Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #15

Hi all
    Just a quick hello...
    Too let you know I am still around...Just haven't been posting as life is horrible with this neuralgia...some days I am awake nearly 24hrs just trying to ease the pain...and no sooner I get to sleep olivia will wake for a feed and the pain comes searing back with a vengance..... I cant get treatment until I have weaned Olivia and Olivia will not take any formula I have tried and I cant afford to buy every single tin on the market just in the hope she will drink it....

Hmmmm I am a whinger...

Buzzie yet to see the ACA but have it on tape..

Nic hugs to Olivia glad she is ok...

Sorry cant recall everything..
    Bye for now

Teena, it must be very tough. I meant to ask you last night what sort of treatment the Drs are talking about. have you posted on the boards to see if anyone else has this? or knows of someone. they might be able to offer a temporary solution

Night didn't suck to much, Olivia woke at 2 back in bed at 2:30 and woke again at 5 and back to sleep at 6. I semi dozed from 5 till 6 though.. She is extremely happy. She was full on squealing at 5:30. i couldn't stop giggling and she woke Jacob up

Hope everyone else had a good night.

eta: Teena love the pic in your ticker.. too cute

morgan78 Guest

Teena - Have you tried acupuncture? My DP has neuralgia as a result of shingles and he found the acupuncture was very helpful as a pain management treatment. Also maybe try a naturopath. I hope that you aren't in too much pain for much longer.

Nic - to Olivia...and Ethan play gentle. He'll gets his when she's a bit older

Alicia - great news that your reno is nearly finished...look forward to seeing pics.

Buzzie - I've been feeling that way lately as i hate being sick too i had just shifted the last cold and my darling DS gave me another one . I miss reading too my sister keeps offering me new books and i know i just dont have the time atm.

Well we are tidying up our gardens this weekend and planting some bulbs & strawbs *yum*. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

teena, so sorry to hear ur having a hard time.. ok you beat me.. i think ill stop winging now.. a cold is nothing....

Can I scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this will make the 4th time I have got Olivia to sleep in the last 2 hours and the 4th damn time Ethan has woken her. Seriously what is wrong with him today! She is so exhausted. I finally got him to go outside and what did he do?? As soon as she was in bed.. I am not joking he played right outside the window in the exact spot I had told him NOT to play and woke her up. i haven't gone in to get her but she is awake and looking around.. If she doesn't put herself back to sleep she will start screaming again and again it will take me around 20 minutes to calm her down.. I am furious..

I am tempted to go in to his room tonight and poke him or make a loud noise every time he drops off to sleep.. aagggghhhh..

vent over

Pml - thats a good idea nic! Ash is so sensitive to sounds... i so hope i dont cop too much of that

She finally went to sleep.. i am hoping she still is. The boys came upstairs and have now had lunch.. Really hoping they keep the noise down.. At the moment however Ethan and Jacob are argueing over something or the other in bedroom..

Olivia is normally ok with general sounds around the house, she has to be. but if she has only 'just' gone to sleep she can wake with a start.. We certainly don't tip toe around..

Ah well.. such is life. I think i am being more sensitive to the kids behaviour the last few days thanks to sleep deprivation.. and af.. stupid cow... moving on

Question for Trish.... You know the song you had for Tehya's birth montage? May I have the name and singer please.. Thanks...

Ah the miss is awake best go.. She has hardly slept today so I surprised she is awake again,,

bet i;m in for a fun night

You knew I've been reading didn't you Nic. The song is Baby Girl by Will Hoge. I'm not someone who's into country style music but I do really love that song. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it Nic

Have been quite busy over the last few days. Have been reading but haven't really had the time for a proper catch up post.

It's damn cold here today, but the air is on and the house is getting warm. Abbey slept a little better lastnight but I have a feeling it's going to be short lived. Her 4 top teeth are on their way down. My poor babies are cursed with my big teeth too.

I hope everyone is having a great long weekend and keeping warm.

Thanks Trish. I am just doing Olivias 6 month montage.

GUESS WHAT!!

On a whim I decided to give rice cereal one more go and she ate it.. Infact she sucked and muthed the spoon and mmmm'd her way thru a teaspoon of it so i guess a few days break did her the world of good

Oh good girl Olivia. Good to hear that she is liking it now c.

Does anyone think it's strange that Tehya wants a drink of breastmilk. It's not the first time she's asked, nor the first time I have given her some. Only now I gave her a little in a cup. We were in the bath together and she got the cup and wanted to milk me like a damn cow. I told her that I would do it but she wasn't allowed to waste the milk. She happily drank it up.

No not at all. a friend of mine has a son the same age as jacob and he asked for BM a few times afte she brought her daughter home but her husband was against it so she didn't pursue it. I have offered it to jacob a few times in a cup and he juust laughs and says Gwoss mummy and runs away

Yes my DP isn't too fond of the idea either. That's why tonight I haven't told him. He thinks that I push it on her which is not true. Not like I could make her drink it if she didn't want it.

I am suprised that she still likes the taste, but then it was only around thid time last year that she weaned.

I am sitting here trying to work out how to upload my birth dvd to the computer so that I can edit it and make it into something decent. Well, not that it isn't already of course, but it needs some music and some effects. I am betting it will take me the better part of a month to make it the way I want it. LOL.

yeh you definitly couldn't make them drink it.. It was only a year ago I weaned Jacob too.. actually that was one year in May. It seems like so much longer..

can't you just put our DVd in and copy it as a file to your computer? I have finished Olivias 6 month montage.. It took me about a week.. I was watching my boys ones I made a fair while back now and went awwww I want another baby Lucky simon is at work or he might swat me one heheh

Default Naming Days

Girls!! I nkow some of you have had Christenings/Naming Days. Can you give me a quick run down of what you did? Did you have ""Godparents"'? Ahhhh!!! Tahnks

hopefully someone will come and help you out. I am yet to do olivia and the boys were just very basic.. Family only affair...

Well i am hoping giving Olivia solids isn't what caused her to wake up at 9:30 and scream for *sigh* I gave infants friend as it was very obvious her tummy was hurting her.. she passed wind not long after and settled down for a feed and went back to sleep.. i am heading that way myself now..

ps, am I allowed to post a link to youtube for Olivias montage thingy? Thats if anyones interested of course

Well night all.. IF you don't hear from me for a couple days its because we went camping.. might pop on in the morning if I get time.. but if it stays clear we are off till Tuesday...

Night

Nic- I really know how you feel with siblings waking up the bubba! Kyla does it all the time, don't think it's purposeful those, although at the time it feels like it!...she also enjoys giving Gabe a BIG push in his swing when she thinks I'm not looking. Poor Kyla is a bit jealous of Gabe atm, although I try to give her lots of attention and cuddles. She tries to be like him - to cry like him, lie on the floor and kick like him - poor thing. Just wondering, could Ethan be going through a jealous stage, I know he's a lot older than Kyla so I may be way off track, only wondering because there was also the swing incident... Have fun camping!

Trish- How funny with the breastmilk! I go to ABA meetings and there are some kids Kyla's age who are still BFing. Poor Kyla was only BF/EBM for 4 months due to complications related to her prematurity etc etc - but at the meeting she says to me "Mum, I want boobie", I gave her big cuddles instead, but when I did offer it to her she declined - telling me it was for Gabe Lol. I tend to think, if they want it, give it to them. If a big deal is made about it, it will probably only make her want it more!

Maria has asked for Boobie as well and I offered it to her in a cup but she said "yuk, Fias milk", so Sofia drank it from the cup instead. Maria has also been acking like a little baby as well, especially now that Sofia is on solids she wants to be spoon fed as well.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast