Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #7

HI girls. For those of you that give sandwiches, do you use margarine or butter as well? What stuff do you put on the sandwiches? I'm looking for ideas because we're off to the beach this weekend and I figured sandwiches were going to be sooo much easier to do than heated up vegies!!

As for cow's milk, the book I got from the hospital says we can use it in food/cooking, etc now as long as it's not their main drink so I don't think there's anything to worry about! Just think about what they had to do before formula came in for those who couldn't bf?? I've given milk in food a couple of times, but Bella's solids intake isn't all that big so I'm not using much.

She has only a couple of spoons of farex or half a weetbix (weetbix is softened with hot water and I add cow's milk) for breakfast (with almost a full bottle), a bottle at morning tea, vegies and some kind of meat and veg in a jar with another bottle, bottle for arvo tea, then meat/vegies for dinner and maybe a topup bottle before bed. The quantity of solids very small too, but she's still got those cute rolls on her legs and she's happy and healthy, so I'm not too concerned. I think the bottles are sustaining her!

She sits with us when we eat dinner and we give her stuff like broccoli, cheese or cruskits, or if we're having takeaway we have to give her hot chips or there's hell to pay!!! We're having a very boring bangers and mash tonight so will see how she goes with that!

Have a great day everyone!

MICHELLE _ I do put margarine on sandwiches for Claudia. She loves vegemite sandwiches & sometimes I make cheesy's for her too. Isabella sounds like she is getting enough, she's sleeping well & like you said she's happy & content, so I don't think her little fairy serves of food are bothering her! Did she love the sausages? Claudia goes ape over sausages. She also loves sucking on a piece of steak. I used to make Jessica those french cutlets when she was that age & she'd lick this piece of steak on a bone like a lollypop, but I can never find them in the stores to buy them for Claudia.

I have to go, Jessica has gastro. The poor chicken has been throwing up since 3am. It's been a nightmare. She's asleep atm, but if she's still going when she wakes I'm going to have to take her to the Dr or the hospital because she's soooo very pale & can't even keep water down. I dont' want her to end up dehydrated.

I hoep you are all having a great day!

mummycate Guest

Yes I have the job! I start as soon as I can. Can't next week as Terry has exams and we can't get her into the centre on tues and wed, so I'll start week after and MIL can look after her on thurs as Terry has an exam. So this all works out and we won't need childcare for Ellie until Terry starts uni again. I went to work today for a trial run and it was great! I worked with the 18mth to 3yr group until midday and then with the bubbies until 2pm when I finished. So because I would be working with both groups, Ellie can't go to that centre. Which is ok, coz by the time its Feb, we'll have her childcare sorted out.

Ellie's teeth are coming up. So she has two!!! Poor chickadee is grumpy and has sore gums. Been a bit off her milk and food but we just keep offering and she takes what she wants.

Got my first aid training tomorrow and WIRES (native animal rescue) over the w/e. So I'm pretty darn busy now.

Wow I have another headache coming on and still have to finish my workbook for tomorrow and got some other stuff to do online so I better stop gasbagging and get going.

Love to all xxx

mummycate Guest

And poor Jessie, gastro isn't fun. Have you tried the gastrolyte iceblocks on her? Ask at the chemist about gastro rehydration drinks and iceblocks. Good luck at the doc.

Hi girls,
    I probably wont be on here very often over the next week or so. My DH kindly used up all our downloads, so the computer is soooo slow and as we all know, our time is precious. That and the fact that we still haven't got our computer blocked off to our crawling munchkin. ATM I have Tobi sitting in his high chair next to me, so he isn't at my feet sucking my toes like he was this morning when I tried to get on here.

Big News!!!! Tobi pulled himself up so he was standing up in the bath tonight. Yeah!!! My big boy is growing up. And he has perfected the wave and actually waves all the time now...most of the time to nothing in particular, but he will wave back too.

What does Tobi eat?
    Breaky - A few teaspoons of yogurt with weetbix. I am sure if I just gave him yogurt, he'd eat more of it.
    Snacks - Plain Cruskit and fruit juice icey-poles and water.
    Lunch - Salad and fruit. Depending on what I am eating. Once again not a lot...maybe 1/2 banana
    Dinner - Vegies and a bit of meat
    He really doesn't eat a lot and I have to cut his lumps up really small, but at least he is eating. I am trying him with everything at the moment (except hot chips- have to get him to eat good food first). Oh and I have to stick it in his mouth for him. His pincer grip isn't very effective yet and even though he can get the food to his mouth, he ends up dropping it down his front. He doesn't pick it up right. And if the food doesn't break down easily in his mouth, then he ends up sucking on it for hours. The other day I gave him some mince and he still had it in there about three hours later, even after a breast feed. He still will eat some pureed food, but mainly the sweet ones I think. Favourites at the moment are mango, especially sucking on the seed, Vegemite and cheese on toast (with butter), cruskits, icey-poles, cheese, beetroot, banana, yogurt and meat. And he only has boobie three times a day, both sides. How much water does your babies drink? Tobi struggling a little doing number 2s, and I think I need to get a little more fluid into him. He doesn't seem interested when I offer though. As far as cows milk, I haven't done it yet. Tobi isn't a fan of the formula in the farex, so I am holding off on trying cow's juice (as Ryn puts it...very cute), he always just has water added.

Michelle - I am glad to hear the my bub isn't the only one that is eating only small amounts. I figure that if they are happy, then they are OK.

Jayne - I am really sorry to hear the Jessica is sick, especially with your man away. I can't not handle vomit, so am dreading the day when my little man throws up like a big boy. I think that is when the grandparents are going to have to come and visit. ..Jumping Castle for Jessica's party. That sounds awesome. I hope that she is all better by then. I can't wait to do kids parties and making cakes.

Kel - I think you might be right about the cold food, especially now that it is getting hotter. Will give it a go, and see what he thinks....also in relation to Ryn and yogurt, I noticed while I was in London last year that they don't have nearly as much daily stuff over there as we do. I was so shocked. It mustn't be a 'big thing' over there. Is that true Ryn? Either that or they just don't have as many cows!!!

Ryn - Way to go Liebling. First Steps. That is fantastic. You must be beaming with pride and joy.

Christie - I am glad to hear that DS is better. Tobi loves beetroot because I think he can suck on it and yummy juices come out. He does have a bit of purple drool afterwards though. It does come out clothes, but I feed it to him, so he doesn't get it everywhere unless he spits it back out. As far as cheese is concerned, I just give him what we have - Bega So Light. How is the workouts going? I'm too lazy and poor for a gym. Tobi and I walk an hour a day, not that I am losing any weight.

Lisa - How did your ultrasound go? Hope they can give you something for the pain and work out whats going on.

Catherine - How did the interview go at the Childcare place? When are you thinking about going back to work? The job sounds great. I hope it all works out. Wow to go El for her tooth. Now she wont have any problems with the lumps.

Back to my DH...he is fantastic with Tobi, plays and laughs with him. But as soon as he is sookie, then thats it, he wont try to calm him down. I don't think he tries to listen to Tobi and find out what he wants. That and he is very good at tuning him out. I think he is a fantastic Dad, just needs work on the parenting. This weeks goal is trying to get him to stop leaving his phone charger plugged in where Tobi can come and suck on it.

Take Care all
    xxx

Hi girls!

Congrats on the job, Cate!

re: being a bad mummy for food: pie and chips. Oh yeah. Liebs has eaten pie and chips! DH was out fishing and I just couldn't cope cooking (I actually didn't want to eat again) so compromised on oven-ready food. For sandwiches, Liebs just has bread and cheese seperate, he does eat my sandwiches if he can, but can't get them in his mouth that easily.

Tash and Kel, fresh food is odd here. Most people go to the supermarket every 2-3 weeks so you only have fresh maybe 10 days of the month, the rest freezer. Since stopping work I go to the greengrocer's and butcher's daily, if needed, so we have more fresh in. But yoghurt is an every other week thing for us - I love it, but it's just buying it and getting a good yoghurt, not a low-fat one. London is even worse. Fresh food is reserved for the sandwich bars, it seems.

gtg, he has awoken!

Hey Lovely Ladies,
    I'll come back in later & post properly, but we were at hospital with Jessica until 9pm last night. She just couldn't stop the vomiting. I took her to the GP & after she vomited 4 times in the waiting room (only waited 10 minutes) & 3 times while he was looking her over, he gave us a letter & sent us to hospital. In the end they tried a nasal gastric tube to feed her but inserted it incorrectly & it ended up in her LUNG. Talk about stressing me out! After that went wrong, they gave her some pill under her tongue & although she still has the runs REALLY bad, she isn't vomiting. She is very lethargic, teary & in pain with her tummy cramping up today. My mum came & helped me & thank the lord that Claudia slept ALL night last night! WOO HOO!
    I've got to go, I"m off to the shops to get Jessica some icypops & some bread etc... today is shopping day & of course I have no food.
    Love Jayne

I hope she feels better soon! Poor lil darling.

oh jayne that sounds dreadfull, poor little chicken....

ryn - yippe for pubert walking!!!!! that is so cool, if my strange child tried standing up near furniture we could be getting close instead she tries to stand up in the middle of the room - not very successful but looks damn cute!

tashie - i was thinking of you today... i think our babies are exactly the same in so many ways!! i have kinda figured jemima out... the food thing... she is NOT a big eater not at all but if i split the meal up into two sittings i have more success.... ie she eats half a can and then about 2 hours later she has the other half.... same amount of food i bet as the other babies just in smaller doses...... worth a try??

this morning AWESOME baby back again, slept til 7am and then ATE BREAKFAST lots of it and then had FIRST b/feed at 9.30!!!!! that was after going to bed normalish time last night! BUT we got woken up by our 3 dogs barking .....murphys law

my friend had her baby this morning (i was there when the pains started so so exciting) anyhow she named her ODELLA awesome name, beautiful baby! my friend was worried i'd think she had slept with benji coz Odella is 57cm and we know no other little girl born 57cm except Jemima and she has a mop of black hair just like jemima so so funny (but has normal feet not flippers like jemima)

have a great weekend - cate you sound so so busy! we are going to dentist for ourselves so will get Jemima to sit in the seat and have dentist look at her pearly whites - smylie wylie's first dentist visit!

mummycate Guest

Ellie's tooth has come up so I can actually see it, and there's just one there. So one tooth for now. I did my senior first aid today, was easy. Got WIRES tomorrow. Its all the way at Picton, about 1.5 hours away. So instead of getting T to drive me at 7am when he finishes work after midnight tonight, I'll head out west to Penrith to meet another lady and we'll carpool. So two looooooong days ahead of me. T has been a bit of a bum to me. He hardly talks to me, when I finally get home, and hasn't touched me at all in 2 days. And I asked him if he still loves me, and after 30 seconds looking at me, he didn't say anything. How does that make me feel? What am I supposed to do? I'm out all day catching buses or trains and working or studying and do I have to make all the conversation and effort to be with him? Yes of course I do! (sarcasm). I want to get some vinyl and iron-on labels for Ellie's things for when she has to be in care and what does he want me to do? Use a permanent marker. So on her clothes, her name or initials will be there forever. And now its not good enough to be sold or passed onto other family members. But iron-on labels can be removed (I think so, its a glue). And vinyl labels will stay on longer than permanent marker. But hey, he's the boss, even though I will buy them. God, why does he want to be such a cheapskate? Its getting worse. I don't know what to do with him. Sometimes I catch myself thinking that I might fall in love with someone new. When we met he was not like this. Its so hard for me to go through every day pinching pennies to make him happy. When we don't have any financial difficulties. No debt. So what's his problem?

Enough about me, OMG poor Jessie! How can they botch an NG tube like that? Only someone who's never done it before would do that. Or someone who's not supposed to. Ellie isn't eating or drinking as much milk as she should, but her gums are hurting her a heap. We just keep offering.

I have to go to bed, early start. Ghastly 5am. Groooaaaaan....

cate - terry seems a teeny bit like benji when it comes to saving money... but he doesnt fight it if i find it important enough to argue.... he would do the same thing with the labels, sometimes there are things that you should NOT discuss and just go out and buy...... benji likes to save money in everyway possible but i find it frustrating sometimes the stuff around that saving money takes, or get sick to death of the dodgy things i have to do coz benji is saving a penny here or there.... it could be a being a "man" thing, when i met benji he lived at home so being with me is the first time he has had to run a household or whateva so maybe they are feeling pressure and think they have to save money not looking at big picture?

another AWESOME night sleep for jemima and i am realizing that before the last two nights of 6-7am wakeups she was doing 4-5am wake up and that there is nothing wrong with that anyway so i am feeling heaps better, was SICK to death of hearing about neighbours baby sleeping from bedtime to 6.30 but now am feeling great coz jem is doing basically the same without me fighting her all day to nap... i never fight her to nap unless she tells me she really wants to sleep but keeps forgetting

SMYLIE _ We're so on the same page. I just started with Claudia to give her dinner @ 6 & then at 8pm give her a tub of yoghurt, simply because she doesn't eat enough to get her through the night - hence the wake-ups for a booby feed. BTW my kids are VERY naughty & go to bed at 9pm. It was a habit I started with them when Alan first went away so I could keep them up so he could see them on Skype. I'm slowly getting them into bed earlier, last night was 8:30 for Claudia. Jessica was basically asleep the whole day, the poor chicken is so exhausted.

CATE_ WTG on the job, you sound so pumped for it, it's great! How is little El going with Mummy being out getting clever? Who is looking after her? I'm not sure what to say to your man, except SCROOGE MCDUCK. LOL. In all honesty, Alan & my fights are ALWAYS about finances or sex so I know where you are coming from. WTG on the tooth for Miss El! That's great. It's so cute when you are spoon feeding them & you hear the tooth chink on the spoon or glass (Claudia is into sipping water from my glass atm).

TASHIE _ I always had a hard time with Jessica & water, but Claudia loves it. Have you tried it in all different types of cups, spouts, etc...? If he's breastfed I'm not sure that water is so much of an issue??? I dunno? Sorry but I PMSL about the mince still in his mouth after a breastfeed & 3 hours had passed. Eeewwww. Yep, Birthday Parties are fun, but EXHAUSTING! I'm doing her invitations today, hopefully!

ME_ Jessica is finally on the mend. The poor little muffin still has the runs but she isn't vomiting & she is soooooo exhausted. She basically slept all day yesterday & she slept with me again last night & is still asleep now. She ate about 10 cheese & bacon balls, but that's all she's eaten so far. She is sipping water & apple juice, so at least something is going in. Claudia LOVED being at the hospital, she chatted & laughed & played the whole day. The nurses loved her & she started saying 'hello'. Plain as day. This morning she drank through a straw for the 1st time ever. Everything is happening. She is also started to walk around the spa holding onto the edge when she is in there so she can get to the toys. Man, Alan is missing so much stuff, it's sad. I've got Rage on the TV at the moment & she is standing up at the computer desk bopping away & laughing at me. Cheeky muffin!

Hi everyone
    I have been busy over the last few days, shamelessly plugging my brothers band in every way I can... They have released a film clip and they have it on a website called WotNext (it is a .au site)... there is a comp where if they stay at number #1, they will win the $50,000 prize which is a recording package and another film clip... plus the film clip for Realize will be shown on MTV and Rage (Jane reminded me of it when I saw she was watching Rage! lol)
    So... if you wanna check it out, go to the web site I mentioned and in the search part, type in Realize... the band is called Head of State... my brother is the singer!!!

Besides that... I have bronchitis... fantastic!! I am so annoyed... I hate being sick... and it seems like the last few weeks, I have been nothing but.
    I will do personals later

hey hey
    i watched the video clip it LOOKS cool, when jem is not trying to go to sleep i may listen to it to Lisa... heheheeh

michelle i want help with sandwiches too, jemima ALWAYS has yogurt for lunch, if i am having a sandwich she eats the bread or whatever when we are out but i have not actually brought sandwiches with me for her.... i'd be thinking vegemite hmmmmm ???

lisa - bronchitis sucks especially when the weather is getting better, it is a winter sickness so i think you need to have a chat with that body of yours....

Whoa.... I think I've been reading since page 3 of this thread (skimming some of it...)!!!

Yes, I have been gone a while, thanks for thinking of me Tash, and thanks Cate for letting everyone know I'd been away.... not many excuses for this week, other than the fact that the devil has possessed my child and we've had a shocking and exhausting week......

She's not sick, though she does have conjunctivitis which I sat on for a couple of days, but got a/b's for today, so we dont know what's going on, but she is fighting sleep at every possible occasion, but is tired, screaming etc.... you all know the drill!

On a brighter note, Cairns was wonderful! Just a pity I had to come back to reality.... maybe that's whats wrong with Monkey too.... she just wants to go back to live the tropical life!

And a very belated welcome to Brendan's Mum!

Not much energy to write much tonight, but HUGE congrats to you Catherine on the job!!!

I'm sure you're all over this milestone update, but I'll do Monkey's rundown soon; the only really exciting thing she does is talking (mama, baba, dada, bye bye and various other ramblings that I wish I understood) but not as much as Harrison!

Love to all

KYM _ Welcome back to the land of the living! LOL. I hope Monkey sorts herself out very soon for you. Sorry to hear about the conjunctivitis, it's going around in droves it seems. I hope it clears up for her soon. My dr told me as well as the eye drops to wipe milk in their eyes, just cows milk if your'e not breastfeeding is fine too. I did that with mine & it seemed to really help.

SMYLIE _ I had the same issue with Claudia & her love of yoghurt. I should have explained, but what I do with sandwiches is cut off all the crusts, use a rolling pin to flatten the bread a little, add the marg & vegemite & then roll it up & give it to her that way. It saves lots of mess & then she eats the whole thing. Maybe it's worth a try? Good luck!

ME_ My parents are coming to visit us today, so that's good. I'm still not ready to take Jessica out in case she is not over all her germs. I took them for a little walk in the pram though yesterday. Jessica laid in the back of the pram & Claudia sat in the toddler seat again. She thinks that's AWESOME!

Love Jayne

hmmm vegemite rolls... this even i could attempt......... THANKS jayne

conjunctivitis!!! oh no!!! i dont want to know!!! stay away from my baby!!! there was this child in front of me at the chemist clinic when i got jemima weighed and when he got to front his mum said he had a cold and conjunctivitis... nice and my child was playing with the same toys while waiting... what a good mum she is not bringing own toys for contagious child! grrrr but jemima is all good....

jemima did another AMAZING sleep in this morning for the 3rd morning in a row, am loving it! it has to be to do with the second dinner and proper crawling wearing her out?? hopefully tonight is the same even though her day was totally out of whack and she didnt sleep all day almost... hmmm

i hope she is getting another tooth, she projectile vomited, has been really hot and been super grissly and needy all day..... hmmmm

SMYLIE _ Oh no, I hope the beautiful Jem isn't coming down with a virus or something **** ssssh baby girl, wishing you nice dreams ****

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast