Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #3

Trish, Ripley is still in newborn size nappies, he's a skinny little runt I only bought one pack because Jett was in the 4-8kg ones from a week or so old so Ive had to go and buy more. Good luck with your appointment!

Ugh I hear ya on the heat, last night was ridiculous! Ripley ended up just sleeping in a nappy and I was almost ready to go starkers (obviously I cant).

A ? about the baby bonus - who's applied for and got theirs already? How long did it take to get it and for payments to be adjusted?

SueB Guest

Morning ladies..

Well after being windy for 4 hours and crying from 6pm till 10pm (last feed)... Tash went 4 hourly only waking at 4:30am for a feed.

Anna .. i feel for you guys with a newborn and the heat ... haha i have Tash in long sleeves because or rain is back and it has bought a cool wind .. go figure this crazy weather ....

RE: the baby bonus i actually fluked it i think.. all up it took ten yes 10 days if you take out the public holidays over the xmas period

Oh it's raining here and i need to go to the shops later and to get Tash weighed oh i hope it eases just till we get in the car.

Trish - Sofia is still in newborn nappies and she is the eldest of all the new bubs in this group.

It sounds like there is a lot of windy babies at the moment. Fraser was up from 2.30am until 8am this morning with wind and it breaks my heart to watch him try to squeeze it out. He was lying in bed with me this morning wide awake when I heard this almighty farty/poo noise and it was the biggest poo I had ever seen. He has been asleep ever since (maybe it was constipation???).

I'm sorry to hear that a lot of you have awful weather. For the first time in a looooong time, our weather is quite pleasant as we have a few cyclones hanging around up north which is giving us lots of much needed rain. I dont think it has been over 27 degrees for the past week and a half so I'm making the most of the cooler weather while it lasts.

I sent the Baby Bonus application away on Tuesday so we will see how long it takes to get.

Fraser is still in newborn nappies too and the tabs still almost meet in the middle but they do leave a very slight imprint around the legs but nothing too obvious yet. I went out and bought 108 newborn nappies again yesterday so upon reading these posts, I hope he gets some use out of them (I didnt even think about him being almost 4kg now).

For those of you who know Bindy, she has been emailing me and she and Madeleine are doing very well but is yet to log onto BB to introduce herself.

Anyway, I havent slept since 2.30am this morning so I might go and take a nap as we have people coming over for afternoon tea at 2pm ......

Trish - Olivia is still in the newborn nappies although they only just fit now. I am hoping we can use the rest of the open box before changing to the next size. Will give the unopened box to my sister.

Nic - 27 Dresses is about a woman who has been a bridesmaid 27 times. Like I said it was ok but not as good as it could have been.

Haroula - I don't know how I am making it without aircon. Am really trying to convince DH to get it asap but he is not convinced :-(

Crappy night here but it was me, not Olivia, being the pain. I really wasn't feeling well and had a temperature. Of course immediately got all worried about the infection from the hospital being back but seems to be a bit better this morning. Olivia went to bed early last night (about 10:30) and didn't wake for a feed til 4:30 this morning which was great. However she has been awake since then and is still awake chatting to herself in the bassinet.

Well last night wasnt too much of a disaster! Got some good sleep thankgod, the wind didnt kick in till this morning and i finally got him back to sleep

Trish - I think i will definatly give the infants friend a go now. Does seem to be helping alot of bubs!

Kitten - How big is sofia now??

Teena - can u PM ur address and ill post them off, we use a courier with my mums company so we be easy to send off

Alicia - thats so awsome about the movies... ive been looking into the mums and bubs sessions that village do once a week. Would be soo nice to get out, as paranoid as i am about him crying! i didnt realise they had crying rooms. Which cinema did u go to?

If any melb girls are up some time to do a mums and bubs movie session we should try to get together, maybe when the weather is nicer, but its an idea

Anna
    - umm we did ours last week...we'll see how long it takes..

Sue - don't you just feel for them when you se then struggling with wind poor darlings!

Dayl - glad you guys are getting better weather up there! How gorgeous are the photos Bindy sent through! ?!
    Sorry you had a rough night! It's hard to watch them scrunch up in a little ball trying so hard to get the air out! makes me

Alicia
    - i can't believe you are having trouble convincing DH!! sheesh what about Olivia?! yesterday would have been terrible for her! We upgraded out air con in November as the system we had before was old and would have struggled one more year.. i don't know what i would have done without it?!

Lauren - i'm in for a meeting at some point!!

Trish: Olivia did sleep well 10-2:30 then 3:30 -8:30. Dh and children woke us though.. lots of fighting was going on.. I hear ya on the car trips thing.. Olivia is generally ok but some days OMG the screaming drives me nuts. We are lucky we can pretty much pull over anywhere so we do I feed her calm her down and she tends to be ok then

Haroula: hoping it cools down for you soon. I too simply couldn't do without my AC.. It has been cool here the last 2 days so we haven't needed it but it is still humid which sucks

Anna: re the baby bonus. I got mine within 14 days and my payment was adjusted then as well.

Louise: Sofia will grown bigger soon and you wil missthose newborn nappies I know I miss Olivia's already. Although she still wears 0000 sometimes which is weird for me.. my boys are usually in some 00 stuff at this age

Dayl: IMo I don't think it was constipation but more likey just trapped wind.. What I don't get is how something liquidy has trouble coming out lol... I guess it takes a while for your gut to mature.. Thanks for the update on Bindy. Even though i haven't "met" her yet I was following (stalkin ) you all over there

Alicia: I remember the movie now.. I hope you are feeling better today.. yay for Olivia sleeping well..

Lauren: Glad you had a good night..

Well sending you all cooling down vibes.. It is ok here today, still sticky but not hot . Olivia is laying on the floor falling asleep thrn waking up having a chat. I don't think she will go to sleep just yet. I better get up and help Simon. He has been busy cleaning all morning and all I hav done in the hour I have been awake is feed the baby change the baby drink a coffee and check my emails and BB hee ee... Have a great day everyone...

Oh and where is everyone from?
    I live in QLD right on the coast of central QLD. About 120km south of Rockhampton...

Hi All,

I thought it about time to pop in and say "hi". Sammy was born 17th December. So far he's been a pretty relaxed little man most of the time, although he's been plagued by windy pains for the last few days or so. From the little bit of this thread that I've read it seems that other mums are dealing with this at the moment too. Not a lot of fun in the middle of the night!

Anyhow, I find it tricky to get on the computer as hubby is on it playing computer games most of the time, but I'll check in when I can.

Im in northern victoria until June then we move on - probably to Sydney.

Juliette: Hi!! Welcome to our group.. Sam is gorgeous. Kick hubby off for a while we are a very chatty bunch hee hee

Anna: YOu must be super hot down there.. and all those fires.. scary stuff..

Lovely walk today.. Took a few more family photo's.. went shopping kids were good for once came home bathed the miss fed her and now she is asleep.. Kids in bedrooms Dh watching a movie and I am semi watching it

I'm a Sydney chicky here

Come on up Anna !!

Juliette, hi and welcome. Sorry to hear you have a windy bubba too.Tell your hubby to get off the puter too. BB time is far more important than games

Nic, sounds like you had a pretty good night. And what is it with men and kids fighting. On the off chance of me laying in I always here whinging and fighting going on. Come to think of it, thats all I ever bloody hear these days.

Funny that you asked where we were all from. I was wondering to myself where Boyne Island was. I had assumed QLD.

Lauren, glad to hear that your night wasn't too bad. Hope Asher learns how to fart good and proper soon

Alicia, I hope that your not getting unwell again. Remember that your supposed to be taking it easy still.

Louise, that's cheating hun. Sofia was insy winsy when she was born I'm sure she'll be in newborns for a while yet.

Paed appt was suprisingly good. He was on time for once too. Abbey now weighs 4.01kgs !! Bare weight. WTG Abbey, she's finally growing. And best of all, we don't have to go back !! A down side though was the last liver function test that was done (the one I got done at the hosp)has been lost. The Dr had no results for it, and the stupid hosp and no results ever for any liver function test done on her. Even though there was one done when she was last in hosp. Dr had those results in front of him but not the new ones. He has decided though as she looked and seemed fine he didn't want them repeated. Lucky !!

Its ridiculously hot. The a/c is running all the time from wake up to bedtime, not even keeping the house dark helps with the heat. Sucks that I cant even go walking because the kids would roast being outside for even 5min.

Anyone else have an unsettled baby? Rips has been sooking all morning and feeding like he's never been fed before. Ive *just* got him to settle in his bassinette and Jett is awake so no nap for me.

Ew I smell something foul, better go change the big man.

Trish: if you gogle where I live you will see it well duh that was an irish statement (no offence to any irishladies)

Anna: I wish it would cool down for you guys. I am not a summer girl.. I despise it.. Thankfully we are having a relatively mild summer at the moment..

uploaded new family pics into gallery

Ohh Nic, it looks lovely up there. Very nice.

Anna, I have a baby like that alot of the time atm. Abbey has been quite unsettled. In saying that though I have been in and out heaps. I really do need to spend more time at home with her.

Of to look at Nic's new pics (hehe, that rhymes)

I hate summer and winter lol Im an inbetween girl, the nice sunny days of 26-28deg with a nice breeze where you can go outside without dehydrating in 5 seconds in a singlet and shorts. Unfortunately its pretty hardcore here, we go from below freezin weather to scorching hot in the blink of an eye, I think the only months we have of bearable weather is Sept and April.

Where abouts in Sydney are you Trish? For some reason I always thought you were in Melbourne lol I really need to learn to read the Location section up top huh. If we move to Sydney (and Im betting we will be but with the Army until your actually there, never ever be 100% sure of it) we'll be out towards Liverpool/Campbelltown. Unless I spot a super cool house somewhere fun like Coogee and the army lets us have it

For all the Been-there-done-that Mama's -
    Have you noticed youve bounced back better this time round vs the first/second etc time? I almost feel like I didnt even have a baby, body-wise I look 10x better - the tum isnt as jiggly, my love handles have disappeared - and sleep-wise Im probably getting less sleep than I did with my first baby but am coping better with it? I thought Id be a wreck for awhile after Ripley arrived lol

Anna- I definatley feel like I am coping better second time round, even though I am lots lots busier I am actualley getting more done- I have lost more wieht than I put on so happy about that, and just generally feeling better in myself ( I think being more confident helps with the mental state).

Well I am very excited, my SIL just had her baby this morning he was 3.83kgs, she is tiny only 5ft and a size 8-10, so she was induced a week early, but managed to have a v/delivery with the help of an epi. They called him Henry James Anthony, I am so excited to go and visit them on the weekend.

We think so too Trish and you rhymer you

Anna: I bounced back pretty quickly from my first and second births/babies then i did 3 and 4.. Not sure why.. It took me ages to lose the weight first time round but I was skinny again within the year but I guess age caught up with me I find it harder and harder each time to keep the weight off and to stop that jelly belly... sleep wise I cope heaps better... especially this time.. I hardly have any day naps or even feel the need for one

I have a goal though to lose 20 kg by this Xmas.. It might sound like a lot but in reality it isn't...

Ali: Congrats on a new baby in the family.. How nice for the cousins to be slo close in age

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast