Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #2

Hi Lovelies,

Just a quick "all about me" post today. But first, Wattle How did the check up go?

Well girls, I had a case of bilary colic on the weekend (gallstone attack) and it was NOT nice! It was almost as bad as labour! I ended up being rushed to hospital via ambulance and given some fantastic drugs! I've never had it before and I was so scared! Particularly because I had no idea what was going on and I couldn't breathe properly! They diagnosed me pretty quickly though and sent me for a confirmation x-ray to make sure it wasn't something more sinister and guess what my x-rays revealed... I have crap in my right lung still from my surgery... wonderful. It's most likely just phlem and I *should* be able to pass it with deep breathing exercises but COME ON! Anyway, they sent me for an ultrasound which I had done today and it showed that I definately have gallstones... so off to my doc tomorrow to work out what we're going to do... but guess what else the ultrasound revealed... my spleen is enlarged! An enlarged spleen is normally a sign of infection - but I haven't been sick... so now I'm worrying about what's causing that! Do I have some sort of "silent" infection? And how are we egoing to find it? I've decided I'm not having any more tests... every time I have one they find something else wrong! So, now I'm just they don't want to operate on me to fix any of this.... sigh... at least DD behaved at my appointment! The receptionist kept complimenting DH on how well behaved she was - not even a whimper when I was in the room! WOOHOO!

Hope you're all well!

Love MG

Ooh MG! That sounds really terrible! It must be really hard to be going through something like that with a little babe needing you as well. I'm thinking of you

Appt went well, nice female doc and everything seems just fine except that my BP is still sky high. Just as high as when they induced me!?! So I'm going to be re-checked frequently and probably put on BP meds. Wierd because pre-preg my BP was always great.

Kristy - my thank you cards are taking forever! I'm doing little footprints of Ruby and I can only do them when she is totally zonked at night so her foot is still. In retrospect probably not a good idea LOL!

Kirsten - I'm not too into my mums group. They are different in their approach to their children than me so I feel a bit funny sometimes, but the company is great. A new town means I have to make all new friends and support networks. The local ABA group is great though, super nice and totally supportive.

After 2 days of very little sleep and no daytime sleeps Ruby finally slept well last night. 8.30pm - 6.30am!!!!!!!! Needless to say I kept checking her LOL. She had grown heaps though by her checkup yesterday. 4.5cm and 400g in 2 weeks... no wonder she is on the boob all the time!!!

Hi girls,
    Sorry I havent posted for a while, just trying to straighten out myself and get over a few things.
    MG - If the doc decides that having your gallbladder removed is the solution for you,, DO IT!!!! After DS 2, I suffered severely, having roughly 2 attacks weekly, requiring pethedine and buscopan injections at the hospital, and the surgeon rushed through my operation,,,. It was simple, only a day surgery, through laparoscopy, 3 small incisions, but the relief was instant,, no more attacks. I too had trouble breathing whilst having the attacks, with bad vommitting, and the pain was absolutely horrendous, right through my chest to my shoulder blade on the back,, and god help me if anything touched or banged into my right ribs,,,. Please dont suffer when there is no need to Hun.

Too tired to do personals for you all,,,, but to everyone , I wil try to catch up next time

As for me, I have had my 6 week checkup today and was told i have another 2 weeks at least before everything can be declared "healed and ok" yet according to my gp.
    My wound is still al little red and swollen, so she has given me some cortisone cream to help that, but i have also got heaps of annoying painful (but totally harmless) lumps under one armpit that are making life "interesting" atm lol. They should just go way on their own accord without any treatment thank goodness.
    The thing that is taking me a bit to work out,,, is that many times a day, for absolutely no reason at all, i get hit with very brief (2-3 seconds long) feelings of absolute sadness, kinda like i could cry at any second,,, then the feeling goes away quickly again. It is so darn puzzling and annoying as I am not sad,, and have no reason to be getting these feelings,,,, but they are starting to get to me. My gp says that they may be from hormones swinging wildly since having Griffen, so just to ride it out. Just wish they would go away.
    As for how griffen is going,,, he has his 6 week checkup at the early childhood nurse tomorrow, so will get weights and heights etc then, but he is now a fully fledged size 000, so is growing nicely. He has good days (mostly when we are having a cold day) where he will feed then sleep like an angel, and be good in the late evening, and will go to bed well,, only waking once during the night. Then we have bad days,,, usually a run of them actually where he wants to feed all day, and not settle at all,, taking ages to get to bed. He also on these bad days, seems to be wanting more milk,, but i cant produce enough quick enough for him,, so he pulls, twists, digs in the feet, arches back etc etc and fights at the breast alot. It reminds me of a baby lamb feeding on its mother with its bunting for more hehe. I also love breastfeeding though, he gives of such eager looks when he sees me lifing my shirt and undoing my bra,, then he actually makes little eager noises,,, almost a giggle of anticipation and gets very excited lol. The momet the letdown hits though,, his eyes roll back, and he relaxes his whole body,,,,i actually have to prompt him to keep awak alot during his feeds,, or he would just go to sleep after only a part feed,, then wake up again 20 minutes later for another feed.
    DH though is jealous,, and everytime he sees me feeding,,, he makes comments of how Griffen is one lucky little bugger,, and to leave some for daddy lol. I think i must have the only hubby aroudn who is pining over not getting any milk too lol. Poor chap is still "howling outside the cave" as I am just not healed anywhere enoughto even attempt anyting int he bedroom. But he is being driven mad bythe glimpses of booby when i feed etc,,,,hehe.

Anyway, I will get on again tomorrow, and hopefully get personals done, and let youknow how the ECN appt goes with Griffen
    Night girls
    Love Lil

Lil, my DH tells DS off for "groping" me too! Of all the stupid comments he could make, he doesn't even want to touch them himself. At least DS hasn't made the little happy yummy noises when DH is around, he'd try to ban BFing if he did that.

Emily, DS gains 40g a day all from me, small wonder I'm so hungry and thirsty all the time.

MG, I'm thinking of you and hope you're ok.

as for me (stopping using caps due to feeding), the 6w check was v. brief for me, but ds behaved very well, let the doctor do her checks, gave a little smile (first one for days, but then kept on all afternoon) and was generally an angel. he is now at a normal weight - which means he's putting on more than average - his height is back up above normal and he's a wunderkind generally. The routine works, but if I break it all hell breaks loose at night - we do getting up, nap, going out, nap while mummy has lunch, playtime, nap so mummy can make dinner (but wake up wanting to eat with the family as mummy dishes up the meal), quiet play and bathtime, bed. Works really well unless going out time is in the afternoon, like for the GP appointment! i managed 8.30-1.30 and 2.30-7.30 sleeps out of him one night!

HI girls

Just a quick one,

MG - I had gallstones 1 month after having Madeleine... I was told it is actually very common after having a baby, or after being on the pill for years, as it has to do with the hormones?
    Anyway... The infection is most likely due to your gall bladder being enlarged. I had my gallstones and had to wait 6 months for an operation... it was horrible... the surgeon only did it because a few of the nurses in emergency complained that he was taking it too lightly (I was a public patient) and not realising how much pain I was actually in... and how much bonding I was missing out on with Maddy
    I would have attacks every week at least, some making me stay in the hospital for up to 4 days with jaundice... others, I would have a shot of pethadine, and be on my way 4 hrs later. I was on a low fat diet... I couldn't tolerate more than 10g of fat per day... in the end, stress would make me have an attack.

I had the operation and felt instant relief as Lil mentioned... I do regret it in a way, because I put major weight on afterwards (40+kgs) and it has been sooooo much harder to shift weight since.

My sister put on weight after her op too, but she has lost it and kept it all off... she suffered with her stones for 1 month, she got them after having my nephew Jack.

I'm wishing you all the best MG, and I hope that something gets done for you soon

Just a quick update girls. My GP has told me I *have* to see the surgeon next week and have my gall bladder out and to see what he says about the spleen. I was really hoping I wouldn't need to have surgery... PLEASE don't tell me weight gain is the norm after this surgery! I already have about 20Kg to lose!!!!! Lil, that was how my pain was as well. Like someone had put a rubber band around me and was squeezing hard. And if anyone touched me - lookout! Lisa, pethadine was my best friend on the weekend! I've had a couple of MILD attacks since and have been able to control them with voltaren tablets and stemetil. But because I've only had very mild attacks since, I guess I was hoping it was all nothing and I could get away with no surgery. THis is going to blow my chances of getting into the ADF - especially if I can't shake the weight! Phooey! Ok, enough whinging.

Sorry for lack of personals but it is great to hear you are all doing well. Lil - my DH could sympathise with yours - he actually commented on it the other day...

Love MG

MG,
    I think it might be one of those things that affect people differently though... I have a best friend and an Aunt who have controlled their gall stones through diet... my BF only has a few stones, and my Aunt has one almost as big as a Ping Pong ball and one small one... both my BF and my Aunt are tiny now!!! They were both bigger girls (sz 20 and 24) now they would both be size 10! I wish mine were mild enough to have controlled through diet alone!!!

Hello ladies its been awhile but things have been really busy for me the last 6 weeks. Ella will be 6 weeks this tuesday i cant beleive its gone so quick all her weekly check ups have gone well she is now 10lbs very healthy i gave up bf she wanted feeds every two hrs i just couldnt keep up i dont beat myself up so much any more for not keeping it up longer im just happy the Ella is healthy and content. Her night sleeps seem to have a bit of routine now she will feed about 6pm so i get a bath ready about 5pm nice after that a massage then a nice warm bottle she passes out and we dont hear from her till about
    1:30am she feed then back to bed till about 4:30 - 5am not bad i dont get to bed till late so sleep for me is still only 31/2 -4hrs it amazing how you manage when you have to. During the day all Ella does is sleep poo and eat no im not complaining in fact if she wasnt so good during the day things would get really messy hear i have 4 kids all told alot of comitiments during the day school kindi ect I have been blessed with Ella mind you it took 4 bubs to get a really good bubs.
    Im back at work after the school hols i cant wait i teach kids to swim i love it totally so its not really work at all im dying for some space in fact if i dont work there would no time for me to have time out sad i know but i think we all can feel the same way.
    Mg good luck with surgry i hope all goes well for you dont worry about the weight loss to much im in the same boat i have about 20 kgs to lose too if im honest about it and to think i have to get into togs in 2 wks lol lol not a good look
    How every one going with the baby blues mine hit a little late about 3 weeks ago im still getting a little weepy not sure weather its stress and lack of sleep or what i have sufferd post natal with all of my bubs infact i was still on antidepressants when i feel preigi with Ella im trying hard to not go that same path going back to work will help i think will see take care ladies
    kittykat

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I'd introduce myself!!!!

I'm Jayne & my youngest bubba - Claudia was born 25 February 2007. She is just delightful & so much easier than my first born - Jessica who is 2 going on 12!!!

Looking forward to talking with you all!

Love Jayne xox

Hi jayne welcome glad to hear that bubs so doing so well for you.Dont you just love toddlers split personalities 1 min they are just perfect the next there little horrors
    kittykat

Hi all and welcome Jayne and kittykat.

After a very busy weekend we're now back with questions!

How do you class a baby as having outgrown clothes? DS shows ankles and wrists (calves and lower arms if he wriggles) in 000 size clothes, 00 doesn't cover his hands/feet totally... should I just keep him in 00 size at 7w old? I can only just do up his dungarees/vests with a cloth bum, but in a disposable it's easier.

Is it normal for a reflux baby to possett out his nose? And how do I stop him eating his possett if I don't realise he's done it until I see him chewing on his bib?

Ta! Hugs to all and special get-well-soon vibes to MG.

Welcome Jayne and KK!

Ryn - I think it depends on various things as to when you would class clothes as being too small now... but being winter over there, if his wrists are showing you might like a bigger size if you're worried about warmth? My criteria are:
    Can I do it up?
    Does it dig in?
    Are foot spaces too small? (coveralls)
    Is it choking her?
    Does it make her uncomfortable?
    Does it just look plain stupid being up around the elbows and knees?
    Is it too tight?
    With Abbey, it is normally her legs that outgrow things first, if she has to bend her knees to fit in, it is too small!!!

I can't help with the other question, sorry.

Well girls, Abbey is now smiling so much more! And when she finds things amusing! WOOHOO! The cheeky monkey likes to give me huge smiles when I try to put the bottle in her mouth... or put her to bed - she thinks I'll stop and play! ROFL.
    I have my appointment with the surgeon this morning so will come back later and let you know how I go... in the meantime, I have to go drag DH's lazy backside out of bed. I've already fed and changed miss, done a load of washing, washed and sterilised her bottles, packed the nappy bag, collected together my paperwork for my appointment and had breakfast. All in just over an hour... Hmmmmmm.......

Hi everyone. Welcome to all newbies to the thread and I hope that you're all getting plenty of sleep like I am! MG, I hope everything goes well at the surgeon. As if bringing home a new bub wasn't enough to deal with.

I am soooo happy! Bella is actually ASLEEP right now in the DAY TIME! I can't believe it! It's taken many weeks, but I just checked her to make sure and yes, she is actually sleeping! Woo hoooo!

We bought her a cot a few weeks ago, although she's still sleeping in the basinette. My change table goes across the top of the cot and whenever I change her she looks out the window - she seems fascinated with whatever's out there (the neighbour's fence and a few bushes!). Because of that I figured she'd be ok if I put her in the cot during the day, because she can still see out the window and it will get her used to the cot for when the big day comes for when she goes into her own room (soon - she's getting too big for the basinette).

Over the last week or so that's what I've done. When I put her in there, she stares out the window for a while then starts crying when she gets bored. Today however, she actually fell asleep!

AND she's still sleeping every night for around 9-10 hours at a time. What a beautiful little angel!

I start doing work from home in a few weeks, so this couldn't have happened at a better time. I might actually get some work done!

Bella's booked in for her needles next week. I am not looking forward to that and I'm making Bri (DD #1) come with me - I don't want to have to deal with that alone! These days they have THREE needles! If only they could put the vaccine into one.

Are those of you nearing the 8 week mark starting to dread this event too?

Hi Ladies,

MICHELLE _ Good job on getting Bella to sleep during the day, I haven't read through all these posts before I joined so I'm assuming that day sleeping is an issue atm. I'm glad to hear she is giving you a good stint at night time so you can rest. I know it's tiring having a newborn up for hours on end during the day. I'm starting to panic about the needles already & Claudia is only 5.5 weeks. Please let us know how they go, I'm terrified. When Jess was immunised at 12 months, she spent 5 days in hospital. They tell me over & over & over again it wasn't immunisation-related, but you can't help but connect the dots. They still to this day won't tell me what she said (go figure?), but they said she had an infection enter her blood stream & the reason it showed up was because her body got busy fighting the immunisation.

MG _ Oh yes, you have a cheeky monkey alright, already trying to distract you from putting her to bed with those big gummy smiles! LOL. They have so much stuff figured out at such a young age!

RYN _ Claudia is outgrowing clothes at a rate I can't keep up with & it's breaking my heart. 0000 are getting a bit snug & 000 wondersuits are getting snug too. I always find that my babies outgrow bonds clothes in the legs wayyyyyyy before they're too tight anywhere else. I wonder if anybody else finds this? I generally think, if they can't stretch out properly, it's too small.

KITTYKAT _ Oh yep, Jessica is definitely split personalities. One minute she has a halo shining around her head & the next minute it's fallen down around her neck choking her! LOL. on the whole she is generally pretty well-behaved, but I have to remind myself when she's acting out of line that she is 2 & that's what she's meant to do at this age. She is perfectly well behaved & right up with the manners when she is with somebody else so that's all I ask.

Big hello's to every one else!!

Love Jayne xox

Hi Girls,

Michelle - WOOHOO for daytime sleeps!

Jayne and Michelle, I can understand how you're feeling about the immuisations. I used to give them to babies and it broke my heart to hear them scream! I've already told DH that it is his task to take DD to get them. I can handle giving them to someone else's babe but I don't know about watching my babe get them!

Ok girls, my appointment with the surgeon didn't go too bad. He was lovely. But I'm booked in for the 19th of April to have my gallbladder out I was hoping he would let me off the hook! Funny thing is though, another friend of mine is having hers out and her babe is 5 months and another friend needs her out (but she hasn't had any babies)! So we might have to form a little club! ROFL. The surgeon assured me I would be able to look after Abbey without any problems after the surgery but that DH needs to still take a couple of days off to help. So because the surgeon said that he is actually taking two days off! WOOHOO! I will have 4 days with him because the surgery is on a Thursday! WOOHOO! Small things hey?

Better dash - miss wants a feed....

MG

Hi everyone
    Welcome Jayne and KittyKat

Well, Harrison had his immunisations done today... the nurse was lovely... he has a son named Harrison too, and I actually used to work with his wife (small world)

Harrison did not like his needles at all... his face reddened up and he screamed... OMG, it was heartbreaking!!! I have never heard a sound like that come out of him... the best part was where I had to sit with him for 10mins, so I put him to my breast and reassured him it was all for the best. He is sleeping atm...I had a nap with him earlier, he really just needed hugs.

Wishing you all the best for your bubbas when they have their needles. (It is only 2, they put 6 in one these days, no more polio on a spoon either.)

I'd best run... Harry is crying... I will do personals asap.

LISA _ Hugs to you & Harrison sweetness. I'm glad that he is calmed down now after the needles. You girls are scaring me! I used to be in a cold sweat the whole night before having Jessica immunised & then after her scare with the 12 month ones, I didn't immunise her for Chicken Pox until she was almost 2 & that was only because we were going on holidays & my niece had Chicken Pox so I didn't want her to get them & have to cancel the holiday. I had to feed Claudia during her heal stab test in the hospital & the m/w told me they are trying to bring it in that you feed the babies during the immunisation because there is a study being conducted that can prove that a hormone is released from mother to baby that numbs pain for them. I have to say, it made sense because Claudia never flinched the whole time while she was having the guthrie test & she ended up dropping off to sleep as well! I'm hoping that I can feed Claudia during her immunisations, I'm pretty sure my Dr will be in on that too because she is a retired m/w.
    Give Harrison lots of cuddles! His ticker pic is absolutely gorge! You make beautiful babies!

Not looking forwards to the immunisations here, although DS has been great with needles so far, just not when blood is squeezed out, so I'm hoping he stays fine. I like injectons so I'm going to spoil DS rotten after the jab so he has good associations.

Well, yesterday the vest neck was gaping on DS, it was showing under his top, his ankles were on show and he just wasn't comfortable. The day before the dungarees were cutting into his nappy, so he's now in 00 and happy. Good thing too as he's almost filling the 00 sleepsuit! He's also in 1 year old socks (bit loose), as all the others are too small. He's one big boy! He's not dressed yet as I put him in his size 0 towelling robe so I could shower and he looks too cute! So happy I had to roll up the sleeves on that. Hope these clothes last longer that four weeks - he was just 16 days in size 0000, four weeks in 000, how long in 00?

We still have sleeping fun, DS is disliking daytime sleeps unless he's on me atm - he won't go into his crib, that wakes him up. He did 9-12 in the crib last night, then wanted feeds at 12, 2 and 6, then up for the day at 7.30 (didn't want feed), so that was good. Michelle, yay that your sleeping troubles are getting sorted!

Best of luck for your op, MG, and yay you get 4 days with your DH. I have 5 with mine this weekend, only he's playing on his car for three of them, so I'm not exactly happy. Extra work for me and no time off!

I have to agree with Jayne about the ticker pics - all the babies are too cute!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast