Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #6

What a crap time to be hun Liz. I hope you managed to get some more sleep. Ahh you have a hair kid too. Both Noah and Tehya did that with me. Noah thankfully weaned over to his own hair, although often when I was driving and he was tired he'd ask for my hair. It's not that long. Now he will play with his own hair when tired. Tehya used to annoy the crap out of me in the night trying to play with my hair. She'd pull it, twist it and do whatever else. Any wonder it was so split at the ends.

I often go through the kids blue books to compare their sizes, although Abbey being born a whole pound smaller than Noah and Tehya and smaller again from the big boys, it's hard to make a real comparison.

Aussienic - go the dummy I say. I have been using it with Bronte for those "difficult" times & it is a godsend. DS flatly refused one so I am glad she is taking it. Also, think it's fine for her to fall asleep with it in her mouth. I had one of the more expensive ones & then a midwife told me most babies seem to prefer those cheapo Happy Baby ones that cost like $3 for 2. Maybe stock up on these as well so you have one handy when you need it. Seems like there are a few with settling issues still so good to know we are all not alone.
    Hope all the other girls are doing well.

Hi Trish, hugs I know what it is like to have the baby good in day and then scream at evening/afternoon. My son Callum does the same. Sometimes he screams till his feed in the middle of the night. We have tried all of what you have mentioned and sometimes nothing works. Sometimes we try re burping him by putting him over the shoulder and that works. Other times I lie him over my knees on his tummy and rub his back. Nothing seems to work all the time.

Isn't it funny, what works one time, next time around does diddly squat. I did the over the legs thing too, worked for about 5 minutes. Atleast I got to shove some dinner in my mouth at that time.

Abbey is in bed sleeping soundly while we all bustle around the house tiding up. I'm sure the second I jump in the shower she will wake up. Best get back to it. Kids have come in the house making a noise, once again !!

Have a great Sunday everyone. Back to the rush around morning tomorrow.

i need to vent.. Olivia finally fell asleep at 12:30 and slept till 6 but she fed and went straight back to sleep with me. I heard the kids up and fighting so I woke Simon up and said can you get up with the kids please.. well he did.. and then he must have come back to bed.. I woke u just before 9 and simon is still asleep next to me as is Olivia. So i get up and holy.. the kids have made a huge mess. Jacob got into my nappy bag and squirted my water free hand wash everywhere I got so mad then I went down and woke Simon up and started in on him too. I am so mad that I am the one who needs to catch up on sleep yet he thinks its ok to let 3 children run wild.. Anything could have happened and yet he says.. When I got up at 6 they were playing Xbox I didn't need to get up.. um duh yes you did!!! I am so mad...

On the bright side Olivia is still asleep...

Liz: Its hard when you have to get tough with them isn't it. I remember when Ethan would constantly come into our bed. It was so annoying having to get up to him half a dozen times..

mummyto2: I bought the elcheapo one the other week and while she would take it it was to big in her mouth so I bought a smaller one and she took it. so far she has only had it that one time though

Well, Kayla has just amazed me, and I'm afraid she's got my hopes up about her sleeping LOL. As I said, she slept from dinner (dunno the time) until 1.30.. went back down probably at 2.30 and slept through the rest of the screaming from her brother (he had daddy with him in bed.. why did he want me so bad?? argh!!) and then she woke at 7, fed and went back to sleep until 9.. found her awake and gurgling so got her up for a play, fed her, left her in her rocker amusing herself for a while, and she's been asleep again for probably the last hour! I've had NO crying from her yet this morning! LOL.

OMG Nic at the mess you woke up to. I'm dreading this. So far whenever DS wakes up he comes and finds me straight away (clingy little so and so that he is LOL) so I haven't had the worry of him getting up and getting into things just yet.

OK, must go, trying to get washing and stuff done before going on hols tomorrow!

Liz, no point in washing hun. It's raining here. Of course I had a line full of bloody nappies too. DP came and said oh it's raining a little, do you want me to leave them out. Thinking it was just sprinkling I said yes. I walked out and it was p!ssing down. So I did the mad rush in the rain. Poor buggar, he was in the middle of mowing.

What a good girl Kayla is Liz, hope it's not the lull before the storm for you. I'm lucky, when Noah or Tehya wake up they call out for daddy, well trained hey

Nic, I don't blame you for being annoyed, I would have went off my brain. I mean your hubby could have went and even lay down on the lounge and semi supervised the kids. I hope you made him clean up the mess.

DP went out last night and brang his merry bum home just after 1am (so he says) but he still got up to the kids overnight and was up by 6 am with Tehya this morning.

Abbey woke not long ago and has had her bath, and having booby now. Hope whatever was bugging her yesterday is gone now. Think the Infacol kicked in somewhere overnight. I moved Abbey over for the other boob and she did the hugest fart. I swear it sounded like an adults. Poor bubba.

Oh, when your babies burp does it scare them ?? The reason I ask is sometimes when I am feeding Abbey, she is sooooo relaxed, anyway she will sometimes burp while she is on the boob, when she does this she jumps so high, it literally scares her. Ahhh someday in the next 2 years she will think burping and farting is hilarious like the rest of the kids.

LOL - Kayla is scared by her farts. Mind you, I think they hurt her coz she really screams with them. You'd think actually farting would feel good! LOL. Burping doesn't seem to worry her. She did a reeeeaaaallly long burp for mum the other day and mum couldnt' stop laughing. It was pretty funny, I don't even do burps that long!

Oh and as for washing - yeah it's a chinese laundry indoors today.. and the dryer will get a workout later this afternoon. It's just been drizzling and threatening rain today, so I'm not taking the chance outside.

Liz- I can sympathise with you and the tough love thing, we are having to go through the same thing with Tori at the moment as well for bed time and waking in the night, and she is exactly the same even though DH is in with her she is still screaming for me. We have actualley started letting her cry a bit rather than consoling her the minute she starts, we just sit quietly in her room with her and have started to notice that her cries are much different to when she is really upset or hurt, these are more just noise. We have been rewarded though because she slept last night from 8:30- 7:30 this morning, when usually she is up between 5:30-6:30. I hope Tallon settles for you soon.

Mto2- I have heard the same thing about happy baby dummies, that most babies prefer them- that would be of course except my 2 who much prefer dummies that cost $8 for 2. Having said that though the ones we use have the sillicone teat and seem to last lots longer, I havent had one split or break in the whole time Tori has had them.

We had a slightly better afternoon here yesterday, I think partly because I decided not to get too stressed, stress is just making it worse. I also went out and bought baby swing which worked in getting off too sleep a couple of times that nothing else has worked. Liam has also gone back to feeding better so I feel better abot that too, not so ready to chuck it in now.

Anyway better get something productive done while he is sleeping, i hope everone is having a good weekend.

Ali - yep, usually it's just noise, but it eventually gets more distressed as he gets more tired and fights the sleep. Not sure we're really doing the right thing LOL.. coz he's just started sleeping really well, pretty much all night.. goes to bed about 7.30/8.00 and sleeps maybe until 4am and comes into us. But he relies on me staying with him after his boobyfeed until he falls asleep, sometimes it's really quick.. like just now (yes I caved LOL - I have things to do!!) but other times it takes over an hour.. that's when I want to change things. It's hard, coz I do love the cuddles when they're nice. We have a nice cuddly chat together talking about who loves him lol and then he drifts off to sleep.

Hi all,

Gee there are a few people having issues at the moment isn't there. Big hugs to you all.

We just came back from taking Olivia to her second movie (Enchanted). She ate for the first half an hour and then slept for the rest :-) Hopefully this sort of behaviour will keep up for a few more months so DH and I can go and see a few more things.

Washing machine is beeping at me. BBL

time for a new thread everyone

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789