Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #19

Just had to post a whoo hoooo.. ASH CRAWLED hehehe YAY! i was just sitting here next to him on the floor and he went forward with both arms!!! YAY so proud! We have been practising today but i didnt think he would catch on that quick! (i know all the not first mums are thinking... its not that exciting, trouble starts!) hehehe

we'll join you with the woo hoo. Ella's moving forward. it's not exactly crawling, more moving forward by rolling side to side, to get what she wants. We are also encouraging it (also first time excited mummy). She's so much happier being able to get to what she wants!

morgan78 Guest

[ Ash & Ella

Hey im pretty stoked that Vicky is crawling backwards...i reckon its also exciting no matter how many kids you have and yep it may mean trouble is starting but it also means we have a little more time during the day to do things without them needing us to constantly amuse them.

Hi all,
    Yay Ash and Ella!!
    Lauren- Oh dear, you poor thing, no caffeine!! I hope it all works for you and Ash.
    Things are not looking good here at the moment. Ty has been sleepy all day (had one two hour nap which is not like him at all) and has been vomiting, including one massive one before bed. We are seeing the GP tomorrow morning. Cross your fingers for me...

Oh My crawlers.. WOO How exciting!! Share some vids? lol.. I love watching all our bubbies grow

Lori: hope you have a good night and Ty is ok..

Had a good day here. Simon and Jacob did the groceries while I stayed home with Miss Livi and Isaac. She was asleep for 2 hours so was nice and quiet.. I ended up taking olivia to the Drs today cus her eyes were just so gunky I think they needed more. and yes she needs the eye drops Jacob was on.. Poor bubba.. but after 2 doses they were looking better already when she went to bed. Dr also said she had a pink ear. I like my Dr cus he doesn't just hand out anti biotics unless they are really needed and he agreed with me to wait before treating as she is over all very happy and the only indication tohaving a sore ear was her pulling at it..

gosh what else.. We tuned Olivia forward facing in the car.. We were going to wait but got thr urge yesterday and today she went for her first drive forward facing and did well. Held her neck up just fine and her head didn't flop forward when she went to sleep.. It is going to take some getting used to and I am still not 100% certain she will stay FF LOL. I may feel guilty and turn her back yet..

I went shopping with just my big man.. Ethan and I had so much fun without the littler ones tagging along Simon went to his parents with the other 3. Poor boy has got the same bug as Olivia and Jacob and feels icky Gotta love him but men are so painful when they are unwell..

um,, what else.. My mum is coming to stay for a few days **dance** We are having a BBQ lunch on Sunday for Ethan and Simons birthday.. I am surprising Simon with a cake as well as he doesnt know. His Birthday is monday and Ethans wednesday!

Anyways off to do a little browsing then bedy bies for me...

OMG why havent I been getting notifications for the previous thread and totally missed this one started... I have so much to read through and once I do that I will post a decent reply

Sorry everyone

Nic - Thats good Olivia sitting sitting forward now, i was so nervous driving with ash forward with the head thing falling alseep. he had a couple little wiplashes lol

Lori, Tys really not happy bubba atm hope everythin goes well at the gp.

Morgan - didnt think of it like that, mind u ash is really good at amusing himself lol

Had a few spats last night with wind, im also just starting the live with it as its just a normal night, we're up at 6am again yet hes yawning like crazy,. hmm go figure. But i dont mind, i spent yrs getting up early for work, im a pretty good waker... and we have cuddles by the fire and watch wiggles hehhe
    Mind you i am drinking my first caffiene free cuppa!! so who knows what ill be like in an hour or 2

Teena: lol.. We talked to fast this month

Lauren: **shudder** at not being able to have a morning coffee!

Well Olivia woke at 11:30 and screamed for 40 minutes.. then Jacob woke at 2am but thankfully wasn't yelling. being sick seems to have softened his attitude..

Looks like Ethan is now getting the gunky eyes GRR.. not sure what the policy is on school and gunky eyes. they are just red at the moment.. not ick stuff so it could just be sleepy eyes.. Am waiting till 8 to make a decision about school..

I am feeling less then ordinary this morning.. ids love to share everything but their toys

Morning,
    Teena- just jump back in where we are hun
    Lauren- I am feeling your decaffeinated pain!! You poor deprived thing
    Nic- Bet Olivia looves sitting ff. Ty's not even 8 kilos yet so we are going to be rf for a while yet.
    Well, be careful what you wish for... Ty only woke once last night. And had half a feed and went back to sleep. Only two hours till dr's appointment. The waiting is killing me.
    What position do all the bubs sleep in? Ty's taken to sleeping on his stomach and it scares me, with the SIDS thing.
    I'm sitting here expressing milk atm. I have a staff meeting to go to tomorrow morning, have to leave the house at 6:30 (omg) so I need milk to leave. Hopefully dh can get the day off otherwise it's an early morning drop off at the mil's. And would you believe I expressed a full 150 ml feed last night and then dropped the expreesor and it went all over the kitchen floor... grrrr.
    Hope you all have a good day. i'll jump back on and post our results after we go to the dr's.

Lori - Ash slept on his tummy for Agessss, now is on his back cos he can settle like that now. i think the sids worry is more for newborns????

Lori: Olivia has slept on her tummy since she was a week old. She sleeps on a angelcare monitor though so I hav that reassurance. she simply would not settle on her back or side at all..

quiet day!! wish it was so at my house..

It is quiet now but I have had the worst day with Jacob and Isaac..

Olivia was good.. 2 times 2 hour naps.. She is snuggled with daddy at the moment cus she woke up coughing

HAPPY 7 MONTHS MY LITTLE BUBBA!!! - ohh how sad yet we get so excited when they do more grown up things..

I brought Ash a car dvd player last night! getting it today.. i sooo hope he likes it!
    Last night was a bit better night, still windy but i managed to get him to 7am!

nic - yay on the sleeps! i would love 2 hour sleeps during the day!!

Did anyone end up using Brauer colic relief ????? i might start using it at night, Infants friend made him worse..

Oo Happy 7 months Little man

I got great sleep yesterday and she slept almost all night. Olivia woke at 10:30 coughing but cuddles from Daddy was enough.. I didn't feed her from 7:30 till 4:30.. Little tired now from my day starting at 4:30 but oh well.. Boys are starting to go feral already!!

I posted earlier today but the post must not have worked!!! grrrr

Buzzie - Congrates on Ash crawling. It is really exciting when our bubs develope a new skill. Believe me it is just as exciting with Loren as it was with DD1. Although I found the grandparents not to be as excited, as Loren is grandchild number 4 iykwim. Happy 7months too!!!

OMG I forgot what I posted last time and my brain is mash.

Lori - I hope Ty gets better and bummer about spilling your ebm.

Teena - Hi lovely.

Hi to everyone else. Boy it is cold and miserable in Brisbane today, I think we are in for our week of winter this week!!!!

Some advice needed please. Loren's sleeping is going from bad to very bad. I am at my witts end. We have improved day sleeps a lot but night time is just getting me down. I am averaging 3 hours per night for upto 4 nights. She'll throw in a good night every now and then. A good night is 2 wake ups and quick resettles, but a bad night (like last night) is waking every 2 hours from8pm till 4am. I can only seem to settle her by holding her and then putting her down. I have tried not picking her up and just patting her but she gets so irrate that the neighbours can hear her....no jokes she screams and screams. Should I just try the whole control cry thing or just put up with it? Dh thinks I should put her down later at night. What time do your bub's do to bed. From memory I used to put Sara down at 7.30pm, she'd wake for a 9.30 feed and then sleep until 5.30/6am.

HI Bekz,
    so sorry to hear your having issues at night with Loren. TBH it sounds like what our nights are like so at least you've got company in that. I'm also over it, but can't see what to do really. I'm hopeful that by the time she's 2 she'll be able to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. I'm kind of facing the same sort of dilemma of whether to try to teach Ella to be able to put herself to sleep.
    I dunno whether the control crying thing would help. I know that Ella wouldn't respond very well to it. Even the comfort settling which is way more responsive (listening to the tone of the cry) I didn't feel would work for her - she's never ever been able to settle herself if she's upset.
    I have the book 'no cry sleep solution' which is a fabulous read, but I was looking for dummy removal techniques at the time and can't recall what she says about the situation you're in. It might be worth browsing thru at the book shop if you can.
    We take Ella to bed with us now. Lovley, altho dunno whether that's creating another problem. I also have a cot in our room, but tbh she's hardly gone in that. Wants the cuddling to settle I think.
    Could you try to implement self-settling strategies in the day sleeps if they're better? I'm just starting to do that now (putting her down awake, stay with her & pat or whatever til she's asleep). Tbh I'd probably rather cuddle her & it's quicker, but I'm getting sick of having to be up to settle in the night time.
    We don't have a very consistent bed time - I try to get her down by 7.30 at the latest, but it really does vary depending on what has happened with other feeds/sleeps during the day. I know the book above says that babies really should be in bed by I think around 7 pm b/c they're wired for it & it should enhance their night time sleep. But who knows. Every baby's different anyway. Is it possible she's getting too much sleep tho in the day? How much does she sleep & how long for ? This age should be 2 longish naps & another catnap (in total). I'm no expert obviously, as Ella's certainly not sleeping well, but those ar emy thoughts for what they're worth.

Lauren, forgot to say with the caffeine thingy, my LC said it would be OK to have something eg. cup of tea straight after a feed as it would be out of my system by the time I feed her again. Hope this helps!

BekZ - we've got a screamer at the moment too. Screams and screams like someone's twisting her leg off or something. It's only at night, so I can't quite figure it out. I do recall Tallon having some bad nights at this age.. usually had to do with teeth. Kayla won't always feed when she's like this either, i just have to hold her tight and pat her bum, she eventually goes back off to sleep. I'm hoping it's just one of those things that will pass.

Will be back later when I have some time

Oh, and re the controlled crying. i can't see that working when they're already distressed. Seems a bit mean IMO. Kayla is pretty good at putting herself to sleep, so I know if she's needing cuddles to resettle then there's probably something wrong, or she just needs me at that time. It could well be an age thing seeing as a few of us are suffering together! I would put Kayla in our bed, but I worry that Tallon is going to come crashing in and squash her LOL. Her cot is right next to me anyway like an extension of our bed, so it's close enough.
    Last edited by Liz; July 23rd, 2008 at 08:05 PM.

Bek.. in my opinion controlled crying doesn't work..I have left them to cry when I need to but I won't do it otherwise.. Does she sleep on her tummy or back? when Olivi does have a spac attack as I call it.. I stop trying to put her to sleep.. I turn on lights and get up.. I either just play with her or leave her be and jump on the net or wash dishes lol.. thats what i was doing at 3am the other morning

Had a good day Olivia wise.. She slept so much (sorry bek will try send you some)

I am actually too tired to type more. so night night.. Day started at 4:22am.. and no resting 8yawn*

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast