Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #12

Default Babies Born February 2007 #12

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-11-a.html

Woo hoo!!!! I'm first.

Jayne - Jamie's teacher was fine the day before, the note said that her death came as a shock, so I am guessing it wasn't an illness etc... not sure what happened though.
    As for Harrison... I think I am going to be the one with issues when he goes into his own room... Rob and I fell asleep on the sofa bed the other night, and could have stayed out there all night, but I was stressing because I wasn't near Harrison... I am terrible when I am away from him... I was never this bad with the other kids... I guess it's because of losing Noah.

Today we all went to Blackbutt reserve (which is a Nature reserve down the road from where we live) and it is just gorgeous... Harrison fed the ducks, and saw emu's and koalas and wallabies and wombats and loads of different birds... we had a picnic and we all had the best time... can't wait to go back when it is warmer
    Last edited by Lisa; May 3rd, 2008 at 05:26 PM.

Hello!!

Jayne, I'd love to meet you! There are a few parks we could meet at.

It's my lil brothers 18th today and we are all going out for dinner! I'll be sure to take photos and upload them

Filled in a questionnaire the hospital sent out. not too sure what to think of it just yet, as most of the questions I answered "not yet". So not sure whether thats good or bad. lol

Hi Girls,
    We're at my DH's parents place atm for a week. I get along really well with them and it isn't weird at all the DH isn't here with me. It is my home away from home and they are loving having Tobi here. They can totally understand now what I mean when I ring up and say that I am exhausted after looking after Tobi. He is such a busy little baby and has so much energy to burn. But such a happy little guy too. The walking is getting there, but still not keen to give up the crawling yet. We took him to Australia Zoo the other day and he loved it. Koalas are his definite favourite and he patted them three times. We went to the beach too and the sand was a very bit hit. If you dug a hole, he sat in it (so we buried him). If you built a castle, he knocked it down...he wasn't quite sure about the water though.

Kym - So glad to hear that Monkey is getting teeth. I bet you are a little relieved, even though it wasn't a real concern. Losing Saturday work sounds like a great idea for the family, but we hardly get to catch up as it is during the week. Your going to have to be so much more organised to fit everything in. I hope Monkey is self settling again soon. She's a good girl and will get there.

Jayne - I have been thinking about a big boy bed for Tobi. I think I will take him out of the cot at about Christmas time. We are going to try for number 2 when DH gets home in August, so I want to have Tobi into a bed well before next baby comes. But as far as themes. I am thinking that I will keep a lot of the same stuff until he can really work out what he wants (which could be by then). At this stage he hasn't taken a liking to any particular thing (other than stuff animals).

Sally - Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday. Let us know how it goes with his tongue.

Lisa - sorry to hear about James's teacher. Are the kids getting counselling or anything?

Me - I have been really tired last few weeks. I am guessing it has to do with holidaying plus this shake diet. I have lost 7kg this month, which is awesome. I now weigh less than what I did when I was married. I was really faint when I had my AF last week and then I realised I hadn't eaten red meat for three weeks. Take note...eat more red meat. Could explain why I have been so tired too.

What are you all doing for Mothers Day?

Jamies whole school has been offered counselling... I am not sure if Jamie is going to take it or not... I think it was more about the shock of losing a teacher that got to him more than anything.

Not much to report today... just cleaning and checking emails... DH has been home all weekend so that has been brilliant!!!

Wow... I seem to have lost my ticker... oh well... the site must be down.
    Anyway, I have just finished uploading some photos onto my facebook, and I can't be bothered putting them elsewhere lol... so if you wanna have a look at them, click Here
    Last edited by Lisa; May 5th, 2008 at 09:51 AM.

you guys are all too funny and know me so well.....
    yep already thinking about big girls room, have found perfect toddler bed at ikea that will match jem's bookshelf etc but trying to decide if we go carebears or flower fairies or just keep with the shabby chic thing she has happening at the moment, will most likely definately get the bed and wait and see when i feel like her being in big bed unless i get pregnant then will try and organise stuff so that she is definately not in the cot for the couple of months before next bub is due
    teeth brushing - freak child that got teeth at 5 months got a toothbrush and baby toothpaste not long after that, LOVES brushing her teeth, the nurse did say though and this is stupid and annoying that she should be brushing her teeth twice a day the seconed time after her nighttime feed, which i dont follow coz her nighttime feed settles her to close to sleep and if i put something mega exciting like teeth brushing in between i doubt it would work
    jemima still has no real words happening lots and lots and lots of babbling she is really going to be a chatterbox when she starts talking, i am not worried though am sure she will pick heaps of stuff up at daycare etc
    still hate the idea of daycare but do need the break, this will only be a little working stint i think to 'get it out of my system' and get some of the weight i put on on holidays off (i ate for 16 days) and to get some money for next holiday that i am already planning heheheehehe

holiday was awesome so very awesome, jemima was an angel, she was stuck on australia time which was perfect it meant that we could go out for dinner at 7pm and that was her dinnertime being her 5pm but even better her normal wake up of HER 6am was OUR 8am so we slept in every day of holidays!!!!! she slept in the car between every town and she slept on the planes every flight, i cant ask for much more than that!!!!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=672125417 try that to get to see some photos of the holiday - she got to eat snow and got to play on swings in some very pretty places
    i have put on so much weight on the holidays i am about to weigh myself and not look and get benji to write it down and then do it again in 2 weeks THEN see what the damage is ho hum

kymmmmmy did monkey wean one or two feeds last week??? both at once would be hard to adjust to for your body and your mind??? how often were you feeding??? i feed jem in the morning (this one i think she could take it or leave it but when she wants it she wants it bad, but sometimes she forgets for ages that she wants it) and the nighttime before bed feed which i like to have except that she is starting to pull harder on my hair while she is feeding which i hate

i think that was all i could think of to reply to...... oh yeah i so would have been first to reply to thread if i was not overseas hehehehe

Welcome back Kell!!! Glad you had a great time... your pics are gorgeous... I especially love the one where Benji has Jemima's fingers in his mouth keeping them warm... Jemima looks so happy in it... it is a perfect shot.

Hi Girls,
    Just a quick one from me tonight....What is everyone's babies doing these days as far as sleeping? Tobi is so out of whack and I know that we are on holidays, but I am thinking (and wishing against it) that he is ready to go to one sleep. How much is each of your bubs sleeping during the day and at night?
    Welcome back Kel. The photos are great and I am so glad to hear that jem had a great time and was so good with sleeping while on the road.
    Hope you are all well and happy
    Take Care
    Tash

hey hey tashie - i was actually going to ask you how you planned on enforcing 2 naps for as long as possible before tobi was 2years as i didnt think that one was our choice but if we were luckky we could guide them towards having the naps at certain times.....
    jemima didnt have her afternoon nap today and seemed ok.... and her afternoon nap (unless we were in the car) has been getting shorter and shorter... this is great but i am a little worried coz i know daycare wants all the bubs to be sleeping around 11.30.... which wont be convienent for me on the weekends or when i am not working..... but yeah without afternoon nap jemima still sleeps through and as you said holidays makes it hard to work it all out but jemima was pretty similar on holidays as she had been at home (when we figured out she was stubborn and was not changing her watch to kiwi time)

i cant remember what else i was going to say - but thanks for the welcome back

Tashie -
    Harrison had his morning nap at 10:30-11am and usually had his afternoon nap around 2:30ish... now he doesn't seem to thrilled to be having his afternoon nap unless we're driving in the car... and he is wanting his morning naps a little later in the day too, so it's now between 11-11:30am that he goes down now.
    He has been a shocker with getting to sleep at night lately too. I think because we're still awake, and James and Madeleine are still awake when he goes to bed, that he doesn't want to go, and throws the biggest tanties over it... maybe it is because of his teeth though, but I really can't wait for this phase to pass.

Tashie -
    Harrison had his morning nap at 10:30-11am and usually had his afternoon nap around 2:30ish... now he doesn't seem to thrilled to be having his afternoon nap unless we're driving in the car... and he is wanting his morning naps a little later in the day too, so it's now between 11-11:30am that he goes down now.
    He has been a shocker with getting to sleep at night lately too. I think because we're still awake, and James and Madeleine are still awake when he goes to bed, that he doesn't want to go, and throws the biggest tanties over it... maybe it is because of his teeth though, but I really can't wait for this phase to pass.

KEL _ My fave of your holiday pics is the one of Jem & Benji in bed, both with bibs on & eating their room service! That IS classic! I love it! How is she now that you're settled in at home & it's not go, go, go? Hey, when does she start daycare?

LISA _ How is Cohens going? My gf who went on Cohens & now looks like a supermodel has been recruited to them! She is now training to be a consultant! How awesome is that?

TASH _ I"m jealous that he is only just going to 1 sleep now. Claudia was on 1 sleep from about 10 months. She does have stints where she will have 2 sleeps but mostly it's just 1. She has a new trick of going to sleep on the lounge & she will sleep for HOURS!!!!!!! Naughty girl.

OK, sorry, I'll come back for personals. Little people are needing my attention!

Love Jayne xox

Hiya Jayne,
    Right now, Cohens is a no go for me... it is a loooooooong story and I really can't say a great deal about it, but basically, I discovered that the eating plan I had was not written for me... I would still lose the weight etc, but if I continued with it to goal, I wouldn't get the intended results (restored metabolism, minimal fat stores etc)...
    Soooo... I had to go and have the bloodwork redone, and now I am going through the Perth based clinic (which is Cohens Aust's Base), and just waiting for my new program to arrive.
    Thanks for asking though... and a huge congrats to your friend... she must be soooo proud of herself

Hello everyone

Just a quick one today, just got back to mums from our appt, which didn't go as well as expected.

Brendan weighs 9.4kg and is 75cms tall.
    Developmentally he is more like a 10 month old in most areas.
    He has to see a Occupational therapist, so we can get some excercises to work on.
    And they didn't fix his tongue tie. They are going to discuss it and get back to me. The paed seem to think that they may leave it until 2yrs of age!

Hope everyone else is good

Oh wow, I wonder if it's going through our Cohens? The one that my gf is starting to work at is in Booragoon. Gee, sounds like a big muff up on their part, hope you can get it all sorted very soon.

Nope... it was just ny clinic and 1 other... all the other clinics were fine. Booragoon is now the one I am going through, so I might end up chatting with your friend eventually

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast