... 2345614 ...

thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

awww det so sorry to hear that she is painfree now and will forever watch over you and your family.

ali enjoy having your mum around must be hard knowing she's going back today.

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

det sorry to hear about your nan she will always be looking over you and your family.

AFM - ok.. who swapped babies? A was restless last night, ended up cosleeping from 12 to 4 and then he was on and off til 7.30am, but he's been sleeping during the day! Just don't know what to do with myself as he's sleeping in his own bed? Think I'll be making myself a nice lunch and do a bit of washing and wait for him to wake, have a feed then go for a walk!
    Last edited by Malyna; April 11th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Det- so sorry to hear about your nan May she rest in peace watching over you all.

Tarkine- Hope this is the start of a new leaf for A, giving you some good sleep patterns!

Ali- Thats great yr mum has been around to help, sad she has to go back, must be hard being so far from family.

Meg- Can your mum take J again for night or 2 so you can get some rest? When does yr DH start his holidays? get him to help you out, get some naps in while he is around.

Laura- Waiting to hear about the raid! Omg.

OP- We have same child, we have same evening problem. Drives me nuts cause by that time of the day I'm so tired and want an early night. We been having to resort to the dummy alot more than we wanted to.

We're back to having the screaming when feeding problem again, seemed to have stopped but last couple days its back, not every feed but most, gets me down, ended up in tears yesterday cause we were out at werribee zoo and here she is screaming, on and off boob everyone looking, was awful. I been trying to wait a little while after she wakes so she get get all her poos and fartys out first and has helped a bit, not so bad then, using the infacol drops too. She spends so much time grunting and groaning.

May 2007

Shell - It really sounds like refluz=x. maybe visit the GP??

Det - I am so sorry that you lost your nan. thinking of you and your family.

Ali - I hope your mum is spoiling you rotten

Takine - Yay - I hope you are making the most of the well behaved bub.

Nice weather today, might take J down to the park for a swing soon..

Feb 2008
    Down Under

OK.. heres the story...

We have one of DP's good friends staying with us at the moment (we will call him P), they both decided to have a drink on thursday night but thing got a little bit out of hand (WAY too much alcohol involved) and P had an argument with a couple of people out the front of our house. P decided it would be a good idea to come inside and get a fake gun (it was a lighter) and go outside and threaten them with it.

So the next day im guessing whoever he had an argument with has called the police and told them we have a gun in the house....

I was sitting in the lounge room at about 11am that morning (lol i was actually on BB) and i saw a couple of police run in my front yard, i thought what the hell??? before i could even get up they were banging on the door "POLICE - OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!" before i even got to the door they already had this big black thing on it ready to bust it open! i said hang on a second im opening the door!!!!

They all came barging in yelling and stuff and Logan started screaming (it must have scared him) they were asking me who else was in the house and i told them there was DP in bed and P was in bed too.

They went into my room where DP was asleep (and Bella was also asleep) and put him up against the wall and searched him - a police lady told me to sit on the couch with logan and not move and i said oh hang on my DD is in bed she is only 8 weeks old!!! they wouldnt let me go and get her instead another policewoman stood in the bedroom with her. They were asking me questions like 'do you know anything about having a shotgun in the house?' and i was like WTF are you talking about!!

They went into P's room and got him out of bed and arrested him for what he had done and took him away and got the 'gun' and a few other things out of his room.

They searched my WHOLE house - pretty much turned everything upside down - went through logans and bellas rooms made a complete mess of everything i am so angry and then went through the shed and pulled everything out.
    They even swabed baby formula that was spilt on the bench how pathetic.
    It makes me wonder why they searched the house when they found what they were looking for straight away in P's room, i think the people who called up to complain told the police we had drugs or something in the house.

I had to stay on the couch and logan tried to run off and the policewoman said GRAB HIM! GRAB HIM! and i just thought what the hell is he going to do?? go and hide some stuff in his nappy?? god do they know how hard it is to make a toddler sit still???

They just asked me a few questions and they left after about an hour. Apparently there was 8 police cars out the front and there was 3 in the street behind us incase we ran.

so yeah good friday?? nah i dont think so.

ETA when i counted there was 15 police in my house...
    Last edited by Muffy; April 12th, 2009 at 08:21 AM.

Jul 2008
    S.E. Melbourne

Laura, how scary!! Not to mention over the top! And leaving the place in such a mess!! Omgoodness I would be soooo mad, but yeah I guess they have to follow up on claims like that. Huge hun! I bet they were pretty p*ssed off when they found nothing though, waste of their time too!

Anyway, better go get ready for family coming over...

Happy easter everyone

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Geez Laura - I hope P apologises for putting you through that! He should be cleaning up the house and shed for you and maybe promising never to drink so much again in future! It was a bit over the top - especially not letting you get Bella!! If she was Miss J she would have screamed the house down and then they would have been in for it

Well the pergola frame has gone up - injury-free - so DP is painting today and roofing tomorrow. I am sooo excited, although not nearly as excited as DD1 when she found easter bunny prints leading to a chocolate stash this morning.

Have a great Easter everyone!! Eat lots of chocolate (although maybe not too much apparently it upsets baby if you are BF - not that I have noticed any change, Miss J must have been used to getting her chocolate fix in utero)

Feb 2006
    melbourne

wow laura!!! yep i agree id be getting p to clean up big time!!

holly have a great day with the family!

nai yay on the injury free pergola!!! how cute G seeing bunny prints!!

sophie had an egg hunt too, loved it!!!

millis is good too, slept 10 hours friday night, didnt repeat last night but i did enjoy 8 hours of sleep.
    were off to the park this morning!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Bloody hell Laura! I would've been so angry at P over that think I would've needed the police to restrain me from kicking his ass. Its terrible something like that happening with kids in the house thats what would've made me so angry. Thats terible too not letting you get Bella, that would have upset me, she could've gone with you and observed you if she was that paranoid.

Nai- Sounds like you have a handy man hubby there, mine is so not!

Meg- Its hard to say cause she is happy most rest of time just during feeding she does it. She does have alot trouble pushing out wind and poo she grunts and groans for ages then pops one out and starts again.

Ash decided to eat easter egg for breakfast and I couldn't say no, not sure how good that is! Have my parents, sister and nephew coming over and I'll set up a little egg hunt for Ash and my nephew. Didn't bother getting Em anything this year.

Happy Easter to all !

AJP- Please tell me your secret!!! How do you get her to go so long, 4 hrs is our average, its like clockwork!

May 2007

Laura that is TERRIBLE. I hope you won't be letting P stay ever again!!

8 hours is our best overnight record so far. A shame J woke up during that time though. She basically doesn't sleep during the day though

J had easter egg for breakfast today too

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Meg- we used to have major probs with Ash and day sleeps, would take me over an hour to get her to sleep for 30-40mins. I remember how awful it was. I hope you work something out.

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Laura - I'd definitely be kicking P outta the house but not before he cleaned it up.. The people he had an argument with must have known how to trigger a major bust by the police. :hugs:

Nai - ohh can you send your handy hubby over? Wouldn't mind a pergola (hehe). Great to hear that its going up without too many injuries.

AJP - how do you do that??? get such a long sleep out of bubs!!

AFM - just got A off the boob - over two hours to settle him down.. but I did get 2hrs in the garden, with him in the pram - I was a demon running all over the place to get the most of the time, then having to stop and rock the pram, then off again! don't know what the neighbours must have thought of me!

Feb 2006
    melbourne

millie has a night routine now, sleeps around 5pm for about 40 mins inthe sling, boob, bath with sophie, massage, book with sophie then boob boob boob booobbooooooooooooooooooob. in bed by 7pm, its working at the moment so sticking with it.
    she mostly does 6-7 then feeds but friday i got lucky, she was down by 7pm and i was in bed by 8.45pm.
    using the dummy for most sleeps but she spits it out once asleep so far.

tarkine glad you made the most of gardening!! pffft to the neighours!!!

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Ok just to set the record straight - DP is so not handy but next door's DH is so he is doing most of the work and DP is helping

Feb 2006
    melbourne

nai, i would have kept that part a secret!

Feb 2008
    Down Under

for the sleeping record our best has been 11 hours... she usually sleeps from about 10pm till around 7...

Apr 2008

Det- so sorry to hear that hun

Laura- Omgoodness! I cant believe they did that to your house you must have felt like you were in a movie!

Kaz- How are you going sweetie? You are not a bad mum. You are a great mum and the fact that you care so much about your little man shows that.

Jols and Laura- Tell me how long have your girls been sleeping through the night like that? I am so impressed!!!

Nai- That is so cute about Miss G and the easter bunny trail! I cant wait to do things like that.

Shell- Hope al those boys didnt make a mess at your place last night? Did your team win?

Tarkine- I had a night like that with Ash except I was inside rushing around doing jobs with her in the pram and I was pushing her everywhere with me. I even got to the washing up and had the pram behind me and was pushing it with my bum!! It would have been a sight but you gotta get things done anyway you can! DO you use a dummy at all? Might give your nipples a break if he is on the boob lots. (Cant believe I just gave a dummy a selling point when I was so not going to use one to start with but gee they do the job)!

Ash crying so I'll be back to finish off later

May 2007

Ok - THe longest I have managed to get E to sleep today is 7 minutes! Otherwise it is dozing and crying

... 2345614 ...