Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #19

Hi all,
    Michelle- you poor thing. Hope your luck picks up, that sux.
    Buzzie- My chn told me the same thing about the bf so much. Pfft. Ash sounds like Ty- just a boobie baby, loves it
    Ahh, we get the high pitched squeaking (drives me insane) and the early morning play time. Dh wakes at 4am for work and normally sees Ty crawling round the bed giggling to himself
    But not this morning cause Ty slept in his own bed till 5am WOOT!!! It was a bit too easy me thinks... tonight will not go so smoothly. 2 4 hour stretches and two two hour stretches yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA- Happy nine months Olivia!!

hmm... I'll do some maths. i think at this age they want to see at least 80g a week? So for 3 months, which is about 13 weeks... that's 1.04kg. So yeah, she's not gaining like they want. But like I said, she's on the move now, so if she'd sat on her bum it might have been 200g more. hehe. Plus she was in a high percentile for a long time at her corrected age, coz she was born so huge for a prem. IMO she's come back down to the percentile she should be at - nice & average - like her brother! hehe. Anyway, if it weren't for these constant checkups with the paed, we'd be none the wiser and wouldn't be worried about her size at all.

Lauren - Tallon was a booby boy for a looooong time. Fed through the night, fed lots of times a day... he only weaned from night feeds at 15 mths coz I made him, coz I was pg. But he still woke up for water, and to make sure I was next to him. CHN's are dumb IMO heheheh.

Well, my house is reasonably clean these days, but Tallon has taken to using scissors again, and this time around he's learnt how to actually cut the paper up.. he used to just do snips around the edge (if that makes sense) so I have little pieces of paper all over the floor all the time. Which is a pain in the bum coz Kayla can't go on the floor if it's not cleaned up. I try to remind him to cut the paper at his table, but argh.. he's 2.. as if he listens! LOL. I'm going to get myself a swivel sweeper - will be so much easier to do a quick run around with. Mum's going to have the other one, since you get 2 for the price of 1.

Hi ladies...

sorry no time for personals.. but just wanted to let you all know i've been around!
    Sorry to all those having a bad trot! hope it picks up for you all!

Easy teething for all those bubs trying to push out a tooth or two!!

Happy crawling to those on the move and those about to venture out!!

We have been good... some tooth issues, but OK otherwise.. She's trying out some new day time routine... yesterday NO sleep in the afternoon!!! and the day before NO sleep in the morning... so that's one sleep a day!.... hmmmmm surely she can't be cutting it down to 1 sleep already!!?!?! Sleeping at night is good! sleeps from 8ishpm-7isham however some nights she grizzles in her sleep every couple hrs, so i have to pop up and give her her dummy...arg! but that is nothing compared to some of you!!

hugs too all!

xx

I dont mind Ash being a booby boy, what ever makes him happy. im not going anywhere anytime soon.

Meant to say Happy 9 months Nic's Olivia hehe

Did anyones bubs get yukky poos when they were teething? I know some ppl say its related others not but Ash is teething the worst he ever has these last 2 days and this morning did the most Horrid green mucusy smelly poo - sorry everyone - hes very grizzly and extremely clingy but semi happy at times so i dont think hes sick as such.... did that happen to anyone else???

hehe.. not green & mucusy, by stinky and burning her bum. And I mean STINKY.

I thought I would get heaps of time to do personals but no I think my time is limited...

Poos: We had a week of stinky, burning, mucus poos.

Food/bottles: Loren is having 3 meals per day (2 courses mind you) plus 5 180ml bottles. I think she is having too many bottles but I can't seem to ween her off. Can some one give me an indication if she is eating too much?

Loren is just about to cut 2 teeth. She is also starting to let go of furniture and balance standing up for a second....

Happy 9 months Olivia.

We are off to the nurse tomorrow for check up. I bet Loren has reached 9kgs!! I hope she slows down, her sister is only 14kgs and she is nearly 3.

A big hello to everyone.

Wow Bekz at Loren letting go and standing already! A friend of mine's youngest was crawling at 4 months, walking at about 7, and running by 10 months LOL. i personally like mobility limited as long as possible! LOL. i loved that Tallon didn't even roll until 7 months! mind you he then at the same time crawled and cruised the furniture, so he did all those at once heh.

Dunno how much food is too much. I would think she would refuse to eat if she was full? If you want to drop a bottle, will she take water instead? Or if you're worried about her getting too much formula, perhaps water one bottle down more? I've never FF so I don't really know what I'm talking about, so you can either take or leave that advice! heheh.

hi all,

iron levels are back up to a normal persons levels which is good.

trying antidepresahnts atm to see if things get better on the depression front. dp's taken it personally by saying that if im so unhappy with my life and with him and the kids then i should just leave. typical freakin male. wish i hadnt said anything to him.

Bekz - Ash has about 5-6 boobies durning the day as well as his meals, and the dumb nurse said he was food hungry not boobie hungry.. i wouldnt worry as long as there happy, they know how much they need. As someone said when they start crawling there gonna be burning so much energy anyways..

Michelle - how horrible for him to say that! He should be alot more supportive... hmmmm men. god it reminds me why i cant stand being in a relationship! grrrrh - Great on the iron levels tho!

just caught up with all the posts.

We have been away on holidays to Mum and Dads then Canberra, we were meant to go to the Vic snowfields but DH got pneumonia so that ended the snow trip. Fia had 2 nearly 3 teeth when we got to Forbes and a week later she left with 6 teeth. She has started the screaching/screaming with joy noise, has had the wind problems and has had the worst nappies, so all looks normal there.

We had our checkup at the paed today as well. She is now 7.4kg so that is 4 times her birth weight and the Dr is very happy there.

Hope everypne gets good sleeps tonight.

been meaning to message you this week.. our babies are turning 3

i thought Maria was before Jacob though...

Liz - Loren has been crawling since she was 6 months. Sara was the same and I was hoping for Loren to be a bit slower, but it seems my girls want to get some where fast!!! I remember going to mothers group and being the only mummy who could not sit and relax because DD was on the move.

Michelle - Why do men always make issues we have about themselves? Hugs Have you gone to see a natural therapist? It could be a hormonal problem. I am on all sorts of herbs (legal) to try and get myself back together.

I know I am late but happy 9 months to Olivia.

Loren is self settling to sleep now...yipee!!!! and we are cutting 2 teeth atm

Hi all, have been lurking & reading & keeping up with what's going on for you all.

Michelle - you are so awesome and so strong. Don't let dh undermine that. One day at a time. Your babies are so lucky to have you!

Just have to share a woohoo - Ella is also self-settling now to sleep. She just went down without even a peep, and I forgot to put on her music. She even slept 7 hours straight last night and so did I. . It's so nice to feel refreshed in the morning for a change! Yay.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hi all,
    Woohoo Ty officially has his first tooth!!! Minimal stress for it to come through, only two doses of Panadol over the three days it was pushing through No bad poos here either, but watch those mucusy ones- Ty had a few big green mucusy ones just before he got gastro.

Michelle- :hugs: your dh sounds like he needs a good kick up his selfish bum!!

Bekz- Like Liz, I'm no formula expert, but I think these babies know what they need- if bubs wants that many bottles, maybe she still needs all that milk...

Jus- Ahhh I am seething with jealousy Ty needs to follow Ella's lead in the good stuff too. Maybe I need to pop into your place so they can chat

It is so misrable and wet and rainy here and I have to go grocery shopping. Ugh.

LoriRae - I hate doing the shopping (with the kids) when it is raining, I was lucky, did it yesterday, but I have medicare to go to today - yuk

A big WOOHOO to all those babies self settling and getting teeth!

BekZ - ok.. Chrissie eats 3 meals a day (150-200ml food, and 50-100ml desert/fruit)...2 courses too! but i struggle to get her to have her milk! i have the opposite prob to you!! she has 3 220ml bottle (200ml) water... she may finish 2 and half of the night one.... OR MOST days she'll have half of all 3 and that's it!! i WISH she would have more... i have tried cutting out her food, but it doesn't make any difference..she just wont have the milk!! Even tried changing brands!
    I wouldn't worry about it! she obviously likes it! and it doesn't do any harm, as she is still eating her meals...!

A big hello to all the other lovely ladies doing a fantastic job out there!

xx

morgan78 Guest

Hi all
    Been reading & keeping up to date with everyone but just not had much time to post.

Bek - It doesn't sound like she's having too much...are you offering milk before food? cause once they hit 9 months you can start offering food first and you might find she'll drop down the amount of milk...between 6-9 months the average is 100ml/kg and then from 9 months at least 600mls a day. Vicky has 4 x 200ml bottles, 3 bf and 3 meals.
    Jus - Woohoo for you & Ella. Those 7 hours feel like bliss I bet.
    Michelle_k - I hope the antidepressants help and your dp needs a swift kick. Definately not the most supportive response.
    Nic - Hope you are feeling a little more "together" now... you poor old thing
    Lauren - Got my pressie person cheers. What a lovely thing your mum is...sounds like a good idea.
    Everyone else hello

Well Vicky is still only crawling backwards but the last couple of days she has decided that the only way to be is on her feet, which would be fine except she's not really got her balance so theres is lots of whinging out of frustration but Alex is so good at entertaining her. Weighed her last night and just on 9kgs haven't measured her yet but she's outgrown the 00's so i've been buying on Ebay lately we got some beautiful dresses for summer. Sleeping is getting better but she has gone back to waking around 2am which sucks as she was waking at 10/11pm then sleeping til 6am which was lovely for me now im back to 4hrs then maybe 2hrs..argh. Oh and we are still gummy but i think we'll see 1 or 2 soon as we've got the stinkies too and a runny nose.

Have a lovely night all.

Evening all Had a great day with my birthday boy :-)

Morgan: yup feeling all back together tonight Gawd I felt old last night

not much to report. olivia woke with spew in her hair and spewed again at lunch time. I didn't offer dinner but she asked for it at 7:30 ate some have a BF and went to bed.. Fingers crossed we don't have a spewy night.. Beats me what is up with her

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast