Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

Woot! The pergola is finished!! Here are the shots

Before
    Login | Facebook

After
    Login | Facebook

Shell- Oh yes, when she does the on/off thing it's not good, I had to retreat to my room, lol. Good luck for the weigh in, hope they can give you some tips!

Holly- OMG you just can't win, I didn't think they could put on too much weight! All I've ever heard is you can't overfeed a breastfed baby!!

Nai- Looks great!! And so are you with your new avvy btw!

Hey all

Sorry for the absence - DH and I took DD down to the in law's beach house over Easter, got back last night and then I've been out and about today.

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good Easter, good to hear! I'll try to catch up...

SJ: how cute with DD giggling. Must have been a gorgeous moment

Nai: agree with SJ, looks great and love the new avvy I think I should get onto my avvy request!

Holly: you poor thing, how can they possibly be gaining too much? Sigh, just when you think that you have one thing sorted out, another crops up. Big hugs for you

I really hope the Donnalix and the new feeding position helps. I had to feed semi-reclining for a while - we are just good milk producers Sounds like you are keeping a good positive attitude hun!

Ali: that is just terrible about DH being forced to work a double shift. Hope he is recovering ok and still getting to spend time with DD.

Det and Kaz: so sorry about your nans. Even when its sort of expected, I know it can still hurt. Hope your families are all ok.

Shell: how did you go with the MCHN?

Tarkine: how is DS today? Hope you had a better night last night.

AFM - we had a mixed time down at the beach house. Isabel has been dream baby during the day - still doing her good daytime routine, but then she was absolutely rotten overnight. Would start screaming at about 7pm, then yell and yell until she was fed, then doze and scream again. Grandma couldn't believe it.

Then she wouldn't settle until midnight and would wake after only 2hrs or so. We were there for 3 nights and had hardly any sleep. I don't know if it was because she was in a new place and a new cot or what.

Had a weigh in yesterday and our 8wk check - the MCHN is worried about her favouring one side of her head and said that could be causing her unsettled periods - if she is sore in her neck then by the end of the day she would be pretty achey and unhappy. So we're off to the baby chiro as soon as they can fit us in.

On a positive note though she is doing everything an 8wk bubba should be - smiling, looking at mum, following a rattle with her eyes, moving arms and legs. So that's all good. And she's weighing in at 5.7kg now! That puts her back on the 95th percentile! She's 61cm too which is the 97th percentile!

Hope everyone else is going well!!!

arrhh ive been slack again!

sara glad your trip went well!!! awesome job b/feeding in front of others, well done hun!!!

nai must join facebook so i can see those pics!! glad its finished

shell how did you go today at the nurse??

op sounds like miss isabel is a bit of a party animal at night, millie saw clare the osteo at the bellybelly centre when she was 5 days old, i highly recommend her,

millie had her first ever vaccinations today and boy did she cry poor bubba was awful
    she was grumpy tonight but went down ok, will see what the night brings. gets millie weighed tomorrow so will be interesting to see how much she was grown

Heaven- sounds like a great weekend away! Its always nice to get away and well done on breastfeeding in front of the fam! I love your pic in your ticker. I think you have had such a journey with your bf and i am so pleased to hear about your successes with it now and I think your pic says it all.

Holly- hang in there hun. I hope Master L improves soon. You never know..you might have the best toddler years ahead of you seeming this first part of the journey has been hard and difficult on both of you. Hoping it all improves for you soon.

Nai- for the pergola finished! Looks great!

Jols- Read your thread about the expired medicine! Would give me the ****s as well! SHould not happen. Hope DD is doing alright after her injections tonight.

OP- sounds like a great mchn appointment today with Miss Issy! She is a tall girl like Ashlyn. We have our appointment tomorrow.

AFM- Had a great day today! My sis came over and then we walked up the shops and I met some gf's for lunch and she went to work/ Then I fed DD in the mothers room and changed her and then went shopping for the arvo with her and we didnt leave the shops until 4:30pm so we were up there for 4 hours! Was impressed! Made the day go really quickly. We walked hom and then DD is really starting to enjoy her bouncer (which is great for me), we also had a bath together tonight (so lovely!!!!- If you havent done it make sure you do!) and now she is crashed out on the couch!

Not waking her up until I go to bed. Got a busy day again tomorrow. MCHN appointment and then mothers group at a cafe at flower power nursery (I haven't been before so hoping they will be nice mums).

Oh how funny is this....I actually went out and bought something i keep seeing on an infomercial in the early hours of the morning when nothing is on tv...the news David Campbell album....I really like it!)

Hope we all get good sleep tonight

you dag ali!! glad you like the CD
    im sure your mothers group will be lovely, just remember to give getting the know them some time.
    4 hours at the shops !!

millie slept so well last night, must be drowsy from the vaccinations, slept 9hrs fed at 4am and is still asleep.
    pity i only slept for about 4.5hrs all night

off to the nurse today them millie and i are going shopping! sophie is at my folks today

OP- DD was a bit unsettled over easter too, I can't work out if it was coz we were in a different place or bc I ate too much chocolate, lol. DD favours one side of her head too, I have just now succesfully got her to sleep on the other side in the HAB, wonder how long it will last. I'm paranoid about her getting a flat head on one side, lol.
    AJP- aww......poor millie with the vaccinations Did you get all of them? I still haven't worked out what I want to do about it, I'm not sure I want all of them, I will have to research. She didn't have Hep B or anything at birth.
    Ali- Thankyou!! I am so glad BF is easier now and I feel so much happier! Have a good time at mother's group!! I haven't found one yet, but I just discovered I can get DD weighed closer to home by a MCHN so I'm going to go there next time and also ask about mother's group!

AFM- Bad night last night, DD woke up at 3am and didn't go back to sleep until 6am and then woke up at 7.30am!!! I'm tired. She was farting all night and waking me up, lol. Maybe I've eaten too many easter eggs? That's all I can think of. She wasn't crying that much or anything though. She would just whinge a bit everytime she needed to fart and then felt better, lol.

OP, L seems to favour one side as well and we are off to the chiro in an hour, hope it helps. I don't know how long my optimism is going to last though. I know it's only been 7 weeks but it seems like everything that could go wrong with a new baby is happening to us. Bl**dy hell, I just wanna feed him, why is it soooo difficult?!

Heaven, yeah I didn't think you could overfeed a bf baby but apparently you can! Thanks for replying in my thread...quite often when DS comes off my milk is still squirting out too like a water pistol! Ahh it would be funny if it wasn't causing such a problem! DS was awake all night trying to fart and poo too! This happens EVERY single night without fail. He NEVER does a poo during the night, always first thing in the morning though (around 8-9am). He will grunt and strain and grizzle all night trying to do it, but it never comes out, only when daylight comes...it's so strange and SO annoying and I have no idea why.

AJP, poor Millie! I still am undecided about vax...I am more inclined to omit some and delay them but then how would I go about turning up to get him done and asking for them to customise his vaccinations! He didn't have the Hep B at birth either. Will keep pondering this one... happy shopping anyway!

Ali, I hope I do get good toddler years! I've watched my mum struggle so much with my sister (almost 4 yrs old) - getting her to eat, toilet train, poo troubles, lose the dummy, go to creche, etc and I'm pretty nervous! I'm sure I'll still be here venting to you all anyway. Glad you had a good day yesterday. Let us know how MG goes.

AFM, still plodding along. Gotta go get L some new clothes and more swaddleme wraps in a larger size - the porker just keeps piling on the pounds, he is in 00's now and he was born 2.8kg fitting 00000's! Some 000's still fit but just ever so...depends on the brand really. Had a so so night. MIL stayed over (she has stayed the last 3 Wednesday nights as it's her day off) and helped a lot. I fed and she would take L after to burp and put him back to sleep (well try to anyway) so all I had to do was whip the boobie out and go back to bed! Well I better go have a shower and get organised. Gotta go to the chiro and do a bit of shopping. Have a great day everyone

Kaz - sorry to hear about your nan.. they are never far away and I'm sure she is watching over you and Master J.

Nai - woot on the pergola being finished - not a member of facebook.

Holly - hang in there sweetie - it is just a phase and it will pass.

Ali - hope the CD is good

Heaven - DS doesn't like me eating too much chocolate, so the easter bunny visited DH but didn't visit me!

How are you partners going with the sleep disruption? Do you go to another room or do they sleep in another room? Would like to hear how you are handling it.

AFM - Went to the MCHN nurse on tuesday - after walking for 3 hours (to try and give DH some sleep time - don't get me started with that one - anyway at the clinic the nurse says "ohh he looks unsettled", then monster baby lets loose with a big cry and a huge chuck which goes right down the side of my shirt - his biggest to date! I had fed him before we left home and asked DH to burb him for me, which he didn't (not happy). Found out that Alex doesn't like me eating icecream or diet soft drinks because he kept throwing up for 24 hours after I had it (could have been a growth phase but it settled down). Do I dare say he's been a good baby and is sleeping at the moment. Had a talk yesterday on sleeping at the mums and bubs group and of course, DS slept through it!

Going to strangle DH at the moment - he's just been a PITA. He's still at home, 'working' overnight on his internet business, but he only takes DS for a few minutes, then when DS starts suckling DH goes "ohh he wants a feed" and hands him back - even if he has just had a feed! He goes on about the lack of sleep he's had. I do remind him that I've spent 6 hrs at the MILs house to give him time to sleep and its his own fault for not sleeping. Told him I'll buy a mattress and go on the floor in the nursery so I don't disturb him at night when he gets back to work but he doesn't want me to.

Tarkine- I sleep with Em and Df sleeps in the spare bed in what will become Em's room, that way he doesn't get too disturbed and he is next door to Ash, his job to get up to her if she wakes. It works for us. Df does same thing when Em starts suckling, have to keep reminding him that babies just want to suck alot not that they are hungry!

Holly- You think L is improving yet after yr appt? Hope you get more sleep with him, yay on weight gain, better to put on alot than not put on! A friend of mine her bub is little chubber too, he put on alot like L, think it equaled to 90g day! He looks healthy tho.

AJP- You should have been sleeping for those 9hrs! How is she after the vacs? All good today?

Heaven- Thats our prob most nights, Em is a shocker with wind and farts like trumpet! Maybe something I am eating who knows!

Ali- pmsl, just saw that infomercial last night for the millionth time and switched over, not much on at that time night. I end up watching weather on SBS.

OP- Let me know how chiro goes, a friend was recommending one for me the other day with Em being so windy and unsettled, she too only lays on one side, I try lie her on other side but within few mins she'll have rolled back other way seems to hate her left side.

Our visit to MCHN was good yesterday, Em put on average 25g day, spoke about wind and unsettled, she said to keep doing what I am doing and if gets worse maybe go see my GP, we both hoping that the increase in being unsettled in last week is due to the 6 week unsettled period and nothing more.

sara millie was a little unsettled sunday/monday and i blame the chocolate, i hope you got some rest today.

holly must be lovely having MIL stay!! i hope the chiro helps with leons neck, we took sophie when she was a baby too, she did have a flat spot.

shell how much does Emily weigh now???? im too lazy to turn on the tv during night feeeds, that and paranoid of waking sophie.

tarkine men seriously dont get it do they ...grrrrrrrrrrr they always assume babies need feeds as soon as the do something other than the norm! how much does A weigh???

really wished id slept better last night soooo tired today though cheered myself up with some retail therapy
    millie was weighed today shes now 5.25kg only up 250g in 2 weeks, 59cm long and head 38
    sophie is at my folks today so i have some lurking time on here while millie is sleeping

Em is 4.55 now, think she and Ash are pretty much same weight from when Ash was same age.

Tip for everyone, use the vacuum cleaner to get them to sleep! No I don't mean suck them up with it lol but I remembered when I vacuumed Em went off to sleep so we've set it up under her bassinet and when she wakes and cries turn it on and off she goes to sleep. Wait few mins and turn off again, she had a great sleep this morn best one ever. Hope it works everyday.

What did you buy Jols? I love shopping!

Hi girls, had a really annoying morning.

I turn up at the MCHN for my 10am appointment and the lady goes are you such and such and I said no this is Ashlyn asnd she said I dont have you in until 12midday! I said well I was going to be coming last thurs at 10am and my daughter was sick so the lady transefered the appointment straight over to the same time following week. Her response was well I am so sorry maybe you can just pop over to the shops and have a coffee?! WTF have a 2hour coffee with my 5wk old DD when I didnt have the pram or sling! What a moron! LOL! ANyway so I just said I am not coming back today and booked in for next week. SO annoying!

Didnt go to mothers group either! I am a slacker. I just didnt feel like it and was in a bad mood after my morning. Will go next week.

Trying to think what else is happening with me but cant right now. DD has been quite good the last 2 days. SHe is smiling so much at me and has a few other rally funny looks that she does!

Jols- I am a dag! I old DP I bought it for my parents! LOL! Hope you and Millie had a good day out together.
    Heaven- i think choccie does effect them. My dd is the queen of lettign them rip (better out than in), you can hear her in the next room!! Hope she sleeps well tonight for you.
    Holly- that is great MIL helps you out one day a week. Do you guys get on well? Hope the chiro appointment goes well.
    Tarkine- I have a DP like yours when it comes to "oh she's a bit unsettled I think she wasnts some milk"! They just dont seem to get that they could settle them as well if they tried. With sleeping, I co-sleep with DD in the bed and DP is in the spare room. I have had him in with us a couple of times but it just doesnt work cause he gets the cranks as DD is so noisy with feeding and I refuse to get out of bed to feed her as it just wakes her up to much. I feed her in the dark, just the light from the power point light is enough. It works for us. We both get better sleep and I am not stressing about waking him up and more room for DD and me! My aim is to put her in her cot at about 12 weeks but will see how we go!
    Shell- thats a good weight gain! Hope you girls had a lovely day.
    Kaz- How are things with DP at work Hope you and master J are well.
    Laura- Hows the house going? Did DP's mate help clean everthign up and has Logan asked you any questions about it? Hope you have had a good day.

to everyone else.

Ali - what a PITA.. not surprised you told them you'd be back next week.. hate it when people mess up appointments.

Shell - can I suck DH up with the vacuum cleaner? (hehe)

Alex has put on 260g each week - now weighs in at 5.5kg and is in the 75th percentile for height, so he's going to be tall.. don't ask me the rest of the stats, can't remember them.. another visit in a month.

Good news DH has a contract for 3mths - phew!! don't have to think about going back to work in June!!

Tarkine - yay on DH's contract!! Now you can relax a bit.

Ali - how annoying about the MHCN. LOL at you buying the CD and saying you bought it for your parents!

Holly - yay for MIL and I hope the chiro goes well. FWIW, my friend had a baby who was BF and gaining like Leon is. She just kept feeding her as normal and her DD is fine. She is 6 now and completely normal size - she was just obviously producing lots of good milk.

Shell - good idea about the vacuum!! I have used the hairdryer to settle Miss J but the vac is probably more practical. Hey I might even actually use it for it's intended purpose if I have it out

Heaven - I'm sure the chocolate does upset them a bit. However, I can't seem to stop eating it until it's all gone (I'm even eating DD1's - is that bad?)

AFM - I had a bit of an upset tummy yesterday so I missed exercise class but I did go to playgroup (not sure Miss J is really playing that much yet) and I went for a 5km walk this morning. I have yet another appointment tomorrow for that pesky umbilical granuloma. Hopefully it will be third time lucky and this will be the last time. We have our 8 week check on Monday and J's first lot of vaccinations

D'oh double post!

Ok - This has taken forever but I'm finally here for personals!!

Det - Thanks for your support with the feeding stuff hun! So sorry to hear about your Nan. I hope that tomorrow is ok and the twins cope alright. Hats off to you going to the zoo
    Ali - Well done for entertaining! I dream about being able to do that again. 4 hours out of the house deserves a too!! Sorry you had an annoying morning - that would be a PITA without a 5 week old! Hope tomorrow is better for you. Things have been ok with DP back at work but Mr. J is pretty good during the mornings/early pm and it's around 5pm that he starts to get unsettled so I've still got DP here for the witching hours.
    SJ - I had the same thing happen re: sore boob for a day or two and then it went away! Glad you had a good trip away.
    Shell - Sorry to hear Em still has bad wind so regularly. Sounds horrible. She's gaining weight well though! Great idea about the vac cleaner - will have to give it a go!
    Nai & Laura - Love the new avvys girls!! Lookin' good!
    Nai - Great news on the pergola getting finished! 5km OMG!!! Well done.
    Laura - How scary that you got raided! I hope Logan is not too traumatised. Sounds like they went over the top! Hope you're ok and that DP's friend has made it up to you guys.
    Holly - What a PITA to have to feed lying down all the time! You poor thing. It's a pity you can't share some of L's weight gain with Mr. J!!! Did the paed think he would grow into coping with the fast flow?
    OP - That's great that Isabel is doing so well with her milestones! I wish you were getting more sleep though. Hopefully it will pass soon.
    AJP - Great weight gain there too hun! Hope Millie was ok today after her shots.
    Tarkine - I think lack of sleep makes everyone a bit crazy! That was really good of you to give your DH a 6 hour break. Fantastic news that you can take more time off work. That's unreal. Great weight gains for Alex too.
    Hi to everyone else! Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.

AFM - Jacob put on 280g last week. So all that feeding, then expressing, feeding and then expressing and then feeding and expressing some more paid off. I was so relieved. I think my supply has increased although it still seems to drop in the afternoons/evenings just in time for his unsettled period. The two are probably related. Does anyone else find this too with their supply dropping in the pm? I am still expressing but now only 3-4 times a day and I've dropped back the amount he gets topped up too as of today. We still need to make sure he puts on good amounts each week but I'd like to phase out the expressing as a regular thing asap. It really ties me to the house, esp. when his feeds take a minimum of 40 mins.

We've had a pretty good day here. I was determined to get out of the house after more than a week pretty much stuck here (aside from two occasions of getting out for a short period) and we went down main street for nearly an hour - first time I've taken him anywhere without DP too! Felt very independent. Can't wait to drive again - Friday week I'll hopefully get the all clear.

a quickie
    still writing the eulolgy for tommorow and levi is all over me whilst i am typing lol

kaz- totally normal for low supply in late arvo/early evening-everyones does

your prolactlin level whilst is what makes our milk is at the highest between 1am and 3 am - so by late arvo it is at its lowest!
    hence whilst bubs often cluster feed during this time and are unsettled as well

levi is now eating my arm so better go and feed again- been feeding since 5pm
    mwah

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast