Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #19

Hi everyone, just sending a quick message, i have just found out my pops has passed away in hospital an hour ago so my family is very upside down atm. So I may not be online for awhile. They live in adelaide so ill mose likely be going to his funeral - I think they happen pretty soon, i have never been through this before. It still doesnt feel real.

Buzzie

Hugs Buzzie. My deapest sympathies for your family's loss

Lauren!! thinking of you and your family

morgan78 Guest

My condolences Lauren Our thoughts are with you at this time.

*hugs* Lauren. Give Kelly a hug from us too.

hi girls, esp Buzzie - my sympathies -

I am so sorry I haven't posted for so long - my work has a no posting on forums using work PCs rule and the keyboard we have at home is cheap and nasty so it is painful to type (how DH managed to write his thesis on it is BEYOND me!!)

But I have been trying to keep up with everyone's news, just so busy at work and in the evenings I just want to cuddle my boys

will try posting some pics onthe BB photo section

Buzzie and Kelly, I am so sorry to hear about your pop.

Morning!!

Olivia won't stay in one spot lol.. I put her here and 2 seconds later she is over there.. roll roll rolll.. So funny to watch.. we have all 4 rocking action happening. hands and feet action as well..

tooth 3 and 4 are pushing their way through as well.. so it is all happening here this week..

Lauren, I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your pop. Huge hugs to you and your family at this sad time

Nic, sounds like all systems go with Olivia atm. Do they never stop ?? Happy Birthday to Ethan!! Hugs on your Grandmums anniversary too hun

Rory, I'm not as busy with work as you are, but I'm struggling to keep up in here lately too. I read but just don't get the time for a decent post. Hope you and the boys are going well. BTW love your new FB pics.

Liz, I hope your haircut turned out nice. I am hanging for a good cut and colour. Just never seem to have the spare $$ for it. That's got to be one crap thing about long hair. You have to pay twice the money to have it done. Hope you got a better night in lastnight.

LoriRae, was that you or me that just wrote your post. I swear that is Abbey lately. Although she still smiles easily enough, she is just so damn grumpy and whingy all the time, seriously does my head in. Huge hugs huni, I know how frustrating it is. Esp with little sleep for a break from them too.

DP went in for his vasectomy on Tues, so I guess we can safely say now, no more babies for me..... Unless I find another man He is a little sore and bruised but he'll survive. And let me tell you, I know why it is that women were designed to have the babies.... Far out, it's only a little cut !!

Best go, Abbey is whinging AGAIN. Noah has his sports carnival today. Joy. Just what I want to do. Sit out in the freezing cold with Abbey all day.

Hi to everyone I have missed. Hope you are all doing well.

aww I love your new ticker and the shirts the girls are wearing!!

Enjoy sports day

*sigh* anohter rotten night here. My current theory (gosh... there's so many ) is it's the rice cereal upsetting her tummy. I actually bought a porridge/meusli thing the other day (can't remember LOL) so I will try her on that I think. Poor Tallon spent an hour trying to get me out of bed this morning, but I just couldn't, so he sat next to me in bed, getting in an out of the blankets, crying for breakfast, but I just soooo couldn't get up. Poor little man. Of course Kayla slept right through it all.. and is STILL asleep. I just don't get it. Maybe she's cold? Maybe she's scared of the dark?? i guess I should be grateful she's still happy all day and sleeps fairly well through the day.

Trish - my haircut was only $35.. is that good? or is that still expensive? I think it's cheap coz I used to get my hair cut in the city for about $80 LOL. It's turned out ok.. it's now just below my shoulders and got layers everywhere. I now can't tie it back tho, and I've got layers flopping all over my face! I blow dried it straight this morning to see what it's like.. it's ok.. but it's all over my face! Gotta get used to it. But it'll look nice just scrunched at the back too. Not sure I love it yet tho LOL.

Well, I should go. Feel like I've got a gazillion things to do today. Should sit and write my to-do list. It probably feels like more coz it's swimming through my head!

Hi all,
    Lauren- I'm so sorry for your loss. Condolences for you and your family.

Nic- Go Olivia, clever girl!! We've got rocking action going on here too

Liz- Hope your hair turned out well. I actually managed to go and get mine trimmed yesterday arvo. Planning on doing a home dye job tonight.

Trish- So glad it's not just me Love your new ticker.

Well Ty must have known mummy was on edge yesterday and ended up having three naps- two for an hour and a half So he was a bit happier yesterday which was a relief. Only four days till his christening. The mil is paying for us all (60 of us) to have lunch at a nice resturant afterwards so it's a party with no cleaning up or preparing the house for company and I'm very excited
    Hope you all have a fabulous day. I'm off to mum's group for the first time in a month and I'm excited about that too A very excited me today!!

ETA- Liz we posted at the same time. $35 is pretty good for a haircut. Mine was $26 but that was mates rates.

Hi all,
    Lauren, so sorry for your loss. Hope the funeral is a great celebration of his life and a good chance to look after each other. I'm sure Ash will bring much joy.

Trish, good to hear from you again. Ella's been a bit whingey lately too. I'm wondering if it's teeth.

Liz - so rotten! we're having crappy nights here too. have finally decided miss needs to learn how to go to sleep. poor kid is confused cos sometimes we cuddle, sometimes take her to bed, sometimes shush/pat. survival. But she can't even sleep when she's in bed with us, and we've been up for hours each night over the past week especially. So now, staying in her cot and i'm shushing / patting til she's asleep. saw slight improvement last night. only took an hour to go back to sleep, and then up every hour after that. but for the first time she stayed in bed til 7 (usually 5 am - I so know that feeling of just not being able to get up - we have a bag of toys next to the bed so she plays while I doze til she's too grumpy with it!)

haircuts..grrr.... $35 is way cheap. I just paid an amount I'm not even going to tell you & we couldn't really afford and it still looks crap because even tho they did a good job (esp colour) I haven't got any time to do it properly. so there's a lesson for me. ditch the vanity and go somewhere cheap seeing as it'll be in a ponytail anyhow. I feel like that episode of seinfeld? or friends? hairdresser betrayal tho - as I know them really well now & taught their daughters. oh dear.

ella's been making progress on her crawling skills. she does push ups on her toes trying to get somewhere (nowhere!), and yesterday discovered that she could also bend her knees. that led to her headbutting the carpet (which must have hurt cos she cried even tho I went 'yay'), and she had carpet graze poor kid.

off to mummy's group with Lori. can't wait to see all the other bubs. they must be teenagers by now!

have a great day all!

Liz: will have to go check out your hair. I got mine cut in May and I am still getting used to it. I wear head bands now cus I can't stand hair in my face

I hope Kayla starts sleeping better for you. Being so tired is not fun when you have other kids. You need a 9 yr old Ethan will get the other kids breaky if I have had a bad night.. I am semi awake but I just can't get up..

Lori: So glad you got a better day with Ty.. I hope you both feel refreshed today

Jus: sorry but lol at the carpet graze.. Poor baby and you say yay... I did the same thing though.. We sit there going oh yay Livi and she looks at us like we are mad!!

Olivia is sitting in her high chair next to me drinking out of her cup and eating a rusk.. she looks so grown up now.

We have the wind issues starting up again since starting solids again but I am going to stick it out this time.. Olivia woke twice last night but I think the first time her mouth was hurting heaps.. tooth 4,5,6 and really pushing on her gums..

anyways best go..

Wow everyone has popped in today. Hi ya to Trish and Rory!!!!!

Busy morning here. Loren had an ok night and she woke at 6.15am for a feed (from 8.30 last night) so I stayed up and got on the treadmill. Wonders never cease to amaze me I actually exercised. Then I hung out 4 loads of washing and took the girls to the park. Finally I have sat on my butt!!!! Although miss Sara will not sleep again. She is dropping her day sleeps "sigh". Sara woke with a cough this morning and has been coughing all day. She also has a funny rash on her face. It looks like excema.

Jus/Liz - Regarding the sleep issues. All I can say it that Loren is heaps better now that I stick to a set routine. (Touch wood). For most day sleeps she drifts off by herself and night time she is getting better. She still wakes at 11pm, 2am and some times 4am but I am persisting and doing the same settling each time. She seems to now know that when I put the bag on her and her music that I mean business. Some times she fusses, other times screams and sometimes just drifts off. I can't beliew how much only 1 week of being consistant has paid off.

Nic - OMG all those teeth coming at once and Olivia has decided to practice crawling!! I hope you she is not too unsettled for you.

Lori - How is Ty?

BTW Loren is starting to wear size 0. I only tried size 0 on her 2 weeks ago and they were way too big, now the bonds 0 fits perfectly...go figure hey. I get sad when I need to put away clothes. It means I may never use them again.....

Re haircuts: $35 is cheap. I just paid $45 at my local hairdresser. Being a ex hairdresser I was pleasantly surprised that I got a good cut. I can't afford the colour side so I will get DH to put some foils in for me. I haven't been in the salon for 6 years now and we used to charge $60 for ladies and $45 for men, albeit I worked in an up market dayspa so those prizes were a big higher than normal.
    Last edited by BekZ; July 31st, 2008 at 01:37 PM.

Hehe.. strict routine is a no go here, coz I can't stick to it.. let alone expecting Kayla to stick to it! LOL. But I find it's not getting her to sleep that's the problem. When she shows tired signs, she gets wrapped and put to bed, and usually puts herself to sleep quite easily (so we have a routine I guess for sleeping.. just not a timed routine if that makes sense). But at night, she's waking for feeds (she's too distracted through the day ) And this morning at 4, I could just tell it was her tummy. So I don't think it's a routine thing here, just that she's unsettled with either her tummy or her teeth. I am starting to believe being in our room is waking her too.. so I -may- setup her cot in DS's room and give that a try.

Aah, we'll survive. i survived it with Tallon. Just need a few early nights to catch up on a few zz's and I'll be raring to go again I cope with simple feed wakings.. just not the screaming ones.

Oh, I've been meaning to say too, re the tummy troubles only at night.. this may or may not be related, but is interesting. When my dad had his liver cancer, he was told by his naturopath that at sunset your skin shuts off, so your body uses the bowel & bladder more overnight to rid the toxins. He was very jaundiced and that can cause awful itchiness as the body uses the skin to try and rid the toxins.. but they managed to control it with a gazillion pills. Anyway... my point being.. that could be why our bubs have more tummy trouble at night because the body rhythms could be moving their bowels & bladders more at night! (chalk that up as another Liz theory LOL)

Liz - We don't have strict routine by the clock it is more of a ritual if you like. For example curtains closed, music on etc and I have been using the same method to settle her. Additionally I have not chopped and changed between cot and our bed.

Bekz night time wind therory. Gas builds up over the course of the day and if bub doesn't burb after a feed then the wind moves done to the bowels and stays there until bub is relaxed (as in asleep). When bub is relaxed their body decides it is time to get rid of the wind, this usually wakes bub up.Then we add food to the mix and it is compounded.

Therefore if you can identify which food is creating gas then feed to bub in the morning, always burb bub and maybe do some tummy massage and try a course of baby probiotics.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast