123 ...

thread: Babies Born December 2007 #3

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

Babies Born December 2007 #3

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Link to last thread can be found HERE
    Last edited by Trillian; January 9th, 2008 at 08:15 AM.

Sep 2004
    Sydney's Norwest

Ohh goody, I get to go first

Nic, gorgeous pictures hun. Your kids are too cute. There is no way I'd get all 5 of mine that close for a picture. Not without punching and fighting. I love the smilie pic too. I managed to get one of Abbey on my mobile the other day but none on the camera just yet.

Haroula, it's good to have a baby that sleeps through noise. Noah and Tehya were always shocking sleepers, the phone, the toilet, voices, you name it, would wake them up. And when you have really poor sleepers you are so careful with the noise in the house. Soooo thankful that so far Abbey sleeps through a fair bit of noise.

Nikki, thats a great sleep. Your boobs would have been killing you by that time. Overnight I wouldn't stress too much on waking her, unless it's for your own comfort. She will make up for it when she wakes.

Alicia, good to hear that you had a better night. Might have been a combination of both the sleep and the infants friend, although I too believe that sleep promotes more sleep. Tehya was a very bad sleeper and we ended up at sleep school, while we were there and she was sleeping better in the day she was sleeping great at night. It was very short lived though for Tehya.

Mummytotwo, HI and welcome. Your DS is about the same age as Tehya. So I am hearing you on not having alot of time. You will get used to having the 2 little ones soon enough.

Anna, sure join in hun. As Nic said there are 5 of us December girls that had our babies in Nov. We just couldn't tear ourselves away from one another Congrats on the birth of Ripley and wtg on the breastfeeding. My second baby labour was around the same time as yours, not a bad effort hey.

Abbey has had a really good day today. She woke around 12ish I think, had a big feed and I finally got to bath her. She stayed awake for a little while on and off and had a couple more feeds and is back in bed now. She has been asleep since around 2.30ish. Probably recharging herself for this evenings scream fest.

DP has taken Noah and Tehya for a walk to the park so I am finally getting some peace. The 2 of them have been feral today. Probably from being copped up in the house.

Add aussienic on Facebook

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Thanks Trish. I try my best to get a good pic of all 4. It is mainly Jacob who is the terrible one LOL.. I bribed him by letting him hold Olivia and for once he was happy so snap snap away.. yesterday I was trying to get a pic of him but I was only allowed to take pics of his butt

Well Olivia must have known I was tired. She woke at 1:30 and hasn't let me put her down. She was fine if I was holding her but super grizzly if I wasn't.. So i just gave up and sat reclined on the couch with her. I dozed off. I know she didnt cus every now and then I would wake and fix her up as she was squirming.. now she is happy and has a more rested mumma

T-bone steaks cooked on the BBQ for dinner here tonight.. what are you guys having??

Sep 2004
    Sydney's Norwest

Nic, thats what I did today with Abbey. Tehya was asleep on the lounge but Abbey was awake so I put her on the boob and dozed with her there. Worked good for me until Noah came and woke me up. Little turd.

PMSL at Jacob and his bum pics. He sounds like one of my boys, actually my girl is like that too. See what happens when you have a girl after so many boys...

My photographer and gf msg'd me a few days back saying that she hoped to have Abbey's pics back from the lab this week. I hope so, I am itching to see them. And to see how much money I will be spending on them again...

Just uploaded some new pics to my gallery of Abbey and the other kiddies
    Last edited by Trish; January 8th, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

I have spent the afternoon trying to get a smile picture of Olivia but to no avail. Got heaps of photos of the huge amounts of faces she pulls all the time but didn't catch the smile :-( Olivia really is very expressive and constantly pulls faces and wriggles around.

Nic - Omlettes with bacon, tomato, mushrooms and fetta here tonight.

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

Cute pics Trish. Love the look Abbey is giving Joel.
    How do I get more than 8 photos in my gallery?

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Alicia: those are fun pics to have though.. I have so many of the kids different facial expressions and when Olivia gets older you will look back at them and smile

Trish: I bet you can't wait to get those photo's.. and great pics Trish.. I commented in there Tehya has the most gorgeous hair..

Olivia was so unsettled this afternoon.. no idea whats up.. I gave her some infants friend and she went straight to sleep.. so heres hoping she stays down for a few hours

I weighed her this afternoon and she is 4.82kg now up from 4.53 8 days ago.. way to grow my little Princess

BellyBelly Member
    Add kitten2b on Facebook

Feb 2005
    canberra

Nic - what a great weight gain

Trish - great photos

Jan 2006
    Melbourne

Hi girls - long time no post from me huh?

I have totally missed the last part of our thread so will start afresh. Nic the smile pics are great and Alicia I remember spendign ages trying to get Flynn's smile on camera. Nothing from Ollie yet though

Just realised today that I have to go back to work 2 days a week next month for sure. I was planning on at least 1 day a week in Feb but I did a finances check and 2 days it will have to be. Working 2 days just covers our basic expenses for the month.

Ollie is being a great sleeper so far - last night he fed at 9.30pm and woke for a feed at 4am and then again at 6am. I hope he stays that way once I start work!!

Sep 2004
    Sydney's Norwest

Dinner was spaghetti bolognese. DP made it. Was quite nice too.

Rory, sorry to hear that you are having to go back to work so soon. DP has recently found a second job to help keep our head above water. Great sleeping by Ollie there, clever little man that he is.

Thanks Louise How are the girls going ?

Nic, great weight gain for Oliva. Must be good booby juice. Yeah I have gotten used to Tehya's hair now and I love it too. she has gorgeous curls, God only know's where they come from though, we all have straight hair. I don't think they will last though, sadly

So is Infants Friend a miracle worker too ?? If it makes bub sleep it's a good thing. Hope you got a good nights sleep.

Alicia, the minute you put that camera down she will smile, happens all the time to me.

Abbey had a greta day yesterday, she slept for the most part of it. In the afternoon she fell asleep around 2.30ish and was still asleep at 7.30pm. We had no evening feral sceam attack, although it would seem that she did her night sleep then. She woke and I took her for a bath with Noah and I. Gave her boob in there and again when I got out. She settled for a while but woke as I was about to go to bed at 10.30, took me until 11.30pm to get her back off. Had a few feeds overnight and is sitting here in her rocker having a whinge now. She's had a big poo so is probably ready to go back to bed. Here's hoping

Jul 2007
    melbourne

Morning ladies!...

Love the pics... I've been trying to catch Chrissie with one of those smiles too!.. no luck yet!!

yesterday afternoon was good, slept lots and we had play time....! Didn't have a good night at all though! woke up at 11:30pm, fed her and then she slept off and on, was all grizzly and unsettled until about 4am, did a poo!! Then she slept until 7:45am!!... thankfully she is sleeping now and i've had breakie and a shower!... might go have a snooze on the couch while i can!!

glad to hear you all had better nights last night!

i know i missed this conversation..but that is Infant's friend??

xx

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Alicia: how was your dinner? It sure sounded nice

Rory: bugger gaving to go back to work so soon but you gotta do what you gotta do hey ... What a great Sleeper Ollie is

Trish: mm Spag bol.. We had that the other night although I didn't enjoy it.. usually I do. Isn't it nice when they sleep when you are at your busiest ie dinner bath bed time the downside is they wake when you are ready to rest or sleep happened here last night too...

Haroula: Infants friend seems to be a miracle cure for gassy babies I have used it will 4 of mine and I honestly swear by it. Only one person I have told about it said it didn't work for her son but did for her daughter. you can give it right from birth.. Is australian made and is natural there are other products out there but this is the only one I have ever used s I can't say whether the others are good or not..

ell Miss is smelly.. might be bath time

Jul 2007
    melbourne

ok now i know this is going to sound stupid! But how do you know if you have a gassy baby ????....

ohhh Chrissie sometimes had some tummy pains... or what i think are tummy pains and she scrunches herself up and goes bright red until she lets out some gas/poo....! does that classify??
    Last edited by Harri; January 9th, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

Nic - Dinner was delicious. For some reason DH is an omlette genius, they always taste better than mine.

Infants Friend does seem to be a miracle cure in our house. Since I started giving Olivia 10 drops just before feeding we are getting through the feed without her curling up and screaming because of wind. Hope it keeps working.

Last night was a better sleep again. Her and I fell asleep on the couch for about an hour then headed to bed at 12, fed and she was asleep by 12:30. She didn't wake til 6am so DH and I were pretty happy. Then she had a snack and went back to sleep in our bed for 2 hours.

Rory sorry to hear about you having to go back to work. At the moment I am worried about our finances too. Things would have been fine under normal circumstances but now we have all my doctors, surgeons, anesthetists, pharmacy, etc bills. Hopefully our health fund and medicare will cover a lot of it but seriously a new medical bill seems to come every day at the moment :-(

Oh yeah was changing the cheeky one this morning, took the dirty nappy off, cleaned her up, reached for the clean nappy and she wet all over the change table again! She has done it twice now, I think she is playing with me...

Jul 2007
    melbourne

alicia - hehehe LOL about peeing on the change table!! Chrissie did it twice in one day the other day! hahaha was funny though!
    Glad that you are getting better nights sleep now..!

BellyBelly Member
    Add kitten2b on Facebook

Feb 2005
    canberra

Sofia know the weeing trick as well

Feb 2005
    Boyne Island

Olivia knows how to pee everywhere too.. and I thiknk she makes way more of a mess then the boys ever did or maybe they were easier to catch the wee.. Olivia just seems to pee everywhere and ten i need to bath her....

Haroula: I would say gassy would be more if it is a constant thing.. to the point where they aren't settling and are crying lots...

We went to the beach this morning and the boys had fun swimming. Jacob was in a mood so didn't go in.. Olivia slept in her pram the whole time which was nice so I got to enjoy the boys... then we came home had lunch and me and the boys went downstairs and painted the piggy banks they got for Xmas.. now we are sitting in the Ac for a bit. The boys are colouring in Olivia asleep DH trying to sleep in the couch Going downstairs to put the boys in the pool ( wading pool) how I wish it was a hige in ground pool...

Sep 2004
    Sydney's Norwest

Just have to say I LOVE my or should I say Abbey's portraits. My photographer brang them by for me to go over them and decide how I was going to frame etc, so why I have them here I took the norti opportunity to scan some it to share with you.

They are in my gallery

Nic, you must live close to the beach. We are atleast an hours drive away. And on a day that's warm enough to go it's too long a drive with the kiddies. LOL at
    The boys are colouring in Olivia asleep
    hehe. I knew what you meant

So far Abbey has only had one wee go astray and that was because DP was too slow in giving me a clean nappy. This was when she was in SC at hosp.

123 ...