Thread: Babies born February 16th-28th 2009 #2

Default Babies born February 16th-28th 2009 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born February 16th ~ 28th 2009

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Babies Born in our Group!

2nd Feb 2:54pm (16 days early) -*Det*- "Levi Peter James" - 8lbs
    7th Feb 5:23pm (9 days early) -MelanieKate- "Lachlan Ashley" - 5lbs 15oz
    13th Feb 6:25pm (3 days early) -Laura133- "Bella Grace Vail" - 7lbs 4oz
    13th Feb (1 day early) -Andjxx- "Harris Pedro"
    18th Feb 5:35am (2 days early) - Ocean Princess- "Isabel Dawn" - 8lbs 3oz
    18th Feb 7:50pm (3 days late) - AJP - "Millie Rose" -8lb 1.5oz
    19th Feb 3:17pm (4 days early) - Nai - "Juliette Nicola" - 3810g
    20th Feb 6.40pm (8 days late) - Tarkine - "Alexander Addison" - 3100g
    23rd Feb Traceyandtribe - Milana Matilda Rose -8lb 3oz
    23rd Feb (21 days early)- Megimoppit - " Emelia Rose" - 6lb 6oz
    25th Feb 7.30pm (14 days early) - HollyM - Leon Caleb Alexander - 6lb 7oz
    26th Feb 7.52am ( ) NZgirl - Heidi Honor - 8lb30z
    26th Feb 12.49pm (8 days early) Nate- 9lb 1oz
    27th Feb 8.51am (14 days early) Ellie - Anika Elise -8lb 11oz
    28th Feb 7.48pm (3 days late) -Shellbell3 -Emily Rose Lillian - 7lb 9oz
    1st March 2.38am (12 days late) -Heaven -Grace- 8lb 10oz
    9th march - 3.12am (13 days late) - Alibaby - Ashlyn Elizabeth- 8lb 1oz
    11th March 8.53am( ) - ~Kaz~ - Jacob Hunter - 3.84kg

no sleep really for me. Ashlyn has been so unsettled last night and today. she's sleeping in my arms now. Everytime i put her down, 10min later she is whinging. I have really felt like a cow today and i feel like dp is not being appreciative of everything i am doing. (sigh). A thankyou would go a long way.

I did ring family assistance with Ash in my arms. At least that is half done now.

I cooked a meal and burnt it a little bit as I was distracted on the phone and by Ash and DP said I shouldnt cook if im going to burn the food, but then whinged that i hadnt packed anything for his lunch/dinner. Just becaue he is having a bad day he feels he has to take it out on me. I dont take mine out on him as I dont want to fight. I am to tired and fragile to fight.

Meanwhile, he went to the driving range this morning to hit a few balls and also went to the gym for half an hour. Sorry for the vent about DP but i dont think he realises how much hard work it is. Think I might talk to his sister about it.

Hope you girls are having a good day. I might go for a walk down to the shops with Ash and get a couple of things. Be good to get out of the house and Nai all that exercise you have done today has inspired me.

Hi girls - must be quick cause J might be waking (or actually not falling asleep after his last feed more like it).

Seems like we are all having an up and down time of it. And this sounds weird and I don't wish unsettled babies on any of you but its kind of comforting to know that Js behaviour is 'normal'.

Meg and Nai - glad you're having good days so far! That's awesome!
    Ali - I'm sorry you're having a rough one. Getting out of the house for a bit sounds like a good idea. I haven't left the house yet but we're back at the doctor's tomorrow afternoon to get some stuff with me looked at so I won't be able to hibernate here forever!

Forgot to mention in my last post that I received a text from Tracey - not sure how many days ago it was - hossy is all a bit hazy for me memory wise but she wanted me to say hello to you all. She is keeping up with things in here I think but not up to posting at this point. Big to you Tracey.

Ok - big to all. Thanks for the welcome girls.

btw - AJP I think Jacob was 11 days overdue.

Take care everyone.

Tracey - if you are popping in. I am thinking of you all the time and hope you and your family are doing ok.

Thanks Kaz for the message. You need to change your ticker now

Megie, I have been expressing during the day and DP has been giving J and extra 60ml at night from the botttle after her feed. That might be making her sleep a bit longer - it's only been 2 nights so we will see if it continues.

Ali, J was like that too but she seems to have settled down a bit more now so it does get better! Enjoy your walk - the fresh air will make you feel better. Maybe DP needs to be left with the baby while you get out by yourself on the weekend and then he might appreciate you a bit more

We had crappy night last night. Em has a bad snotty blocked nose, been using the saline drops today with the sucker outta thing. But last night very unsettled, seriously wanting to suck constant for 6 hours! Fed 2 hourly and had dummy in between and screaming if nothing in her mouth! That went from 5:30 til 11:30 then still was unsettled all night vomiting after every feed and snot everywhere. Couldn't breath properly. Been more settled today.

Nai- does it take you long to express it? A friend reommended that to me said to express some in morn when your milk strong and give at night as top up to sleep better.

Kaz- Hope you're settling in at home.

Tracey- I am always thinking of you. I hope you are looking after yourself and taking time out for yourself.

Ali- It can be very hard on relationships when bubs comes along, I always found Df and I would think the other person had it alot easier than the other and not really understand what each was doing. But your Dp should not be taking it out on you, give him time with bubs and get out of the house. Men sometimes forget that mums need time out too, you are working 24/ 7.

Meg- Keep trying to get out of the house, I find having something to do makes the day so much easier cause I am getting out and day moves faster plus whatever we do is usually something that entertains Ash.

Tarkine- Try get out to the mums group, will do you good to get out of the house and meet other mums, even if you just roll out of bed and go, the other mums prolly have too!

selfish post here.... very unsettled bebe tonight..... hope its not a sign of how the night will go...

We have just had a "feeding frenzy" from 5:30 until now (almost 3 hours of on and off the bbs- i need some recovery time) I hope she stays asleep. I just put her down.

I got out of the house this arvo. DD and I walked up to the shops (man pushing a pram up a hill is hard work). It was a nice couple of hours out. DD slept the entire time and only woke up on the way home but wasnt crying. I got some photos printed out while I was there for her photo album and baby book.

I hope that now that DD has had her feeding frenzy that she wont have it at 4am!!

Shell- Your night sounds exactly like mine was in regards to the not sleeping. to you. I hope Em gets better soon and things get back to normal. Thankyou for your support as well.
    Holly, heaven and Laura how are your bbs/nipples going? (such a random question to ask but I know you are each have been hurting)
    Nai- good idea to leave DD with DP for a while.
    Kaz- Thanks for passing that msg on. I think of Tracey every day. I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well.
    Jols- How did your day go today?
    to everyone else

ETA-Jols we posted at the same time. Fingers are crossed that this is Millie's unsetteld time and it wont be in the early hours of the morning.

will do personals later as DD needs a feed AGAIN!!

so frustrated Ali, DH left at 6.30am this morning home at 7pm and left for bball at 8.15pm..wheres my break!?

Jols- Sounds like a feeding frenzy at your place as well! Your day has been so similar to mine. These men need a reality check! Big hun

he really is good, but gees 12 hours with two kids is hard work!!!!!! especailly when DD2 has been unsettled since 3.30

ok finally i get time to catch up!!!

Ali - it does sound as though everyone is having a bit of a feeding frenzy!!! Bella has been feeding almost every hour - hour and a half today!!! i need a rest!!! she is feeding then settling for about half an hour and then crying again!!! i hope little Ash lets u have a bit of a sleep tonight!! as for DP he needs to step back and take a look at what he is doing... maybe you could sit down and tell him how you are feeling??? to you!! BTW im loving being an aunty again thanks!!! :laugh:

Kaz- HI!! it is nice to know that your not the only one having a few hiccups isnt it?? thanks for the update on tracey!!

Tracey -

Nai - thanks for the info on expressing and giving it at night time.. i might give that a try!!

Shell - for you too!!! i think all our babies must be communicating somehow.. all deciding to play up on the same night!!! your lucky that Em will take a dummy, bella spits hers out all the time!!

AJP - hope you have a good night.... haha break?? whats that?? we dont get those apparently....

det - im glad to hear that everything is goin well!!

tarkine - did u end up going to mothers group??

MM- i love catching up with other adults... it really is strange how much u miss having 'adult' interaction. how did you go today with J? did you get some rest??

HELLOOO to everyone else!!

AFM - umm my boobs are ok. i think it was a really bad blocked duct im glad i got it sorted out before it turned into mastitis. thank you all so much for your advice!!
    Bella is doing ok but had a really bad night last night and a horrible day today *DEEP BREATH* things will get better.

I did have some adult interaction today which was nice i caught up with a couple of girls from BB it was nice to vent a little.

ok i better go bella needs to feeed AGAIN.

Evening ladies

We've had a rough night/day here too. Isabel fed last night every 1.5-2hrs after she finally settled at 11.30pm. Then we went into the city for breakfast (crazy I know but it was a good friend's bday) and she was pretty good, slept for a bit, slept in the car, but once we got home she alternated between feeding and screaming until we went to mother's group and she fell asleep in the pram.

Since we got home she's been back to the feeding/screaming combo - at least DH is here now and has given me a bit of a break.

The MCHN at MG today assured me that from birth to six weeks we are on the unsettled/crying rollercoaster - which peaks at 6wks and then comes down. So at least we've only got two weeks to go... hopefully she will settle a bit better in a few weeks!

Meg, are you close to Greensy?? Det and I could both meet you there! We could even do a Mums and Bubs movie or something if you like. Anything to get you out of the house and feeling a bit "normal" again!

AJP/Ali - you poor things. I know the cow feeling! And the feeding frenzy feeling too! The only reason Isabel isn't back on the boob right now is she has FINALLY taken a dummy. Hurrah!!!

Oh wait spoke too soon... she just spat the dummy... literally...

Shell, you poor love. Hope tonight is better for you and Em is feeling better.

Hi to everyone else... I agree with Kaz, it is nice to know we are all experiencing similar things.

laura glad the boobs are ok!!!

we all must be on feeding frenzys!! is it a full m oon or something!!

OP i could come meet you guys at greensbourgh!!

Tracey - thinking of you hun

Kaz.. hope everything is ok with the doctors.

AJP/Ali - I'm with moooo two!! I have a booby monster too! - surprised that DS is snuggled into DH's chest at the mo.
    to everyone!
    sorry had a few things written but BB froze and then DS woke and well everything went south from there!

Can I ask a question? How do you put your bubs in the pram? The seat is flat, and I'm guessing you just strap them in? Is that right?

AFM - made it to the mums and bubs meeting - we were the youngest at 4 weeks, all the other bubs were 3mths and older. Of course DS just slept and fed through the meeting. Although the c-section scar is feeling a little sore from carrying the capsule to the meeting. Still waiting for my first MCHN appointment - the nurse at the meeting today said that she thought I was doing really well and that DS looked contented - should have told her to come on around at 3.30am!

glad you made it to class tarkine!!!

yep id just strap him in!!!

happy one month to isabel and millie hard to believe we birthed our bubs 4 weeks ago!

Oh...such a long day here too...but then I get on to BB and Trillian has created my avvy....woo hoo!

Anika has just started doing power spews after feeds...and she hates it, gets herself all upset and then we have huge breaks between sides taking me an hour to feed today. She seems to be very squirmy and unsettled after a feed too...could that be a sign of reflux or some digestive issue? Poo's are watery too but Paed said that was only a problem if she lost weight which she definatley has not...discovered her double chin today lol! Well here's hoping we all get some sleep...I don't know how you ladies with more than one bub do it!!!

ellie i dont know how i do it either some days 2yr olds can be very trying!!
    as for the spews is she having both sides or just the one??

well DH coped a serve last night, he decided rather than come home and help me, he'd stay after bball and chat with the boys, for over an hour, now i dont mind normally but an hour and a night where id seen him for an hour, asked him not to play and stay and help me, i was soooooo peeved at him , he really has no idea, that and sophie was up too.
    very tired today
    we have our 4 wk ck up today!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast