Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #12

Nic - look after yourself. so glad you were near a drs when it happened. will keep praying for you guys.

Ella just rolled from tummy to back this morning. maybe it's a fluke, but I'm still excited. Of course she wouldn't do a repeat performance so I could video

I'm going ahead with the immunisations, altho will be cautious with MMR as we have autism in our family. Nurse said the reactions are getting less these days as the carriers are safer. Also we looked at a display in the british museum about the research linking autism & MMR & when it was analysed properly there was no link found. However, I'm going to opt to give her the shots separately rather than all at once.

having a happy day here - just managed to get ella back to sleep after a sleep cycle. yesterday tried getting her up each time she woke. bad idea - grumpypants. back to plan a! (Long naps)

Hope you all have a good day. we're off to lunch with mothers' group.

Jus, given that you already have an Autism link in your family I would be really hesitant on the MMR. You can delay it until she is 2 or 3. Might be a better option. I posted a thread a couple of weeks back where these is a case going ahead in America of an Autistic person sueing for the vaccination. They are finally admitting that yes there is a link. Not trying to change your mind hun. Just letting you know.
    Government concedes Vaccine

YAY for Ella rolling over too. CLever girl

Lauren, wow you must have super booby juice happening hun. WTG Ash.

Morgan, I will PM you soon hun.

Abbey is still in bed. She woke early for a feed and went back to sleep. I have been up with Tehya since 6am though. Abbey did wake briefly earlier. I thought I will go to the loo then come out and get her but by the time I got there she was back fast asleep.

I am soooooo over these school holidays. Although with Abbey's new found love of sleeping in it's going to be hard for her getting up early next week.

Trish - thanks for that, ill have a read shortly.

i uploaded a pic i took of ash the other day.. i love it soo much!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...=6681&ppuser=6

Hey Trish,
    Thanks for the information - very interesting and different to what had been out there before. I'll try to look into it more.
    Mercury no longer used in Australia, but what about the other dangerous ingredients?
    Why is it any safer at 2-3 years?
    Can you get testing done for the Mitochondrial risk?
    If you know where else I can look for info, I'd love that!
    Thanks

Jus, I will PM you the same things that I sent the other girls.
    There is testing for Mitochondrial disease as such, but I don't think there is one they will do before the illness makes itself present, if you get what I mean.

The thought of having it done later is that the brain is more mature at this age. Also at such a young age, unless you are in contact with infected people, how is your baby going to catch Hep B ? It's spread by bodily fluids.
    If you really knew of some of the ingredients, you would shudder. I will have to send you the link I read today. It was shocking.

Ash is too cute Lauren. I just love little boys, they are soooo sweet

Abbey has been spewing a bit today. It is always so full of phlegm, her chest is shocking atm. Atleast she is getting it up though.

Must go, Underbelly is starting
    Last edited by Trish; April 23rd, 2008 at 08:36 PM.

morgan78 Guest

Thanks Trish for that info - eyes are popping out from reading so much but has helped in making up my mind. I wont be doing now and will revisit it all when she is 2ish. We are low risk and i said to DP that we can always change our minds and vaccinated but once its done you cant take it back.
    Ash looks more like a 6 monther - very cute!
    way to go Ella - keeping Mummy on her toes hehehe

We had a good day as i made an effort to get out for our walk straight after breakkie. Vicky slept heaps better thru the day and wasn't screaming for bed at 5.30pm instead went at the usual 7pm and Alex had a 2hr sleep which normally im lucky to get an hour. Will go out earlier again tomorrow and see if it works again.

Evening. slowly reading posts..

re highchairs.. Mine is still downstairs waiting to be used. I will bring it out when we start solids.. might be a good chair for when I am hanging out the ashing actually *light bulb* lol

Lauren: ash is looking just gorgeous.. and what a gorgeous big boy. A lovely healthy weight

Jus: yay on Ella rolling over.. way to go little miss!

hope all the other bubba's are doing well..

Olivia not long woke up with a mild temp (38,2) We gave some panadol and seh seems heaps cooler now. A little bit grizzly though.. We are going back to the GP tomorrow to get another check up and ask for some tests done so will let you know how we go..

Little miss is wanting the mummy boobs so better go...

Night

morgan78 Guest

Hey Nic hope Olivia's temp stays down for you and that all goes well at the GP .
    Hope you have a good night

morning all

Olivias temp went down but she didn't go back to bed till 11 but slept till 5 and went to bed at 6 and we slept till 9. woke again with another temp but gave panadol and going to drs in half hour. I think she has an ear infection and looks like she has a tooth under the gum.. poor baby has it all going on..

anyways better go. missy almost finished feeding so better go get dressed

morgan78 Guest

Vicky was super cute last night - while she was asleep i caught her giggling - it was beautiful.
    Hope all are having a good day
    Sending get well vibes to Olivia

Oh how cute Morgan.. i love baby giggles but in the sleep how adorable!!

Back from Drs.. She is fine. no ear infection or anything. he thinks she might have a mild virus which is causing the temps but said that is not the reason for the other days episode. We asked about testing but he said there are so many reasons for what happened that it would be hard to know where to start in regards to testing for something. her heart sounds perfect and all we can do is be vigilant in watching her and hope it doesn't happen again.. I do feel reassured after seeing him again but I just feel like I can't relax. She in her bed on her monitor but I hate having her out of my sight. Simon goes back to work tomorrow and I am so nervous about being home alone with her

Anyways enough about me. Hope all the other bubba's are doing well..

morgan78 Guest

im glad to hear Olivia is ok. When Alex was about 6 months he got bronchilitus (sp?) and nearly stopped breathing. Anyway i spent the next 3-4 weeks sleeping on the floor in his room as i was so scared that something would go wrong. I know how anxious you feel and in time it'll pass but thats our jobs as mums to stress over things. :hugs:

We went out early again this morning and atm both my ratbags are sleeping it is so peaceful.

Nic _ Good to hear Olivia is doing ok. Did the doc mention febrile convulsion at all?

Trish - Once again thanks for the information. I am going to make a point of reading it all tonight...hopefully.

Tinsel - re highchair. I have started to put Loren in her highchair when I am making dinner. Loren likes to be elevated and our highchair is suitable for 4 months onwards. My tip for a highchair is to take bub with you and put her in it. Make sure you can clean it easily, that the wheels all lock, and I like the ones with cross bars ( it makes them more sturdy).

Morgan - I love those sleepy giggles too.

Well miss Loren is a shocking sleeper atm, both day and night. It is taking so much effort and screaming (on her part) just to get her to go down. Most days she ends up in the swing chair for a long sleep. Last night it took me 1.5 hours of settling and re-settling to get her down for the night....grrr then she woke twice, each time taking 30 mins to re-settle. The little munchin just crackes it as soon as we go to her room!!!!!

I am not even doing control crying and she ends up in a purple screaming mess...It is doing my head in atm.

Sorry fo the rant

Bek: It wasn't a febrile convulsion but there has been no more mention of it. I am going to go back tuesday and ask about that and see what we can do to make sure her heart is healthy.. As in an US or an Xray or something..

Wel I am off to bed.. Olivia finally asleep so time for me to go to ... night night all..

Hi everyone,
    Is it ok to stick my nose into this thread? I've had a bit of a read and I'd love to join in... DS was born 10 Dec and we're doing AOK at the moment except for some serious teething (and boob gumming!)

Hi LoriRae, good to see you've come and joined us

Bek, you're very welcome. I hope that Loren settled better for you last night.

Morgan, yes it sure is eye opening. The stuff they don't tell you hey. Hope little Vicky is going well. How cute her giggling in her sleep. Must have been a good dream

Nic, hun. I am so sorry they haven't been able to give you an answer. It must be like living on edge wating for it to happen again. I hope you managed to get some sleep last night.

Abbey had an ok night, woke around 1.30 for a feed and another at 6 am. So not too bad I guess.

We are up to our 13th consecutive day of rain and tbh I have had enough. My house looks like a laundromat. I have the drier going and a clothe hoist in the lounge with stuff I don't want shrunk. The nappies are in the machine and I will hang them undercover out the back. Poor Abbey has been in sposies most of the week with all this rain.

Hope every one has a great long weekend, please don't forget the real reason for this break.

Lest we forget.......

Default Could I jump in Too?

My little one was born December 21. I really wanted some advice on when your little one's go to sleep at night? She sleeps like a dream during the day. I just put her down when she shows some tired signs and she drops off in a couplel of minutes. But at night we go through a whole range of crying, wingeing or even a tantrum or two.

I had been putting her down around 8pm and most nights will need to be rocked to sleep.

So I just need to be more consistant like I had been during the day as these are now going wonderfully. She sleep through till 7 then we have a feed and she is lucky to stay awake for an hour which makes me think she should go down at 7pm.

Anyway, I have rambled...any advice is much appreicated.

Morning all.. tad chilly up here in QLd today.. 20 degrees at almost 10am.. Thats chilly Its going to be super cold tonight as there is not a cloud in sight..

Welcome LoriRae and Kts64s

Had a pretty crap night here. Olivia slept well but jacob just kept waking up and crying.. At 4 I lost my patience and raised my voice at him but it worked and he slept till 7 then.. Olivia woke at 2 had a feed and went right back to bed till 7. She has been showing signs of a sore mouth which we thought was teething but this morning Jacob has been complaining of a sore mouth so maybe they both have some sort of bug.. who knows. At the moment Olivia is asleep and sleeping soundly. I check her every 5 minutes. I hate this worrying. If she makes a sound I worry she is going to go funny again. I hate to complain in here I guess but it was so scary. I can't help thinking about how close we came to losing her and all the what ifs.. We weren't going to go grocery shopping we were thinking about just doing housework but changed our minds at the last minute, what if we hadn't have gone to the shop. she would have been in the loungeroom most likely not being watched as we were busy.. I know I shouldn't think like this but it is so hard not to. Every time she cries I worry something is wrong. I don't dare allow her to get even a little upset. I am doing everything I tried not to do over the last 5 months. I jump when she cries and settle her as fast as I can. The only thing I am keeping normal is her sleeping in her bed. when she is awake sshe is either being nursed or I am laying on the floor next to her playing. i just can't stand letting her out of my site..

yesterday we had to go back to the shops to finish getting some things for the weekend.. anyways I went one way with Jacob and then when i went back to Simon I couldn't find him. Me and jacob walked up and down each aisle and we still couldn't find them. My heart started to pound as I started thinking something had happened and simon had just gone round to the Drs with Olivia, nothing did of course but since then I haven't let her out of my sight. (except when in bed) is it going to be like this forever? when will I relax.. When Isaac was a baby we watched him like a hawk due to his issues so to have to go through it all again just plain sucks.

sorry for the ramble..

Have a nice day everyone..

~lest we forget~

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast