Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #9

Default Babies Born February 2007 #9

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found [http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=1070543#post1070543]here[/URL][/URL]

mummycate Guest

MWAHAHAHAHAHA I'm first!!!! Loving it....

LOL!!!! i think kirsten used to say woo hoo

baby teething BAD took 3 hours to go to bed tonight, not crying which i guess some would say why it took so long but each to their own at least half an hour of that time she had a play so it wasnt so bad but just frustrating coz i want to get stuff done while benji is home ho hum

mummycate Guest

oh Kel, El takes up to an hour every night. I think she's teething too.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! We did.... Brendan was very interested in presents! His eyes lit up everytime one was put in front of him. Very cute!

Brendan has cut 3 teeth now, two bottom and one Canine?? vampire tooth, lol. The other "vampire tooth" has cut the gum, just isn't quite through yet! He still isn't crawling, he kinda shuffles backwards and drags forwards atm. He will get the hang of it. B still isn't sitting or saying any words or even letters, just makes noise.... lol. He's onto 3 home cooked solids now(serving size is approx 2 tins). atm he has avacado, potato and carrot. He will not eat them seperately..... but will mixed together, YUCK! He also has 5 x 200-250 ml bottles a day as well. He was 10 months old Chrissy day!! Had his weigh in last friday, now weighs 8220 gms and is 68cms long.

I think that's all. Hope all is well!

Take Care

I forgot to add that his rolling is heaps better! He's quite happy to roll around the floor Also that he is still a sleepy head, 11-12 hrs over night and a nap between each bottle feed. Usually an hr or so!

mummycate Guest

Sal, my parents were worried that he'll get really fat, eating that much. But knowing he puts on about 500g per month (going off memory I may be wrong) and that he's premmie and he gets checkups every month, they were shocked but fine. I wasn't worried at all. But they're like, he's going to be obese eating that much! He's not. He's just a greedy guts. So Dad's like, maybe he has worms, once again the monthly checkups, he doesn't have worms. Wow so many things shock my parents.

lol, tell me about it Cate!! Parents are funny aren't they? He normally puts on closer to a kg a month, but he is learning new things now. The health nurse was fine about it because A. he is growing to catch up to the rest of the 10 month olds and B. he is putting so much energy into learning new things.

It basically comes down to the fact that he's screaming for food and wants to eat that much! I would never force him to eat it to make him catch up, iykwim. I happy with a smaller baby..... he's already getting heavy LOL

Take Care

i gotta get my baby weighed again... at nine months she was 8.14 so maybe now she is 9kg?? that would be kinda cool... she is just not a big eater but getting better... i'm loving having a thin baby though, it is hard to find shoes and clothes for her but when she starts walking more her feet will get wider so that might help but she still has really skinny ankles

today she got tooth number 7 and number 8 is VERY close if not also cut through, took FOREVER to go to sleep last night ho hum at least she hasnt been like this for too long and that it hasnt been that hot up here

brendan sounds like he had a great xmas, jemima got spoilt rotten so many toys from her grandparents! and she loves 'playing' with all our young cousins

benji bathing her so i should probably go think about dinner... and then maybe cook something...

ps - SO jealous at 11-12 hours overnight.... Jemima doesnt do that anymore, keep thinking about THINKING about a routine maybe new year
    i dont know

Hey Kel, Brendan got absolutely SPOILT!!! He got a fold-out lounge, a big fisher-price play centre, a heap of clothes and some books, some dangly toys (for pram and car), a huge lion teddy, some thomas the tank things (back pack and push-a-long), some put together push-a-long toys (I dont know what they're called ) and some noisy toys too!
    He's always been a good sleeper when I first bought him home, I was told (by the drs at the hospital) to wake him for his feed, I never let him go any more than 4 hrs during the day, which meant that he would sleep at night. At 6 weeks old he was waking up once. I'd feed him about 10 then he'd wake about 4. I guess I am an "unlucky lucky mum"

Hehe. Brendan has gotten himself into a new routine over the past few days. He still naps between his bottle feeds, but he's taking 1 less feed. instead he has a bottle of water which he sips on all day! Which suits me fine, because it's so darn hot here!! Brendans new day: 4 x 150-200 ml bottles 3 x solid feeds (home-cooked, equivelant to 2 tins) and a bottle of water around 150-200 ml.

Take Care, I'm off to the post-christmas sales today!

xxx

jemima used to be the best sleeper ever! (except for maybe quinn who is THE MAN when it comes to sleeping!) at 5 and a half weeks she wasnt waking up at all and would do min 11 hours at night sometimes more and then at about 5 or 6 months she has started to randomly wake up sometimes once sometimes twice but sometimes it is 4.30am so that not so bad but hard for benji as it wakes him and it is not long before he would have woken up so he sometimes would stay up and that makes a long day

with her being sick a lot and teething so many times in the last couple of months it has been hard to try routine or to try to get her to go to sleep by herself so at the moment i am getting a little frustrated at having to cuddle her to sleep......

mummycate Guest

Ellie doesn't like sleeping much in the day now and is still a nightmare to put to bed. I go in at least a dozen times to turn her back onto her back and sometimes strap her back into her safeTsleep. Unrestrained, she will NOT sleep but play and stand and yell. So its just a matter of resettling her many times.

HI Girls,

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I know I enjoyed it so much more this year with Erin around ( and not being fat and unable to drink like last year).

DH and I have been having some chats and now that Af has come back we are going to look at maybe trying for number 2. I have only had one AF back and am still breastfeeding so it is just see what happens I guess.

Erin has crawled under the computer desk so better go before she disconnects me.

Love Kristy xx

Hey Ladies,
    How did your Christmases go with your little ones? First Christmases are sooooooo spesh! I can't believe that we will all be planning 1st birthdays VERY soon!
    I'm heaps busy, as we all are at this time of the year, Alan is home & everything is hectic.
    I'll chat you all later!
    Love & Cuddles!
    Jayne

hellloooo! Belated Christmas wishes to you all.

I agree, 1st Christmas with baby is soooo cool, we had a great time up in Brisvegas. Just got back today.

Monkey was spoilt, but not too much, which is good - not sure where we would put any more stuff! Highlights of the presents included a gorgeous Winnie the Pooh toy - he sits on a log and sings songs and tells stories - what is the cutest is that Monkey is so short that when she sits excitedly in front of him they are almost the same height! We gave her lots of little things including some finger paints, crayons etc and a xylophone.

One little complaint about pressies - DH's family ALWAYS are giving her dresses and Xmas was no different - she got 3! I find it really frustrating as she just doesn't get enough wear out of that type of thing - and its' also frustrating as dresses are not really my style and at the moment her style is what I make of it - Monkey can choose her own style when she's old enough and if she wants to be a girly-girl then so be it. they are all really girly and into dresses and i think they just do it to annoy me! And dresses are not the best for crawlers are they?! I just wish they would spend their money on something more practical that we actually might use, 'cos she does need clothes at the mo.....

Also quickly, Monkey STILL has no teeth - is she the only one now???

We are having the usual probs with settling / sleeping, (nothing changes for long around here - honeymoon period is over!) but I can sympathise with you Kel, I know what you mean about getting a little frustrated with it taking so long - it's hard to stay patient when they are getting older isn't it..... We are having the standing up thing too at the moment, so can sympathise with you too, Cate!

Ooooo, Kristy, thinking about no. 2 - good on you - very brave!

I still haven't had AF return - though did think I may be pregnant a couple of weeks ago (am not, which although we aren't "trying" is always a little disappointing to see only 1 line on the test...) She will probably return with a vengence soon, as I am weaning Monkey's lunch feed as of tomorrow - well, we are starting to try anyway!! Am now on the countdown to starting work on the 22nd Jan.

Have finally found family day care which I am happy with and starting on the 8th, with gradual withdrawal plan - am quite worried about the sleeping thing - more for the poor carer being able to cope! I just know I'm going to be a mess though!

Sorry its' all been about me tonight, lots of love to you all.

Just had to add quickly - the reason my mood is p'd off is that Qantas lost our pram today on our flight home!!!!

They did find it and it arrived in Sydney at 9:30pm - we are still waiting up for the courier to deliver it tonight!

I know I should be happy now, but I get so worked up when things like that happen that it takes me a while to calm down!!!

mummycate Guest

Wow thank God that never happened to me last week! I flew Virgin and am flying Qantas on the 12th. I think i might just carry her, as T has a stroller and I'll be going back with Dad after a couple of weeks after my surgery, and T will bring Ellie back a month later.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast