... 89101112 ...

thread: Babies Born December 2007 #26

Apr 2008
    redbank plains

Hi girls,
    i know i should spend as much time on here as i do on facebook. i would never fall behind that is for sure. So much has happened but not all of it is relevant
    Lauren - i know what you mean i pulled my kids from a daycare centre not so long ago for a similar thing only they kept putting ethan to sleep all day long! Now they are in family daycare which i am finding alot better.
    Charlie broke his toe so we have had some fun and games in that department. Alex started that national test thing today so he is stressed out, but Jack is excited cause he gets to go to his first birthday party on the weekend.
    Sorry guys have to run cause charlie has just came home. Will try to get on more. I want to hear when the bubs come - lol i love babies too much i think.
    Catch up soon

Add aussienic on Facebook

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Hiya Bek Sorry to hear the sickes are at your house again.. Are you guys on multi vitamins? I find when my kiddos and I get sick we hit the vitamins

Hi There Jas. I spend way to muich time on FB now to.. Although not as much since I have to use this ancient computer.. lol..

Well im in a mood. Can't seem to shake this ****iness. Lack if sex I reckon yeh I know TMi but oh well gotta have a whinge to someone

Olivia is asleep at the moment *sigh* first sleep of the day too. So who knows what time she will go to bed tonight. Hoping no later then 9 cus I want to go to bed early tonight

Well hope everyoine is well..

scuse typos

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Hiya Bek Sorry to hear the sickes are at your house again.. Are you guys on multi vitamins? I find when my kiddos and I get sick we hit the vitamins

Hi There Jas. I spend way to muich time on FB now to.. Although not as much since I have to use this ancient computer.. lol..

Well im in a mood. Can't seem to shake this ****iness. Lack if sex I reckon yeh I know TMi but oh well gotta have a whinge to someone

Olivia is asleep at the moment *sigh* first sleep of the day too. So who knows what time she will go to bed tonight. Hoping no later then 9 cus I want to go to bed early tonight

Well hope everyoine is well..

scuse typos

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

where is everyone hiding these days

Add Buzzie on Facebook

Apr 2003
    Wantirna- Vic

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEKZ!!
    And 31 weeks OMG!! not long to go!!

Im still here and with some GREAT news.. Went to see the sleep school lady and OMG i am still in shock, after talking to her about everything thats been happening with Ash she just blurted out exactly what he had and why and how to fix it and handed me a piece of paper describing it and i was reading it going.. yes.. yes .. yes,. yes.. ****!! ive spent 16 months with this and you have told me in 15 mins he has this problem.
    He has what is called confusal arousal. which is basically not being able to obviously settle but when he gets to his light sleep he sorta of wakes but doesnt. Its like hes body is but not his mind so babys can scream and cry and throw there legs around in frustration and so all the time ash was doing that its not pain at all but being frustrated. And it says they are non responsive to even a parent because they arent even awake enough to recgonise who is holding them. And the funnist part was, i said to her on his worst night i would have to wake him up and go sit in the lounge or something as when he woke up he stopped and seemed fine. On the piece of paper it said, babies often wake in the morning as if nothing has happened, they wont even remember the night occured. OMG!! This piece of paper was like reading my nights journal.. kid you not! lol

So anyways last night was my first night trying some new techniques and as everytime he wakes he has boobie - atm about 5 times a night. i didnt know how else to comfort him. So anyway she said that has to stop as its his comforter getting to sleep and he needs to do it on his own - obviously - so with her advice i have to cut back to 3 feeds for 4nights then 3 then 2 then 1. and strictly no feeds before bed, must go down on his own. So anyways he did wake 5 times durning the nights but only had 2 BOOBIES!!! whooot!! lol i managed to comfort the other times and get through the crying, which wasnt really that long. But she said i can still co-sleep as we are taking one step at a time and i think once hes starting to get off the boobies at night ill just see what happens.

well im excited about that!! better get ready for work now i guess... ho humm.... 7 am and have to wake ash up whos fast asleep... go figure!!

Apr 2008
    Sydney,NSW.

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEK, have a lovely day!

Hi to everyone,i quickly read through the post......hope all mum`s & bubs are good.

All is well at my end,Kieren is learning new words everyday.....& I get him out to our local park to play & mix with other kids,when it`s nice and sunny,he loves it,he`s a real social little boy,loves to play with other`s.

Take care everyone,Cheers.
    (PS) Face Book......mmm.....those games...PML!

Apr 2008
    The Purple House, Sydney

I'm here just not too much interesting to say

Happy Birthday Bek!!!!

Just cruising along here. We did put Ty into his toddler bed over the weekend- I wanted him to forget about the cot before the new bubs has to go into it. He handled it like a pro. Think it helped that he dropped one sleep at the same time, so was super tired at nap and bed time.

Susan- hi hun, how are you? i have been thinking about you lately. Glad to hear you guys are all going well

Lauren- That is fantastic news, hope you get the sleep issues sorted soon. I'll be in the same boat myself in not too long- we have to stop co sleeping before the new baby arrives That will be a bit sad.

Like, i said, not much going on here... ho hum...

Apr 2008
    redbank plains

Just stopped in to say
    Happy Birthday Bek.
    That is great about the sleep clinic Lauren hope it helps him. My eldest has a sleep problem of waking up and lashing out yelling and stuff he has nearly grown out of it now though.
    Nicole - hope you are able to get more action soon lol cant be good to be deprived.
    Lori glad to hear that ty has taken to his new bed like a pro that is great news
    Susan glad to hear that Kieren is coming along so well. Dont you love it when they learn a new word.
    Gotta run but will check in shortly

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

why oh why do kids need to be so loud in the mornings?? Livi woke at 4:10am but thank goodness she went back to sleep cuddled up on the couch. I didn't sleep much though just dozed. Between Simon getting ready for work and the outside noise (read neighbours making hella lot of noise) ah well.. Life goes on..

Hope everyone is having a good week

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

I could just retype my above post almost exactl the same lol. Kids were ALL up by 5:30 and gosh they make some noise.

Olivia is just to loud in the mornings and is always running down the hall trying to wake her brothers.. She yells BRUVERS at the top of her lungs. Whiles it pretty darn cute doesn't she know I don't want the boys awake just yet lol..

Anyways come on girls where are you all?

BellyBelly Member
    Add kitten2b on Facebook

Feb 2005
    canberra

I am here sort of - Fia had a stomach bug, gave it to DH, he has given it to me and he is in Rocky for a week so whilst I took the kids out of the house for most of the weekend, I get to be sick with 2 kids in a very small unit with no help. Thankgod the kids have been good.

Oh I went to the baby expo on Sunday and saw Trish

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Ah Rocky.. Thats an hour away from me.. What is he doing up this way? (if you don't mind me asking)

Tummy bugs suck. I hope all these people with the sickes get better soon

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

I am around. I was reading the thread on the weekend but wasn't up to posting - I had a silly accident Thursday night and ended up with concussion and on some lovely strong pain killers, so my brain has not really been functioning the last few days

Olivia is hilarious at the moment. On Sunday DH asked her what the problem was (she was grizzling while in bed with us) and she turned to him and said 'no problem'

But now the poor little bubba is sick, it came on yesterday, so she is not her usual happy self. Last night she was sooooo miserable and just wanted to snuggle on the couch with her mummy. As much as I love cuddles with her I know when she cuddles in like that that it is not a good sign.... Hopefully after a restful day today she will be better and the panadol will kick in and help the temperature.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll try to be back in later when Olivia naps.

BellyBelly Member
    Add kitten2b on Facebook

Feb 2005
    canberra

nic - DH in in IT, he is working at a school up there for a week.

Alicia hope you are ok

Apr 2008
    Sydney,NSW.

Hi ladies,

Alcia-Gee hun,I hope your feeling more with it,lol....soon(joking) what happened to you,your lucky not have knocked yourself out,get better soon,& I hope Olivia is feeling better for you too,hugs.

Nic-Hi how are you going,did you get rid of your shoulder pain.....how are all the clan going,I know what you mean about the kids being noisey in the mornings.
    Kieren is really giving me the poop`s lately,he`s been wanting to get up at 5am,& I have the other young ones with Asthma,using the Nebuliser every 4-6 hours or when they wake me,lol.....but I`am so tired.
    Olivia sounds so funny Nic,such a little character,lol.

Kitten 2b-Hi sorry you have your girls sick too,it`s not much fun for any of us,never any rest for us Mummies. Hope you get some me time once DH,gets home.

Well,I`ve had a couple of busy weeks,I`ve had my exam`s & just finishing a weeks training course,I`ve been bored though,so will be happy to finish in August.
    My kids need me to be at home when their sick,they just don`t like to be left.

Well,take care everyone,hi to all the other`s,may all the bub`s get better very soon,hugs!

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Alicia I hope you are feeling better today as is Olivia

Susan: yes Olivia is a funny little thing. This morning Simon was getting her to say all our names.. Mummy, Daddy ect and when he got to Olivia she smiled and said MEEEE

Louise: Ah ok. I bet its warmer up here for him? Its cooling down for us though lol

Not much to report here. Yes got rid of my back ache and replaced it with another. Simon worked a knot out but in doing so it feels like he has bruised my back. Ah well it will go away eventually

Jul 2006
    Logan

Hello Ladies,

Nic - I hope your back gets better. Happy 18 months to Olivia

MoM - Sorry to hear you have a sick house hold. Get better soon.

Kitten - Ditto with your sick household too sweets.

Alicia - Get better soon Olivia

Lori - Whoot for Ty going into a toddler bed. I am not bothering with putting Loren into a big bed. I know she isn't ready.

Thanks for my Birthday wishes. I must say it was the [email protected] birthday but all is well now. Except that DH lost his big contract and are in the poor house majorly. Basically that company has gone under and they owe us 3 months worth of commission and all our current commission is still going into the company and we can't get our hands on it....Yes very stressful indeed.

Not what a mummy to be needs atm. So I have pulled miss Loren out of daycare. I just can't justify the cost plus I need some time with her before bub is born.

I put away the high chair yesterday and Loren is now sitting at the big table in a booster seat. She loves it and feeds herself with a spoon and folk..So cute.

Hi all and hugs

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

I am feeling more with it now

Poor Olivia is still really under the weather. I suspect it might be teeth, but she has never been like this before. She grizzled, whined and cried for all of yesterday and all of today. Plus last night she wouldn't sleep at all except with us in the big bed. It is all very unlike her. So far today I have managed to cook some soup but that is it as Livi has just wanted cuddles and attention constantly. Hopefully when she wakes up from her nap she will be cheerier but I am not holding out much hope....

It sounds like there are lots of sickies about at the moment.

Nic, Olivia looks so grown up in your ticker!

Bek, that is awful. A friend and her Dh are in pretty much the same situation at the moment so I know a bit about how stressful it is. How are things going with the little bub? Did you decide on a name?

Susan, I've forgotted what course you are doing, sorry, but I'm sorry to hear it is boring you. Is it something you are going to persue when you are finished?

Oh Pooh!!!!! I hear crying from Little Miss' room. Hopefull bbl.......

... 89101112 ...