Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #12

Rach, please let Nic know we are all thinking about her. It is pretty slack of a hospital to do nothing when it is a little baby that is in trouble.

Olivia slept ok last night (10-6) but it is the first night this week that she has slept through. I think maybe she is having a growth spurt as she seems hungrier than usual.

Had an awfully stressful day yesterday. We are trying to organise a new kitchen and it was just frustration after frustration yesterday. I am never visiting a certain swedish mega-store again! Hopefully it will all be delivered today , then we just have to organise the installation guys. I was so excited about planning the new kitchen but now it just seems like a pain and I can't wait for it to be over!

Hi I have been MIA. Sorry I have not read all the posts except for those re Nic and Olivia. Thanks Rach for letting us know what is happening. Send them our love, and get well vibes. I wonder if it is immunisation related?

Loren had her needles yesterday and I must say I am concerned about her reaction. She has had an ellevated temp for 24 hours and she is making a scary whinning noise all the time.

BTW her stats at 4 months and 10 days are w:6.8kg, l 63cms and h 40cm.

Ok now I might read the other posts.

hello everyone. Long time no see! Glad to see everyone is doing well and babies are growing nice and big.

Nic - I hope everything is ok with your little missy. Best wishes for you.

Summer is going great guns and is still growing length ways but not weight ways! She is now about 67cm long but only weighs about 6.3kg so she is long and skinny!!!

Sorry i haven't been chatting much. DH andi are in the process of selling our place and building so havent had much access to the net! Hope everyone has a great long weekend with partners and babies!!

Hi Girls.. thanks for the well wishes..

We are home now well at my mums.. We had an appointment booked for Wednesday so we had to come up but either way we are closer to a bigger hospital so its all good..

just a recap on what happened.. She woke from her afternoon nap at 3:30 had a decent feed and we went grocery shopping. while shopping she brought up a little bit of milk so I wiped it away. It was a little unusual for her but not unusual for babies. she then brought up some more milk and then again 2 more times. I picked her up and noticed she was quite warm and pale so we decided to take her round to the Drs surgery expecting to be sent away with a paranoid parent look.. As soon as the Dr saw her he said this is a very unwell baby. He took one look and asked me to lay her on the bed and she was white and unresponsive. he started her on some oxygen and liften her legs into the air to regain colour. He then listened to her heart and said thats too low we need to give her some adrenline.. He left the room and came back relistened and gave her the shot.. He rang an ambulance as well in case she didnt recover.

she regained some colour and her heart rate went back up to 80bpm. It was 40 and dropping. A normal infants heart rate is around 120bpm.. The ambulance arrived and we were taken to town. they gave her oxygen and had her on a heart monitor. by now her heart rate was back to 120bpm..

not much was done to my satisfaction between then and when we left hospital. We got admitted by 8 and Simon went home at 9:30. Olivia went to sleep at 10 and sort of slept till 5. She woke every hour when they came in to monitor her but didn't need feeding till 5.. I was so shocked they didn't have her on a heart monitor overnight. and we requested an apneo monitor which they were happy to give..

I took her back to my GP today at 12. and he basically the hospital Drs were idiots. The hosp Drs said she had a vasal vagal ( i think) or just one of those things but was normal.. um I;m no Dr but yesterday was not frickin normall.. Anyways my GP has reassured me. he is going to investigate further. He said she may have had a seizure as she was twitching but if it was a seizure it could have been to do with the low heart rate and lack of oxygen.

Anyways I never want to go through that again. I wasn't scared till we were in the ambulance then I started shaking. It hit me then.. today the Dr told me that Olivia's heart wasn't just sitting at 40 it was dropping.. usually by that stage it can just stop so please say prayers or whatever good thoughs that she never does that again. I never want to see her looking the way she did

Oh Nic I am tearing up reading your post, not sure how you coped. I am sending you every bit of luck and love I can. Hope your little Miss is keeping well at the moment and that they can get to the bottom of what happened

morgan78 Guest

Oh Nic sending you & 'Liv huge and i hope you dont have to go thru anything like that again. will say a for you both.

Thanks Alicia and Morgan..

At the moment she is sleeping soundly. I have her monitor on and it is on tic which means it tics each time she breathes, which is very reassuring as we can't muck up her routine too much by just lettingher sleep on us or right next to us like she was last night and today. In the long run it would be no good for anyone..

Alicia: I don't know how I coped either. Normally I just break down when things like that happen but I think I just went numb and it all happened so fast.. One minute she was in the trolley laughing at Isaac and within 10 minutes she was laying motionless in the Drs room..

Nic I am so sorry you got such as scare - please let us know how your little one travels overnight.

Nic, good to hear that you are back at home with Olivia. I can't believe that the stupid hosp Dr said that it was a normal occurance. Sorry but none of my kids have ever done anything as "normal" as that. Good on you for following it up with your GP. I hope he comes back with some answers for you. The unknown is often the worse I think. Huge hugs to you and Olivia.What a very scarey time for you huni

I don't expect that you will sleep soundly tonight but I do hope you manage to get some rest.

Nic so glad you posted. I have been thinking about you and Olivia all day and I have been sending heaps of get better vibes. Praying that all is ok.

Trish - Do you know where I can get some information on the immunisations? I really don't like the way they have affected Loren this time so I think I need to be more informed. Over the years I have asked doctors to provide me with information but they just give my the standard pamphlets that are produced by the companies that make the products.

Yeah isn't that typical Bek. I will get some stuff together and PM it to you hun.

Did you read the thread I started a couple of weeks back about immunisations and the autism case in America ??

No Trish I did not see that post..any info would be appreciated

I have PMed you hun. There is a lot of links and pages there. Perhaps bookmark those sites and look at them as you find the time. There sure is a lot to digest. If you are after anything specific let me know and I will see what I can find for you

Happy reading. I think the Childrens gallery on the Australian vaccination network site is very sobbering

Did you know that Dr's are given bonuses to push immunisations !!

We had a good night.. considering she woke almost every hour lol.. I don't know why I am not more tired. I haven't really slept well the last 2 nights..

Bek: What is Loren doing? re immunisations! When Olivia had her reaction to the rota virus one at 2 months she projectile vomited 2 hours afterwards and then the next 4 days she cried and screamed due to tummy cramps.. We chose to do the 4 month ones as well but we had no reaction this time thankfully..

morgan78 Guest

Trish - would you mind PM me the info you sent Bek. I agree with what you said the other day that u wouldn't forgive yourself if the vaccine caused something as i feel the same but on the other hand im struggling with the thought that by not immunising she could get really sick unneccessarily.
    Nic - good to hear things went well last night and that you aren't too tired

Nic - so sorry about ur horrible time at the doctors, something like that happening to me scares the crap out of me.

Trish - i heard that about the needles too, it why im worried about giving them to him :s

Weighed Ash yesterday - 8.4kg LOL boofa! havent got his other stats yet..i moved his apt to next week cos im off to the movies this morning.

HAPPY 4 MONTHS LITTLE MAN !

morgan78 Guest

Wow Buzzie Ash is growing great guns.

meant to add, tinsel, im getting a high chair for ash, like alicias olivia he gets cranky on the floor and just wants to be up with me. I couldnt recomend any as im just getting one from ebay, but as long as it tilts back i dont mind.

alicia- cant believe ur kitchen is still going!!!! wat a pain. goodluck with it all.

im buying a jolly jumper today!!! yay! ive been dying for ash's head to be strong enough for one

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast