 AM.

Glad you had a good day Chon!! I will be crying most of Laila's bday, I can tell cause everytime I buy something for it I get watery eyes,lol

Amy- Thanks!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast