Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #4

Default Babies Born February 2006 #4

This thread is for parents of children who were born in February 2006.

The moderators for this forum are as follows

sherieb - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] Admin
    Christy - [email protected] Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

lol, took us a while to get to a number 4..

hi guy, we've just got zara a new kitten. she's himalayan x persian. she's very cute, fluffy and cheeky. she's 6 weeks old and fits easily into the palm of my hand.
    we have had a funny couple of weeks. we put our block on the market 2 weeks ago and it took 1 day to sell to a lady from sydney. we live in victoria. she's never seen it just brought it. we put our house on the market yesterday and have a very interested buying coming saturday. but our new block doesn't settle til feb! we are going to rent somewhere if the house sells for 12 months or so cause we worked out it will save about $20,000 in interest!
    kaydee good luck with the move!
    snowy great deal on the carseats...target stuffs up a bit. a girlfriend of mine picked up her layby, got home and found to have nearly almost all of her sisters layby as well (2 different names). so when her sister went to get her layby they couldn't find it and told her to go and get different things to the same value. there kids are getting heaps xtra for xmas this year.
    spoke with bec's mum a couple of weeks ago and she was taken kahlani to sleep school as she's been a bit unsettled. also she's finally over 6kg whic is great.
    take care

Wilson Guest

nice to see you guys again

Well we are great, we have moved from Sydney to brisbane last week and just getting settled in. Harrison started crawling just before we left and is now a pro crawls and gets into everything, just had a scare earlier he was following me into the kitchen and fell on the tiles and i thought he was just upset so i picked him up and cuddled him and then sw he had all this blood coming out his mouth, its finally eased now and he is sleeping i have him water and panadol and he was fine just kept bleeding its on his top gum poor little man i think mama felt worse though.
    He is sitting up and trying to stand up now leaning on things we have to get gates for our stairs in the new house.
    Still no teeth and he says Mama, Dada, Bubba, Nana and some other word we can't work out

Personals next time i just wanted to say hi and catch up its been ages since i was here last!!

Hello everyone,
    Nice to hear from you all.. It did take us forever to get to page 4. We are just very busy girls arent we?
    Such a busy time of year for us, Christmas is literally around the corner so I am trying to get as much done early so I dont have to worry when its the day before christmas! I'm slowly putting together a few things for Allegra. Not too much as she is still too little to understand about Christmas but enough for her to have paper to rip up which I know will be her fave part of the day!
    Allegra is crawling around the place too. She gets a bit lazy though and sits playing with her toys a lot. She is such a placid little thing... dada is her favourite word though!!!
    Hope to catch up more soon
    T x

Hi all, nice to hear from you!
    Teena, Dada is Ben's favourite word too. Im very happy it is, because it makes Dh feel more involved. No sign of Mama yet though, but i dont mind.

We are busy busy packing. I cant wait to move, i keep finding things wrong with this place (how fast it loses heat.. etc). Very annoying.

Anyway, Ben is still going good, nothing much to report here. Just wanted to push us up to the first page before we get lost.

take care!

hi,

just got news back my biopsy has come back as positive. so im having laser surgery to remove the growth and hopefully it won't grow back and i won't need further treatment. while i was pregnant with aiden it didn't grow due to the hormones you produce while being pregnant.
    we've had a bad couple of week with my family. my "pa" who is 87 had his bowel cancer removed and they found liver cancer so now he's going to have chemo. he doesn't want another operation. my 2nd cousin has been told she has the same arthritis as my dad shes only 22 and its a really rare and really really bad one. she will probably be in a wheelchair within 10 years. its so sad.
    lucky my kids and hubby and animals are all great.
    aiden is bum crawling just like zara did at his age. so he will probably be a late walker like she was.
    i hope everyone is ok.
    take care narelle

Oh Narelle, im so sorry to hear all that! I wish you all the very very best with your laser surgery. How horrible about your cousin, 22, geez, Im that age . I really hope its not as bad as they think it will become. And a for you and your Pa, Im crossing my fingers for his chemo.

We are STILL in the middle of moving. We are taking our time, Dh doesnt really have much time to do anything in a hurry, he is so very busy with work and Uni, he is gone pretty much 12 hours of the day.. PLUS Saturdays until 2pm.

Ben is just the same, Happy and cheerful.

I hope everyone else is happy and healthy.

Narelle - you are in my thoughts and prayers as are Pa and your cousin. Gosh life is a bit unfair isnt it? Sometimes I just wish that people who have so much on their plate just get a bit of a break.
    My mum is like this - she has no much happen to her (usually bad) but she just takes it and contimues going.. you name it. Her husband was killed, her children seriously injuried in a MVA, her sister dies in childbirth and she is left the grow up her child, she has to dear with my brothers cronic depression daily, her father died and the hospital didnt ring her to say you better hurry back and she missed being there when he passed on, she suffered ovarian cysts when she was 28 and had a hyster at 32... I hate it when she rings me with that voice and I know something else has happened. But she is one hell of a strong woman.
    I hope everyone else is well - we have swimming lessons this morning yay - its so warm in Sydney!
    Where is snowy? She must be getting really to head downunder soon...

thanks princess t.
    your mum sounds like an amazing and very strong women. allegra is very lucky to have such a wonderful grandmother and you a wonderful mum.
    sometimes we need to be very thankful for what we have!and make sure we get the most out of life.

I'm here!!

arrived in sydney on monday. all been hectic, unpacking etc.
    will type more soon
    kids v jetlagged and cranky

YAY snowy!! I hope you had a wonderful flight!! Good luck with the jet-lag!

Okay,
    my second try at posting. Yesterday Zara was on my lap and she was soooooooooo cranky. She is currently asleep but Wolf is awake and playing with his Lego, so I hopefully can type a bit more.

First of all, I meant to say: Narelle, I am so sorry to hear that the biopsy was positive and then so much further bad news in your family - it's just not fair! When are you having the tumor removed? My fingers are crossed for you that after the removal everything will be okay. This must be such a hard time for you.

Sarah - oh how awful about Harrison falling on his face. It's so heartbreaking when they hurt, isn't it. Zara jammed her hand in the drawer the other day and it looked so awful, I was really worried, she might have broken a finger, but it was all okay. (didn't teach her a lesson though... she still gets into everything...).
    Hope you are settled in your new home.

OKay, apparently I am posting in instalments... Wolf had pooed..

Teena - your description of your mom so reminds me of my Grandma. She was like that.

Katie - what a nice compliment! (and then weird comment from the old dude... just ignore it) The day we got of the plane, we stopped at Milsons Point to meet SIL on her way to work (we arrived at 6 a.m. and she really wanted to see us). We were walking around and this lady stopped and went "OMG - your son is so cute!" Totally made my day.
    Good luck with your move as well.
    Gee - it's like everyone is moving, hey? The first day we arrived I was so depressed because we had such a chaos here... and we still do, but at least all the boxes in the kitchen are unpacked now... but still so much to go. I am glad once we have evertyhing unpacked. I also got really depressed because a lot of our things didn't age well. The manchester has yellow stains everywhere - yuck - and our outdoor furniture and BBQ are rotting. We went to Freedom the next day and bought a heap of stuff to replace things. Feeling a bit more settled now, but now that they delivered everything yesterday, I have even more boxes and projects... I wanted to assemble the kids chest of drawers and it turns out all the screws are missing.... arrrrrrrrrrrg. Called Freedom and they said they would send some new ones but it would take a week! Doh!

Hi everyone!
    I'm new to this thread so thought I would post a quick message and introduce myself. I'm Heidi and my DS James Victor was born at 12:15am on 13 Feb by c/s after about 28 hours of labour. He and I were both fine and healthy, he was just posterior - then started to turn and got stuck halfway and also never dropped! He is now a happy, healthy 9 month old who keeps me on my toes as his bum/one knee form of crawling is actually VERY fast. He doesn't say any words yet - just baba and gaga when he is conversing and mama when he is tired or upset - I don't really think he has made the connection that mama is me but maybe he has. He can pull himself to a standing position but doesn't have enough balance and when he lets go he immediately falls back down. He is a bit off his solids at the moment but we are going with the flow and I'm sure his appetite will improve soon.
    I'm originally from Oregon in the US and moved to Sydney in 2000 when I married DH and I love it so much I would NEVER permenantly return to the US. I worked as a casual teacher in the primary schools until December last year and now I'm home full time with DS and loving it.
    I would love to get to know some of you better and be a part of this thread now that I found it! I will look forward to hearing from some of you.

snowy - welcome back to AUS! im having it removed on doctors orders. it CIN 3, a severe growth that has got bigger in the last 3 months. so at this stage i don't have cervical cancer but are only a stage away from it so it much be removed. he then told i get right back to having more babies, yip eeh!!! well maybe have to wait a month or 2 before trying but thats ok aiden will be nearly 1 by then.

welcome to the feb group heidi!!

kaydee glad to hear your move is going well.

oh yes forget to mention aiden is say "mum mum mum mum" all the time but not dad which is driving tim insane, ha ha, zara said dad 1st so he thought aiden would do the same.

i'll check back in soon i must go and give aiden some lunch.

bye narelle

Welcome Heidi! Its always great to see new faces (ok, well not SEE, but you know what i mean) in here. Thats really cool you moved from the Us. I'm living in Germany with my German husband (but I'm an Aussie). I miss home so much...

Talking about home. We are definately coming home in July next year!! Dh will be coming over for 3 weeks, and Ben and I will stay for a few months. i cant wait! the in-laws will be flying there with us, but they are going their own way once we arrive. BIL is also coming, which will be interesting. MIL and BIL speak absolutely no english, and FIL is partially deaf, and you pretty much have to yell at him sometimes for him to hear you. And his english is still in the basics, so im a bit nervous for them (actually, im VERY nervous for them). But im excited they are coming... It will be very good for them. We are booking the flights next month.

Narelle, WOW TTC so soon after Aiden. Oh i really wish i had your courage! I think we will start trying when Ben is coming up to 2. After i get back from Oz. Im so scared Dh will be like "no, 2 is enough" and not want to have a 3rd though... He is always talking about how great it was just to have 1 sibling. Plus, its "normal" here to have only 1 or 2 kids. Whereas, in my mind 3 or 4 kids is the "norm" for me :-)

lol, i just remembered, we are moving today and Im supposed to pack up the rest of the house before Dh gets home for Uni. I cant be bothered at the moment, Its dark and rainy outside, and i just feel like cuddling up on the couch with a blanket and cup of tea and watch infomercials.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast