Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #3

Default Babies Born February 2007 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found HERE

I dont know if i have ever been first!!!
    Yippee
    or as Kirsten says WOOO HOOOOO

Hey Ladies,

Hope you all had a delightful weekend with your bubs. We had a great weekend but today we have a very sad baby. Claudia had her needles today & she screamed the entire doctor's surgery down, then fell asleep, but woke as we got home & hasn't been asleep since & that was more than 3 hours ago. Everytime I put her down she does this heartbreaking cry. She has never been like this. She doesn't appear to be in pain or have a tummy ache or fever, just wanting extra mum-time & lots of huggles.

I feel really bad that I get so lost where all of you are up to, so I will endeavour to keep more abreast of everything this time.

Small woo hoo for me, today is the point I got to breastfeeding with Jessica. I stopepd when she was 8w1d & today Claudia is exactly that, & we are still going strong! YAY for us!

Love Jayne

Hey Jayne
    that's a huge woohoo, breastfeeding is great for bub as long as you and bub are happy doing it and for you to reach breastfeeding milestone that is awesome! I cant believe Jemima and I have been doing it for so long either! Jemima was 9 weeks on saturday and if she even has had say 7 feeds a day for 9 weeks that is a lot of feeds, no wonder we are all exhausted! I have never expressed a feed (pure laziness on my part) so it is all me and her!

I am now worried I am not going to cope when/if I have to be away from her.... ho hum

in more exciting news... poo came today by itself, not as big as last week so am thinking more to come later but yippee so that must mean Monday is poo day..... I doubt it is going to be that easy.....

She wants me NOW so I better go

ps - Jayne cuddles are the best thing post-needles I discovered, fixes everything.....

Jayne, yay for still breastfeeding! BTW, I love the pic at the end of your ticker, I know a little man who looks just like that when he's about to bite me! Liebs was really clingy after his jabs too, but it may have been the other pain he was in too.

Kel, what do we do all day? Well, we go out in the morning, which gets us up and going, plus that way Liebling can nap while we're out. In the afternoon he's awake all afternoon so we feed (pretty much hourly), read him new stories (we have a big First Bible thing from his Christening we're working through), tummy time, back play with Mummy, cooking lessons (seriously, he adored watching how to make cauliflower cheese last night), discussions (yesterday I figured out his "I love you" message so we played "how much do I love you?"... I just hope he wasn't saying "I love you so long as you feed me" when I was doing the "I love you to the end of the universe" stuff).

Kirsten, I can't remember what you said, but do know you said something, so I'll just say "mmm" in an interested fashion so you can pretend I remembered. Swimming lessons for Quinn already - wow! Our first pool party isn't until July... have to get swimming nappy for DS.

Anne, I'm glad, in a way, Cam isn't sleeping through. After some of my mother's comments it's good to know that a great mum like you is still up at night; DS can do 5 hours between feeds and that's it; he did 9.15-1.30 in his bed last night too! I was left feeling like a poor mother again after speaking to her on Saturday... but I know my sister didn't sleep through for months and months, so mum had no sleep as she wouldn't bedshare... may remind her of that next time!

We have a new pram! I put it up! It's a Britax Vigour travel system. DS also has an activity mat, not one with a bar across the top but one where you sit and play, I can join in that way. He also has some 6-9m and 9-12m clothes, so when he starts to outgrow these clothes (I give him 6-10w) then he has some clothes to wear. Mostly T-shirts, but I figure it will be warm enough for T-shirt and nappy then. However, as FiL drives with 2 speeds (go and stop), DS hated all the sudden braking and cried his eyes out. PiL were surprised the car didn't send him to sleep... why should it? But when he was crying he was screaming "Mama!" (he's done this for a week or so whilst crying) and that impressed MiL - especially as DS was chatting away just after she'd told us Niece was still point-and-"eh" for everything.

DS did try to say Dada on Saturday, he had an l instead of a d, but it was an attempt! We're so proud. DH even stopped world of warcraft for a minute to get excited!

For all the second-timers - green poo that smells of cheese/garlic, drooling everywhere, biting... please tell me he's not getting teeth yet!

RYN _ Thanks for the encouragement with the breastfeeding, I thought I sounded silly but you girls have made me feel so much better about it. WOO HOO on the new pram, I bet it looks really spiffy, glad that Liebling loves it too. Love the first pool party occassion & yes, a swimming nappy is a MUST! LOL. Claudia has stopped sleeping through the night too, so don't be disheartened!

SMYLIE_ Glad that you say about the cuddling on needle day. I've had to do that today, first time EVER. It has been really hard though because of course Jessica then acts out of spite because her attention has been cut. Not her fault, but not Claudia's either. It's been a no win situation. I've just laid down with her & fed her to sleep & left her on my bed all swaddled up. She has slept about 40 minutes today, longest sleep all day. Everytime I put her down she bursts into tears so I'm not shifting her again! I love that Jemima has a designated poo-day! That's a crack up! I hope Claudia doesn't back log hers like that. Does it ooze out the nappy? Yuckie!

ME _ Well I'm frazzled! It's 5:20 & I'm in my pj's already. Jess fell asleep watching a dvd & Claudy is on my bed asleep too. I have just cleaned up the house from a visitor dropping in with her little girl & so they made a mess of the toyroom & the entire house for that matter & I have managed to get that straightened up & a load of washing on. Thank goodness I've got a stroganoff cooking in the slow cooker so dinner is basically done! Of course on a day like today, Alan is working a 12 hour stint. Typical!! Oh well, at least I can say I survived needle day with two children entirely on my own!

Love Jayne xox

Hey Jayne
    Nope didnt ooze out of nappy today.... and i actually like not having to deal with poo for a whole week! It doesnt bother Jemima and as it came by itself today it doesnt bother me! It is pretty weird but as the babydoc said "she is a different kind of normal" hehehe

Must be hard to have a baby that knows about attention and a baby that needs attention... All my friends with kids 2 years apart have made the older child "the helper" so maybe Jessica can "help" you make Claudia feel better?

Ryn - yippee for new pram, you are so lucky to have inlaws to help out there! You can always use the baby pouch but now with your back does that hurt??

Helloooo! This is just a quicky as I'm watching my stock charts, so sorry no personals. I hope everything is going well for you though!

Isabella's favourite book is officially "The Fuzzy Little Chick". We lay on the floor together reading her books (she has lots, thanks to her big sister!) and she looks from page to page, which I think is really cute!

We went to my parent's house yesterday and I took the book along to show them how she "reads". As soon as she saw the book, her entire body started to wriggle! What a cutie!!

Ok gotta go. Talk to you all later.

Hello,
    I always miss it when it goes to a new thread and then I get lost!

Ryn: LOL I can't remember what I said either so I will grin and act like I know what you're saying "mmm" about to whatever it was I was ranting about
    Yeah it's early for swimming but the great thing is, it's on weekends and DP can do the class with him, he misses out on so much and was dying to do this.

Jayne: 3 yays for you - yay that you gave your baby cuddles when she was sad yay that you did needle day on your own and yay for breastfeeding milestone! I was talking to a friend the other day about how we made these babies from our bodies and how we have sustained them entirely on milk we made and they are getting so big - it's amazing huh?

Kel - Yippeee for you being first! I am too slow these days.

Michelle - I love that wriggling whole body thing - so cute!

Well Quinn has his MCHN appt yesterday he weighs 7.05kg! Yep that's right! he's a whopper! and he is 63.5 long - giant giant boy, some of the babies in my mothers group are just passing 5 kgs and they are about 14-16 weeks old. No wonder my back gets so sore lugging him around, he just had a big bout of wind and is now sleeping like a log in the sling!

Hope everyone is well

wind and gas is so stupid.... a definate design flaw there with the old babies.......
    when do we stop having to burp babies, is it when they get onto solids and are basically not eating on their sides??? stupid concept that one

i totally agree with you kirsten about how amazing and incredible babies are or how amazing WE are to be able to create them and sustain them totally, looking at Jem and realising she has had nothing else but milk from me is so weird to think about, i cant believe her little eyelashes and her hands and nails and feet....

parents group today was interesting, all the 'milestones' and stuff were talked about by a physio, very interesting hearing about crawling and the important bits about pushing up and standing and babies can cheat to roll over and mums can hinder babies by helping them stand all the time and things that are good and bad and things like that.... the amount of stuff Jemima is going to be able to do by 6 months is amazing, she has a busy couple of months ahead of her... and i guess i do too!

Helping to stand... never. If DS wants to stand when I put him in his chair he will stay standing without my help, I have to keep trying to get him to sit!

I filmed him rolling over yesterday (and some talking and giggling); he's a speed demon at that now. He lifts himself up on both arms and just throws himself over, looks confused then happy. From his back he has to wiggle more, good thing he likes to wiggle-bum.

Kirsten, sounds like Quinn is in 00 clothes too. Yay! Seriously, I wonder who has a baby small enough to stay in 000 until 3m old! DS now has a few size 0 outfits and one size 1 outfit... I like being prepared! Yay for him being so big, I need to get DS weighed and measured Thursday.

Michelle, so jealous Bella likes reading, DS gets bored of his books easily.

Kel, I think DS gets wind from gulping: no wind at night, fed on his side in bed, but wind during the day: my hand supports his head and his bum is on my legs. Hurts too much to hold him up more!

I'm a bit worried about my gorgeous angel - he still won't touch toys, he only tries to grab for my food when he's sat at the big table with us (he hates being left out at mealtimes). He has toys with different textures, some make sounds and some don't, some mirrors... all he wll do is hold a teething ring when I put it in his hand, and then does nothing with it until he figures out how to drop it. Is it because I play with the toys too, to show him what to do?

Hey Ryn
    By the sound of things from this lady today, at 10wks the babies dont have to be playing with the toys at all just working out how to get them is enough. I hadnt really tried this with Jemima before, had just been showing her them and letting her bat around the toys above her head, but tonight got a little rattle and held it in front of her so she had to reach out and grasp it, she did this quite afew times and threw it a couple of times so Benji and I were quite impressed. So have changed the toys I have out for her from the big ones she has no hope in hell of grasping to the ones that are rings or other things little enough for her to grab... so when DS (can I call him pubert?) is on his belly put a couple of toys in front of him and the idea is that he will see them and lift his head a special way when looking at them and eventually will work out how to get the toy... that is what the physio had photos of today.
    Jemima loves the toys with mirrors, she talks to herself every morning!
    I wish Jemima was going to be in 000 until 3 months she is just way too long for it to be comfortable... they are all baggy on her though so it feels like a waste! I have a big drawer FULL of 00 though she is starting to get through especially when in a cloth nappy, disposable nappy makes some of the 000s fit in someways but some of the 000s have stupid tight legs, or my baby has chubby little thighs, i'm thinking it is a little of each!

Hey Michelle, Jemima's fave books are 'Baby's first Colours' coz it has Orange which is the same O as we do and a picture of a beetle car just like mummy's but mummy's is purple which i've told her drives better than the red one in the book and her other fave book is "where's spot" coz mummy looks like a fool making weird noises for each of the animals hiding under the stairs and in the piano and what not...... what is fuzzy little chick?? it sounds vaguely familar.... Benji's mum bought Smylie heaps of books when Jemima was Smylie but havent got them all out yet, there is that hungry caterpillar one and magic pudding and stuff but i want to find there was an old lady that swallowed a fly..... hmmm ebay here i come!

Kel, DS went into 00 at 7w old, I agree, it's such a waste! Must be for formula babies, as breast babies are typically longer and leaner. I find the bottoms aren't designed for cloth bums either, so DS (yup, call him Pubert all you like!) has fun with trousers too. I do put his toys near him when he's on his tum or his back, he just ignores them. He has a great mat where he can hit toys and they are velcro'd on, but he even ignores those toys and they're noisy ones. All the big toys are away, we only have newborn toys... maybe I should get DS the big toys? He isn't into mirrirs, but will chat away to thin air, I'm wondering if we have visitors I can't see!

Old lady who swallowed a fly... whilst preggers I had a dream I was visiting my mum a few years on, pg again, my Grandma visited and DS and his little brother asked if she'd ever swallowed a fly, then checked that she wasn't going to eat a horse because they didn't want her to die. So cute! Have to sing that song to DS this arvo now!

Quick woo-hoo for DH - he went to Isle of Man for work yesterday and bought DS a book of fairy tales home; I didn't tell him to get presents euither! I am thrilled!

Hey Everybody,

KIRSTEND _ I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed the cuddle day with Claudia yesterday, she is pretty independant with the whole sleeping arrangement & sometimes I feel a bit not-needed as I pretty much slept ont he couch with Jessica for her first 6months so I feel a bit surplus but definitely makes it hard with Jessica when Claudia is in my arms so much, but at least I know that she needs me! WOWSERS Quinn in a big boy! Big but healthy! Winter is coming so if he gets a little cold or something at least you know he has meat on his bones to sustain him! Claudia weighs more at 7w than Jess did at nearly 5 months so I just keep telling myself that! LOL.

SMYLIE _ Does she usually struggle & strain on poo day usually? Claudia is having regular bowel motions every day, I would save a lot of money on wipes & nappies if she had a designated poo day though. Perhaps Jemima can have a word to Claudia? Wind & burping in a PITA, I agree. I don't burp Claudia at night, exactly what Ryn said, lying on their side & flat seems to stop it? She doesn't really struggle with wind but I think I stopped burpign Jessica at around 6 months?? Can't quite remember.

RYN _ Claudia is not grasping for toys either. She is happy to look at them & smiles at them but she won't reach for them or if I try & put them in her hand she lets go of her grasp right away. I'm not worried though, it'll come in time I'm sure. Liebling is certainly a very clever man, no wonder you're so proud! Good on you!

ME _ I had best be off, Jessica needs to go to bed, miracle that Claudia is asleep!

Love Jayne xox

This is my quickest post yet and I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEL!

I hope your first birthday since Jemima was born is a wonderful one.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEL!!!!!!!!!
    Yipppeeeeee!!!!!

Happy Birthday to me!
    Benji got me the Slurple which is the Sunbeam Slushie maker, I havent tried it out yet but I have some little cousins coming over this afternoon who I am sure would love to help me.... I have basically all of the sunbeam impractical appliances: fairy floss maker, popcorn maker, icecrusher, waddle maker (waffles), milkshake martian and wot not....
    Jemima got me a bunch of flowers with a really sweet note saying "O Oh O Oh OO OHHHoOO Oh oH" which translates apparently to thanks for spending time with me happy birthday mummy...

And guess what else?? For the last 4 days in a row we have had poo!!! what's with that? so wondering what today will bring.....

benji got day off today so that was wonderful

if anyone doesnt have the babylove book by robin barker you should get it... it is full of refreashing advice, flexible good reading, very reassuring....

Thanks heaps for birthday wishes.

Happy birthday Kel
    I hope you enjoy your first birthday as a Mummy

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast