Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

Meg - I hear you! Miss J hasn't slept properly all day either

oh megie and nai hope the day gets better for you both.

meant to tell you girls we tried to DTD the other night and i couldnt do it. i really really wanted to as well.

sooo peeved off right now, having a major tantrum

what happened hun?

Ali - I have nothing against dummies.. DS just won't take it.

Nai - well can I borrow your neighbour then? (hehe).

AJP - what's happened?

I envy you girls with bubs that sleep well at night.. I haven't had any of those freak long sleeps - 3.5hrs is the best. Tried to get DS to sleep tonight he was really tired and was carrying on.. I thought I was going to have to co-sleep with him so laid him down on the bed, turned around to get a blanket for him and he was asleep by the time I got to him! DH seems to think that bubs will go to sleep when bubs is ready to go to sleep..

AJP - hope you are ok

Tarkine - he is really handy, his DW is lucky as they get everything around the house done really quickly. I have been waiting 3 years for this pergola roof!

Ali - you're brave to give DTD a go. I haven't managed to even consider it yet.

im ok now, just needed to have a tantrum!!!

tarkine way to go on A self settling!!!

nai id love a handy hubby, mine tries...real hard! he's alright could be worse.

ali we tried last week too, still a little tender internally

AJP- Have a tantrum any time you like!

Tarkine- Thats great he put himself to sleep, hope he does it more often and longer for you.

Ali- Yeah a mess, alot beer cans but made Df clean them up the next day, my team won, woohoo, kicked ass. I remember after having Ash trying to dtd and couldn't cause hurt even after lots foreplay, this time round we haven't even attempted, we keep making jokes about why we wouldn't waste any free time we get having sex, lol.

Meg and Nai- Have you got slings to try get them to sleep? You've both prolly tried everything, i just swear by my Hugabub when Em is having a really bad day.

We had nice easter now I have lots chocolate to eat.
    My nephew is so cute, my sister was explaining to him about boobs and milk for baby and he asked "so what will come out of my boobies, chicken or something?"

woohoo! my av is up! i made it myself do u like it?

Laura, it looks great!

Shell, yeah I use the sling a lot - she wouldn't even sleep in that yesterday! The only problem with the sling is that I need to keep walking. If I sit down she wakes up and there's only so long I can walk around - an hour is my limit carrying the extra weight.

On a positive note - she went down at 7pm last night and didn't wake until 4am!! 9 hours straight! I went to bed at 10pm so got 6hrs straight and feel almost human today - yay!

yippeee nai!!! thats awesome..9 hours!! hope it continues!! hows the pergola looking??

shell about sex, dh wonders why he doesnt get any..doesnt help that he comes to bed after me!

laura looking good!!

we just go back from ikea...$500 poorer.love that place

Looking sexy laura!

Yay on the sleep nai, makes you feel so much better hey?

I haven't really been to Ikea, but keep thinking I must.

Well after the shocker day yest, we had a pretty good night.
    Down at 8:00, fed at 3:30, then again at 5:30 when I put her in with me. Slept till 8:30. J also slept right through for once. He got up at 7, and jumped in with us also, and we all slept till 8:30. it really does make you feel like a new person having a block of sleep. I went to bed around 10, so I had 5.5 hrs straight, and feel so good for it!

I'm so jealous of all these long nights sleeps, we are awake often with grunting, groning and farting, then she wakes herself up trying to do it and wants dummy to resettle then of course when it falls out she cries. When do they get to a point where there wind pain stops bothering them? And cause she hasn't pooed since last night she is miserable today.

Me and Df get driven nuts by ikea, I prefer to go furniture shops nearby. He flat out refuses to go there now.

Hi girls, just checking in. Sorry no time for personals it's not long til the next feed is due. I've been kept very busy (and almost out of my mind at times) with feeding regularly (2-3 hourly during the day and 4 hourly at night) and then expressing 5 times a day for 30 mins (after feeds). Most of his feeds take around an hour with changing and burping etc so I usually only get about 20 mins after I've re-sterilised the hand pump to shower, or eat (occasionally both!). I've been topping him up with the EBM. I think he is sucking better the past day or so (keeping at it longer and not giving up so early) and it seems like I have more milk.

I have been reading most posts I think sorry - just never get enough time to reply cause I'm also reading in the breast feeding section too.

Yesterday must have been the day for not sleeping. Jacob was awake from 5pm to 11pm and we had a few nightmare feeds where he wouldn't latch or suck just screamed. Having a better day today but getting so sick of expressing. I've only left the house once since Wednesday

Hope you're all doing well.

Shell - I'm with you! I would love a baby that slept for long periods!

AFM - went around for a family BBQ to the outlaws, and Alex fell asleep shortly after arriving and slept for almost 4 hours!! Of course DH and I were absolutely knackered and we couldn't have a sleep! ARGH!! It sucks being an adult sometimes!

having the night from hell here and had **** all sleep last night!!

Laura- love the avvy and new name! Hot hot hot!

more screaming!!

BBL

Tarkine - I would have just popped inside to the couch and had a nap too

Ali, sounds like you have hit the dreaded 4 weeks I promise it DOES get better!!

Thanks girls! im loving the new me!

As for the raid business, yeah it was pretty damn scary i was sitting on the couch shaking!!

Meg- thats great to hear you got some sleep hopefully you can get some more tonight!

Nai - WOOT! on the sleep! you must feel so refreshed! hows the pergola going!?

Ali - congrats on 'trying' to DTD.. im still not even interested! we have done it wasnt great. i hope things settle down for you so you can get some sleep!! xx

AJP - are you ok? go right ahead and have a tantrum!! i have never been to ikea! from the sounds of it i would probably come back a little bit poorer too!! haha

tarkine - DD wont take a dummy either, i suppose its kind of good in a way? is there anyone who can come and watch alex while you have a nap?

shell - LOL @ the chicken comment. kids say the cutest things sometimes!! this may sound like a silly question but have you tried baby panadol for the wind pain?

Kaz - sounds like he may be having a growth spurt? just remember it will pass i hope you get out of the house soon it sucks being home all the time xx

big hello to OP, heaven, MelanieKate, amy and tracey.. hope you girls are doing ok!!
    im so sorry if i have missed anyone!!

AFM: Bella is doing ok, today has been a wierd day she hasnt slept for more than 20 mins at a time and has been demand feeding.. (is that normal for a formula fed baby?)
    As for the breats feeding - everything was going great but i got really bad grazed nipples again and was almost in tears everytime i fed her. The thing i dont get is her attatchment was ok because for the first couple of days it didnt hurt at all when i fed her and i could see she was getting a good mouthfull then all of a sudden it just started to hurt and i realised my BBs were really badly grazed!
    Is anyone in here going to the melb meetup in june?

Sending everyone lots of sleepy vibes xx

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast