Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #13

Default Babies Born February 2007 #13

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-12-a.html

New thread already! And I'm #1 again

pegasus Guest

Tashie
    To be honest I reckon he could track my posts, but he'd have to read everyone's posts to get an ID on the author. But the issue he made apparent was I could not identify DD or him. But I knew that was a cover to keep me from having friends.
    Good luck on the weight loss. I think joining a gym would be a good idea too, exercise with new people. Makes it fun and Tobi can make new friends in playgroup.

Who's TTC atm? I'm definitely not lol! I have a close friend who's also my ex before XP and maybe one day we'll be together, maybe we won't. I'm giving me and therefore us time to see whether it could go in that direction, otherwise I'll just try my hardest to move north to my family.

Flutterby got her seventh tooth yesterday. She ate well up until about 4pm. Then she started getting cranky. Her cheeks flamed up, which happens only half the time when she's teething. So I gave her some Dymadon and she was ok. As dinner was cooking (roast chook) she got more and more irritable. She was screaming and I tried calming her down. She wouldn't eat dinner, so I ran her bath early. That's when I saw her nappy area bright red. Toxic poo rash. So while she was in the bath I put it all together: rash and not eating, red cheeks, her tooth must have popped through. I was right. Poor bubba. She always goes off her food when teeth actually cut. Good news though, despite not eating any dinner, she did eat her dessert. Home made apple crumble. My housemate's kids didn't much like the apple crumble but they said thay like jelly so I'll make that next roast night.

I'm thinking about making a layby for cloth training pants. DD might be ready to start toilet training in summer and I'd prefer to not need to constantly undo and do up cloth nappies. Darlings DownUnder do laybies, and i think there are other sites. I'm just unsure what size and type to get. Do I get the cheaper $14-16 ones or splash out for the nicer covered, more absorbant ones $20-30 each. What are your thoughts?

On another note, thyroid deficiencies/overactivities are very common after pregnancy. Its one of the main causes of depression, weight trouble and other things. Some people get it worse than others. I hope your doctors are trying hard to right things for you.

Love to you all

ps i tried to post and four of you posted as i was typing and the thread changed. dang i'm slow lol

I so thought I was in with a shot at being first - and only got 3rd!!! We did seem to fill the last one quickly didn't we....

Tash, you look awesome at the moment and I can understand the goal weight etc, but I'm with Kel, don't beat yourself up if you don't get there..... maybe wait till a couple of days before DH gets home, then shave (or wax or whatever...) your legs - you never know, after so long it might shed another 1/2-1kg !!!

And along the topic of budgets, we have gone through phases where we've had them, but I just can't really keep a close track these days.... when we were reeeeally skint recently (before my lovely mother saved the day) I would only have to know the bank balance to know what we could and couldn't afford - ie usually nothing nonessential!! Life is a bit happier these days, and we are starting to even pay off some debts.

The one thing that I do though, is I worked out last year our fortnightly cost of utility bills/expenses like car etc... (minus groceries) and I have an automatic deduction of that amount from our bank acc into our ING direct. Then whenever I pay a bill, I take back that amount - it's a very simplistic and some would say silly system, but simple is good for me and the money earns good interest in ING while its there - its also nice to have a little stash for emergencies.....

Am going to set up a kids saver for Monkey when I get my butt into gear.... I know heaps of you already have those, I'm usually behind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    On another note, thyroid deficiencies/overactivities are very common after pregnancy. Its one of the main causes of depression, weight trouble and other things. Some people get it worse than others. I hope your doctors are trying hard to right things for you.
    hey - where did you find out that??? do you know someone who has personally had it?? i would love to talk to them??!! i think my doctor is on the ball though really trying to sort things out

i am TTC but apparently all the hormones needed to do so are low for me at the moment so as soon as that is fixed i will be prengant again, benji has been wanting another baby since jemima was born!

tashie - 8kg since he went away that is so cool, i almost wish benji would go away so i could have that kind of motivation!!!

and lisa - i hate you - no JOKING 6kg in 5 days wowowowowooeoeoeowowoo wowow wozers that is so cool every 7kg is a dress size!

Hey Girls,

Had a great morning met a friend and went for an hour and a 1/2 walk around teh Perth foreshore followed by hot choclate and scones, and baby free!! Julian took Erin to his Parents and are still there so I have cleaned the house and feel very content. Bugger though My water bottle leaked all over my mobile so its stopped working so looks like I will have to try and buy a cheapy one and put my sim card in it.

LISA - I used to before having Erin be Customer Service Manager for a model car company i was there for 6 Years. Thanks to that my hubby also has a huge collection which are still packed away in boxes since we moved. I would say her wooule have close to 300 and they are teh large 20 cm ones. I would love him to sell them as talot of them are autographed by the racing car drivers like Brocky, Moffat and **** Johnson. They all have numbered certificates and as I was staff I used to get all the low numbers like 3 and 5 so I would say his collection would be worth close to $20,000. I have buckleys chance of him selling them.
    PEG - Yay for another tooth, Erin has a mouth full wouldn;t evern be able to count how many. Good for you thinking of toilet training already. That is another hurdle we will have to face.Glad you are getting things on track honey and good luck with the potential partner.
    TASH - you have done favbulous hon,I reckon DH will be jumping out of his skin to see you.
    KYM - Yay for getting stuck into those debts. I know on one wage we just seem to stay the same never really getting ahead. I guess when I am back at work we will see that we are making progress but I know we are alot better off then alot of people so thankful for that.
    KEL - I have great confidence that this DR will sort everything out hon, I reckon you will announcing a BFP before anytime at all.

Well girls, washing needs hanging then cup of tea and relax before cyclone Erin comes in the door!!!

Oh Kristy, my DH would marry yours if he knew that!!! lol

Harrison has broken another tooth through!! Yippee!!! He is catching up but still behind... it is the top right side one for him... so that is 3 now... hopefully this explains his non eating phase.
    Grrr... gotta cook some food for dinner now... I will try to get back later to do personals

pegasus Guest

Kel
    I'll google a heap of info for you if I can find it. I remember reading it somewhere ages back. It was when I had depression last year. I thought it was my hormone levels, which were normal. It was the Implanon that messed me up. But that doesn't happen to everybody. Anyway, I'll look stuff up for you sweetie.

Tash
    Keep the motivation up! Its great you have a goal and trying so hard to stick to it. I'm just lazy. I still want to lose maybe 5-10kg and in actual fact since I don't have any scales, I don't know how much I weigh. I want to be 65-58kg.

Lisa
    DD really goes off her food when teeth cut, its normal for her so maybe its normal for Harry.

Kristy
    Nice having bubby free time. I actually enjoy the time DD is with her father. Although its not enough time to do anything worthwhile, I just relax a bit. Take all the time you can to focus on yourself.

I don't collect anything really, just books. I mean I do read them and I have reference books that are probably a bit too much out of date. But yeah, that's my faux pas. Every time I go by a bookstore or those discount table sales, I end up buying something. Either for me or for Flutterby. She's got so many books. I bought her some new ones on Friday. At the post office they had 10 Little Books for $10. I went in to get prices for mail redirection and ended up buying books. Sigh, oh well its not necessarily a bad thing. DD loves her books. She turns the pages and looks at the pictures and murmurs interestedly.

I shave my legs about once a month. Underarms about every 2-3 weeks. What's the point, its winter and noone will know anyway. Can't wait till it gets warmer. I hate the cold.

As for my friend, lets call him Jim, I have a feeling nothing will become of it. He works 7 days a week, and as part of my lease, no men are allowed into the house. In respect of the residents and to protect us. The last thing they want is women relapsing and getting abused in any form and also they don't want us to accidentally get UTD.

Enough chatter from me, xoxo

pegasus Guest

pegasus Guest

dang it did it again. double posting. must be a slow buffer or something.

MOTHER F***ER.
    DH's boss just called. He wont be coming home till October now. Poor guy he is missing Tobi so much.

Oh nooooooooo Tashie!!! That's terrible!
    October seems so far away. That much be so hard for you hun.
    Huge cyber hugs to you hun. I hope Tobi and your DH spend loads and loads of huggy catch up time when he does come home. :hugs:

ETA - Peg, you're not the only one getting double posts hun... I just double posted then. It happens to me every now and again. Just click edit, and then delete on the unwanted post

Hello everyone

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. I've beenr eally busy with brendan.... who is now WALKING!! OMG I was so excited, he did it in front of the CHN on Friday the 23rd May. He walked about 6 steps across the room and hasn't looked back since. he is into EVERYTHING! He's also starting to chuck tantrums and becoming fussy... which doesn't help because he is still on puree and doesn't like the spoon. aaargh. They aren't going to fix his tongue-tie. the developmental paed seem to think that it's not going to affect his speech and that if he still has it when he's 2 then they might look at snipping it. He has to see an Occupational therapist, a speech therapist and also a dietician. Which i'm ok with.... they are free and about a 10 min walk from my place... so thats cool. I hate having to drive to Perth for appointments. He'll have to see the eye doctor in about 2 months time which is in the childrens hospy... which is terrible for parking! He's not saying any words yet... still babbling dadada and hasn't said mumum, nanana and bubub since he first said them about 2 months ago. We expected speech delays anyway... so thats ok. at the last CHN check(23/05) he weighed 9680kg and is 75.5cms tall. so doing quite well on the charts. He still has to see the CHN monthly, which is ok too, cos she is really nice and makes me feel good about what i'm doing!

As for TTC... no not yet. With everything that has happened i'm quite happy to wait a lil longer, i've been told the longer i wait after my mc the better chance i have of making it to term. And i have years ahead of me anyway Good luck to everyone who is TTC. *sending baby dust*

Tashie, sorry to hear DH isn't coming home yet

Oh and we have another house now so will be getting the net back as we dont have to pay any rent... it's through DP's work. YAY! can't wait!

Hi Everybody,

BBL for personals, I"m thinking of you heaps, Just cooking dinner atm & just wanted to let you all know that I have been HAVING SEX! LOL. I love it! PMSL.

Love Jayne xox

pegasus Guest

Lucky you Jayne! Good on you!

Miss you Sally. I can't believe Brendan is walking! Flutterby better bloody get a move on! I kept forgetting to mention her other word: uh-oh. I say it a lot when things get knocked over or anything really. So she sits there playing with her toys saying uh-oh over and over. Of course she's happier if mummy says it too.

She was a little brat today. She whacked my cereal out of my hand because I wasn't feeding her exclusively. And she spent half the day crying at me coz she wasn't getting her own way. Sometimes housework needs to be done. And sometimes mummy needs to get away from screaming toddlers. She calmed down after a little while but her screaming was on and off all day. Yay

Hahaha Jayne!!! I love it!!! What a crack up!
    Well hun, I hope you keep enjoying having DH home

PMSL at you Jayne Good on you, love!

Tash, I am soooo sorry to hear your news today, big hugs from me too

And Lisa, Monkey and Harrison must be making sure they keep up with each other, via the baby-ether-net.... Monkey now has 3 teeth too! She got her 3rd pop through last Mon/Tues. she is getting them all in a funny order, apparently that can happen when they get teeth late... She has bottom L, top R side (next to middle), top L middle.

holy dooooly you go to work for ONE day and SO SO SO much happens

jayney i figured you being offline meant you were getting lucky... hehehehehehe makes me think i should take advantage of the fact benji is always horny.....

tashie - 1 1/2 extra months is NOT fair...... where is DH exactly?? is he in the army? why is he away? you could look on the positive and know you have extra time to lose that 15kg?? Does Tobi look for daddy??

yeah monkey and her toothy peg!!!

me - first day of week of work - yep gonna pull off 38hours this week!! AND i joined tupperware.... will work out a way to sell to you guys yet.... SO nervous about breaking the news to some of my friends coz they are almost turned off it coz of a friend of mine that sells tupperware and enjo and and and and and and and eeverything... you know the type but once i get started and get away from immediate family and circle of friends it should just snowball and be fun getting out there and meeting total random people etc
    lisa - do you want to have a catalouge party?? where you dont actually have to have people aroud you just give ur mates the catalouges and they buy from that and you get freebies like u r having a party!! (delivery is the only thing i gotta think on... coz the freebie for the host this month is an awesome set of containers you put in the freezer i think 14 of them i personally use the only one of them i have so far as a on the bench sultana storer.....) (i am thinking about this.... the containers will fit in eachother so most likely would not cost THAT much to post... hmmmmmm or i could MAYBE get them delivererd direct from the warehouse... hmmm)

working reception today was funny, like riding a bike..... and STILL have not heard if i got the 3 day a week assistant job yet... feel SO bad i have not told them that i wont be taking the job and now that it is SO close i just want to know if i would have got it....should i make their decision for them and tell them i dont want job??

picked jemima up from daycare and they had tied her hair up! is that a hint..!!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast