Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #15

Hi everyone,
    guess what, Ash had mango boost yesterday LOL - not by me. it was only a tiny bit but he loved it. Hes still not on solids yet so i wasnt too happy with the idea. but hes ok today

Nothing to report here. hope everyones had a good weekend!

quiet in here today...............

silly double post
    Last edited by aussienic; June 9th, 2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: double post

mmm Mango.. I bet he loved it

It is quiet in here...

Well our 2 night camping trip turned into 1 as the weather was not in our favour. It didn't rain but was wet feeling and very very windy.. We had such a nice time though.. Olivia had her first camping shower. and dang it I didn't take pics cus it was to dark and too windy.. She sat in a tub in the shower tent and squealed like she has never squealed before.

Tonight we put a tiny bit of pumpkin in her farex and she couldn't get enough of it..

Well I'm off to cuddle with my sweety.. All kids in bed and we aren't far off..

Night all

oh and pics from camping can be seen here DropShots.com
    and Olivia's 6 month video
    YouTube - Happy 6 Months Olivia

hey nic, I'm so impressed at u camping with olivia (not to mention other kids too!).
    and mango mmm. Ella still steadfastly refuses anything we offer her, tho she desperately wants anything off our plates. I'd go the whole BLS thing but am nervous cos she may have a food intolerance.
    it is quiet in here today. we were out for the day at my SIL's place - 1 bed apartment with her & the ILs. I'm going to scream next time I'm told Ella's not tired, and have to put her to bed in such a small place where the adults have no concept of turning their LOUD voices down / moving away from the bedroom just til I get her to sleep. AARGH. Have calmed down considerably since leaving their place. Lovely people, but the babies were a long time ago, & FIL still telling me what my baby needs. MIL is starting to realise that she doesnt just go to sleep (here I'll take her - she can fall asleep in my arms, amidst the TV blaring and 3 noisy adults having loud debates, yeah right!) "look, she does fight it" - yes, i've told you that! Grr had to get the rant out sorry. Can now (almost) see the funny side.
    Still, had a nice day & a nice weekend overall (nice is such a boring word isn't it, but there you go). and stayed up late to watch Persuasion (sigh) last night. Of course, Ella woke at 2 am and partied steadily til 7 this morning. Thankfully DH let me have a sleep in. Yes, he is a treasure.
    Hope you all had some sleep over the weekend.

I watched Persuasion as well Jus, lovely to finally watch a TV show without screamming children trying to get my attention.

Hi ladies,
    Nic- Sorry your camping trip got cut short. I'm also amazed at your organisational skills- the thought of pscking up four kids to go camping gives me a headache!!
    Lauren- Bet Ash loooved the mango. Yummy.
    Jus- I'm hearing you. Doesn't it drive you insane? 'Here give me the baby, I'll get them to sleep', baby squirms, wriggles and srceams, working themselves into a full on tanty, all the while you're stressing out, then they finally hand them back and you have a very cranky little bub on your hands. Which you then have to calm down again. Rellos who seem to think they have the magic touch and you are just doing it wrong make my blood boil (yep, I have a few of these!!).
    We had a not so great weekend. ty did end up getting sick, but thankfully not hugely so. Dh is also sick, and in his best stirring mood, which is driving me up the wall. I got really really sick. I woke up in the middle of Sunday night with a temp of 38.9, shivering and sweating and my whole body sore. So obviously no work on Sunday. Thankfully dh took Ty for the day and only bought him up to me to feed. I spent the whole day sleeping. Haven't felt that sick since I was a kid- I wanted my mum!!! On the mend now but.
    Ty was due for his immunisations tomorrow but we'll give it another week seeing as he's been sick. I'm terrified of immunisations, even more so after I read a bit of research about them. I'm considering holding them off until he's older, but.. I work at the children's hospital. So I'm in contact with kids with infectious diseases every time I go to work. I like to err on the side of caution but in this case, I'm not sure which the side of caution is...
    Who knew this mum thing would be so difficult??
    Night all

Jus: Don't ya hate when they take baby and think they know better GRR I remember my MIL doing that with Ethan and I used to just fume inside. now I am tough and say no this is what is wrong and take them hehehe..

Persuasion? what is it about?

LoriRae: Happy 6 Months Ty hope you are all feeling well this morning. when we got sick the other week I just rang my mum and cried hehe.. i always want my mummy when I am sick..

and as for orginisational skills and camping.. its all about relaxing.. Dh packs most things, I do the clothes and we both do the food bit.. Then set up is easy if you co operate and talk and then sit back and relax and watch the day go by.. The kids generally entertain themselves as we are on the beach. Away from the water but still so much to do. It was a little tough at dinner bath bed time but the first night always is.. Olivia was awesome though and hardly cried at all.. she loved being outdoors..

Hope everyone had a pretty decent night. Mine was ok. I don't feel tired so I must have slept.. thats how i guage how good my night was these days..

Lori - hope u get better soon ! i hear u on the needles. What do u do at the childrens??

Lauren- I'm a Captain Starlight I work for the Starlight Foundation in the Starlight Room- running and hosting the in house tv station, playing Nintendo, doing arts and crafts and all that fun stuff. I visit the kids in their rooms and do face painting, magic tricks and balloon animals too... and I get to wear a very groovy super hero costume It's a truly awesome job and most days not like hard work at all, hence the fact that I don't want to give it up and I'm hoping to stay on one day a week. But because i'm on the wards and not allowed to really discriminate (eg- not go to the infectious ward) I worry about passing on something to Ty.
    Nic- lol at the sleeping thing. I *think* Ty slept from midnight to half past six this morning but I may have fed him in between then and just not remembered it??

oh and happy six months Ty!!!!

oh Lori thats beautiful! thats awesome of u to do but i dont blame u for being worried.

I weighed Ash today, 9.7kg! he'll be 10kg before hes 6months hehe

nothing else intresting here.....

Woah Lauren Ash is getting to be a big boy. Olivia was weighed last week at 6 months and came in at 7.5kg. Although yesterday we saw her little cousin, who is only 2 months old, and is almost the same length as Olivia, she is a very tall bub!

Lori what an awesome job! Did you need special training? I am a primary teacher and your job sounds like an interesting thing to try if I don't want to go back teaching full time. Trying to keep an open mind about things I can do now...

Lauren Ash sure is growing fast. how long is he?

Alicia: My Olivia is 7.5kg too

Well Olivia is a fussy little miss wouldn't eat rice cereal so saturday we offered it again and she loved it.. Tried a little bit of pumpkin yesterday and she thought it was so so and today I went for plain pumpkin but after one taste she clamped her moouth shut. I kept offering but she wasn't having a bar of it.. So I made some more rice cereal and I swear she drooled she couldn't get enough. I only gave her just over a tablespoon but she was lunging for it.. soo funny.

Well my dinner is ready,, BBL

ps where is everyone?

Lauren- Wow!! that is great! The way it's looking Ty might be a year before he reaches 10 kilos. I'll see how much he's put on tomorrow, going to the clinic for our six month check.

Alicia- You need a performance background (music, acting, entertaining etc- I used to be a kids party clown, hence the balloons and magic). And it's pretty tough to get into- they take on average 1 out of 100 applicants, after an audition, three interviews, a pysch review and a trial shift...

I love it when dh cooks- he's doing us a roast tonight, lovely man. Postponed Ty's needles till next week- therefore giving myself another week to stress about it should've just got it over and done with today, the dr gave the ok but I hate the thought of it even more when he's not 100% well. So wait we will. Then there's another six months before I need to worry about it again!!

nic - unsure how tall he is. i wont find out till his 6mnths check which is on july 1st.

hmmm... so quiet in here... seconding Nic, where is everyone?

morgan78 Guest

Hi everyone, haven't been posting much as i'm barely getting time to myself lately. Alex is now onto his 3rd cold so he's a sick grumpy bum. Vicky is waking 1-2 times every night now so im a grumpy bum. DP has been fantastic and tried to give me a night off but Little Miss wasnt having a bar of it little rascal . She is going through that lovely phase of barely sleeping through the day again as well, so im pretty much constantly wearing her and poor Alex is getting the hump as she is taking up so much of my time. Oh the joys of parenting.

I have been keeping up with everyone's news and will endeavour to do some personals tomorrow. Oh and will make sure i have a look at Olivia's montage Nic.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Hi all
    I am around just not online during the day and hardly get time to post at night.

Is anyone's baby sitting up un-aided yet??? Olivia saw the physio today and she gave me some excerises to help build Olivia's tummy muscles so she can....

Weighed Olivia the other week when she had her needles and fully clothed with a cloth nappy on she was 6.9kg her nappy was wet too...Ash is a big boy Lauren you must have awesome booby milk...

Nic your photos are gorgeous as per usual...

Bye bye all for now

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast