Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006

Heh, welcome back Fi. Glad to hear Hamish is packing on the grams. That crappy old hormone rash is a common complaint, I'm discovering. I suppose it's easier having them now than when they're teenagers - they don't seem to bothered by them at this age!
    Lotus - Noah sounds like a champion sleeper. Good for you. I hope you can sort out the times so you get some really good rest too.

Check up went really well today for Maya, She is now 4.5kg, so 3 weeks ago she was 3.7kg. Don't know her length because of the splint, she looks long Doctor was VERY happy with her, Maya even gave her a big open mouth grin when she went to check in her mouth, so cute.

Thanks snacks, hormone rash is what it is, but its not bad at all, she has the odd ones on her chin too. Its just good to give it a name when someone asks what they are

My child is freaking huge! lol
    Noah weighed in at 5.990kg today and was wait for it.......
    63cm long!
    His head was 40.5cm
    That makes him 75th percentile for hc, 75-90th for weight and 97th for height!
    Ginormous I tell ya!
    Glad Maya's doing well chon!
    Noah's rash must be different, the nurse said it was heat rash (which I'll buy coz it's only noticeable on hotter days!)

How gorgeous, Chon - did the doctor properly appreciate the cute factor of the smile?
    Geez, Lotus, what a monster!LOL Great that Noah is doing so well. Far better to have a bigger baby than one who is underweight and struggling. (Besides, I reckon bigger babies are cuter )

Hi everyone been a little while since been able to log on and not have Charly wake up. She has not been one to sleep for long periods more then and hour during the day, as soon as I put her in her cot she wakes up, so end up give her a long sleep by holding her.

I only seem to be able to get her to sleep when she is feeding, next week I will am going to try holding (putting up with the crying) to put her to sleep. Need to break the habit soon. Plan to get a CD over the weekend to help .... crossing my fingers, I know she is not hungry all the time

It is only over the last week she as been have 4 to 5 hour sleeps during the day usually around 4pm, just in time for dinner.

I have a 8 week check up next week which will be 9 wk 2 days. Had her weight yesterday 4.39 kg. She was 3.65 kg at 5wk 5days so differently no problems feeding.

Charly is getting very talkative when she is awake with lots of smiles and giggles which makes up for the lack of sleep.

Hey Charly's mum, good that she is feeding well. Sorry about the sleeping thing. Do you like dummys? Have you tried using one for Charly? Natalie is a 'sucky' baby and I often give her a dummy to settle her. Not everyone likes them, though.
    Good luck with the CD etc. Let us know how it goes.

hi everyone. I ahven't been on for a whihle. We had isabellas 6 week check up on thursday she is 5 kg (3.32 when we came home from hosp) and 57.5cm (50cm born) so she is thriving which I love. She too doesn't generally sleep well in her cot during the day, so sleeps on me. very exhausting. She is having a longer stretch in the evenings 5-6 hours from 6-8pm feed. She is actually asleep in her cot right now which is very exciting!!
    Gald everyone is getting smiles!! Hard to capture on camera aren't they!!
    Chat soon

Hi Shez. Glad Isabella is doing so well.
    I hear you all on the day sleeps - today Natalie didn't sleep for longer than half an hour at a time. I'm holding her now so she'll catch some zzz's because I can see she is just so tired, poor bubba. I don't know what to do. She will also sleep for a longer stretch for the first half of the night, but after that, it is 1-2 hours max. Often less. Agh, I'm trying really hard not to get frustrated, but I'm so jolly tired.

Hi

Well for the last 3 days Maya has been taking around 8-10 10-30minute naps during the day, its frustrating as I only get small tasks done at a time before I hear her waking up. But sometimes I hear her then I go in to see her, after shes had a little whinge, and then shes dozed off again . But she seems happy with this, not grumpy at all. Shes a very happy baby and smiling heaps, even 'trying' a chuckle which is cute! Shes just so happy!! I just hope it lasts

Oh and her night sleep is still the same 11.30pm to 5.30am, feed, then another 3 hour sleep for both of us then we get up for the day of short naps

snacks; hope your nights turn around, sounds exhausting.

Cheers
    Chantal
    Last edited by chon; February 3rd, 2007 at 05:35 PM.

Snacks Isabella is like that some nights too, and most days I fed every 2-4hours. I have to admit I have started slepping Isabella on her tummy as she startles on her back and wakes herself and she can't get back to sleep. I told the paedatrician and he was happy with that.

Chon have you tried wrapping Maya? Sometimes they startle or just don't like the wide open spaces. You must be exhausted with all the cat naps!!!

Oh you girls are going to hate me.... 4 nights in a row now Noah's only woken up once, between 2.30-3.00. He's sleeping 9pm - 8am. Hope all your bubbas start sleeping better soon!

half your luck lotusflower. Bella was up every 1-2 hrs overnight for at least 30mins at a time!!! i am very tired this morning!!!

Well, who knows what's going on with my baby? Her sleeping 'patterns' are so erratic! And extreme. The other day when I posted, we were both really tired, both of us crying all day, LOL. She just didn't want to sleep. That night Dave fed her some EBM from a bottle for the last feed so that I could go to bed. She had a great sleep - and so did I! She's been really sleepy ever since - last night she slept for 8 hours... I'm almost worried! She's still quite lethargic this morning...
    So, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but geez, how strange.
    Shez - I hope you get some sleep today. Do you ever co-sleep? I don't really want to get into that long-term, but a couple of mornings last week we were able to get an hour or so when she slept next to me on the bed.
    Chon - Sounds like Maya is into the day and night rhythm. That's great. I hope the day sleeps even out a bit for you.
    Lotus - Grrr, you lucky lady. Oh to have a baby with a little consistency!

Wanna know something funny...............

my last post was correct and everything going well, then that night Maya was WIDE AWAKE till 2am, my other half tried to help then when he gave up he passed her to me and I layed her on my chest......whammo!!!.....she was fast asleep!! She didnt wake up till 8am so we got 6 hours straight, which was nice.

Hows everyone coping with the heat? Maya has slept quite a bit today and I am a little worried how she will be tonight, hope its not another 2am bedtime I have had a little bit of a problem with sweat in her armpits and her neck where the fat creases are, they look a bit red and skin is very soft and 'clumping' IYKWIM, anyone got solutions to this?? I'm trying the barrier cream (sudocreme) at the moment with some relief but wondering if there is anything better...

Lotusflower; I really hope it lasts for you with the sleep, sounds great!

Shezabelle; I would love to be able to wrap Maya but she doesnt like it anymore and wriggles and whinges until I unwrap her and its way too hot lately.

Chon, powder works the best for this, but make sure you don't get any near the nappy area

Sorry for being slack guys!!Things are going great over here,all though the boobie juice isn't, no matter what I do, Dr's are suprised I've got any at all!

Hi again Storm. Sorry about the milk issues. Glad everything else is working out for you.
    Ah, Chon - just when we think we know what's going on they change the rules, hey?
    Well, Natty had another long sleep last night and today she's been more alert, which is good. I was getting worried yesterday that she was sick. I think she's still a little dehydrated, so I'm going to feed her as often as she'll have it today.
    I've been getting more smiles now - I was never sure if that's what they really were, lol, but she's really focussing on me now and she grins. Hooray! Finally some acknowledgement that I exist, ha ha!

LOL Snacks of course she knows you exist, you're her whole world!!

I had Angel weighed on friday & she is 4.1kgs yet she doesn't look that much bigger than when she was born! She is still sleeping all night, which, with 5 kids is a godsend I must say. No smiles though, well I thought I got one, but when I sat her up she burped, so nah just wind never mind, she'll be running around before I know it!!

Hi everybody, I will go back & catch up on everything today & get to know you all. I've been pretty slack lately, (too busy ebaying) but I promise to keep up.........

Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    LOL Snacks of course she knows you exist, you're her whole world!!
    Aw thanks Storm. Wow, that nearly made me cry - am I hormonal or what?!
    Slack, hey? You have five children. It's not physically possible for you to be slack, LOL.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast