Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #19

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Because 'da' is easier to say than 'ma' Its nothing else other than that.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Buzzie -Da is usually the first word a baby says, it has nothing to do with who is in the home.

Nic - Hope you are feeling better hon

Lauren: Da is usually the first word. ALthough Olivias first word has been bubububub or I swear she says heeeello...

here is a pic of Olivia in the bike trailer
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8597
    There is another pic of her in the gallery too when she was coming back from her ride.. So adorable..

Well my boys are ready for bed I think.. Olivia is in bed but she has been coughing heaps so don't know how long she will stay down for..

Ok i feel better now he has been saying mum for a while now which is so nice and nanna, so i guess granddad will have to be dada for a while LOL

Nic -The pics sooooo cute! does she stay in it long???

We have only been able to take her out the once cus I got sick but she was in it about half an hour.. She wasnt showing any signs of wanting to get out. We just got home is all.. If Simon rides Ethan to school tomorrow I think I will get him to take her, I don't think my lungs would forgive me right now if I went riding..

Olivia slept pretyy well again last night. She woke at 1:30 but then went right back to sleep I feel so bad though. I put her in bed with me and I was sleeping on the opposite side to the one I normally do and there is nothing beside the bed (my side has a chest of drawers) anyways it went through my mind to put her in the middle or she might fall off. but Jacob wasin bed with me too and I didn't want him smothering her or anything. This mornig I heard her talking and sat up to get her out of her cot but she wasn't there? I lay back down thinking Simon must be home from work and already got her up.. Then I remembered... oh dear.. She had fallen down lol. She must have fallen onto the pillow that had fallen off the bed otherwise she would have hurt herself..

note to self.. Sleep on your own side of the bed if Olivia is in there

Hi all,
    Nic- lol lucky she fell on a pillow hey? We thankfully haven't had a falling off the bed moment yet but I am kinda waiting for it, seeing as Ty is in our bed most of the night...
    Lauren- I haven't even got a mum out of Ty yet, it's all dadadada. Drives me mental some days I remember reading somewhere that even in different languages where the word for 'father' doesn't start with a 'da' sound, babies still say dadada first. it's just an easy sound to say. Interestingly enough, there is an old wives tale- straight from the mouth of my grandmother, so a bona fide old wives tale- that says if bubs says dada first, the next baby will be a girl. If they say mama first, the next baby will be a boy.
    Got some stuff for Ty's ecezma. The CHN recommended it- emulsifying ointment. Apparentley it's what is used as a base for all the skin creams tehy make, and is the only part of them that actually absorbs into the skin, and doesn't leave a residue. And it is working so well As an added bonus, my hands feel silky smooth lol!!
    ETA- Happy eight months to my little pork chop from yesterday

happy 8 months Ty

Well while Olivia was asleep I cleaned and mopped the lounge so it would be all clean and Olivia proofed when she woke. what does she do within 5 minutes of waking.. choke on something thatw as stuck to her toy.. *sigh* Gave me a big fright.. she was gagging without making any sound and I couldn't get my finger in her mouth properly.. AGh.. She is fine now and happily chatting away..

I still don't even know what was on the toy.. Looked like dried up grass that had stuck to it.. Toy has been put away lol..

OMG well talk about jinxing myself - Ash said GRAND DAD today! i couldnt believe it, two words as crystal clear... you should of seen my face, it was as if i won lottery.. hehe was sooo proud... They were playing on the floor and Ash was absolutely cracking himself laughing. we have never heard him laugh so much i got it all on camera too.. it was fantastic!

Happy 8 months ty! i cant believe Ash is 8 months next week... and we start swimming lessons soon! yay!!! cant wait!!

Clever boy Ash!!!

Nic - Poor Olivia falling off the bed. Loren slipped over in the bath twice tonight!!!! Mummy is horrible.

Lori - Damn Loren said dada first...I am hoping for a boy next. Happy 8 months Ty

BTW My DH is Polish and he is called Tata and the girls both said dada first and he only speaks Polish to them

Loren has conjuctivitis and infected nasal passage. Poor little bugger.

for Loren.. poor little sweety. I hope she feels better soon..

Bek: Does Sara speak much polish then? I have been trying for the last 9 years to get my FIL to teach the kids finnish (he is finnish) but so far we have only got them a couple words. I would teach them but I don't know how to pronounce the words correctly.. usually I get the rellies (FIL sister) to teach them a few words when we visit

Olivia ate so much last night I thought she was going to explode.. We were running late as I felt well enough to go for a bike ride.. We all went.. Was fantastic. olivia played on the playground for the first time.. She loved it.. Slides and swings.. here is a link to yesterdays pics DropShots.com

When we got home I knew I wouldn't have time to cook her dinner so Simon went and got a thing of rafferty's garden.. She ate the whole thing and then just under half a jar of pear and banana and then a rusk She didn't sleep all night though.. Dang!

Simon and I had a fight at 2:30am When she woke I got up fed her and she wasn't having a bar of going back to sleep. I put her back in her bed and lay down. I might be feeling better but I tire easily at the moment, that will go away in a couple days.. I rolled over to Simon and said can you please get up to her. First words were.. Does she need a feed. No I just fed her. He obviously didn't hear the screaming 40 mins before while I changed her nappy then he said but I'm tired. I swear if I was a violent person I would have punched him...

He finally got up only to say Lay down Olivia.. he then got back into bed and rolled over while she screamed and screamed. I gave up after 5 mins told him THAN YOU very much in a loud voice. and that I won't forget this.. he said I bet you won't.. I said Damn straight..

and Olivia and I fell asleep on the couch till 6:30 this morning. I was so cold as I only had a thin blanket over me. I got back into bed and told Simon he could get up and get the kids breakfast and get Ethan ready for school.. and I had every intention of not getting up till just before Ethan left but Damn it all.. Simon put his back out so I had to do everything this morning.. I know I should feel sympathetic but I don't.. Well I do a little but at first I was like he is just doing this to get out of work..

on the bright side. the extra shift he took at work which was meant to be tonight well he isn't going now cus he can barely walk

oh and I like him again but boy was I mad..

Oh Nic don't they drive you mental? My dh thinks that spoon feeding Ty his dinner (which I cook, prepare and heat, and clean up after) makes him super dad and means he doesn't have to do a single thing for the rest of the night. Grrrr. He was talking about having another baby the other day and I was like 'wtf?? are you serious?? with the huge amount of help you give me??'. Oh well. Hope simon's back feels better soon.
    Lauren- Yay Ash!! Clever boy!! You guys will love swimming lessons, we're going to ours today.
    Bekz- poor little Loren. It sucks when they are sick. Hope she feels better soon too.
    Damn it is so cold. I am mighty sick of this winter thing already.

I know.. Why do they think sitting there putting food into a mouth helps?? I asked him to bath Olivia last night.. Why do I even have to ask?? I think if both parents are home then it should just be work together time... I shouldn't have to say hey can you help me do this.. Drives me nuts!!

Well Olivia is down for her nap.. seems to have pattern emerging. 9:30 till 11:30 is her day sleep or 12:30 till 2:30 and she also has 2 smaller naps..

and there she goes making a big fat liar of me and she is waking up but thats ok it just means she will have a 2 hour nap later on today which is more suitable to me today anyways

Nic - Sara speaks alot of Polish, almost as much as English. She is exposed to it each and everyday and all of Rob's family speak it to her. You need repetition and it has to be fun. Counting is a good way to start, saying yes and no, hello and goodbye and kids songs.

What is it with these men hey!!! My DH is pretty good at helping but he needs direction iykwim. He also seems to need alot of Rob time without the children interupting!!!!

Loren is much better after 24hours on anitibiotics and eye drops. She has is starting to sleep longer stretches overnight too....I got a 5 hour stretch last night and I have heaps of energy

Question re meat preparation for bub. How do you cook meat like lamb or beef for bub. In the past I bought cubes and then boiled the meat in water until tender and then pureed...Is there a better way?

I don't remember what I did with meat... I think only isaac has had meat before 1 and that was because he was grabbing at my chicken.. and we pureed it..

Other then that we just waited and when cooking our own dinner cooked them some too but without sauces ect,. then dice it up finely..

Olivia has the itchiest looking eczema on her arm.. I don't see the point in taking her to the Dr as it isn't bothering her at all.. It just bothers me..

Olivia said Ball this afternoon.. I swear thats what it was.. she can say bubub and the occasional what sounds like Da or ma.. but I swear she said Ball when Jacob gave her a ball

Ahhh. One of those days. Ty's morning nap lasted all of 5 minutes. Now he will be whingy all day. Just when I thought we had a good sleep routine going *sigh*.
    Bekz- about the meat. I don't think I'm going to bother until Ty is about 12 months. I hate the thought of puree'd meat, I don't know why it just grosses me out. One of those weird little quirks
    Off to Babies into Books at the library. Lovely. Really too cold and windy to bother, but hey we'll give it a shot.

Hey girls.

Yeah.. I never pureed meat. Think i either shredded it, or chopped it up once DS got the hang of chewing properly. Can't remember what age. You can always start by giving them a bone to chew on. hehe.

Are these bubs supposed to be eating meat already?? Opps Ash is still getting the hang of lumps... We went out for breaky this morning and he had some of my cooked baby spinach omg he loved it.. i was so surprised! kept wanting more.. how wierd. good tho i guess.. i took a pic of him with it hanging out him mouth was soo cute, ill upload it tomorrow.. eheh

hope everyones having a good night, Ash is fast alseep in his cot.... yes.... cot! woot, hes fantastic now.. feels weird to put him to bed at night and me still up. Time to stop going to bed with him at 6.30pm everynight! lol

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast