Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

boy i have wind tonight!! sorry you all didnt want to know that did you!!
    but i know how bubbas with bad wind feel

Hey girls
    just a quickie as suppose to be doing paperwork again!!!
    Went to pead today- all excellent- just as I thought- but DH feels better that he has been checked out- whoot
    he weighed him and he is now 6.8kg- a whopper- averaging 314g a week weight gain since birth according to pead- he loves his charts lol

all good otherwise- levi has been zzz nearly all day- growing again- most he has been awake as an hour at a time and he only did that 4 times today.
    i also ordered our amber necklaces so they should be here in the next couple of days- whoot!

off to do work now
    mwah to all

Ash had her best sleep ever last night

We both went to bed at 8:30pm and she slept until 1am (5.5hours)
    Then fed and slept until 7am (5.5hours)

She is asleep again now butg I have to wake her up so we can go for the 6wk check up at the doctors. I am nervous about it. I dont want them to look down there. I have had enough of being poked, proded and having people look at my hooha!!!!

Be back later today xo

woohooo ali!!!! you must feel like a new women!!!
    at my 6 week check up my dr didnt even check down there!! i go back in a few months for a review of blood/iron and will get a papsmear then do there was no need then!!

sounds a bit like millie, down at 6.45 fed 2.15 then 7am and sophie slept til 7am pity the possums in our roof woke me at 12am

Meg- Thankyou, I've been looking at all the different types and trying to work out what's best! So confusing!
    AJP- Thanks for that. I was looking at AIOs coz they look so easy but then didn't know if they would fit her very well when she's still so little. What is the advantage of fitteds over AIOs?
    Ali- Sounds like we were going through the same thing!! Last night DD slept good finally!! But the 2 nights before were awful and she was up to feed every 2-3hrs!! Must have been a growth spurt, thank God it's over! Well I hope it is! I was so tired. Feel so refreshed today! lol.

Miss E slept pretty muc hthe same too. Fed at 8pm, then 3am and 7am. J also got up at 7am, and we all cuddled in bed till about 8:30. J and DH are at swimming lesson atm. trying to get E to settle in her cot, but she is not happy

Shell - THinking of you hun. I hope you, DF and his fam are ok.

Sounds like the babies are starting to get into their sleep routines a bit better now! I got my Wonder Weeks book in the mail yesterday so I can't wait to read it.

Here is a pic of the girls playing in our bed together the other morning
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...3&ppuser=14759

Thanks Meg, for those of you that don't know, my FIL only been given couple more weeks to live. I think I've mentioned before he has stomach cancer and its got to point now nothing more they can do except keep him comfortable.
    So bit depressing here, plus we've all had bad colds and Em been quite unsettled so we're all exhausted.

Evening all

Shell, so sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope you and DP are doing ok, in the face of things.

Nai - you bought one, cool! Let us know what you think - I'm curious!
    Your girls are so cute! I am unable to post photos for some reason.

Meg - good sleep! It does sound like all our bubs are starting to settle into a good sleep routine. I hope Isabel is going to follow suit soon...

SJ - glad you are a bit more refreshed today!

AJP - lol @ the possums

Ali - yay for Ash's sleep last night! Here's hoping you get the same today. How did your six week check go??

Det - nice to see you again at MG, we'd missed you and little big man! Did you know Isabel is the same weight as Heidi??? Have fun at pilates tomorrow morning - might see you for coffee after (or not coffee).

AFM - interesting night with Isabel last night. We were out at mum and dad's determined to maintain the 6pm BBB routine (bath boob bed), got her to sleep in her cocoon (soft pram capsule thing) by about 7.30pm, then she slept until we left, stayed asleep all the way home, stayed asleep when we transferred her to the cradle.

We ended up waking her at about 11pm for a nappy change and rollover feed, she went straight back down after the feed and we were like

Was so hoping it was the start of something but then she woke at about 1.45am, 4am, 5am, 6am and 7am

Do not know what is going on.

Went to baby chiro today and he's done some manipulation - she has three little problems, shoulder, neck and head. We'll go back for one or two more sessions and hopefully this will help her head shape and also her unsettled periods.

So tonight we got her to sleep by about 7.15pm and she has stirred once but DH settled her... really hoping we have a good night...

I will have to do personals tomorrow as am about to go to bed. I am tired after a busy day.

So we go to the doctors today and after waiting an hour finally saw our doctor. Ash did really well. No needles today as she didnt have the seperate whioping cough injection as it is a combined one so will get that in 2 weeks. I had my pap smeer and glad I got that out of the way. Get results in 2wks when I go back for DD's needles. Then I met a gf for coffee and then decided to do some shopping. Didnt get home in time for MIL to see me and DD (too bad..so sad!!! ) and then decided to meet another gf int he arvo up there for coffee (ended up having 3 coffees!!! -Oh dear!) and then came home! DD has been a doll all day! Great at shopping, sleeping- she loves her pram and sleeps so well in it). She is asleep now in her bouncer, will need to wake her soon for a nappy change and a feed just before I go to bed and then we have another hectic day tomorrow!
    It is amazing how much they are interacting now! She takes turns talking to me now and I get the most gorgous milky smiles when she stops when she is on the boob and gives this big milky lips smile!!! SO sweet

to you all. Been reading all your posts and glad things are going well with eeryone and we are working out these bubbas!

Bad colds here too Shell! I have postponed immunisations till her nose clears up.
    Also she slept all on about 1 hour today!! Currently asleep - or more like passed out in the bouncer about an hour ago. So who knows what tonight will bring. DH has gone off to basketball and left me one again with the two. He is also going away this weekend to play golf. I can't even get 10 mins to myself!
    Ok s0 I started this post back at 7 pm. Since then I have fed E and put her to bed, and she has woken again quite distressed, but resettled. I think I am in for a long night. Obviously something is up. Maybe she is not feeling well, as she just doesn't seem herself.
    I knew the last 3 nights were too good to be true!

Oh and just another thing. I went back to the gym tonight. Hmmm, so I did have an hour to myself, but that was it. DH looked frazzled by the time I got home, as he haad an overtired toddler, a crying infant and dinner to prepare. Now he knows how I feel, and he only had to do it for an hour 4:30 to 5:30. I think I will be in a world of pain tomorrow though, as I am not used to working out any more.

Shell - So sorry to hear about your FIL. That is very sad. I also hope everyone's colds clear out soon Take care hun!
    Meg - Good on you for joining the gym! I don't think I'd have the energy. I've got 10kg to lose too!!
    Ali - I haven't been game to drink coffee yet! Only a decaf a couple of times. DS is fussy enough as it is. Did you notice any effects on A? Did you get headspins? lol
    Nai - Very sweet! They're so gorgeous!
    OP - Is DD perhaps 'snacking' overnight rather than really feeding? If she's waking every hour, perhaps she's only having a small feed and then getting hungry quickly? Sorry, you've probably already thought of that and I am hardly an expert as you'll see below but if you can keep her on longer, she might sleep longer. Just a thought. I hope you get more settled nights soon though darl.

AFM - I did a weigh of Jacob today at the chemist so not particularly accurate but I think he's only put on 120g again Feeling depressed. Feeding doesn't seem to be getting any easier here. My supply seems to have increased from a couple of weeks ago when we only had 60g gain and some feeds (late night, overnight, morning) are great but the arvos and evenings are still a nightmare. There is still milk in there that I can squirt into his mouth but he doesn't seem willing to work for it after the initial/first let down. He goes well for about 10 mins or so and then seems to get frustrated. Constant pulling off and re-latching. He does a few sucks (and I can hear him swallow) and then pulls of crying. When offered an EBM bottle he GULPS it down, looks for more but does the same thing when re-offered the boob. Don't know how to change his preference for faster flow and not being willing to work for it!! No wonder he was 11 days late and couldn't get his head engaged!!

Sorry, just feeling really blah and frustrated about it all. When will it get easier? I read about you girls all enjoying your feeding and your bubbas putting on heaps of weight and feel so jealous!!
    I'm seeing the doc tomorrow for 6 week check, going to call the ABA, seeing the MCHN next Wed and if no one has any idea or useful suggestions I think I'll call the LC Barb found for me.

hi girls
    grrrr got a migrane AGAIN! so i can harldy see and its taking me ages to type as i keep on stuffing up the spelling oops!
    KAz an idea???- what about swapping more quickly- the first bit of milk is the fattiest part and comes out the quickies- so give bubs say 5 mins on one side- then swap to the other- perhaps then he will put on weight quicker and feed better as he has the quicker milk flow twice. he may be pulling of after 10 mins as then the hind milk is there which perhaps he isnt as partial to. I know it is importnat that he gets the hind milk as well, but you are saying that the arvo/evening feeds are horrors - then perhaps try this technique then.

Good on you meggiemoppit for going to the gym!! Well done!! I am starting pilates tommorow- bubs can come along as well- so looking forward to it! Damm Easter was not kind to me and feel like i am putting weight on again- so time to take action!

Shell- so sorry to hear about your FIL- my thoughts are with you and your family

OP- cant wait to hear about chiro session and how it went- hopefully see you tommorow at BB's for coffe/hot choc tommorow

Heaven- have been following your thread about cloth and you have tempted me to give them a try as well. Gonna speak more to OP about what to get to try them- maybe she can bring some sample for me to have a look at- hint hint lol

AFM- levi woke up laughing this morning and was in an awesome mood all day- he slept heaps , and was only awake for an hour at a time before he went back to zzz all day- except from 4.30 till 8.00pm tonite awake and now back to zzz again! He is such a cruzy kid- OMG my karmic kid after my twins!!
    Out ALL day tommorow- school drop off, coffee and catch up, pilates, lunch with girls, then Optomerists appointment and then pick up kids
    phew exhausted even thinking about it!
    just as long as this migrane goes -grrr damm hormones!!!

mwah to you all
    btw we put Levi in the jolly jumper yesterday- he thought it was great- looked so cute bobbing away lol

wow det you have a busy day lined up today!!!! have fun at coffee/lunch/ pilates!!! i hope the migrane goes away!!
    cloth really is easy and cheaper than sposies!!!

kaz i definatly see an LC, he obviously likes the faster flow and is liking the bottle and expecting your boobs to be the same, he sounds frustrated and is not liking to work for his tucker! the hind milk is the fatty stuff but even after 10 mins he more than likly gotten plenty so it maybe swap sides too after 10 mins and give him the other side, if need be after than 10 go back to the first side, babies get most of what they need in the first 10 mins anyway.
    your doing a fab job so dont dispair, a weight gain is a weight gain and maybe using different scales isnt the ideal thing to do as they may measure wrong, id stick with the MCHN ones. maybe pop back into the breastfeeding area hun but im very proud of you !!!!

meg yay on the gym!!!!!! hope it rains the whole weekend for DH's golf evil i know!!! ( it is ment to rain all weekend here in vic)

shell so sorry to hear about FIL must be so hard knowing, i bes hes glad he got to meet your two beautiful girls, huge hugs to you guys.

nai gorgeous photo!! ive got wonderweeks and must read up what happening next!!

heaven fitted and covers are great for runny poo's for containment!! two lines of defence, AIO are great too but do work best with solid poo!!

Ali glad the dr went well!! sounds like you had a lovely girls day out did you buy anything?? wait til ashlyn can have babycinos!!!

op did you see the guy in ivanhoe for the baby chiro????? hope last night was a better one for you

laura have you been cooking again???????

AFM millie had a great night, in bed at 6.45 fed at 2.30 and is still asleep (7.15am) im letting DH sleep in so i got up with DD1. typical the millie sleeps in the day i let him sleep in grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hi everyone, hope it's okay if I join your group. My baby girl, Theodora Posy was born on 26 Feb. She is going really well - sleeping through the night and feeding beautifully. I'm feeling pretty good too now that we're in a little bit of a routine.

I know quite a few of you already - lovely to see your messages again on BB

How is everyone feeling physically after childbirth? My body seems pretty okay, although my pelvic floor is still a bit weak. Have to really clench my pfm when coughing or sneezing. Have to keep doing lots of exercises.

Hey ladies

Mhami, you can definitely join in! Theodora sounds like a great bubba so far.

AJP - yep we went to see Paul Chamberlain in Ivanhoe. He was great - really good with Isabel and put DH's mind at ease (he was a bit worried about what the manipulations would entail). We're not sure if it has helped or not... had another mixed night, more about that later.

Det I didn't make it to BBs, hope the pilates was good and the catch up good too! Isabel's bit grizzly possibly due to the jabs so we're going to hang around at home. Will chat cloth with you on Wednesday!

Kaz - I've had that thought, or similar anyway, that she is not getting enough in the 5am feed, but I don't know how to wake her up and get her to feed more. Perhaps a cold face washer or something.

As for J, don't despair, as AJP says you are doing everything right! I'd say go straight for an LC - get someone there to watch and try and sort out what's going on. The ABA are great but it can be hard to describe things on the phone, an LC can actually spend time with you etc.

You are doing a fantastic job, even if you are feeling blah. A lot of people would have given up... the drop off around 6wks is pretty high apparently! That's when it is at its hardest! Keep it up. Keep persisting. It WILL get easier.

Meg - sorry to hear about the colds! Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Ali - sounds like you had a good day yesterday! Hope Ash is being a good girl for you today as well.

AFM - we had another broken night. DD slept from 7.15pm, woke her at about 10.30pm, clean nappy and rollover feed, only took one side and straight back down again. Was so hoping she'd sleep for a nice long patch... but she woke at 1.30am.

Fed one side, back to sleep, in the cradle and I thought I'd pump a bit, always good at that time. So I was pumping and heard her stirring, then she woke and cried, serious crying. So I went in and she was wide awake and smiling and cooing at me. So I fed the other side and she went back to sleep.

Back to bed, hoping for a longer sleep... and she woke again at 4.30am. Fed, back to sleep, then she woke again at 6.30am. Sigh. Wouldn't settle for DH, so back on the boob. Then she slept til 8.30am.

And now this morning she has had her immunisations so she is grizzly and tired, been feeding and sleeping since we got home.

I'm just getting so tired!

hi everyone!
    just quickly wanted to welcome mhami!!!!
    BBL for personals...
    ooohh i got a new piercing today

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast