Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #19

Hi all,
    Nic- Glad you had such a good day

Liz- Oh don't tell me you haven't slept through for 2 and a half years, I might cry. We are back to our same old horrible slept patterns. The developemental thing makes sense but- it would explain why I almost have to hold Ty down in his cot to get him to go to sleep- he's got a thing for pushing up onto his knees and the top of his head at the moment. looks painful. Good luck with your washing. I hate using my dryer but I have a load in ther at the moment.

Jus- for you. I know it's hard. Let's sell them on Ebay and go on a holiday to Bali with the profits hey?

Hmmm a very boring houseworky day here. I'm even going to try and make a lasagna for dinner Very Stepford of me.

morgan78 Guest

Yep have to agree that sleep is not happening here either day or night
    Vicky has decided that she'll only sleep properly during the day if I hold her, putting her in the cot and shes awake within 15mins and nights argh! she was brilliant for ages then since Thursday its getting worse and worse...falls asleep with bf put her in bed and 5 mins later crying, cuddle her to sleep put her down wakes up straight away, pick up straight asleep put down awake straight away...so last night i sat there patting & shushing for an hour (OMG) and finally went to sleep only to wake at 2am for a feed and instead of going straight back to sleep as before the same crap as before. Then crying at 4am cause her teeth were bugging her. Plus Alex is calling out again around 1am - Will be sooooooooooooooooo glad when this improves somewhere between now and the next 5 years.
    Happy 7 Months to my little girl

Nic - Glad to hear the boys loved their party.
    Jus

liz- dairy in general.. ill hunt down the rice milk.....

Hugs Morgan - I had a very similar night last night with both Sara and Loren up an down. I literally saw each hour tick over until 6am and then I got to sleep for 2 hours. Of course this made my late for playgroup, but omg I needed that 2 hours. I am on my second coffee for the day and it is not helping...

Buzzie - Are you going off dairy for you or for Ash? Only asking because you won't see an immediate improvement. You really need to be off it strictly for 1 month. This is what I have to do when my allergies flare up. I usually go dairy free for 3 months at a time.

Bekz - it is supposed to be for Ash, but the chiro was never REALLY strict. Said if i wanted to wait till after treatment and if he was still not improving then try going off dairy, but i went all out and just did everything to make it better.
    Is soooo confusing what is right tho because Ash is fine during the day at passing wind its just night time, so he doesnt have a HUGE issue as if it was 24-7.
    But going off caffiene has done nothing. he has always been a very good sleeper so with no caffiene hasnt improved him sleeping hes just waking up crying cos he cant pass wind at night time. And i very rarely ate dairy in the first place, like very a piece of cheese in my sandwich, very rarely a coffee with milk or eggs.. etc... so i was talking to mum today about it and we were thinking maybe its just the frequent feeding at night time and lying down. (because hes fine the second we get up in the morning!) I ve started getting him sleeping in his cot durning the day now which is fantastic and there decent sleeps well 45mins, but better than 10mins waking up looking to see if im still in the room. Anyway i think maybe its just time to get really strict and night time in is cot and putting the dummy in rather the constant boobie comfort...... see if that makes a difference..

Im getting alot more confident with his solids.. finally!!! hes having more of what I eat and seems to enjoy it, mind you he smooshed more of his toast than he ate this morningand didnt gag once but hes still gagging with his chunky lunches but is great with pureed tin stuff! i just hate giving him that stuff...i dont feel like a real mum unless i make my own stuff LOL sounds silly i know.. hehe

Does anyone else just buy the tins/jars or is everyone making there own food??

morgan78 Guest

Lauren - We are homemade only here, but its easy as Vicky will eat anything so i just give pieces of whatever veg we have a night or just mash it together roughly with the masher, brekkie is bellamy's baby porridge which i just add some mashed banana to & lunch is normally a few pieces of apple & pear. What i do especially at dinner is cooked at little extra veg and put a couple of extra serves in the freezer for lazy days
    I bought a jar the other week as i had nothing in the freezer and we were super late getting home - i couldn't get over how tasteless it was - lamb and 3 veg - it tasted like cardboard (JIMO) so I wont be doing it again. Alex never had jars/tins if we were out longer than planned i'd buy banana and/or avo and give him that.
    Just my personal take on it and I dont have any issues with other people using those products - im just lucky enough to have the time to make my own.

Hey everyone, thanks for the reality check. At least I'm not in it alone on the sleep front. and it does sound like the weekend was a shocker because of some kind of 'wonder week' action. would love to read that book...
    So sorry that no-one else is getting much sleep either.
    Prob extra hormonal atm & so not coping v. well. Just have to keep hanging in there one day at a time.
    thinking about getting rid of the dummy again tho! hmmm. dunno.

to all the otehr sleep deprived mummies.

Lauren, Ella's wind did improve when I reduced the feeds, altho I don't think I was feeding as often as you. Reducing the no. of feeds made her feed better & therefore get more hindmilk & reduce the lactose overload which is a problem. Ella's still a bit of a windy bub on the whole, so I think it's just her / slightly sensitive gut, altho not the same probs you've got with Ash at night. I'm still wondering about going off dairy again tho & seeing if it improves night sleep.

On the solids front, I'm giving anything I can get my hands on. Am cooking for her, but because she's so fussy, not cooking much b/c she may not eat it, so lots of jar / package foods while we find out what she'll actually eat. Prefer to home cook, but we're going for reality here!

Hey Nic, just remembered something else she'll eat - the first thing she actually opened her mouth for - a heinz fruit custard that comes in packs of 4 tubs. Maybe Olivia will take that?

Found a new brand of organic/dairy free rusks (& other stuff I think) called "holle" at our local big chemist. Might be worth you looking for for ash Lauren.

Hope this all helsp & everyone's week going OK. Gotta go pay the baby some attention. just got home from work (aka my 'day off')

Hi all,
    What a long painful day. i made the mistake of drving 45 minutes away to go shopping with a friend. Ty screamed the whole way there, screamed the whole hour we were there and thedn screamed the whole way home. Just major back arching tanties because he didn't want to go in the carseat, get out of the car seat, get in the pram, get out of the pram, have hos bum changed, etc. I have a pounding headache.

Lauren- I mostly make my own but I tried that Raffertys stuff the yesterday, the purple one, which was yum and I'm gonna try the yellow one tomorrow. Ty also had some of the fruit gels at Jus' place the other day so I've bought one of those too. And we do the packet baby cereal as well. ikwym about the night wind from laying down and constant feeds- I think that it part of Ty's night problem as well.

Hope everyone's night is better than last night!!

olivia eats !!!! WOOT

I bought another Rafferty's thing and we gave her some of that then I cooked some pumpkin, sweet tata and broccili and added some of the store bought stuff and she ate.. AND then I bought some new type of rusks.. They are for 12 months but I didn't know till I got home and they are like a cruskit but sort of softer.. Anyways she ate 2.. She loved them...

Even I liked them We bought a bike trailer today.. I went bike riding... Olivia is still to small but it was so nice to get out and about like that again with Isaac and Jacob and Ethan...

Well my big man is turning 9 in a few hours.. 12:10am on the 30th july.. Amazing.. 9 years!!

Happy Birthday to Ethan wow 9~! scary.

Well intresting night - It was GREAT. Much better sleep and I protested yesterday and ate a block of chocolate and had a caffiene filled cuppa and Ive never felt better LOL i was sooooo tired not having caffiene and Ash slept better than before, and yes LESS NIGHT TIME BOOBIES!!!!! i think i have finally found the answer! he is a constant feeder so i pushed him over to one side of the bed so he couldnt be so close to my chest and maybe that worked, plus i pushed his sleep time back to 7pm to tire him out... fingers crossed it wasnt a one off!

Fingers crossed Lauren!! bet that coffee and chocolate was perfect

Olivia slept.......715pm till 5:50am **dances** but GRR Jacob woke at 1 and 4 !!

Ethan is happily playing with his Star wars transformers Those bleepin things were doing my head in He made me transform them.. SO all you mummies with boys (and maybe girls) start practising transformers now

I can't believe my baby is 9!! next year he will be double digits *gasp*

I also have to mention.. Today is one year since my Grandmum left us We miss her so much..

ohh nic for your grandmum. Im lucky to have not lost any loved ones before. Im still worried about my pops tho

Speaking of grandmothers, Ash got icecream last night for dessert! lol i was soo worried about the milk side as he has not had normal milk yet...but he kept opening his mouth for more and was in heaven! but he was fine was just a little and his teeth were hurting so it was ok.

well if it fixed his toothy pain

Olivia was on FIL's lap the other day and he was eating a lolly and Olivia of course was very interested and he asked if she could have some lol At least he asked i suppose

He kept saying but she really wants some . hmm I don't think so.. she won't eat her veges LMAO!!

oh and OMG Olivia has been getting up on her hands and feet this morning. and getting her knees under her and rockeing.. soooooo cute

Hehe - tallon only had his first lolly pop a few haircuts ago from the hairdresser! He used to play with jellybabies like they were toys too.. never knew you could eat them LOL. Was always a bit clueless at parties! even now tho he'll go for the fruit plate and not the lollies

As for jars of baby food.. at my baby shower with Tallon we played a game of guess the flavours.. and OMG they were ALL revolting!!! I vowed never ever to feed my baby those jars of food. The only ones I've ever used are the plain fruit purees and plain veg. But usually I have icecubes of my own cooked fruit & veg, and then eventually they move onto having what we're having mushed on the plate. So I don't use a lot of the jars of food at all. Even when we go out, I usually just grab a couple of icecubes in a bowl with a lid, and it doesn't matter if they defrost a little bit, and usually there's a microwave to heat it up.

Morning all,
    Nic- Happy birthday to Ethan!! about your grandmum too

Lauren- Bet that chocolate was the best you ever had! I hope the sleep is not a one off for you too.

Liz- lol, those pureed meat baby foods just don't look right, I can only imagine how they would taste. Yuck.

I just don't know what to do with Ty at the moment. He is so grumpy and out of sorts. He should be feeling better by now, and the doc checked him over and his nose, throat, ears etc are fine. He's just chucking big tanties and getting really frustrated with everything (including me). People used to comment on how happy he was, and now I have to put in so much effort just to get him to smile I miss my happy boy. What if he's just going to be a grumpy bum forever now? The thought of it nearly makes me cry. And getting him to sleep during the day is still just impossible. He screams and screams and forces his eyes open even while they're rolling back in his head because he is so tired. Doesn't seem to matter if I pat him or rock him or try to feed him off, he still screams.I had to walk out of his room this morning and leave him to cry for two minutes because I was getting so cranky, saying to him 'Ty you are so tired, why won't you just go to SLEEP?????'.
    I'm just at the end of my rope here

Lori! I have done that too.. Olivia has her moments like that and I just put her in her cot and walk away! Some days its all you can do..

Oh poor little Ty. Hope he feels better soon. And yeah - sometimes you just have to walk away to calm down. Recommended right before your ready to throw them across the room! hehehe. It certainly doesn't help the situation if we're getting stressed about it, so yup, leaving them to cry for a minute is often the lesser of two evils!

Well, we're having 2hr blocks of sleep at night. I guess it's an improvement. She has a massive sleep in the morning tho.. so i know she can do it! *sigh*.

I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon.. getting a new do. No idea what yet, but at the moment it's just long and straight with a fringe (booooring!).. there are some subtle layers in there, but you can't really see them, so hopefully I'll have the guts to just go for it today. hehe. And hopefully the kids will behave.. really miss my mum at these times!

oh dear I am supposed to be working right now but Loren has other ideas and won't go to sleep!!!!

Nic - Happy Birthday to Ethan. Hugs to you regarding your Grandma's anniversary. I remember what you went through last year. My Granddad died in July last year. Boy the time goes quick. I have one grammy left and I hope she does not die when I am pregnant next. All of my grandparents have died when I have been pregnant. At least my kids have heaps of angles to look after them!!!!

Re food. I make 90% of Loren's food. Although the bought food has really improved since miss Sara was a bub so I will give Loren plain puree veg or fruit from time to time. I did a huge cook up yesterday so we have a couple of weeks of supply in the freezer. I basically do what Liz does.

Liz - Sara used to play with jelly beans too. She did not have a lolly until she was 2yo...Tis a bit hard now she is older, plus my sil feeds her kids [email protected] all the time so Sara wants what they have when we are togethher.

Lori - Hugs sweety. I agree some times you just needto walk away. I have done this so many times and now Loren will go to sleep by herself at times.

bbl...miss Loren is going to bed

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast