Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #8

my friend has asked me to write a letter for her girl's first birthday she is putting it all together in a big box for the baby and giving it to her when she is 16, so i better do that!

oh yes ryn - i am broke totally broke but my daughter looks gorgous!! no one looks at me that way and so i can get away with looking frazzled

Hello Ladies,

I have good news. Claudia's ears are on the mend. One side is 70% better, the other 80% better. Although they are still holding a lot of fluid, they are no longer bulging at the eardrums, which is always a good thing! So I feel much happier knowing my little one isn't having grommets or going under an anaesthetic just yet! Woo Hoo!
    It's been so busy here my end, with Jessica's birthday & getting ready for her party tomorrow. I also went & watched my niece's dancing concert last night with the two little ones. Interesting to say the least! Jessica loved watching her cousin & Claudia loved the lights & the dancing but there was too long a pause between one act & the next in which she got restless.

SMYLIE _ I was thinking of you yesterday! I went to Pumpkin Patch, bought both the girls a beautiful outfit each & then the lady said 'that will be $170.95 please'. I said 'Pardon me?' thinking she had said $70.95 but oh no, $170.95 for two outfits! MInd you, both girls got a cardigan & Claudia got the most beautiful shoes & headband & Jessica got some hairclips. So I dressed them in their clothes at the concert last night & they were the best dressed there for sure! SO I felt better. LOL.

I have got to go, I've just come up here to do some filing & I have to get ready for the party tomororw. SO much to do!!!

Love Jayne

PS _ Hello to all the beautiful babies!

Thanks for the Welcome Back girls,

Kym - So glad to hear the blocked duct is better, that must be so painful. Great about the sleep consultant as well. Hope it all goes well. You can't put a price on a good nights sleep sweet !!!
    Tashie -
    Don't blame you at all for putting DH in the dog house!!! Is he out yet?? Sounds like Tobi is a great eater. Erin is a little piglet, doesn't stop eating!
    Sally - So so sorry about your angel baby, sending all our love to you.
    Kel - I just handed in my resignnation, teh company has been totally restructured and I wouldn't have my old job back and had to go back full time. I actually feel a big weight off my shoulders since I resigned! Love Jem's picture!!
    Caryn - Glad Leibs is all well now,very clever clapping!!
    Jayne - Pumpkin patch is so nice but so expensive hey!!! I got 3 x $50.00 vouchers for Erin from interstate rellies so have only just used one as she still has so many clothes. One thing the stuff really washes well and lasts as well. ( so it should!!!)

I've worked at a volunteer crisis line for the last 5 years and ha dthe Xmas lunch for that on Friday it was lovely Erin was really good for my friend who looked after here which was a relief. Just finished writing Xmas cards out, what a relief thats finished they started neat the last couple proably are unreadable.!!!

Hi Girls,
    Looks like everyone had a busy weekend as there hasnt' been many posts the last few days. We went to visit rellies and had a really good weekend.
    DH is out of the dog house and back into the bed and we are all happy again.
    Tobi has been a HUGE sookie baby. Went to the hair dresser on Friday and he HAD to sit on my lap the entire time while I got a cut and colour. I did manage to get him to sleep by walking around the shops with foil in my hair, but he woke up after about 30 minutes, just long enough to get the colour washed out.
    He is climbing really well now and starting to walk along the lounge a little.
    Anyway, that is all my goss. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
    Take Care
    Tash and Tobi

Where is everyone? Hope your lack of posts doesn't mean that your bubs are all sick.
    Thinking of you all.
    Take Care
    Tash

jemima ALWAYS sick, she has a dodgy mother..... hehehehe
    she is rattly and a bit snotty but heaps better than last week....had to miss mothers group, swimming lessons and nursing home xmas party oh well
    i will post photos later but had lovely time at beach yesterday - hint to those who have not taken child to beach yet - i did not realise their heads could get sunburnt, while in the water jem got pink head.... she is ok but that was lesson for me.... oh well
    she has finally started eating normal amounts of food again... which reminds me she is in highchair gotta go!

Have to be quick, will post properly later... don't want you to think we don't love you Tash!!

Sleep consultant went really well last week; she was really willing to work with me, not just give me a standard "program".... And things have improved, especially in the day....

Having said that, Monkey is now truly sick - has spiked 3 temps since yest morn, so despite new strategies, we have had rotten nights, but at least their is a reason and I have no problem giving lots of cuddles when there's a reason!!! Went to Dr today, but he thinks prob just a virus....

Gotta go, need to pay for some ebay wins - am new to this whole game and thouroughly enjoying it!! (have bought some clothes for Monkey)

mummycate Guest

My cold is almost gone. Just the odd cough and feeling sniffly. AF MUST BURN AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate getting AF. It hit right when I was on the bus today. The pain came and I just knew I didn't have long before a mess. Got home just in time, yet knickers had to go into soak. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I HATE IT!!!

Ellie is doing so well, forgot to mention, she waves now! She started doing it last tuesday. Its a limp dangle hand wave. But oh so CUTE!

I got my hair cut today and finished off the gift shopping. Geez Christmas is expensive! Even with small budgets set for each person, it adds up. I spent less on some people than what I had previously budgeted, so that was good.

I've been sleeping well, but it takes some effort to get tired enough to go to bed and I can lie there for ages awake. Perhaps I need to wind down earlier or take some herbal sleep remedy. I'll try the former first.

Poor Monkey! Just as the sleep is getting better, she gets ill again! Oh poor sweetie :hugs:. Kym, you gotta love ebay! I have bought heaps of baby related things over the year, saving so much money. Some things really don't need to be brand new.

Tashie, glad that things are good between you and hubbie (forgot his name, its not Alan, that's Jayne's husband). I think he just needed to have time to soak in how much his words hurt you, and the withholding of dtd made him realise that he really did want you and had to make it up to you. Glad that it wasn't for too long.

Poor Jem. Its not good always having a sickness. I used to have just 1-2 colds a year but this year I've had about 6 colds, a gastro bug and some sort of lethargy bug. Its driving me nuts. My immune system just needs to build up again. I guess so just Jem. Not much we can do about these things.

Jayne, I never shop in Pumpkin Patch. The clothes are nice and good quality, but I feel its just not worth it. Target have better quality than BigW and Myer are better than Target. So if I needed something really good, I'd just go to Myer. Or shop ahead and get it online off Ebay. Most of the mums in my mother's group get their baby's clothes from PP, Myer and those other baby clothes shops. I just can't relate. I know they're nice and good quality, but believe me, Ellie will dirty up and make all clothes grubby, especially the knees, so its not worth it (for me anyway).

I've been going on BB everyday, but just don't have much to say, or feel like saying much and I guess everyone's been busy this weekend. Welcome back to the working week.......

the dress in the picture of jem and her hair clip is pumpkin patch, somehow my mother in law wandered into pumpkin patch too..... hehehehehe awesome ehehehehehe actually the other red dress in the photos in my gallery is pumpkin patch too.... she has a lot of pumpkin patch..... hmmmmm and then anything with cool slogans she has a lot of slogan shirts..... she has way too many clothes, heaps more than me, am a bit worried though that she has gone from a size 00 to a size 1, leaving all my size 0 clothes BNWT wondering if they are going to find a new home....

hair clip place on ebay any baby with a little hair can even enjoy....: PJs Pretty Pieces i hope i dont get in trouble from belly belly but : eBay Australia Shop - PJs Pretty Pieces: No Slip Bubba Clips, Pinch Clips, Special Occasion Pieces or message me and i will email you the link if that doesnt work

what kind of things did the sleep consultant suggest???
    Last edited by smylie; December 10th, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

Hi girls I've had a quick read of the posts, sorry to hear about the sick lil bubs not fun. brendan had a cold last week, luckily wasn't anything too serious even though it did cost us a trip to the hospital.

Kristy, thanks for sending your love. Things are getting easier now.... mummy by day, sally by night

Kym, I'm glad the sleep consultant went well

Take Care everyone

hey sally, i just looked at your photos, omigosh brendan is such a cutie! those eyes are amazing!!!

SMYLIE _ Thanks for the link, I'm just going through the 'check out' for Claudia's Christmas clips! LOL> I got her an adorable Mrs Clause outfit for Christmas day & now with these Christmas clips, she's going to totally look the part! I'm soooooo into the accessories as well. More so with jessica because she has longer hair, but Claudia has her first headband. I never used to like little ones with headbands, but I have to admit, Claudia looks super spunky! I am a bad mum too, jessica had her hair parted the other day in the sun & now has a really cool sun tan line in her scalp. NICE! She was out there for like 10 minutes & she is usually so good with her hat, but this time she didn't wear it & look what happens!

CATE _ Those outfits are the only PP stuff that they have. I rarely go into there for the same reason - it's overpriced. However, in saying that, I do like to have a really nice outfit each season for the girls for those special occasions & I just couldn't find anything I really liked & I did @ PP. I'm glad to hear that the cold has eased up. Have you found a new place yet or are you still at home with Terry? I'm sorry, I've missed a few days.

BRENDANSMUM_ I'm sorry to hear that your little man has a cold but OMG at the trip to the hospital, that is scary! I sure hope he's much better now. How's the rolling over going?

KYM _ My goodness, poor Monkey. Is she better now? What did the sleep consultant entail? I'm glad that she worked one on one with you, rather than reading off her sheet of 'rules'. Once she is better, I hope that it works out for you guys, you need a rest that's for sure!

TASHIE _ How are you sweets? I haven't forgotten you that's for sure, I have been thinking about your e-mail & your nasty man with the weight. Tell him to carry a child inside him for 9 months, have his hormones rage out of control & then expect to keep the weight down! I'll e-mail you tomorrow.........

KRISTY _ You're a good girl doing the Christmas Cards. I must admit, I have never done them, I think I will do them each year, but never end up doing them. I should, I might go buy some tomorrow & do them! How is Erin? Are you back in Perth now? Where abouts again? Wayyyy North isn't it?

ME/US _ We are all sooooooo pooped! This week has just been bedlam. The girls have been just so wonderful but now are sooo tired! Poor Claudia just crashed in her pram at playgroup today, she couldn't even move her arms & legs for a while, just laid there, until her eyes grew too heavy! Jessica had a wonderful birthday party & the bouncy castle was a great hit! I'm so glad I got it & I got a gold star from the company for keeping it so super clean! Yay for me! Jessica got some wonderful presents & Claudia tried some wonderful party food. Like Chocolate Crackles! OMG she went mental for them! My house is still in party dis-repair, so tomorrow Jessica is going to a friends for a playdate & while Claudia is napping I must get onto it.

Hope all the babies are great!

Love Jayne

PS _ I almost forgot, Claudia is furniture walking & can stand unaided for around 20-30 seconds when she is concentrating! So exciting!

Smylie, thank you so much You have some gorgeous pics of Jemima, I love looking at baby pics... they are all sooo cute

Jayne, Brendan is better now. The trip to the hospital was minor. I had to get him checked out to make sure his lungs were good, he also had a cough and a fever, it's not worth taking a risk. The last thing I wanted was for him to get a chest infection, or something more serious. He's rolling really well now, he's learnt to move the "arm that gets stuck" out of the way! Hopefully won't be too long and he'll attempt to crawl
    Well done to Claudia for the furniture walking and standing!! Wooooohoooooo!

Take Care
    Lots of hugs
    Sally

BRENDANSMUM _ With Brendan being so early, do you have to monitor his lungs & things? That's the main reason for concern isn't it? Lungs are under-developed at birth? Gosh, that must be really scary, I'm so glad you take him to the hospital, I always do when I'm not sure too. But the time I took Jess to the Dr instead of the hospital she got put into hospital! You can never win!!! WTG on the rolling! My niece used to roll everywhere to get places, she didn't need to crawl because she got everywhere rolling, even under beds!

"just" a virus!!! that is the worst i reckon coz there is nothing that you can give them to make them feel better except rest and cuddles.... hate how it is always "just" a virus

i am totally upset today for stupidest reason, mother in law wrote their "xmas letter" and starts off by saying most exciting thing was 2 granddaughters hannah and jemima then mentions SIL labour (week of labour pains and false alarms) too fast for pain relief and SIL was proud of achievement then goes on to say Kelly's was different story elevated blood pressure meant bedrest except for trips to visit favourite niece (ie hannah) and then admitted then AFTER A FEW HOURS HAD EPIDURAL FOR PAIN RELIEF grrrrrrrrr the true story after FOURTEEN HOURS i had an epidural.... and not proud of it..... and then she says i was OFFERRED a c-section... hmmm it was that or keep my baby in mega distress with labour going nowhere.... CHOICE i think not and ends it by saying the cord around jemima's neck PREVENTED a STANDARD delivery
    so now everyone she knows sees SIL as hero and me as easy way out girl oh and SIL is working one day a week as macca managers and taking career break from teaching (probably not going back foryears) and Kelly is taking a career break..... NOT THE CASE!!! it should read Kelly is enjoying being a stay at home mum!
    grrr
    sorry for that rant i have no idea why she had to mention the labour at all ho hum

Kel - OMG. Your Mum is a cow for saying all of that in her letting. I would be so ****ed too. IMO she shouldn't be talking about your labour at all. It is your business to tell who you want, not all of her friends and distance reallies. I say, chuck a spak and let her know she has offended you. By the sounds of things your labour wasn't favourable and I am very proud of you for lasting sooo long before having an epidural. I only lasted 9 hours before I had one. And I wouldn't worry about what people think. Everyone knows that if you are 'offered' a CS during delivery then it is because you need to have one not because you want to. And I think that when people read it that will be as proud as I am of you.

Sally - We have run up to the hospital a few times ourselves. I agree, you just can't take the chance. Though I am learning to read the signs and my mother intuition a little better now though and don't freak as quickly.

Jayne - Glad to hear the party went well. And well done to Claudia for standing on her own. She'll be walking in no time.

Kym - How is Monkey? Feeling better again yet? Have you tried the white noise yet?

Tobi is driving me nuts with all this crying. I am pretty sure he is teething this time, either that or he has Monkey's virus. His temp is up a little and drooling heaps. If he is still upset and hot in the morning then I will take him up to the doc to make sure it isn't anything else.

Tobi can sit on his bum himself now. I just went into his room and he was sitting up in his cot. Clever boy!! But the cutest thing by far is him playing with his ball. He throws it and then crawls after it, picks it up and crawls again. It entertains him for ages. He loves putting it under the lounge too so that we have it get it out for him. He looks in from one side at us on the other.

Last night I asked DH to distract Tobi for five minutes so that I could paint my toe nails. So he started playing with him, but not for long enough. Before I knew it, Tobi had the bottle of green nail polish turned upside down, dripping down his arm onto the floor and then when I got the bottle off him, he stuck his green hand on the lounge. And then DH tried to blame the whole thing on me as I shouldn't have been painting my nails on the lounge in the first place!!!! Little Tobi still has one green nail!!!

Hi to everyone else.
    Love and Kisses
    Tash

HI Girls

TASHIE - Lol about the green nail polish. ( Mental note need to paint my toenails!) Erin teh oterh day managed to open a plastic jar of nappy cream and had it all over her. Typical men have to blame someone!!!!
    SMYLIE - WTF!!!! Why would you describe your DIL labour !!! Isn't a beautiful healthy bay all the information that she needs!!! I would be so annoyed as well!!!
    SALLY - Yay for Brendan rolling. He will be off crawling around in no time. I just read your birth story. What an amazing gorgeous tough little boy you have there!!!
    JAYNE - I am in Mount Nasura top of the Kelmscott Hill so south. We were in Bruce rock near Merredin before. Sounds like the party was a great hit, those bouncy castles are a great hit!
    KYM : I have become an Ebay addict lately very addictive. Hope Monkey is feeling better real soon. Erin had a high temeprature just before her teeth cut through. She has 6 nearly 7 now. Does the sleep consultant stay at your place for a night?
    CATE - Erin has started waving this week as well. It is so cute ! She has got the regal queen wave down to a T now!! Hope you are both feeling alot better now.

Well our blinds are getting fitted tomorrow and the tiling on the balcony finished so apart from the airconditioning which is next week most of the insides are sorted now.Finally updated Erin's photo.The In laws have bought Erin a big playpen 2.5 x 2.5 metres for Xmas. I picked it out new on Ebay it was delivered today. As we have tiles I have got some thick underlay and some soft fowm mats to put in there. WIll be handy when I am cooking and doing washing etc.

Well Erin is asleep and I feel knackered so might pop down fro a quick nap myself. Take Care girls!

Hello

Jayne, Yes, any sign of a cold, even though most of the time it isn't a issue, I'm straight the the hospital especially if it's accomponied(sp?) by fever. His lungs were underdeveloped at birth, Brendan was at risk of going back onto oxygen if he caught a cold, the risk is a lot lower now, but it's still a risk. He is also at risk of chest infections and Asthma (i have a mild asthma)

Take care

Kristy, Thankyou hopefully won't be long and he'll be crawling... but atm it's rolling!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast