Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #19

So sorry I haven't been into say hi.

I will pop in tomorrow and catch up.

We had our first finger slam in the kitchen draw yesterday...poor buba and I was just thinking of putting a baby proof tab thing on it.

Kt - At 12 months I took the teet out of the bottle and switched to a sippy teet...At 18 months no more bottles just sippy cups. I use Avent bottles

Hi all,
    Bekz- Ouchie!!
    kts- They recommend swapping to a sippy cup from six months for orthodontic reasons. We are bfing but Ty has a cup with water at meal times.
    We are having a run of bad luck- I said something stupid and caused a fight with a couple we know last night , then I sliced my knuckle making dinner last night. Ty was up screaming for three hours last night- I think we almost have a tooth. Then the poor little darling rolled himself over a pillow off the bed and smack- onto the floor this morning. I was dozing in bed next to him when it happened. Bad mummy!!! See Nic I told you I was waiting for it to happen!!
    I think it might be time to start making him sleep in his cot at night instead of our bed *gulp* anyone got any tips?

Oh Lori - I had Tallon crawl off the bed a few times while co-sleeping, woke up to a *thump* and a "waaaaa" He learnt pretty quickly tho, and no serious injuries! You could always put bed rails on your bed, but once they're crawling they'll find a way around it hehe.

Well, Kayla did a 4 1/2 hr stretch of sleep last night from about 11 to nearly 4. She was in the cot next to me coz I was lazy LOL. She only woke up coz Tallon came in and started digging into my hair, enough to wake me up and make him stop.. and that made him cry coz I wouldn't let him hold my hair. Would love to know how long she would have slept for tho! We seem to get the best sleep when she hasn't had any solids. But I feel mean not feeding her, coz she sooooooo wants food.

We've got a checkup with the paed today, might mention how solids affect her tummy. See if he has any suggestions.

kts64s: I would say just go with the flow.. If you don't want to be still using a bottle at 1 just change.. I have a tommee tippee cup for Olivia. it has a soft teat and she just chew or sucks on it to get the water out..

but for Isaac and Ethan who had bottles I just took them away when I felt they were ready. Ethan was 2 and a half and Isaac was around 2..

Welcome back from your holiday by the way hope you had a great time

Quote Originally Posted by LoriRae View Post
    Hi all,
    Then the poor little darling rolled himself over a pillow off the bed and smack- onto the floor this morning. I was dozing in bed next to him when it happened. Bad mummy!!! See Nic I told you I was waiting for it to happen!!
    I think it might be time to start making him sleep in his cot at night instead of our bed *gulp* anyone got any tips?
    woops lol. Glad he was ok though.. No idea how to make him sleep in his cot..

Quote Originally Posted by BekZ View Post
    We had our first finger slam in the kitchen draw yesterday...poor buba and I was just thinking of putting a baby proof tab thing on it.
    ouchies! We haven't had that yet but we came close to her closing the cupboard on her fingers.. Jacob is starting to get a little rough with her so she has been having tears from sibling play lately

Well what a crappity crap night we had... I was so knackered thanks to the 4am start that I fell asleep in the lounge. We both did. We both woke at 10:30 and went to bed. Olivia woke at 11:50.. she screamed and screamed and screamedand then she screamed some more. She fed and then screamed again.. Pandol and cuddles didn't help.. I was losing my temper by this stage at just after 1 I got the ****s. Put her in her cot.. shut the door and told Simon I was sleeping in the lounge. I reclined back and fell into a deep deep sleep till 6:45 this morning Simon didn't sleep so good lol..

I semi felt guilty but then I thought better of my emotions..

I got up with the boys and got thier breakfast while Simon slept the morning away with Olivia so it worked out quite well.. might even do it again tonight if need be

Been a busy morning. Isaac had prep induction at school.. and now Eth and Isaac are at the dentist then whent hey get home we are off shopping

oooo and we went out for tea last night.. Just the 6 of us and Olivia sat up in a high chair squealing and gooing her way through dinner. Was so cute

She looks suitably adorable today.. Jeans long sleeved purple top and a hairclip hehe..

hey nic - did u upload that pic u said of one of the boys with olivia??? I was hanging out to see it I think u were going to upload it, i know u mentioned one of them smoochies with her..

I seem to all of a sudden be having panick attacks about everything with my little girl...well not reall panick attacks but just stressing over "what comes next"I guess.

We have mastered solids without too much of a problem and sleeping on most days is reasonable. We have two teeth which we have had for three months now and no signs of any more, but I was just wondering what next?

I was reading that at nine months you should sart reducing their two day feeds by half?
    I guess I was just wondering what everyone else here is doing in regards to feeds, food, and sleeping.

Oh one other thing...is anyone else's little waking in the early hours of the morning and wanting to PARTY. It is rather cute butI need some sleep. Thanks

here ya go Lauren http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...792&ppuser=752

Kts: Olivia occasionally woke in the early hours wanting to play.. It goes away thankfully.. She did that last night though but I wasn't having a bar of it so just popped her back in bed and yeh well it didn't go down so well lol.. When she was doing it every night I just got up and let her play for half hour or so then tried putting her back to bed

My Miss is 9 months old today too

" Then the poor little darling rolled himself over a pillow off the bed and smack- onto the floor this morning. "

when tia was around a year old, she started sleeping in a single bed and to help with the fall outs, i put a spare partially rolled up doona on the floor beside her bed.

and if anyone is curious, mirani atm is a 00 - 0 in a two piece, or a 1 in a one piece. (she's very long.)

had such a rough couple of days, 1) i've banged my head about 4 times in the past few days, 2) i've had red food colouring spill over the kitchen tiles twice in 2 days so atm the kitchen floor is pink, 3)Alisha saw the school nurse today, and apparently her hearing is down on her left side. which could be due to all the colds she's had this winter. 4) Mirani had only 2 naps today (1 was for 30 mins and the other was 15mins), and was fine when we went to get the girls from school but for no reason at all started screaming. and just did not stop, lots of sympathetic looks from other mums. and then i had to carry her all the way home with tia pushing the pram. she didnt stop until we got home and finally went to sleep. 5) Mirani's nappies atm require a big spray of air freshener afterwards. and finally number 6) i broke the toilet whilst trying to fix it. and now i have super glue on my fingers from trying to fix what i broke while trying to fix. if you follow that.

not a good couple of days. have my drs appt tomorrow. will post again then.

oh my god, Monique has the loudest high pitched squeal and is doing it all the time - happy, sad, cranky. Any suggestions on what to do? She is driving me slightly nuts and deaf.

Michelle!!

Tinsel: Olivia does that too,. I have been told "welcome to the world of girls"

if it is really bothering you though you could gently place your finger against her mouth and say Shhh.. quiet voice.. They understand a lot more then we give them credit for

oh and i forgot to add that i also broke the sugar bowl and chppied a breakfast bowl and found a broken glass in the cupboard.

Geez Michelle you are really having a rough time..

Don't you wish you could stay in bed

absolutely.

Oh Michelle! Hoping things start to look up soon.

Thanks Nic. DH and I were trying not to give her attention when she did it in case it fuelled the squeals but will try out your suggestion.

Mum said I did the same thing when I was a baby and the cat would scratch her. Surely I wasn't this bad!

kts, Monique woke at 4am the other morning and thought it was playtime but thankfully it was only that one time.

Oh Michelle - What a run! Must admit I had to giggle at a few of them. I soooo have had those kind of days myself. I hope today goes more smoothly for you. I hope Alisha's hearing is nothing serious. We've got some pretty rank nappies here too, and they're burning her poor little bum too. Think it's teething poos.

Well, we got a 5 hr sleep last night! from 12.30 to 5.30. As she was drifting off I told her to have a nice big sleep for mummy. maybe that worked! LOL.

Our visit to the paed was ok. But he's not happy with her weight gain. She's dropped a bit on the chart. (but if you check out her thighs you'll see she's certainly not wasting away!) So he's urging me to get more solids into her. I said I've held back because she screams in pain at night. He asked if I want a referral to a dietitian, but I said nah, we'll just persevere. Anyway.. I gave her 2 big meals yesterday, and of course she was fine last night little bugga. LOL. So we'll see.

anyway, she's now 7.9kg. She's only put on 800g in 3 months. But she's started crawling in that time so would have burnt off a few calories I'm not worried anyway. But I will persevere a bit more with solids. There's no problem with her taking it.. she LOVES it, but I'll just have to watch how her tummy goes.

michelle - u poor thing, what a crap time for you, hope it starts to get better for you!

Nic - What a gorjus pic!!! Thats so beautiful they boys look after her. You guys take some beautiful family pics.

Tinsel - i wouldnt stress about the squealing, i think all bubbas go thru it at some stage, Ash did for a week straight, happy sad wingy anything. His squealing sometimes turned into a scream too.

Liz - I think its incredible what some health experts say when you are doing exactly what your supposed to. The maternal health nurse told me on tuesday that Ash is still breast feeding so much because hes hungry and im not giving him enough food! Your saything that about a 10.7kg baby!! OMG i think im feeding him enough thankyou!

Have a good one everyone

Morning all

thanks Lauren

Liz: Kayla is still a tiny peanut isn't she .. 800g is a great gain isn't it?

Decent night here. olivia slept till 6 . I got 7 hours sleep.. Olivia had a big feed off one booby this morning then promptly threw it up all over me.. then 40 mins later she did the same thing when feeding off the other side. ugh.. I am pretty sure it is because I was so full.. The 3rd feed she had was fine and she went and had an hours nap after that..

She is out in the other room squealing at Jacob at the moment.. We are busy making dinosaur muffins for tomorrow. sooo hard not to eat them

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast