Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #17

Sorry Ty was whiny Sucks when they are like that..

Can't quite remember sorry but are you BF? Infants Friends will still help at this age with bely aches..

well WOOOOOO Olivia slept through again and I got 7 hours sleep AGAIN!! Olivia slept 9 and a half hours ... did you read that..... NINE AND A HALF HOURS

all the kkids were awake before 6 today though ugh!! they will be tired and cranky by late afternoon but I am going to make Jacob sleep today. lol

morgan78 Guest

Way to go Nic on the sleep thats awesome. Alex has been the same as Jacob and what has worked for us is to reward him with a star every night he sleeps in his bed and a little chocolate (very naughty mum ) and after so many stars he gets a big reward which this week was a new movie.
    LoriRae - your poor little man i hope he feels better soon...maybe try a little diluted prune juice. I hope AF rears her ugly head for you soon.

Well i cannot believe that my little girl was 6 months yesterday time has flow so quickly. I made sure we took a heap of photos yesterday so will try and get a few up later today. We have topped the solids for a while as she really wasn't over fussed with them and appeared to have lots of bellyaches especially over night so will try again in a few weeks.
    Oh and we weighed Vicky yesterday - 7.8kgs will have to measure her today.
    Well lovely ladies have a fab Sunday

Ooo Happy 6 months Victoria

Way to go on the lovely weight gain

and happy 8 months to Sofia... Hopefully Sofia not Kayla lol.. I am always forgetting which one of you litlee misses was born first

way to go Olivia, thats an awesome sleep nic!

well we have had our week of custard and he just loves it! tomorrow we start veggies for dinner.. im nervous as. pls tummy be ok

Lori - good luck with the poos. i hate it too Could the fruits be upsetting his tummy with having them at every meal?

Omg is sofia 8 months already! wow..

Lori - OMG at the possible pregnancy! If you are pregnant, it'll be a similar age gap to what I have now (hmm.. maybe a month or so closer). Just remember there's anohter 8 months until the baby would arrive.. the older baby changes a LOT in that time

I'll join the solids giving bellyache at night club. It's the only thing I can think of. I even gave her nurofen last night thinking it's her teeth, but it did occur to me while she was screaming for over an hour this morning (3am!!) that it was probably the apple. Not sure what to do really. Tempted to drop the solids for a couple of days and see if it's that. But she's just got the hang of it and quite enjoys the whole process (eagerly opens her mouth for the food now).

Why does it only give bellyache at night tho? She's happy as larry through the day & evening, but come early hours of morning, she's wriggling around in pain!

I have the biggest bags under my eyes... need sleep!

A girlfriend of mine is getting married in a couple of weeks and last night was supposed to be her girls night, but everyone bailed coz they're sick! So it was just 3 of us, and we ended up hanging out here. LOL. DH wasn't feeling great either, so he didn't go out (he was supposed to take Tallon with him) but he and Tallon managed to keep themselves amused in the office while us girls gorged ourselves on fruit dipped in a chocolate fondu. LOL. We watched 27 Dresses too. Very tame girls night! LOL.

Well, I'm gonna cook up some vegies for Kayla today. Perhaps its just the apple upsetting her tummy. But then I remember having a couple of shocking weeks with Tallon around this age and having my eyes hanging out my head. This too shall pass.... but WHEN???? LOL *sigh*

ETA: Actually, just did the math - the age gap would be quite a bit bigger that mine. Tallon was 19 mths when Kayla was born

Good Luck with the veges.. I am starting to get really frustrated about solids.. Last night after many attempts I finally got Olivia to eat 2 tablespoons of vanilla custard and I hate giving her that. I would prefer she ate veges or something .. but i want her to eat as over the last couple days I have noticed if she eats more at night she actually does sleep better.. and water. if I give her water before her last booby feed at night she also sleeps longer...

I am going now to try and get her to eat some veges for a mid morning snack..

oh and I am cold.. it is overcast and cool today..

liz - Ash was the same when i first gave him farex, i fed him breakfast and was fine during the day then at night he was screaming and kept lifting his knees up so i knew his tummy was hurting. i gave it a break for a while and he was fine starting again later on. i think theres no harm in giving them a break. Ive up'd the amount of custard i give him and hes a little squirmish but ok, ill start a different food on monday.

Nic - is Olivia having breakfast, lunch and dinner now??? im unsure if i should do breakfast and lunch first or breakfast and dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post
    Nic - is Olivia having breakfast, lunch and dinner now??? im unsure if i should do breakfast and lunch first or breakfast and dinner
    I laughed out loud in a HA kind of way when i read this.. We are lucky to get a tablespoon of food in ALL day!

Today and yesterday i haven't bothered trying at morning time and i was going to do lunch today but though pfft so I am oin the proicess of steaming her veges now

Now I am doing something different.. I completely forgot that I steamed the boys veges and here I am boiling Olivias.. Maybe thats why she won't eat them?? the boys didn't like thiers boiled either.. yes my kids are fussy.. no bulk foods made here. With all the boys it had to be made fresh or they wouldn't eat it so I am just doing the same for miss O..

i have got dinner all cooked.. It is just in the oven staying warm.. I should post the recipe cus by golly its delish and its a huge hit with the family

well the youngest precious one is requiring some attention so off to see if the veges are done..

oh and yay Panadol alone worked today for isaacs dizzy spell (woo) Littl excited he didn't need a pill today

realised I didn't help you though Lauren I would do breakfast then dinner and add lunch later on

lol thanks nic

just read your sig

Well the "princess" has eaten around a tablespoon again.. this time I gave her Sweet tata, carrot (new) and Zuccini (new) and when she kept turning her nose up at that I got a jar of pear and nana.. she turned her nose up at that too but we got a tablespoon of it all up into her. she clamps her mouth shut tight.. i was naughty and tricked her tonight I waited for her lift her cup of water to her mouth and when her mouth opened I slipped in the spoon hehehe. yeh she wasn't impressed

Need to ask anyone who has a jumping joey or jolly jumper, what weight is the max? i brought mine off ebay and it didnt come with instructions, now Ash is 10kg im unsure how long hes allowed to be on it.. ??????????????

We just got one Lauren. I think the box said 15kg? It was that or 18kg, I'll try to find the instructions later for you, but Ash is not too big for it yet :-)

oh great thanks alicia, lots of life yet..well lets hope so hehe

you poor thing nic. last night was fairly ordinary here too, but not as bad as some. sigh.

any ideas on how old before they can put their own dummy back in? we were going to get rid of it, but I think we've done the worst now. It'll prob be more work getting rid of it than just living with it til she does it herself & hopefully I won't have to get up so much at night.

we had a breakthru here this week. miss has finally decided to eat. woohoo some pieces of rockmelon, but only if i can feed myself mummy... I don't care as long as she eats something.

no crawling action here, just lots of rolling, boy that's making me realise life's going to get a whole lot busier soon.

way clingy too. mummy can't do anything much. tiring, but kind of nice to be wanted by someone so much.!

Hope you all had a good weekend. we're off braving the cold to go to church.

just realised i missed a whole page of stuff - sorry, don't mean to be vague...

Lori OH MY GOODNESS. Well, you know what I think. If you need someone to mop up the tears, just give me a call....

fingers crossed.

jus - i think every bubs is different re. the dummy, but ash puts his own in now. He only uses it to chew on it with his teething.

gees im a bit of a BB junkie tonight.. waiting for something to finish on ebay.. hmm i should really stop going on that site. hehe

Hi all,
    How is everyone? I went to work today and dh took TY out and about and he didn't cry once all day!! Grrr.. that would be right. But the brown sugar worked and he's been pooing all day.
    Lauren- yay!! You will love the Jolly Jumper, it's great. Not sure if it is the fruit upsetting his belly. I did have a theory that it was the multigrain breakfast stuff I've been feeding him. I'm going to wait another day or two and then try it again and see how it goes.
    Jus- I may just take you up on that crying on the shoulder offer. Still no AF as yet. Praying, praying... off to the chemist tomorow. Good girl Ella for eating!! Ty loves his rockmelon too.
    Nic- Nine and a half hours!! I am so so so jealous. You lucky thing. Yep I'm still BF, I haven't tried the Infants Friend. Might look into that.
    Liz- Yep, not much of a gap. If I am pregnant Ty will be 14 months old when the new baby is born. Oh. My. God. I was hoping for at least two years gap, maybe three. Or whenever Ty started sleeping through, whichever happened first
    Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I did- work is good because it reminds me how much I love being at home with Ty
    Night all

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast