Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #3

Having a much better day here today.. Isn;t it amazing how one bad day can send you spiralling downwards .. the boys are stilla little nutty but more bearable and Olivia is much more settled today and not even sleeping.. she is starting to make little tired noises now which suits me just fine cus I am amking Isaac and Jacob have a nap today so if Missy goes down now so will they yay,,, and I might nap i might not... who knows

How is everyone else??

Trish: I don;t think an hour in the car with a unsettled baby is myidea of fun either.. which is a shame cus the beach is so darn nice

I have the oppisite on my house at the moment. Isaac won't stop tormenting Ethan.. and for once Ethan doesn't just kash out and smack him he actually tells him to go away or walks away himself but Isaac just won't let up

ok Olivia crying now... BBL

Seems we are in another day like yesterday. Everytime I get Abbey to sleep she wakes unhappy not long later.

We have been invited down to a friends house but its 40 minutes drive away. I don't like our chances with the sooky one once again.

She's chaining me to the house lately. Buggar.

Hello again! Computer's free!

DH and Hannah are currently in the kitchen doing the washing up, so I get the computer, clean dishes, and a busy toddler! Sam's asleep too atm. Had a cranky morning, but after some awake time, a bath, and a massage he's settled in his bassinette. Last night wasn't too bad. Sam's current routine is three hourly feeds day and night, with a cluster of feeds in the evening before bed. I am just hoping for a longer night sleep soon. Can't complain though - I was up with Hannah 8 or 9 times a night until she was 5 months and we were booked into sleep school. Sam seems to be a much calmer bub (touch wood!).

Re: the infants friend discussion. I'm using infacol periodically (mostly once or twice at night when he seems to be the most windy). I couldn't decide between the infants friend or infacol, and the pharmacist recommended the infacol. I had heard that infants friend works better from some mums though. Has anyone had experience with both and can tell me which worked best for them?

Trish - I can totally relate to the sooky, clingy toddler. Hannah has become really whingy lately. I guess it is a big adjustment for them, but OMG it's annoying (especially when you're lacking sleep and patience)!

Nic - What a wonderful sleep! Fingers crossed she keeps that up for you!

Hey Bron - Our bubs have the same birthday! A great day to be born I think...

Anyhow, enough from me. I'm going to try and catch some sleep...

Nic - I'm glad your having a better day. I marvel at you ladies who are handling multiples children at the moment. I don't know how you do it.

Trish - I know what you mean by an hour in the car with a sooky baby. Not my idea of fun either.

Juliette - I use both Infacol and Infants Friend. I was given the Infants Friend from my SIL and it works sometimes, but when Kai was having a particularly bad couple of days I went to the chemist and they suggested Infacol, which worked well to begin with. I still think it works well, but i'm not really sure whether its any better than INfants Friend. He still gets periods of bad wind and I can't settle him whether I use Infacol or Infants Friend.
    Yep sure is a great day to be born. Though I slept through most of it. LOL

Well I'm not a very happy mummy. DP had a party to go to last night, so I invited my mum over to watch some DVDs, thinking that I could have a late night because I could sleep today. Kai slept from 9.30 to 1am (whoooo hooo) and normally i would have gone to bed then, but stayed up to watch the dvds. He then slept from 1.30 to 4.30 and he wouldn't go back down. He just screamed every time we'd put him down. So I basically laid on the couch with him on my chest from about 5.30 until he woke for another feed at 8. He has been up and down since then, though he's been asleep since 11 now.

So here is where I'm annoyed. I've had a total of maybe 4 hours of broken sleep and DP's mum rings up to say she's bringing his annoying nana over at 3. Smack bang in the middle of the afternoon. So there goes any chance of me having a sleep this afternoon. I don't know why he couldn't say no. And what annoys me even more is that I told him last night that I was looking forward to us having a lazy day together with no visitors. He knows i'm not happy so he's doing the washing and cleaning. Not going to make me any happier.

Oh and I was having a cry in the shower and he came and told me to stop crying! I'll cry if i want to. I'M TIRED!!!!!

Sorry for the vent.

Trish: :hugs: sorry you aren't having a good day. I hope Abbey settles down soon.. Do you think she is picking up on the other kids moods? I think that was Olivia's problem yesterday

Juliette: hope you catch up on some sleep.. and yay for your DH, it is great when they clean isn't it

Bron: Don't feel sorry for the vent.. Sheesh read back to my posts yesterday iwould be so annoyed if my Dh said yes to visitors when he knew I had a bad night. He has done it once but also said Nic and bub might be asleep though as they had a rough night The visitors came and sure enough we were asleep but that was ok Dh entertained them

Ah I feel so totally relaxed right now.. Olivia, Jacob and isaac are all ASLEEP yes ALL THREE!!!!

I have a few jobs to do then I am sitting on my backside Ethan has a friend coming over for the night but they are old enough to entertain each other...

Bron - I hope you told your DP where to go when he told you to stop crying! My DH's favourite thing to say when I cry is "It's not that bad", well maybe sometimes it is, or feels like it is!

We had a good night here too (although not another record 7hours like the other night). Olivia went to sleep at 12 and woke at 5:30. Unfortunately she also half woke at 1:30 and just gurgled a bit and talked to herself but that woke me up (DH slept through it) so I lay there for half an hour waiting for her to cry and she didn't. Do all mums wake at the little noises or is it something you get used to?

Alicia, I wake if Abbey farts !! Seriously, if I have a little baby in my room I sleep through all other noises, but if she makes just one I am awake.

Bron, Hugs to you sweety. I don't blame you for being p!ssed at DH inviting people over when you aren't up to it. Perhaps you should have just gone to bed, either that or sit on your bum and do nothing for your guests and let DH wait on them. And if you want to cry so be it. We cry in the shower to get away from them, what don't men understand about that. It's my crying place too. Tell him it's better that you have a cry about it there on your own then screaming at him !!

Juliette, hope you managed to get a nap hun. I wish. Is Hanah a good sleeper now. Tehya has been a shocker pretty much from day 1 and she's still bad. Abbey sleeps better than her.

What a hot day here we've had. So damn hot and sticky. It stormed this afternoon and has cooled down somewhat but it's still very humid.

Abbey slept for a little while this afternoon, and then we ended up just going to mum's house around 4ish. The kids played in the inflatable pool, in the rain !! And Abbey had a nice relaxing time giving nana a cuddle. Mummy also had a relaxing time not having to deal with a screaming baby for once.

DP is cooking dinner and Abbey is on the boob. I am the picture of a model mummy, having a glass of wine and breastfeeding Oh well, atleast I haven't got a fag in my mouth too.

Alicia: Thats a nice sleep though isn't it.. I am so glad these bubba's are working it out. When we first had Ethan Dh had to wake me half the time to get up and feed him lol.. But I also went back to work when he was 5 weeks old and was exhausted... but now I hear every tiny little noise..

Trish: Isn't it nice when mum holds bub for a while It was hot and sticky here today too.. I turned the Ac on too late to do any good so I just turned it off again,

Olivia slept 12- 4:30 and has just gone back down now. I have had such a better day. Isaac is pushing my buttons though. I think he is shattered from lots of busy days latish nights and early mornings and it is all catching up to him now...

Well off to wander for a bit..

oh and Trish at the wine and booby.. I had a beer the other week well half a one and was feeding Olivia at the same time

I want a alcoholic drink as well

I feel like one right now.. grr. Jacob won't go to sleep and keeps crying out really loudly and I have just got Olivia back down again...

Trish I am all for wine and booby!! I was a teetotaller with Flynn but we have too much good wine going to waste for me to do that again! I am talking 1996 bottles of Henschke chardonay here!

Alicia I used to wake with every noise Flynn made but nowadays Ollie has to actualy cry for me to hear him (and as we all know, bubs actually start of making snorts and so on waaay before they cry )

Bron I hear you on the stolen sleep - I hate it when I plan a nap and then it is snatched away from me

My boss and his wife are coming over for wood-fired pizzas tonight - I am going to have the big "return to work" talk with him....wish me luck.
    Last edited by Roryrory; January 14th, 2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Good luck Rory - yum wood fired pizza

Well I was planning to go to my parents this coming Saturday and stay for a week while DH works in his family cafe in Tamworth, but my Dad called last night and said he can fly to Sydney on Tuesday and drive back with me on Wednesday to make the trip easier - yay.

Well I had a whole 1 and a half glasses and that was it for me. I lay back on the lounge, fed Abbey and crashed out. LOL.

Rory, dinner sounds yum. I hope the talk goes well for you. Perhaps you should get out the wine too, feed up your guest's, get them tipsy and who know's what they will agree too. And OMG that's a lot of wine.

Nic, glad to hear that you had a better day yesterday. Hope you night was a good one too.

Louise, that sounds much better than driving all that way on your own with the girls.

Had a pretty good night here too. I "think" Abbey went to sleep around 9pm ish. I fell asleep like I said and woke just after 11pm. Went to bed and Abbey woke for a feed just after 4am. Not bad hey.

Best go, she's unsettled once again. I can never get showered early in the morn. God only knows how I am going to do it when school starts up.

Kitten my GF's hubby has family in Tamworth - does your DH know the Curtis family?

LOL Trish we don't atually have 1,996 bottles of wine We have about 20-30 dozen but I mean there are 1996 (year) bottles of Chardonay that need drinking (in that white wines usually need to be drunk within 5-8 years and we have bottles that are past their prime. I WISH we had 1,996 bottles in our cellar!

Rory: Good Luck with the boss and the talk.. and yum wood fired pizza...

louise: Sounds like a much better plan.. Always nice to have someone else to drive with

Trish: Not a bad sleep at all Oh and i hear ya on the school business. I have been chattin with a friend of mine and we might be letting our boys ride to school together ( along with 2 girls aged 10 and 12) bit scary but have to do it sometime...

Last night wasn't so great but it wasn't Olivia It was Jacob. he went to bed finally but woke at 3 when I was up with Olivia and he went to the toilet and then wouldn't go back to sleep. Olivia was back in bed by 4:30. She had wind so was up longer then normal but Jacob stayed up till after 5 **yawn** He wa sin our bed and just kept tossing and turning. Oh well we all slept in till 8:30.

PMSL Der Trish. I re read that and got what you meant Rory. Hmmm can't even blame it on sleep deprivation this time. How about on being blonde ???

Don't you hate that Nic. Do you remember what it was like to just have 1 baby or kiddie to worry about. You could sleep when they slept, whether it was 10 am or 2 pm and there was no one else to worry about. When you got the baby to sleep you didn't have to worry about other kids waking them up. Ahhh the good old days ....

oh yes I sure do.. We didn't have our second till Ethan was 4 and everything was so easy.. walking going out in the car, bath time dinner time. I wouldn't swap it for the world but I do miss it...

Miss Olivia is a cranky poppet today

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast