Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #3

KEL _ Happy Birthday to YOU! WOO HOO on the first birthday with Jemima. I pmsl about the flowers with the card of baby talk in it! I love it. What a fantastic idea!Jemima must have had a word to Claudia because she had had no poo today! She usually does about 2 - 3 really horrible nappies per day & so far not a thing! I'm not looking forward to it when it does arrive! LOL. I hope you have a super-excellent day!

Hello to all you yummy mummies!!!

Love Jayne

Happy birthday Kel! Sounds like it's a fab one, yay for a present and note from Jemima. My DH and DS are typical boys and didn't do anything like that!

Waves to everyone from me and "Hello, lo, hi, hello!" from Liebling - he has a favourite word. I'm not tired of it... yet! (I am generally tired though... I decided cutting out chocolate made no difference to DS; he still is asleep at 8.30, but he's now only sleeping 1-3 hours at a time, so cutting out chocolate again now!)

RYN _ Is Liebling only sleeping 1 - 3 hours during the night or during the day as well? So he's never going longer than 3 hours? You poor chook, have you tried feeding him like crazy before bedtime at night time? Claudia used to do this on her own accord for her first 6 weeks but she doesn't do this anymore, she isn't sleepign through the night anymore but she is going up to 6 hours at a time during the night.

OK, I want a baby-free night!

Liebling only sleeps 1-2 hours in the day, that's fine, but last night he did 8.15-9.15(awake until just after 10, when he fed to sleep for the third time that awake cycle!)-11.45-4.15-7, so that's OK. Four and a half hours! I could have killed him for the 9.15 wake-up though, not happy! I'd managed to get DH off World Of Warcraft for the night and he woke up! Still, I reckon that now I've cut out the chocolate again we'll get better: it clearly does have an effect, even one small piece! I'd love 6 hours, Jayne, but will settle for five at a time. Just have to up the prayer-time about DS sleeping through!

DS clusterfeeds every 30-50 minutes from about 5pm, so he's getting enough... even if I get a bit sick of feeding him! Well, he's laid on his change mat saying "hello" to the TV (which is off), so he'll probably want to get up soon - hi to everyone!

RYN _ Yeah, isn't it a bugger when you get them down & you think that they are going to sleep for at least a few hours & 60 minutes later they're up & bright as a button? LOL. I'm a bit fuming that Claudia has re-invented the 2am feed, but I think she's doing that because she is not doing the cluster feeding so much anymore. She used to feed on & off from around 6:30 - 9pm & then go until almost 5 but she isn't doing that now. BUGGER! Is Liebling saying 'hello' really or just gooing & gaaing? I can't believe how bright he is, he's going to be a brain surgeon I think! When you get up to him during the night, does he just feed back to sleep or is he awake at all?

Well I must go & do my wifely duties & clean this damn house AGAIN! I am busting my bones keeping this place immaculate but Alan never notices. He has no clue what it's like juggling two children plus keeping the house running! I left him with the babies yesterday afternoon & went & got my waxing done, Alan had to have several drinks when I got home because both of them played up for him! Sucked in I say! LOL.

Love Jayne xox

He is saying hello, but it is just the sound, not the word. Sadly, he hates brain surgery, or he did in the womb - I attended a brain surgery lecture and video and the little love played up the entire time. When he's in bed with me, it usually is just feed and sleep, for which I'm grateful. If he won't feed too well t's due to a wet nappy (like at 5am today) so I change it. After 5.30 is risky though as it's light enough for him to think daytime then.

Have to agree with the cleaning - cleaning up after my boys (DH & DS) takes ages; DH could help out, I get narked because he needs nagging to even wash up from dinner when he sees me tired and crying! I wish DH would be left with DS; he puts him in front of a DVD and goes out if I try it!

Hi ladies,

Things have been a little hectic with trips to Perth and visitors a plenty so have just read and caught up on the news of all those bubs!!

Kirsten - Quin sounds like a healthy big boy. I totally agree it is a great feeling to know that you are able to give him all the food he needs!! Erin is now 10 pd so from her tiny 6 pd 8 she has really filling out. Full fat milk in my boobs !!!

Jayne - The houswork never seems to end does it? I have just been up in Perth for my Dr appts and am sitting looking at all the bags that need unpacking and clothes that need washing. I have tried to relax more about things as it will all be there tomorrow. I am a bit of a has to be done now person, but am slowly relaxing a bit and just doing bit by bit.

Rynn - Hope bub starts sleeping more for you. Erin is pretty good she sleeps from 10pm till about 3.30am and then through to 7.30pm. She slept the whold night last week and I thought my boobs would explode it was such a relief when she finally woke up !!

Kel -Great news about the poo and happy Birthday for yesterday. Hope you had a lovely day.

Will take the cuddle advice as Erin has her first needles on Wednesday I think I will wipe the rest of the day off so we can just have alot of cuddle time. I Played my first game of netball yesterday which felt really good we won 41 to 9 so that was evern better. Erin slept right through my game and for the trip over and back which was 1/5 hrs both ways. The joys of country netball.

Well hope you are all well and bubs are still going great guns.

hello
    baby sleeping.... all my baby seems to be doing this week is sleep???
    She is sleeping heaps at night (last couple nights been in bed by 8pm usually about 7.30 and I have had to go check if she is alive in the morning... this morning it was 7.45am so that was almost 12 hours...) I went in this morning and she was just lying there looking around it was like "hello world.... oh hello mummy" she wasnt worried about full nappy or didnt seem STARVING..... I thought if she was going through a growth spurt or something she would be hungrier?? I wonder how long she would have stayed just looking around for until she called me?
    I will actually have to set an alarm before "New Parents Group" tomorrow so we are not late!

Even in the day time she is doing heaps of sleeping... how much sleeping are they "meant" to be doing???

Tummy time doesnt last very long as she FALLS asleep! I try and entertain her a little to try to keep her awake but she loves being on her belly and snuggles into the floor or onto me and falls asleep.... no rolling over happening here... she almost thought about thinking about it though!

She still doesnt have regular poos, LIL AUSSIE what is your little Griffin doing?? Jemima had 10-11 days, then 6 days (and i got it to come) then a week and it came by itself then daily for 4 days then 3 days no poo then sunday morning poo and today nothing.... so Monday is not Pooday unfortunately it is not that easy.... I was fine with having a dedicated day to be on poo watch....

How is everyone's babies??

Kirsten what does Quinn wear to the pool?? Do they sell Swimming nappies for 6kg babies? I weighed Jem last Friday and she was 5.9kg, the Huggies swimming nappy i have a sample of is for 7kg and bigger but i know there are reusable swimming nappies??

Jayne - how did you go at weight watchers?? i suck.... last week and week before didnt loose any i dont think and before that half a kilo... i suck... TODAY was shocking I PUT on 1kg but then when i weighed myself again late afternoon i had lost 1.5kg... benji said i cant use that weigh in as it is cheating, and if i wait til next week result may be better.... grrrr... know he is right.... birthday week you are not meant to loose weight.... them the rules.....

have a great tuesday everyone!

Hi Kristy! Yay on Erin sleeping through. Liebling did 8-11-5 last night, then we napped on and off until 7.30, so I feel great! I'm so proud of my little lad.

Kel, Yay for Jem sleeping. You can get a clothie swimming nappy; I'm going to get onefor DS for our pool party coming up. Oh, feel so... "in" with the cool kids! Pool party! Not normal in the UK! btw, I live in a fairly posh village, so am quite young compared to other mums ("do you know many people in this age group?"), so feeling in with the gang is impressive. But I did meet one other mum who confesses to organising the rubbish so the organic boxes are on the top and the take-out pizza boxes are at the bottom LOL.

DS is actually embarrassing me almost with his advancedness. When I say he's 11 weeks people check I don't mean 11 months - he talks, rolls, is big and alert, looks super-cute, has started to pull himself along the ground to get to his pink cow, the only toy he loves... it's mostly that he's more advanced than his 16-month-old cousin at talking that makes me want to keep it under wraps, but he was babbling away with his "hull, hell, hellugggh, ugggggh, ukkkkkh, huelloum" noises today at my bible study coffee morning so I'll just be proud now. He also has the noisiest poos (usually around 10.30-11) of all his baby friends. Not as proud of that one LOL.

Edit: DH has just called to say that he thinks he has a new job after his interview today (extra pleased about DS sleeping now, DH would have needed that sleep!) so let's keep our fingers crossed! It will be more money too, so more money means the chances of me having to go back to work full-time are smaller, although I'm fairly sure DH will insist on part-time.

Hi Ladies,

SMYLIE _ What on earth are you giving that child to get 12 hours out of her? She is a freaking super star! You deserve more than a medal my friend! YAY for Jemima! Maybe she's done the catch up with the feeding for the growth spurt but now the 'growing' is happening. my MIL always goes on about they grow when they are sleeping?? I dunno? Oh yes, definitely no weight loss on birthday week, that goes without saying. I didn't weigh in last week because it coincided with Anzac Day. It's tomorrow but I don't think I have lost anything. It's nothign short of a miracle but I"m back in all my old jeans & things & my dad even commented that i have lost a lot of weight, but the scales are telling different stories I think! I really need to get some exercise in but Claudia has taken a dislike to the pram atm.

RYN _ Woo Hoo for DH, lets keep fingers crossed! Let us know how it goes! How is the delightful Liebling today?

KRISTY _ OMG you were in Perth? Where are you usually! I would have loved to have met you! Yes, I used to be a bit lax on the cleaning but since I was pregnant with Claudia I have turned into a cleanliness freak. Not that the house was ever dirty, but used to get a bit untidy towards the end of the week but now I"m like a ....... gosh, I don't even know! It's good though, because I never wake up & think 'holy hell where am I going to start?'. I actually have a roster of things I HAVE to do each day & it works for me.

ME _ We had an awful day yesterday. Took Jessica to playgroup for the first time in the morning, that was great, Claudia was up & down like a yoyo but I could deal with that. Then she decided she would fall asleep on me but not stay asleep in her cot when we got home so by the end of the day with putting her down & her waking up again, she was absolutely exhausted & then at 7:30 she screamed the freaking house down, I was a nervous wreck, she's never done that before, so she finally fell asleep for 10 minutes, woke up, made a rotten nappy, had a 5 minute feed & I put her back to bed at 9:05pm & she slept until 5:15am! I couldn't believe it. She was back in bed at 6am & woke up at 8:40am for the day. Jess had swimming lessons today so with the big sleep overnight I expressed 150mL for her & she wouldn't touch the bottle for my mum, she cried & cried until I got home. Had a feed, went to sleep for 20 minutes, played a bit, done another massive nappy, had another feed & then put herself to sleep in her cot! Very impressive. I haven't got more than 30 minutes sleep at a time out of her during the day for the past week, I hope that improves soon!

Thank goodness for slow cookers, I have been makign dinner almost each night in the slow cooker because this week has been so hectic!

Love Jayne xox

Hi Jayne
    I was "worrying" (i dont worry so i guess i was "wondering") about babies and sleeping in the day time whether or not they HAD to do it.... so i asked the fountain of information MY mummy.... she said that I slept in the day time like Jemima, sometimes for hours and sometimes for not many hours and that my middle brother NEVER slept in the day time (he screamed all afternoon apparently wind... i say now (being and expert and all) that he was probably over tired) anyhow and my youngest brother had naps in the morning and in the arvo, I never slept at night apparently.... BUT then she admited that she NEVER even let me grunt without running to me.... ANYWAY maybe claudia is only going to nap in the day??

HI all,
    Sorry don't have much time Quinn is just entertaining himself under his play gym thing, but is getting grouchy so this will be a quick one, Kel, you can get bummis swimmis, they are from www dot theweewuns dot com I got them in the 3 sizes so that he has them when he gets bigger - they are gorgeous - you can see him at swimming lessons on his website
    http://www.picasaweb.google.com.au/d...tti/QuinnThree

anyway time to go - I went for an enormous walk today and need a lay down but I think Quinn has other plans!

Kirsten, Quinn is sooooo cute! He has the cutest little face, so expressive! Isn't it great they start being all personality now? DS was holding hands with the only other boy baby in our set yesterday, when I was telling Daddy about it DS complained. Yes, it was all Dan's fault - DS didn't want to hold hands with BOYS. LOL, he made this disgusted noise too, we were so amused! Well, Liebling doesn't want to try to hold hands with Jessica, so what can he expect?

Kel, Jemima is gorgeous too (I love baby pics!). Whenever I ask my mother she keeps telling me she "doesn't understand" why DS isn't sleeping through... because he's a baby! My sister slept through until she was 3 months old, then my mum gave her solids and she stopped sleeping through. No offence here, but no matter what a HV said, I'd have stopped the solids there.

Jayne, Caludia sounds like she's doing well. Could you invest in a baby carrier? I know that when DS absolutely HAS to sleep I put him in one and force him to sleep for a couple of hours. It really is the only way to manage him sometimes. That way I can still get out and about when DS is having a pram-hate day, although recently I've been forcing him into the pram bacause I want him to get used to the car seat. And I want him to sleep in it too.

As for me, DS did 8.30-11-4 last night. Then that was wake-up time, but he was so tired that he just kept crying until 6am, when he went to sleep again. Every time I tried to feed him he just threw it back up. Then I made him stay in bed until 8am. So he doesn't need overnight feeds... must just convince him of that now! Oh, I am sort of happy that he did 5 hours, but a bit narky that he can do six and he didn't sleep all night! I know I'm lucky that he rarely decides the middle of the night is wake-up time, and he's all happy now, but he needed the sleep! He really did, he refused to sleep most of yesterday and had black rings under his eyes.

annef6722 Guest

hey girls

just a quick note to let you know i'm still around! have been reading your posts during the nights, while breastfeeding bubs. too hard to type posts while feeding.

kel: happy birthday for the other day. how's the cross-trainer going? still working from home. yeah kel, i am wearing a track in the hallway - put bubs to bed, sit down to do some work, and then go back and forth putting his dummy in as he settles. i do the paperwork for development applications for council, for new houses.

kirsten: your "busy with Sir Sleeps-alot" comment often runs thru my mind. while i'm madly washing up etc, while cam cat naps, i keep thinking, how can she be busy, when he sleeps alot! haha how funny!!

ryn: thanks for saying i'm a great mum! its funny, those simple comments can mean so much. cam slept 9hours the other night - how lovely - but he's not consistent with sleeping thru yet.

gotta get some sleep. was so exhausted last night, and cam just kept wanting to feed. did the last feed in bed - thank god for DH bringing him in, then putting him back in his cot.

hope you're all doing well, thinking of you all,

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are doing wel and all those gorgeous bubs are thriving.

Smylie - Great that bub sleeps so much. I am with the opinion that when tehy are hungry they will wake up, but let them sleep as much as they want! Vey funny about her sleeping during tummy time, so cute !!

Ryn - How did DH go with his job interview? Erin gets the dark circles and little bags under her eyes when she doesn't get enough sleep as well. She is very inconsistent some days she is sleeping all day when others she isn't intersted at all. I guess its a womens perogative to change her mind !!!

Jayne - I am living in Bruce Rock at the moment ( near Merredin), but will only be here proably for another 8 or 9 months. Dh is in charge of the Police Station here so we have got a 3 year stint. We are building our dream house back in Perth at the moment in Mt Nasura which should be ready in about 3 months or so. I am a big list girl I feel good when I can cross things off so it looks like I have got something done. ( I often cheat and put things on it like feed the dog so it makes my list look better !!!!).
    Kirsten - Love Quinn's photos he is just too cute !!!!!!
    Anne - Hope you can ctah up on some sleep, very impressed you are working as well !

Well I have to take Erin for her immunistaion in a couple of hours not looking forward to it at all. Just want to get it over and done with. A question for any of the girls doing weightwatchers how many points are you allowed if you are breastfeeding. I have got all the books and things so thought I might just do it from home. I am back in my pre - preg clothes but would like to lose just a couple of extra kilos.

Well girls, Take care love Kristy

Hi Kristy, you are "allowed" 32 points when breast feeding up til bub is 6 months then it goes down to 30, then 28 and by the time bub is 12 months it is 26 points.... and you gotta drink extra water too.... this week i think i'm actually going to lose weight... but it is mainly going to be the 30mins in the morning I am doing on cross trainer and 30min walk at 4pm crappiest tv time slot ever in the afternoon.... this morning Jemima only let me have 20mins on cross trainer so I may try for another 10 this afternoon.
    I'm doing weightwatchers on my own at home as well.... if though I dont get results the next month I may think of going to weighins or something.... but have motivation now as Brother in law is know it all and has heaps to say about diets yesterday so have to show him that doing it my way will work! (he said no such thing as diet you just have to eat healthy WELLL DERRRR)

Gotta get a shower before princess wakes from what could be mini nap or could be mega nap! Going to lunch today and I bet she decides she wants a feed just as my food comes out.... DOES EVERY BABY DO THIS??? they have this secret radar so they know when mummy is getting hot food? or a cuppa?? or breakfast??? and THEN they freak out?? a bit like the mummy is washing her hair vibe??? they can just feel it!

Kel: Yes I think all babies do it, Quinn knows when I am about to eat or have anything hot! Sneaky buggers! Don't they understand that you eating is what makes them able to eat! Silly babies.

Anne: I should change Sir-sleeps a lot to "Sir sleeps-a-lot-at-night-which-makes-day-sleeps-almost-unheard-of" sometimes I will get half an hour of sleep out of him during the day, and any day sleeping is usually done when we're out!!!!!! Grrr - so my house is a disaster zone.

Ryn: I think it's lovely that Pubert was holding hands with his friend Tell your DH that you are almost certain he is gay - just for fun How are your vampires anyway? Haven't heard about them in a long time!

Kristy - thanks for the Quinn compliments - hope Erin's immunisations go ok

I've had my nanna here with me today which is fun when trying to get Quinn to sleep because she talks to him and shakes toys in front of him and sings him happy songs, which is VERY annoying when he is ALMOST about to drop off to sleep, I think she could sense I was gettin narky when I said "I don't know if he likes that when he's so tired" she went home after she woke him up after I just put him down and she went over to say HELLO!!!!! I know it was a long time ago but surely she can remember what a no sleep all day cranky baby does in the late afternoon??????????
    Anyway that's my whinge!

Other than that all is great Quinn rolled from front to back 3 times - the first one I missed, I had him on his tummy then went to the toilet and came back and he was on his back laughing at me, then he did last night when daddy got home, which was very exciting then again today, he can nearly get all the way over from back to front but not quite so cute!

Hi Anne - I do most of my posting whilst BFing - DS just sits on my lap cuddling up to me and feeding away. I don't think I could cope with DS in another room: DH wouldn't go and get him for me! I think DH isn't looking forward to DS sleeping through; he will have to go to bed with me and therefore not spend another 1-2 hours o World of Warcraft!

Kristy, I hate those bags! I wish DS would just sleep! Still waiting to hear about DH's job... I hope they call today!

Kel, there is such a thing as a diet - a diet is what you eat. However, WW doesn't work without portion control: for example, I would have maybe 20WW points a week, but I have loads of veggies and fruit so that keeps my weight up. If I need to lose weight it is done by portion control and no snacks, no matter how healthy.

Kirsten, the Vampires can snore through DS's wakey times. When he's awake but so tired he just wants to cry, not even feed. Grrr. The snoring is still really bad too.

As for food, I feed DS just before my meal and half the time he's on my knee while I eat, making a grab for my food. Actually, he likes pink food, like salmon, best. Hmmm, pink cow (see pics on the website), pink food, holding hands with boys... not very heterosexual there, my Darling! Yay for Quinn rolling over too! What a strong boy! (BTW, this winter will it get cold enough for you to dress him in a snowsuit? I want to see Quinn the Eskimo! I was singing that song to Liebling the other day and then it clicked about The Mighty Quinn - egads, I'm slow sometimes!)

DS doesn't need food at night - I awoke this morning after DS had been awake every 3-4 hours with both breasts evenly engorged, DS had just snacked and slept. Then he was OK for an hour this morning without a feed. Might try re-settling him at 11 without a feed and see how that goes. Going to ban long naps today too - I forced him to nap yesterday for 3 hours, big mistake! So no long naps past 10am now: DS needs/likes about 14 hours so 8pm-10am is the plan. Then 7pm-9am... what bliss will that be! He needs to sleep through first though!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast