Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #8

Default Babies Born February 2007 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

mummycate Guest

I win I win!!!! Hahahahaha

Going to bed now, sleepy. Goodnight girls!

Oh man. You are too quick. xxx

Darn it, #3.

Still poorly here, not enjoying this! Like the first trimester again, but with a sympathetic DH LOL.

mummycate Guest

Caryn? I'm confused. Are you talking about the election or something else?

First one on when you stay up darn late. I can't get to sleep these days. Ever since the break-up. I guess its the weight of all the responsibility I have now. I've started getting things. Got some kitchen things, still need to get most of the furniture and a fridge/freezer. I don't know how much I need to pay for that. Second hand fridges generally have something wrong with them.

I'm sad that democrats didn't do well, but I just hope labor keep up their promises and start to fix things.

My ex still has feelings for me but I cannot be with him. Even starting off slowly we just know things will get serious and I think I'm going to get hurt again. He left me because he was scared I was "making a nest". He's starting to regret breaking up with me in the first place. Which is why I can't be with him. I'm not ready. I'm ready to meet someone new and have that coffee and movie dates for ages being a casual happy light romantic relationship. Ok ladies help me out, where do good men hang out?

Bennelong... is it confirmed we have Maxine McKew? I just hope that things get fixed here. JH spent far too much time doing an almost satisfactory job of looking after the neighbourhood, and his backyard is overgrown and falling apart.

I'm tired when I'm up doing things and on the computer, but when I go to bed, I lie there awake. Should I perhaps take a herbal sleep remedy? I don't drink caffeine.

Bedtime, goodnight.

Awww Catherine, I'm so sorry things have gone the way they have, but El is much better off with two happy parents, so maybe it is for the best. Back when I left my ex I was eligible for rent support and family assistance part B through the family assistance office. Maybe you should give them a call? You may also need to talk to them anyway, to let them know of your chnaged situation. I really do hope it works out for you. As for meeting new men - well, you're more likely to meet them where you least expect! While I did hit a lot of pubs and clubs, I ended up meeting DH in my building at work! lol

Gawd, I can't remember what everyone said in the other thread, so I'll make this all about me yet again (I am sooo selfish!).

Isabella's finally on the mend. In fact, she's doing beautifully and is back to her happy, healthy self. Hopefully this means no more virusus until next winter. Cross fingers!

Those who want to come in our suitcases to Thailand will have to find their own way back because we're gonna spend big while we're over there and we'll need the room.

Oh, and one other thing, Bella's got a new video - click on the link in my sig. Not the most exciting video of all, but I reckon it's really cute. Another production by me. I really should be a movie producer....! lol

Speaking of my ticker, I think I have to update my age - I turned 36 on the 8th although I feel a lot younger! Bri was born on my birthday so I'll have to update hers too.

Oh, and a belated happy birthday to you Lisa!!! Hope you had a fantastic day!

hey hey

are you pregnant ryn? do a test if you are having all the symptoms.... we want to know!

JEMIMA 07 heheheeh (ryn that is a joke relating to the election we just had KEVIN07 was our new PMs slogan)

Michelle - you should come over one day this week at the moment i am free Monday after the gym, Wednesday lunchtime (after swimming) and Thursday after the gym, am freeing up more and more time coming up to xmas so i dont stress out too much coz jemima's christening is the 23rd and apparently i'm decorating the cake!

Jemima BETTER be teething she has been draining the last week, but still smylie..... very frustrating.... she was very off colour earlier in the week she actually looked green and did lots of projectile spews... so she was probably sick but we got through it only used panadol once... i always forget to

Cate - good luck with the Terry situation, sounds like a good plan with the days he is looking after Elouise

Jemima is crawling all over the place but still not so fast that i cant catch her before she trashes the place, and slowly the place is getting jemima proofed....

oh yeah and the ticker photo... we got a family photo done too very trendy and affordable mob Picture Moments i think they are called pm me if you want more details as i think i can get you free sittings and what not i will put the other photos i got taken in my photo gallery now

A belated Happy Birthday to you and Bri too Michelle I hope you and Bri both had a fantastic day.

Nothing much happening here right now, we're putting our xmas tree up.... grrr!!! The older kids are bickering with each other over the tree, and DH is putting up the lights around the room. We've hung some over the top of Harrison's mosquito net, he had a nap and woke up to them... he loved it!

ps - Jemima does not like Santa. We were first. We were this Santa's first. Jemima was not at all keen on the old guy. Photo in my photo gallery. HO HO HO HUM

Hi Girls,
    Just a quick one for me as my son is screaming up stairs. DH is up there too, so I am hoping that he will attend to Tobi, but you know what men are like.
    Tobi I think is finally teething. The drool is insane and he is very grumpy. He also has a nasty cough. Poor little man.
    Brisbane girls - I have a friend up there that does cakes. She helped me make Tobi's Christening Cake. It was awesome. Will post some pics tomorrow. It had three tiers and we are keeping the top for his first birthday.
    Jayne - I have found out all the tips for kid and parental seperation for you. Will email you the details when I get the chance.
    Ryn - I'm confused too. We need more details. Hope you are well and happy in the mean time.
    OK, DH still hasn't gone in, so see you
    xxx

Hi girls

Sorry for the confusion, I meant I was only 3rd to post, not first. And we all have a nasty flu (with D&V) so what with the lack of sleep and the throwing up it feels like pregnancy. I'm not pg, DH has been suffering the same too, hence his sympathies with this one. He has been a star and looked after DS as much as possible so I could get a nap. DS still has it and I can't wait until he is toilet trained - at least he has been pooing mostly in his night nappy, a sposie atm, so I can just bag it up and throw it out. There is no easy way to flush this stuff from nappies.

Cate, I really feel for you, it must be so hard. But you deserve some happiness and I can't help with nice guys, I have dated a lot of losers before I met my DH. Maybe a group hobby would help?

Oooh, Tobi's Christening - how exciting! Can't wait to see pictures. No-one took pics of Liebs being Christened (bit narked at the families for that) but my mother took some outside the Church. Can't wait to see the cake!

I feel for the teething mummies - DS got 3 teeth last week and it sucks. But he now has all four top incisors. Hope the rest of the teething goes well for you all.

Election - I heard John Howard was out of favour on the radio this morning, so it's Kevin now? Oooh, I am so up on international politics LOL. Over here we have Gordon Brown, who "no-one seems to think can cope with running the country, even though he has repeatedly stated that he can" according to the radio news.

Hope you and Bri had a great birthday, Michelle. Do you have joint parties? DS is 8 days before me, I'm doing him his own party the weekend before and a joint family party the weekend after, does that sound fair to everyone?

I'm not risking Liebs with Santa (not that we have Santa here anyway, we do St Nicholas in this house) and tree up next weekend, DH is taking DS out so I can do it. Woo-hoo, speed tree done in 40 minutes!

Best be off, love and hugs to all!

Der! Just got the Kevin 2007 thing - in my accent they don't rhyme. I realised over dinner when telling DH about it and did my rather gorgous fake Aussie accent.

DS is having a very bad night, he has been coughing for the first ?hour in bed, so please keep all fingers crossed he sleeps now! He's propped up with a pillow just to keep things clear. I can't wait until he starts sleeping properly again.

ryn - that so so so funny!!! i'd love to hear your aussie accent, for now i'll just imagine. i hate it when baby coughs in that night you so know they are not getting actual sleep, have you got one of those humidfier thingys to help clear the air? my doc gave jem some brocylin or something once to help clear her chest to help her breath and therefore sleep

does everyone make appointments when theri DH is home to look after bub??? i want to get some waxing done but dont want to use up MY DH time and DH has heaps to do around the place that he cant if we are both not entertaining jemima..... but i hate bringing her to salons... it works with my hairdresser coz she is one person salon so maximum 2 customers at a time and they dont mind if jemima is 'playing up' (ie being a baby) and she sits on my lap sometimes when i get eyebrow wax done (and laughs at me already) but i was wondering if anyone has taken bub when they have gotten bikini waxing or whatever?

ps - ryn why is your mood mad?
    pps - lisa did your pain go away yet?

only have one and a half xmas pressies to go!! (then a couple of optional ones) woohoo

Hi everyone!
    Ryn - I'd LOVE to hear that Aussie accent too! lol. I hope Leibs gets better soon. Did he end up sleeping? There's nothing worse than a sick bub IMO.

Kel - Great santa shots. I hope Jem wasn't too traumatised by it all! I'm still not sure if we're going to bother trying because she thinks ANY stranger is scary, let alone a big fat man with a big hairy white beard and goofy hat! Love the other photos too - they turned out great! I'll have to get the name of the place you got them done at. Can't believe you only have one and a half pressies to go - we're more than half way and we thought we were doing great! I take Bella to eyebrow waxing appointments but to be honest, I've NEVER had a bikini wax! ARGH!!! I want to, but I'm too scared!!! Not only have I been born with yukky lebanese hair (I need a whipper snipper to do my eyebrows as it is), but I'm scared about some stranger being "down there"! lol Yep. I'm a wuss!

Us - Bella's completely back to normal, and is as happy as ever. We have had to put our pushbikes (which were against a wall in the family room) into the spare bedroom because she pulled one of them down onto herself. Good one Bella! She gets around so quickly now and before I know it she's disappeared again - to somewhere she's not allowed to be! I tell her "No" when she plays with the vertical blinds and she smiles at me then continues doing it. Naughty baby!! Jem had better watch out on Thursday 'cause Bella might break her stuff!!!

We're still in two minds whether or not to have a naming ceremony for Bella. We're not getting her christened because we're not religious (well, not into organised religion anyway), so that'd just be hypocritical! As for the naming ceremony, a friend of mine who did our wedding has offered to do it for nothing, which is really lovely of her. Only thing, I think MIL would like grow all of her hair back first (after all of her chemo etc) so we might wait until next year some time?? Dunno??

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all!

Wow; as usual I am soooo disorganised - I can't believe there are trees being erected and decorated!! Although, the way my mind works, Christmas doesn't begin until 1st Dec and even though we aren't having a big one this year, I still want the tree up to put all Monkey's presents under..... mmmm has anyone thought about keeping the crawlers away from trees/presents??

1st of Dec... gosh that's Sat.... aarrgh!!

No, before you get excited, Monkey is STILL not crawling, but my girl is VERY close now and she is very pleased with herself just for getting up onto all 4's! And so are we, I am always very careful not to wish for things to happen too quickly, as that wishes the time away and she's already growing up soooo fast!

Actually, I think she said No (of sorts) the other day when she had had enough of her lunch - very scary to think she's learning that concept!

And speaking of food... Monkey has totally gone off it all lately!! Anyone else having that prob - I know you've had some probs with Tobi, Tash.... how did you get through it? Or did you just wait till he decides to play ball??

[B]Kel[B] - I must say I do a combination of taking Monkey with me and Daddy time when I have appt's.... I've taken her to the hairdresser before and it was just a wash, cut and blowdry (no colour), but she was great... sat on my lap and watched and looked at herself in the mirror! I am also lucky that a girl I met at ante-natal classes is a beauty therapist and now works from home.... her mum looks after her daughter while she's working and is happy to look after Monkey as well!!

Kirsten - I know this was from ages ago, but how do you prepare Quinoa? I first tasted it in Sth America and love it and would be interested in giving it to Monkey for some variety, but am a bit scared!! (I also get nervous around pulses!!)

Bummer, had more to write, but have to go...... Oh well, lucky you guys don't have to wade through any more of my ramblings!!

Hope all are well, including you, Ryn, hope the flu is gone....

I haven't had Harrison's Christmas photos done yet either... We keep meaning too but things have come up. Harry does this new thing now with strangers, or when someone talks to him... he tilts his head so it sits on his shoulder... he looks so adorable when he does it too... he is my little shy boy! If me or DH are holding him, he will do the head tilt and then put his face into our chests and smile. Apparently DH was like this when he was little too. I am sure Harrison will do this with Santa too.

Well, I have been to the hairdressers once and DS was very well-behaved. He was cooed over by the staff as I had my hair washed and then realised after 15 minutes I wasn't there with him, then he chatted away as I had my hair cut, just got a bit narky at the last 2-3 minutes. I have made my psychiatric appointments when DH can look after DS, but he doesn't, so DS comes along to those. He just toddles around the room and plays with his toys usually. Can't wait to show my doctor that he's walking, her little girl is the same age so she will be suitabley awed, most people (ie Liebling's grandparents) aren't too bothered.

As for other hair, I pluck my eyebrows once DS is in bed - sometimes I can do it when he's playing - and I am avoiding looking at my bikini line. I wanted it waxed pre-DS, but DH said it was a stupid waste of money (I usually do it myself), then it was shaved pre-theatre really, really badly and I just haven't had the time to do it since. I haven't done my legs for a week and try to not look at them too.

As for the tree, it will go behind the TV and have large, non-breakable baubles at the bottom. It's a 6'6 tree, so pretty big, just have to keep Liebs away as best we can. Oooh, can't wait for Christmas or tree up on Saturday! Can't wait to start our advent calendar either, we have a bible verse for each day and pictures to hang on a Jesse tree... it will be so exciting!

As for the flu, DS was up every 90 minutes last night (every 5 pre-pillow) and we ended up co-sleeping again. I prefer sleeping on the sofa because then I get a decent sleep without worrying my breathing will wake DS. I'm coughing up my lungs, not fun, but DS seems to be enjoying himself, he did loads of walking all by himself last night and did FOUR WHOLE STEPS before he started to fall and I caught him.

hey hey
    everyone says playpen to put the tree in.......... sounds like a plan to me rather than putting baby in playpen, also works i believe if you are the ironing type, do your ironing in the playpen...... but yes lots of mums say pressies and tree in playpen...

kym- i had heaps of troubles getting any food into jemima, she is not a big eater at the best of times so we have 2 solutions that work: serve it cold she is eating food ONLY if it is cold and 2 this one is kinda silly but make sure have about 3 lids from the baby food bottles on her highchair she eats when she is distracted.... so i know if i give her a spoon i will get some in or her water or these magic lids!
    timing is also key too, she can be not hungry at all and then 20mins later lap it all up???

ryn that is so cool the pubert is walking by himself.... my house not ready for jem to be doing that just yet, as soon as this kitchen finished and my dinnersets not on the floor it should be right.... i am getting good use out of my baby fences

michelle - warn bella that jem like to pull hair, hard..... she pulls all babies hair not cool and your baby got nice pullable hair.....
    Last edited by smylie; November 26th, 2007 at 08:29 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast