Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006 #3

Default Babies Born February 2006 #3

This thread is for parents of children who were born in February 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

sherieb - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

February '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: narelle
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 3rd February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6 1/2 oz (3360gms)- Length 49cms - Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Aiden Jay
    Baby's Website: none
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

Forum Name: Allison
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4/02/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2790g, 48.5cm, 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Anais (pronounced Anayeese)
    Baby's Website: none
    Health Concerns: Baby born with cord wrapped around neck 3 times nice and tight, Mum had a 2 litre blood loss a few hours later
    Notes: Baby doing well now, apart from some feeding difficulties (possibly lactose intolerant)
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum name: Kas
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 18th February 2006
    Baby Stats: Weight- 5pd 5oz (2405gms) Length- 47cm, Head circ- 32cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Babys name: Liam Brock
    Health concerns: Low blood sugars at birth and for the first few days due to small birth weight (self correcting), all is fine now!
    Notes: Induced at 38 weeks due to rising blood results (pre eclampsia) and placental insufficiency causing small birth weight which was monitored throughout pregnancy.

Forum Name: mummyof2boys
    Baby's DOB: 18th Feb 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight-8lb 6oz Length-52cm Head Circ-39cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Henry Eric
    Baby's Website: http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/dreamydays86/?action=view&current=1158120430.pbw
    Health Concerns: Born with an extremely large head. needed head scans to ensure no fluid. All was fine. Had tongue tie snipped. Spent a night in
    hospital with a chest infection.
    Notes: He has 4 teeth now and army crawling around!

__________________________________________________ ______________

Forum Name: MBear
    Baby's DOB: 19th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.095kg/52cm/36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl :GIRL
    Baby's Name: Sophie Isabella
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/twoprincesses/
    Health Concerns: Choking episode 12 hours after birth. Spent night in neonatal ward and monitored for 24hrs. All ok now.
    Notes: Born in Emergency section of Hosp. Very quick labour. No stitches, tears or drugs. Nearly didnt make it to hospital. DH prepared to deliver on side of road......!!!

Forum Name: Wishful
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB: 19th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 6'12" - Length 49.5 - Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Brianna Leigh
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Wilson
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 21st February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 40z, 52cm, 33cm
    Baby's Name: Harrison Mark Lister
    Baby's Website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarsjan...7594050544875/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Nadine
    Baby's DOB: 22nd February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9kg, Length - 52cm, Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Kayla Ann
    Baby's Website: Click on my www link
    Health Concerns: Was a bit jaundiced.
    Notes: Had a 20hr labour all up. Had an Epidural and Kayla was born by forceps delivery. It was all well worth it though!

Forum Name: Snowgirl
    State: London, UK
    Baby's DOB: 23.02.2006
    Baby's Stats: 3350g - 52cm - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Zara Genevieve
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 2nd emergency caesarean after induction, 7cm haematoma on bladder which will have to be surgically removed if it doesn't shrink (send me some shrinking vibes)

Forum Name: Apple
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 24th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 80z, 50cm, 34.5cm
    Baby's Name: Bonnie
    Baby's Website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmao/s...7594062126800/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Kaydee84
    Baby's DOB: 25th February 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3820 grams Length - 51cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Baby's Name: Ben Oliver
    Baby's Website: http://luexmann.myphotoalbum.com
    Health Concerns: None.
    Notes: 3 days of hospital induction. Ben finally decided to arrive very quickly on the third day. 3 - 4 hours official labour. No drugs (no time!!). 13 days over EDD.

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

Welcome Allison and little Anais. Sounds like you had a bit of a hard birth. Poor little Anais having the cord wrapped around her neck. I am glad she is ok. And you loosing so much blood. It must of taken alot out of you. My mother lost alot of blood when my sister was born. It was due to the placenta detatching from the uterus wall. She woke up one morning in bed laying ina huge puddle of blood, and you can imagine how much a mattress soaks up. My sister was born via emergency c-section at 36 weeks. She was healthy and strong but it was touch and go for my mum. Anyway...my mum had lost alot of blood and I think it took her about 6 months to get all her energy back. But... you probably didn't want to know all that, LOL. Can't wait to get to know you

Kayla is doing well. I got her up this morning though and she started to vomit, although nothing was coming out because her tummy was empty. Am hoping it was just due to being very hungry and that she isn't coming down with something. She has kept her milk down so far and seems happy so I will just keep an eye on her.

My Oma (dad's mum) is coming over from Germany tomorrow morning. She is 76 this yeara nd my Aunty wanted to put her in a nursing home. She is a little forgetful, but is definately not needing to go into a nursing home. I think becasue she doesn't really have anyone where she lives (besides the residents in the unit block), she is just going crackers from being alone too much. She has always been up and about and always travelling her whole life, and has always ,lived in a house with a garden and always had something to do. So I think being cooped up in a unit on her own makes you deteriorate quickly iykwim. Anyway....dad said that is not going to happen to his mum, and he wants to care for her untill the end. In th meantime we arte going to put soem life back into her. I haven't seen her in 7 years and for my sister it has been 11 years. She will be staying 3 months at a time, untill dad gets her permanant residency (which is ALOT of paper work). It will be nice to see her, and I am sure she is very excited to see us all again and to meet her first little great grandchild (Oh and to meet DH too)

Hi girls and bubs!
    Well its our last day at our shop in on friday, stocktake on saturday and that's its! officially un-employed!!!!! Yip-ehh!!!!!! can't wait for some time off. going to melbourne for a few nights and laping up the attention in a swish motel,off to the zoo, aquariam and lots of fun places. and in the next couple of weeks it's new cars for all.
    aiden and zara are both going well, we've all had a slight does of the flu. aiden is off to health centre on thursday and needles on friday (im only a week behind). he's still sleeping really well...someone posted about bubs waking early we keep aiden up later until 9ish and he sleeps until 9ish so maybe try that or if bubs wake early (like aiden was at 5am) put in the dummy i tend to find now they only want that sucking reflex. aiden will only take the dummy at night before bed now.
    i hope everyone is well.
    take care.

Sorry I have been missing in action!

Firstly - Allison, hello there - guess who I am - Emma (and Bonnie) from your mum's group! How uncanny - that we are in the same mum's group and here you are here too! I'll be seeing you tomorrow hopefully!

Things have been CRAZY for us, so I havent been on here at all. We did go to the mother and baby unit and things seemed to be goign ok in there, but when we got home things just got worse and worse, to the point that for the last 3 weeks Bonnie has been sleeping absolutely terribly, catnaps in the day, crying when awake, and waking hourly at night (hope tht makes your 2hly waking seem ok Mbear!) Things are just mad and I am running on empty.
    Bonnie has been losing weight and only weighs 5kg at the moment, considering she was 3.85kg at birth, that's a pretty poor weight gain in 3+ months. We ended up at the Childrens Hospital last week for three nights as they were doing test to see what is wrong... couldnt find anything. Back again on Tuesday and the paedatrican has started her on NEocate - an allergy free formula, so there goes my breastfeeding career, but eh - she wasnt feeding well anyway.
    So we have any extremely unsettled, upset and wakeful baby on our hands, certainly not how I imagined motherhood. I have great help from mum and MIL, otherwise I'd be a goner!
    So we still arent at the bottom of it all, and we continue to get up to Bonnie every hour, then spend 45-60 mins rocking her back to sleep as it's the only way she will go to sleep, she just fights it.

Life is tough and I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel really soon.

Hopefully I'll get back again soon,

em

Oh Emma - sorry that things are still not on the up with Bonnie. I can imagine how exhausted you must be.A few weeks ago Allegra was also waking up a lot too and it is tough on the constitution.
    Sending you my love and also love to all the mums out there.
    T

Oh Em, I was wondering why you were MIA from here and there. I can't imagine what you, DH and Bonnie are going through right now. I swear our babies do the opposite of the other.

I'll try and update on us later today, as well as catch up the past 4 weeks.

Wilson Guest

I've been wondering about you Emma, so sorry to hear how tough a time it is for you guys at the moment, hope it gets better soon.
    Thinking of you

Emma, you poor thing. It must be really hard on you and your hubby. It is good to hear that you have the support of your family. I hope thye work out soon what is going on with Bonnie.

Take care. Thinking of you.

Emma, I too was wandering how you and Bonnie were. Im so sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. I hope Bonnie takes to the allergy free formula with no problem! Thinking of you!

Welcome Allison and Anais!

Well, it has been quiet in here.. I suppose you all doing what ive been doing lately, reading the posts, but not really replying due to lack of time. I really cant be bothered typing sometimes.

things here are going very well. Dh has a 4 day weekend this week, i am really looking forward to it. Found out my dad is marrying his long term girlfriend (who i dislike due to awful childhood experiences, she is a mean mean lady hmpf) in August. So, im trying to fly back home for that, however i doubt i will... Its pretty expensive. Might just stick to my original plan and go back in May next year for 3 months. Im sure my dad will understand.

Ben is going well. He is now sleeping in his cot, got too big for the basinette. He loves it, thank goodness. I was so afraid it would disrupt his sleeping pattern, but if anything, its made it better. So thats good news.

Ive been really lazy and hadnt made an appointment for my 6 week check-up at the gyno. After going 2 times for my uterus infection in the 3rd week, and to the hospital a few weeks later, i was so sick of doctors and check-ups... And when i did call to make an appointment i had to wait 5 weeks for one! Because my gyno is the only woman one around, everyone goes to her, and she has an enormous waiting list. Anyway, ended up going yesterday, and she was very happy with everything. Said im "back to normal", and gave me a prescription for the mini-pill. So im happy everything is fine.

Well, not much else to report. My birthday is next week, and for the first time in my life, i keep forgetting!

welcome allison and anais!

glad to hear from your emma. im sorry to hear you are having a little trouble...IT WILL GET BETTER...just make sure you take some time for you.

aiden went to health centre today for his 16 week check-up even though he's 17 weeks 2morrow. he now weighs an amazing 8.1kg! but is only 62cm long. he should be due for a growth spurt soon. other than that all very well.

were off to melb next week for a few days for some R&R...off too the zoo, aquariam etc. can't wait.

take care

ps: bek...saw your mum today and she said things are going well with you...she said theres been a few hassles i hope everything is ok.

Allison Guest

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    Emma, was good to see you today, I hope things start settling down on the formula. Anais has been sleeping much better during the day.....except today. she didn't go to sleep until we got home, and has been pretty horrible until about a half an hour ago. what can you expect when she doesn't sleep all afternoon? she gets so easily distracted.... which doesn't help with the feeding.

Nadine, re: the big bleed, a lot of the nurses attributed it to the fact that i have red hair... i'm not exactly sure why. some say that it was just bad luck, others say that it is likely to happen again. i hope not. the stomach pummeling was not a nice experience. the birth experience wasn't all that bad (thanks to Mr Epidural.... i had 14 hours of contrations to be dilated 1 cm) up until she started coming out. it was all downhill from there. its a pretty long story, but i might tell you about it some other time......

Hope you are all having a good week

talk to you all soon!

Narelle - OMG! 8.1 kgs?? WOW!
    have fun in Melb next week! Oh i miss Melbourne soooooooooooooo much. I had a sooky session the other day, im missing home so much. I love the Aquarium. I love to just sit in that big room and stare at the fish, so relaxing. I love Zoos aswell. I am so lucky, here we have 2 huge Zoos about 20 mins away from here. I also love to sit and watch the animals. haha, look at that, 4 "love"s in one paragraph.

Thing i forgot to mention... Ben has an awkwardly shaped head, due to facing the left when we sleeps. Nothing we do makes him face the right. We even have this special pillow thing, and he still manages to turn his head to the left. Reason he does that is because he sucks his left thumb (must be a left-hander). Last time we saw the doc, he said we really need to try to get him to sleep facing the right, or he will end up with an "ugly shaped head". But NOTHING we have tried works (special pillows, dummy to stop him sucking thumb...). Dh and I laugh (nicely) about his head, and most people said it should correct itself... Most people dont even notice until we point it out. But if nothing works, he might have to wear a helmet!! OMG, i dont want my baby to have to wear those things! Does anyone have any advice?

I hope you are all doing well!

Wilson Guest

Welcome Allison and Annais

Katie - We had to go to a peadiatrician a while ago and she said the same thing we need to switch his head position or he will have a flat side...thankfully he switches himself cos its impossible to make them do something they don't want to do

Narelle - Wow on Aiden's 8kilos thats great, and congrats on selling your business hope you have a nice break, what will you guys do then just relax and enjoy or start something else?

Nadine - How exciting your Oma is here,must be nice after all this time.

Us - We are doing great, went and got Harrison weighed and checked the other day and he is right where he should be they said, he's 6.5 kilos, head is 41cm and length is 64cm, i had my first laugh the other day and it was so cute, was singing a song to him and waving his arms around and when we got to the chorus he would get all excited and laugh (could be he is laughing at his mums terrible singing though as well )

We bought another pram as well a stroller, i got so sick of the size of the valco in the shops etc so now we have the stroller to take on hols and use in the shops and the valco for walks etc, if i had known i think i would have just gone a strollery type pram instead but i didn't know

He is doing great at nights now as well which is a nice change, some nights he is a bit different but mostly he is asleep by 8pm and wakes around 6-7am, sometimes we have to get up quickly and put the dummy back in and he goes straight back off to sleep but thats ok i don't mind 2 minutes of been up just not an hour of feeding him.

He has constipation yet again so we are changing his formula to a HA type the nurses said that should help with that so fingers crossed it does, but other than that not much happening, we go to Mothers group and i've joined a gym to get rid of the excess baby weight, they have a creche so they mind him there while i go which is good, nice and close by.
    We have some trips away coming up, Harry and i are flying to my parents for 2 weeks at the end of June, then in July the 3 of us are going to townsville where hubby is from to visit the rellies for a week and then in August i'm going home for 4 days again only because i stuffed up the booking lol

Hope you are all well and the little bubs are doing great,!

Emma- So sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time with Bonnie. {{{HUGS}}} to you. There always is a light at the end of the tunnel though. I hope that the formula will work for her.

Katie- kayla has the exact same thing with the head. At her 6 week check with the pead, he said to roll up a clth nappy or towel and place it under her left side of her mattress. This worked and so we then got rid of it as she was turning her head to the her left then too. The pead also recommended ALOT of tummy time. ie. 20min at a time, 3times a day. The back of the right side of her head is only a little bit flat now, but when I look at her and hold her to look into the mirror, I can see that one side of her head pops out further then the other. Looks a little wonky. I have been told that it will correct itself as she gets older, but not sure as it was just said by people not doctors iykwim. I think I may take her to the pead again and ask what else can be done. I have heard about the helmet too, and am willing to use it when she sleeps. Better then having a wonky head me thinks

Narelle- WOW 8.1kgs. That is pretty impressive LOL.

Sarah- Kayla seems to be around the same with her length and weight as Harrison. She is 6.4kg unclothed and 64 cm long. not sure about her HC, but probably bigger then his LOL. That's great that you get some time to go on holidays as a family. I am sure it will be relaxing for you. Hmmm....that means we miss our thursday meets

kaydee - zara did the same thing as a bub...we were told to put her in her rocker or pram and hang something on the other side for her to look at...it worked a treat.

aiden had his needles this morning...just a quick cry and now he seems ok.

wilson - for a month or so we're unemployed! i work 1 day a week a mum and dad's business which will turn into 2 soon and tim is going back teaching. he's hoping to get work at the local special school we are just waiting to hear back or if not there is heaps of emergency teaching and that's great money.

take care

I am glad -well not really glad, just relived- that some other little bubbas have flat heads from lying in the same spot all the time. I noticed Liam's head going flat on the right hand side at about 8 weeks or so and have tried to lay him on the oposite side ever since. But as you would all know once you are asleep you can't keep turning them back. I might have to try the rolled up nappy idea under him when he sleeps. As he is still in the snuggle bed in our room i should only have to prop up under the side i would think, and i might spin his bed around as it probably also has something to do with wanting to face me......if only i thought of that earlier!!
    What is the helmet you are talking about Nadine? I have never heard of anything such as this.

Welcome to Allison and Annais

Emma i hope Bonnie starts to become a little more cooperative so you can get some much deserved rest. I am glad you both have the support of both your mums. I hope the formula will make a difference with her. It is just so frustrating when they can't tell you whats wrong. I am sure the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

Wow at how great all the bubbas doing with their weight gains. Last time Liam was weighrd he was 4.35kg and that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so i am guessing he would be at least 5kg now. Howvere he is still wearing 4 0's and just stept into a few smaller 3 0's that i had for his brother. He is getting a bit of a chubby face now and some rolls in his groin. I am hoping he hits a growth spurt soon as he has his christening in a few weeks and little suit is going be huge on him if he doesn't a grow bit.

Narelle what a brave little man you have Liam screamed at his last needles so i am not looking forward to next weeks.

Sorry to cut it short it is tucker time for the little man
    Take care

Im relieved the head things is quite common. Thanks guys, Our doctor also recommended rolling up a towel.. But Ben still manages to face to left. So we bought this special pillow thing, that acts as the rolled towel, and has a foam stopper on the other side so he cant roll onto his belly... and he STILL manages to face the left (even though his body is lying facing the right!), he is addicted to his left thumb!!! We have also put things on the right in his cot to try to tempt him to face there.. and even moved his bed so its right was facing the light. I think we will try adding more tummy time aswell, see if that helps any.

Wilson, isnt is cute when they get excited?? Ben gets excited when i change his nappy sometimes, cant stop kicking his legs (which is very annoying when im trying to put a new nappy on him). He also laughs when i dance around him or make funny sounds, and when i laugh with him, he laughs even more!! sooooo cute.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast