Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born December 2006

Thanks Storm, yes it is really helpful to hear a relaxed person's perspective. I don't know why I am so anxious - I wish I could go with the flow as you do and as other BBers have suggested. Some days I feel alright, but you know. I try not to force her to sleep because, like you say, when she's tired enough she'll sleep. But it's hard when she just cries - and she spits out the dummy these days. This morning she only slept for about 20 minutes in two 10min blocks, but now she's making up for it - has been asleep for over an hour and still looks peaceful. So I feel a bit better...
    I have a couple of friends who have been in childcare and they make me feel a bit inferior! Stupid, I know, but I can't help it. Also we visited friends on Sunday with a 4 month old and she is a great sleeper, but I know that they are more rigid than me with routines, etc. DH asked a couple of nights ago if we should be more structured etc with her and I gave him a 15 min lecture about why I do the things I do . He was happy with it but I have been second-guessing myself ever since.
    I'm sure I'll get more confident, though, and I'm certainly enjoying her. Trying not to worry about the house, LOL, and just chill. Have been on here for hours today! That's been good...

That's good Snacks, Angel sleeps in blocks, just typing that last post I got up 3 times to put the dummy back in & she was asleep when I started, then awake & looking around & when I finished she was sound asleep? Baby do sleep in 20 minute cycles so what ever happens after 20 mins (wake stay asleep) is normal.
    Dont feel inferior though, she's your baby & every baby is different.

I totally agree with storm!

Don't stress too much as natalie is going through changes all the time. You are doing a wonderful job!!

As for us.... Maya still goes to sleep between 11pm-12am then sleeps through to 6-7am when i give her a bottle. then we go back to sleep till around 10.30-11am. After that maya is up and only has 10-20 min naps until bedtime again.

What Iam wondering is when do I try and introduce her to going to bed earlier?? she is 13 weeks today, should I just let her do her own thing still??? or start changing her routine, and HOW?????

Her grumpiness has calmed down today, thank goodness. The calendar the midwife gave me show that generally bubs have growth spurts at 12 weeks, so I put it down to that. It says the next one is at 17 weeks......

ps. dont compare your bub to anyone elses, especially if they are a bit older, just absorb tips and hints that you feel you may want to use yourself, IF IT FEELS RIGHT. I have my in-laws comparing maya to her cousin all the time AND HES 9 MONTHS!!! big difference!

Chon, I have always let my babies decide what they are doing, so I cant help you with routine changes sorry. We've got Zac into a routine , which we started when he was about 12 month old, when he understood abit more. But it has changed now at 18 months to suit him. If you wanted her to go to bed earlier maybe you could wake her up earlier at each feed through the day so that it works out her last feed is earlier too? I dunno really, I dont like it when Angel goes down early, she wakes up early. Last 2 nights she's gone down at 9 & woken up at 7 eeeeeeeeeegh I rather her having her last bottle around 11, so I get to sleep longer in the morning!
    LOL at the IL's comparing Maya to your cousin!!

I would try not to stress too much Amy (I know easier said than done!) Noah hardly sleeps at all in the day but sleeps ok at night from about 8pm til 9am (though he's back to waking up twice). I asked the MCH Nurse and she said as long as they're getting MINIMUM 10 hours sleep in 24 then that's ok.

Chon if you want Maya in bed earlier you could maybe try getting her up earlier in the morning? Maybe wake her up at 8-9ish? I dunno just an idea.

I do know that I am so exhausted that on Wednesday night Noah woke up at 3.30am and I was getting up to go to him when I realised he was in bed with me already. I have NO memory of him waking between 11 when I went to bed & 3.30 but obviously he did and I did the lazy thing of bringing him back into bed with me! I'm losing my mind!

LOL Lotus! How funny - your body just knows what to do that you can do it in your sleep Sounds like our bubs are all better night sleepers.
    Thanks all for being patient with me! I guess the early bedtime isn't so important right now while our babies aren't mobile. Right now Natty is happily playing with the baby gym, so this is that 'me time' that other BBers talk about.
    We had a lovely day today - went shopping *woohoo!!!* (can you tell I only just got off my butt and organised the baby bonus ) and spent the rest of the afternoon with my parents.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I'm not going to stress to much about routine until she is quite a bit older. It just gets confusing sometimes when you talk to people and they all are conflicting each other. I'm just going to let her do her own thing and let her feed when she wants to feed etc etc I'm not going to be working anytime soon so its not a big deal, we get our sleep.

We are now trying to make the decision of moving her to her own room or bringing her big cot into our room. SHe has now outgrown her bassinet .

I'm not ready, just yet, to put her in her own room so we will move her cot in our room until she's about 5-6 months. I'm still in the habit of putting my hand on her chest to make sure she's still breathing during the night......... am I silly????

Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend!!
    Chat soon
    Chantal

Yeah, I understand about the conflicting advice, Chon. And no, you're not silly about the night checks... Natalie sleeps in the room next door but I still get up if she's having a long sleep and check on her. Can't help it!
    We went to a first birthday party yesterday. They had a mini jumping castle that they bought from Kmart! It was great - the kids loved it, as did my DH

Well, we had a great 'family' outing to the ocean today - DH is a keen birdwatcher and wanted to see a particular water bird so Natalie and I went along for the ride (and the walk). We were there in the middle of the day and it was fairly warm today, so after last time I was so fussy over her and her pale baby skin (not a bad thing ) and I'm pleased to say she's white as snow still. I however am sporting two pink arms and two pink ankles! LOL, I was so desparate to keep her covered I neglected to cover myself. Heh heh.
    Do you guys find that if bubs has a longer nap later in the day s/he is more difficult to settle at night? Natty is wide awake in her cradle - I can hear her talking. She had two hours from four til six this afternoon. Mistake, I reckon. But I couldn't wake her - she looked so peaceful...

I know what you mean Amy. When I see Maya sleeping peacefully during the day a bit longer than usual, I just can't wake her. I just think she needs it and if she takes a little longer to go to bed later........oh well.

We went to my friends 30th last Saturday night and Maya was fantastic, she even went fast to sleep at 11.15pm, not that we were making much noise. Its Daddy's birthday party this Saturday night, should be fun with her cousin Cooper who is 9months, they are sooo cute together.

Just wondering; is anyone giving their babies cows milk? because I was in the belief that the best time to introduce this is around 10months, my MIL thinks its alright anytime ??????? I bottle feed BTW so formula is a little expensive.(I couldnt produce milk )

katiam; are you still around? WOuld love to hear how your little one is going??

Hi ladies, glad to hear you are going great!
    I never wake Angel if she's over slept either! I figure she'll wake when she's hungry enough.
    Had a ****ty night last night, she kept waking every hour for her dummy, then Zac fell out of his bed & had to come in with us, he has a cold so it was snork snork snork! ROFL what a night !!

As for cows milk, it's kinda a no, no, til around 6 months, then you can use it to mix in with the rice cereal,that's about it though, it's too strong.

Well done Maya for being the ideal party baby!
    Hoo boy, Storm, sounds like a long night! Hope tonight is better for you and you, Angel and Zac get lots of sleep
    I'm by no means the expert on the milk Chon, but I was lead to understand the same thing about cows milk - too strong and too dissimilar to human milk to give to babies. You could always check with the community health nurse about it, but my guess would be that opinions have changed since MIL was feeding babies My dad finds it weird that I'll feed Natalie after 2 1/2 hours instead of waiting 4 hours like I'm 'supposed to', LOL. They all have their ideas that they like to share...

Chon I asked the health nurse last week, if I was feeding by formula when would you stop and can use cows milk she said 12 months. I just wanted to know to get an idea of when to stop BF.

Our trip to Adelaide went well, no problems on the plane and everyone wanted to keep her. She did sleep really well the day after we got back, exhausted after 4 days of travel and new people. Slept well at night, even in a strange bed.

She is getting a couple of teeth at the bottom and looks like maybe two at the top as well. But taking it well so far.

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678