Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #12

morgan78 Guest

Hi everyone & welcome to Lori & Kts64s.
    We had homemade pizzas tonight including the dough. yummy!
    We are in no rush with solids and will wait until Vicky is really ready for them. Got her weighed today and she is 6.3kgs and 63cms long.
    Bek - i agree on the sleeping thing we set our watches to Vicky 45 mins on the nose everytime and we are lucky if thats 3 times a day
    Nic - Hun feel free to vent/complain whatever whenever you need to thats what we're here for. Sending get well vibes to Olivia poor little girl and to you hope you get some decent sleep tonight.
    Trish - Happy 5 months Abbey and gross little girl no more pukey in Mummys bed. Vicky's been really spewy the last couple of days but she seems to save most of it for DP
    Buzzie - Ash looks really cute in the pic definately doesn't look like a 4 monther. Gorgeous tho

We decided to declutter this weekend and have been going thru every single box that is under the house and being completely ruthless. We are about 90% done and i think we've kept 10% why oh why do i hoard the only thing left to do now is the all the bags of pre pregnancy clothes more washing.
    Have a good night everyone

Hi there everyone, I'm hoping you don't mind if I also join you all. My little boy Gabe was born on Dec 12th, I also have a little girl Kyla who’s 2.5 yrs. Gabe is doing well – Trish, like Abbey, Gabe only does the one sleep cycle during the day, sleeping for an hour at the absolute most. Overnight he still wakes a fair bit too, usually around 1am, 4am, and 6am at which time I usually put him into bed with me so I can at least get a little bit more sleep.

Nic- I’m glad to hear that Olivia hasn’t had any more episodes. How scarey for you, I don’t blame you for keeping an extra close eye on her. I hope you can find out a bit more about what happened soon
    Jus-Goodluck in returning to work.
    Bek- I’m trying to put off solids til at least 6 months too. Gabe is a pretty big boy, at his 4 month check up he was 7.8 kilos. My MIL bought some cute little French outfits for him today in size 0. They fit perfectly now so because they are so expensive we’ll change them for a 1 so he doesn’t grow out of them too soon lol!
    Trish- Happy 5 months to Abbey! Car shopping woohoo! We bought a car just before Gabe was born so that we would be able to fit in two car seats. We got a 2yr old Commodore Station Wagon.
    Buzzie- Go Asher in the Jolly Jumper. We’ll have to get ours out for Gabe soon too.
    Kts64s and LoriRae – Glad I won’t be the only new one!

Hi Carrie and welcome!!!!

Nic - I love my MIL but some times I just want to slap her when it comes to my kids. Like the other day she looked after Sara and I came home to her smoking in the kitchen...WTF I thought!!!!! anyway I won't turn this into a MIL bashing up session

Totally exhausted tonight. I am off to bed, please, please let miss Loren sleep well tonight.

BTW - I have caught the hair moulting bug

YAY Carrie, Great to have you in here huni. Believe me when I say that car shopping with 3 kids is not fun. And we are only shopping for a second cheapy car for DP to drive to work. He did had a commodore wagon but with the fuel costs it was getting too much running 2 6 cylinder cars.
    Nice score on the clothes from MIL. Can't remember the last time my MIL got anything for my kids that wasn't for their bday.

Bek, I hope you got some sleep. Grrr at MIL. Can't say I have those issues with mine, she just doesn't see the kids. Another problem all together. My mum smokes, but never in her house and never near my children. Although Tehya does have a bad habbit of walking near her the minute she lights up.

Morgan, your a good girl having a clean up. We need one around here too, I'm the guilty hoarder here. Go Vicky for spewing on Daddy, that a girl

LoriRae, it's suposed to turn to rain again this afternoon. Fantastic, we get one sunny no rain day in a fortnight. Going to be fantastic when school goes back having to get the kids out in the rain everyday. And pfft to your CHN, tell her to come and baby sit while you get the house work done You know, if you worked it out bub prob wouldn't be in his equipment for that long most days.

Jus, good luck at getting everything sorted out for work. I am not organised enough to work and have this many kids.

Nic, poor Olivia she is having a crappy time lately. I hope her rash goes away soon. Do you know what it's from ? My kids get that viral rash too, it gradually changes colours over the days as the virus elaves the body. Looks yucky though.
    New landcruiser hey.... see my only thing is with all my kids I need to use up all the seats and then there is no space in the back. Come to think of it, if I got a car that fit all my kids in I'd need a mini bus

Lauren, if Abbey is anything like Tehya (lord I hope not) she will be onestrong headed girl, more than capable of keeping Mr Asher in line. Besides I love his name so much, Abbey was going to be Asher if she were a boy, so they are well suited. Asher and Abbey, has a nice ring to it don't ya think

Abbey had a much better night. I guess the fact that we sleep together on the lounge until 12 helped some. I took her in to bed and she woke at 4am for a feed and then again at 6, up by 7. She's in her swing now watching the car racing with Noah. DP is making pancakes, out of a bottle. I really do need to learn how to make pancakes properly. They are much nicer made up fresh.

Have a great Sunday all

LoriRae: They always do that when you are out and can't take full advantage of them sleeping.. As for no more then 2 hours in equipment.. what does she mean? All up or at a time? I personally think thats one peice of advice you can nod your head at then do what you feel is right. olivia doesn't spend much time in her swing but she would in her car seat or pram..

Morgan: Wanna come declutter my house Well done on doing it though.. and YUM on the pizza.. home made ones are so yummy. I sometimes cook veges and pop them on as toppings to. Pumpkin goes so deliciously mmm..

Carrie: Welcome Hope Gabe starts sleeping a little more during the day for you. Although for me I think I would swap the big day sleeps for some more at night. Last night was good though, only up for an hour
    What month was your Daughter born? My Ds3 Jacob was born in August 05

BeK: hehe.. I have told my Dh if I ever end up a horrible MIL he is to tell me and put a stop to it. Thanks for taking the hair moulting bug off my hands Mine seems to have settled down a bit thankfully..

Trish: the Landcruiser has 8 seats I just love the new ones. too many electric things to break though but I don't care too exxx for me so I can drool.. oo on the topic of Cars.. I love the new Chrysler 300c.. oh baby!!

went off topic there hehe.. just really like those 2 cars.. I stare when they drive past

decent night here. Olivia went to bed at 7:30 and didn't wake till 2 and went back to bed at 3 and slept till 5:30. I was so mad at Simon. I asked him to get up to her at 5:30 and he bloody well wouldn't. I was so darn cranky. I have pulled a muscle in my back and it hurt to carry her and he was to out of it to get up to her for me.. He was too tired.. poor tiddler He finally got the message when I took her back down and said I need to lay down get up... He did but lasted less then half an hour *not impressed*

Anyways.. the miss's rash comes and goes depending if she gets to hot or not... It is always there but doesn't itch unless she gets too hot..

Well Ibetter get moving for the day.. have a good sunday

I am the only one with a Husband who is always mroe tired than I. I could kill him sometimes, I may had had two hours sleep each night for a week and he still complains about being tired...

I have now realised why Women are the child bearers and rearers. It is because Men can not cope!! and never will be able to cope. Mine can manage toi help for a few days then thats it. He needs a few days rest before helping again.

Anyway, my Hubby may very well be a lot better than some but ARHHHH sometimes I just want to be able to complain about something hurting - like my back which I have to go to the Osteo for or about being tiered without him stating how muchc his back hurts or how tired he is.

Ok that's enough I've got it out now.

Don't ya hate when they seem to think they have it worse.. Like its a competition to win

My Dh said to me this afternoon, gee i'm tired then he looked my way and said I shouldn't whine should I.

oh and i just uploaded a couple new piccies

Nic, what you do when they do the Whole I'm too tired and can't wake up thing is send the kids into Daddy, cos of course Daddy loves you so much he wants a cuddle from you Works around here. Although I will say it's me laying in on the weekends, if you can call 7am a lay in, and DP gets up with monster Tehya. He also gets up with Teh overnight, or if Noah wakes. I deal with Abbey and that's it.

KT, sounds like we are all dealing with shocking backs atm. My mattress is stuffed and seriously the minute I lay on it I am in pain, I used to suffer with lower back issues, now it's right in the middle of my back, like where my bra goes. Thinking that I need to see someone about it too, just no $$ to cover it. Anyway, give your old man a boot and tell him to lift his game. Make it his turn to cook tonight and he can watch the baby while you have a hot bath to yourself, with no interuptions.....

No car once again either....

I tried that but he just rolls over and they don't care cus they must love daddy more then me hehe...

My back has some sort of pulled muscle in it. It hurts to breathe too deeply or empty my lungs completly. Carrying olivia seems to apply this icky pressure and my back throbs. Panadol eases it though. simon thinks it is stress but I think it is from sleeping on a single couch all night when Olivia was in hospital.. Even though it was cmfy enough nothing beats laying flat..

Olivia went to sleep before 6 tonight.. so no doubt she will wake bright eyes and bushy tailed not long after I go to bed..

ETA: I seem to have lost my ticker
    Last edited by aussienic; April 27th, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

morgan78 Guest

Well i am never ever ever going to hoard again. We have finally finished going thru everything and 6 loads of washing done & put away, 3 more to go .
    Hi Carrie & Gabe :wave:
    MIL mine rang during the week to give me her permission to spend Mothers Day with my kids - WTF
    Bek i reckon Nic sent half of the hair moulting bug this way - its still dropping out by the handful worst thing is mine is down to my waist so it is really noticeable all over the tiles.
    kts64s - my lovely DP wont even do the shopping by himself & we all know they wouldn't cope with childbearing they cant even cope with the sniffles mind you i do what Trish said and send Alex in to jump on Dad & he loves it also rips the doona off - Great Kid!
    Nic - i liked the photo in your ticker too. When we were up at the hospital i threw my neck out from their "comfy" chairs took a few days to sort itself out. Have you got any wheat packs - they are great for relieving the pains.

Hope everyone had a good weekend in all and Babies sleep well tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan78 View Post
    MIL mine rang during the week to give me her permission to spend Mothers Day with my kids - WTF
    What the!!! how nice of her lol

Panadol is working a treat tonight.. Back is no where as sore. Could also be because I have had to do nothing for the last 2 and a bit hours.. I am thinking I might go to bed as Olivia has been asleep since 6 and I think I should get sleep while I can...

And yes I loved that pic too. will fix it up tomorrow i think...

Bek- Hope you got a decent sleep.
    Trish- Yeah, I finally got my act together and got in here! I did try after Gabe was first born but found that it was moving a bit fast for me to keep up with. Hmm, no I think I’d prefer not to you car shopping with kids! You’re right about the Commodore petrol guzzler, fortunately I don’t drive much except for to Gymbaroo, shops, friends and family etc. I’m glad to hear that Abbey had an okay night last night…mmm pancakes…
    Nic- My DD was also born in August 2005, 21st so they’re the same age! Yeah, I agree I’ll take a good night sleep any day. Gabe isn’t too bad at night, wakes up fairly often, usually around 12-1, 4, 6 but has a feed and goes straight to sleep – it’d just be nice to have a bit of a longer sleep for once. Today he only had two forty-five minute sleeps – I don’t know how he does it! My DH sounds like yours, he is shocking to wake up during the night. However if DD wakes up, he has to get up to her since I’m already getting up for Gabe – otherwise I’d be up all night! Cute pics – I love the hair!
    Kts64s- I agree!! Don’t get be started on husbands at the moment though.
    Morgan- Good on you for all the cleaning and washing. I hate it when I get a build up of washing or ironing…unfortunately it happens a bit to often. Our house is in serious need of de-cluttering at the moment too.

I got a double Valco pram off of ebay which we picked up today – it’s great and was only $81. Only problem is, it obviously came from a smoking home cos it really stinks of smoke  anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of the smell.
    I also got Gabe a snuggle time sleeping bag but he wouldn’t sleep in it last night – kept waking after half an hour and taking ages to get back to sleep until I finally took it off him.

Wow!! It's does move quick in here doesn't it??
    Don't get me started on men whinging that they are tired- drives me insane!! DH used to do night feeds on the weekends but whinged so much the next day that I stopped asking... I know he works hard and all but what does he think I do here all day? Twiddle my thumbs and watch Oprah (well, some days..)
    Don't get me started on smoking MIL's either.. grrr... I've done all whole whinging post in the BooHoo room about that!!
    The equipment thing- two hours in total but my mum was telling me today that in Indonesia babies aren't put on the floor at all until they are six months old so that eveil spirits don't get them(what big muscles they must have.. the mums.. not the evil spirits...) and they don't develop any differently to ours, so that makes me feel better!
    Went looking for wedding venues today (the man's actually DP not DH but have got so used to calling my hubby). All good fun but so expensive!! If anyone has any cheap wedding tips let me know.
    On a totally different note, I can't believe Demi didn't win So You Think You Can Dance.
    Such a big day tomorrow, I really should go to bed... Ty and I are starting baby swim classes in the morning and we've got a doctors appointment in the arvo... he keeps coughing and the GP tells me it's nasal congestion running down the back of his throat but something is telling me that's not right, although hopefully I'm just suffering mummy paranoia! Wish us luck...
    Good night everybody
    P.S Carrie- try bi carb soda for the stinky pram... sprinkle it on and leave overnight, then vacumn off the next day

LoriRae, I fell to sleep right near the end of Dance. Was so annoyed. When I finally woke I had to ask DP who won. Not the same as watching it. My girls are bothing coughing atm. Tehya has a shocking nose and yes it does run down and make them cough. Abbey has had a chest infection since the end of last month, she weas on AB's but they have done nothing, she has a nice chunky cough and now her nose has started up again.

Carrie, If it were me I'd be taking the pram outside,getting a bucket of warm soapy water and giving the pram a complete wash over. That way it will get any smells of it, and even whatever else may be on it. Great score though hun I have a Commodore too, so we had 2 guzzlers, I need the bogger car though to fit my 3 carseats across the back. Buggar on Gabe not sleeping in his bag, I hope he grows to love it soon. I would try it every couple of nights still to see if you can get him used to it, I hope Abbey doesn't have an adversion to her new one.

Nic, your ticker site might have issues that may be why it's not showing atm. good to hear that your back is feeling abit better. Hope Olivia is feeling better now too.

Morgan, sounds liek you did a champion effort of cleaning out. You know, a much as I hate doing them I sure do love the results.

Why can I never just sit here on my own. Had to get out of bed early cos Tehya came in and was coughing her head off so befoer she woke Abbey I brang her out. She was happy to sit and watch wigles for a little while but is now sitting on my lap and coughing her head off. Aggggghhhhh Let down. Silly boobies. Anyway....Abbey is still asleep in bed, she fell to sleep very early for her lastnight, still has a sposie on from when DP dressed her after her bath. That's going to be lovely and wet. She stayed sleeping with me, semi attached to the boob until 11 then I took her to bed. She hasn't woken up yet thankfully. Poor little girl looked like crap lastnight, she was soo tired, had red eyes and her runny nose.

Will be uploading some pics soon
    My gallery Ok I have done them
    Hope all babies slept good for their mummys.
    Last edited by Trish; April 28th, 2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Linking gallery

Morning all

Carrie: how cool our kids are so close in age. Serious baby brain here at the moment but another mum in here has an Aug 05 baby but her name has completely slipped my mind right now.. (sorry) Not sure what to do about the stinky pram.. Bicarb and out in the sun for a few days might help.. good Luck with it...

LoriRae: I wasn't a dance fan but I was hoping Rhys would win cus we love him on the Fairies lol... your Dr was right about mucous running down Ty's throat but if in doubt check it out May as well look like a paranoid mummy then have a child who is sick

Trish: Great photo's.. When did Noah and Tehya get so tall?? they seem to have shot up... Hope Abbey is feeling better soon..

Pretty decent night here.. Olivia went to bed at 6 and I was sensible for once and went to bed at 10. She woke at 12 and was awake till 1:30 but oh so happy. Gave me a fright cus she brought up some milk and I was waiting for her to do something weird but she didn't which is a good thing which means her body reacts ok to spitting up kwim? Well I do and thats what counts lol.. she then woke at 5 and I was like no not yet hehe.. I fed her and she went right back to sleep yay.. I was woken at 7 by Simon. He had got home from work and Olivia was awake so he got her up double yay.. Even my back feels pretty good today. Will actually be able to do some housework.. House is revolting at the moment..

The miss is being naughty this morning. I just got her down for a nap and put her in bed and she woke up as soon as I left and I can't leave her to whine back to sleep as Simon is asleep in there.. Grrr hate all day sleepy days.. mucks up my routine hehe...

Well coffee and forum time. then clean time.. ugh..

Hi Everyone and Welcome newbies

We went to Mt Hotham for the weekend on a run with DH's car club (though I was following in the volvo as the baby seat doesn't fit in the MR2 ). It was a great weekend and on Sunday morning we woke up to snow! Olivia wasn't all that impressed by it to be honest and hated wearing the parka I had bought her, I don't think she can move her arms freely enough in it. But I think she looked very cute in her winter gear so I've posted a pic Driving in the snow was a new adventure for me, and seeing as I was with a bunch of sports cars a little worrying as some of them got stuck a few times. In the end we had to wait for the snow plough and follow it down the mountain! Was very pretty though.

BBL Little Miss is grizzling.

Hi ladies..

sorry have been MIA lately! Things have just been way too busy!! With SIL and her family here from Greece, for Greek easter and Chrissie's Baptism this weekend, it's been chaotic!!

Went to Philip island for a few days last week, so it was great to get away a bit!

Hope everyone is well!!

Welcome to the newbies! and it's nice too see you finally made it in here Carrie!

Chrissie is good... teeth are really hurting her at the moment.. some feeds she can't suck on the bottle, just screams every few sucks... poor buba! She's rolling right around to her side now, and enjoys it, but hasn't turned herself right over yet!! don't know what she is waiting for! LOL

hugs to all!

PS Added some new photos!

Hey girls, I have been MIA a while too - very busy!! Ollie, Flynn and I got our photo in the Age today - I posted about it in the news and current events forum. Better go - not feeling to weel today

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast