Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007

Default Babies Born February 2007

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Am I first in here??

Hellooooooo.
    Come on everyone - lets get this party started!

hehehe
    Kirsten you are ALWAYS first!!!
    I just came in to say hello..... I will have a Feb bub so want to hear all about what I'm in for!!!
    Kirsten the Mighty Quinn really is gorgeous what a cutie, Lisa & Kylie's babies are adorable too, did you have any idea you were having a boy? Did you care either way?
    .... how many nappies are day are we really talking about???...... are you doing cloth???

Is there anything you didnt bring to hospital you wish you had and vice verser?

Hey Kel!!! yippee a friend in here!! I like to be first - and so does Quinn by the looks of it - he was born at 12.13am on the 1st Feb so he will be the first Feb baby in here

I had no idea he was a boy - DP was sure he was a girl, I thought he was a girl almost the whole time until I had 3 dreams he was a boy...so after that I didn't know, and I didn't care either way, it's funny but I'm so happy to have a boy - I am so sure I would feel the same if Quinn was a girl - I would be so happy that I had a girl!

There is nothing in the world that can prepare you for the amazing amount of love you feel for these tiny little people - I love him sooooooo much - I can't wait for you to have your baby just so you know what I'm talking about!!!!!!

With Labour the only thing I wish I had taken was a cd player - I had the ipod but I ended up in the shower for 8 hours (and I feel terrible about the amount of water I wasted!) and I couldn't use the ipod in there, I also took heaps of lollies which I had no interest in once I was in there and I took my bean bag and didn't like being on it at all - it just made me uncomfortable! In labour you get quite fixated on one position so make sure you pick a comfortable one I stood up for the 8 hours in the shower then spent 4 hours on my knees on cold tiles lying over a fitball and then another hour on my feet leaning on the bed then the final hour on my knees on the bed leaning over the back of it - the bed adjusted right up...(I had the biggest swollen ankles and bruised and swollen knees by the end of it) they had to pass Quinn between my legs to give him to me then I was so unco that I couldn't figure out how to turn around - he was still connected to the placenta too at this stage Labour was wonderful - such an amazing experience - I don't know yet if I'm ready to say that I would do it again...but I really enjoyed my labour and I especially enjoyed the end result! I could just waffle on here for hours about how wonderful everything is! Even with the sore boobs and the sore undercarriage!

We probably go through about 10 nappies a day - I am going cloth all the way and it really isn't that hard - I have only got a dozen so am having to wash everyday, but that's not hard at all...I am going to get another dozen so it will be every second day or even longer - and with dry pailing there is no need for soaking or anything like that.

Cloth is easy!

Motherhood is just wonderful! I am loving it!

I haven't seen little Harrison yet but am now on my way to check out Lisa's website so I can get a good look at him

OK

Harrison and I are finally here!!!

Hello Kirsten and Quinn
    Awww... aren't we lucky with our little men?

I too had no idea that I was having a boy... I had thoughts at the beginning that I was having a girl and I guess that just sorta stuck. I too had dreams that my Bubbalouie was a boy... though when I was pregnant with both James and Madeleine, I dreamed the opposite sex for the both of them so I thought that Bubbalouie was a girl... then, in the last trimester I started getting really strong boy vibes... Rob told me early on in the pregnancy that I might be thinking girl to avoid the thought of carrying a boy after everything with Noah... being that only boys have what is wrong with him.

Kelly - The only thing I wish I had at the hospital was a stronger shower!!! The hospitals showers are always so weak and never warm enough... nothing you can really change though I guess.

Umm... for me, I definitely needed TV... loads of juice for after the birth as I always feel like something to drink while breastfeeding... thankfully they stocked me up big time on bottles of water whilst in there... Oh, and I got DH to bring me in something extra for lunch on one of the days as I was ravenous and the lunch I had one day was small and not too nice.
    And... I would say to pack more pants then you would think you need... I am always amazed at how much you can leak through the pads even though they are the biggest, thickest things ever... I was lucky as DH was taking my dirty laundry home every day and bringing them back clean for me the next day

ETA - Kirsten... I noticed in the Belly buddies thread that you have sore nipples too... you poor thing, I feel your pain!!! Have you tried Lansinoh cream? I bought it today and I have noticed a HUGE difference already.

spiddles Guest

Hope you don't mind me joining you guys!! Tennyson only missed out on being a Feb baby by 3 hours *lol*

Well you know I was having a boy *lol*

I had a TV in the birthing suite!! I was going to watch Prison Break *lol* but at that stage was getting out of shower and hoping into bed getting ready to push. I swear if I didn't tell the midwife that this baby was coming and I need to get out he would have been born on the gymball in the shower!! The gave my bottles of poweraide with the suck tops to keep my fluid up. Was good gave me something to bite on as it was all drug free.

Kirsten - I admire you with the cloth nappies. I have that many, I use them as spew rags. I had good intentions with Liam to use them but he was a handful as wouldn't latch and was EBMing him and was windy so would take 30-mins - 1 hour to settle him after each feed. I was a mess other than that he was a good baby!! Tennyson on the other hand, feeds well, sleeps well (I forget how often a newborn is awake for - he seems to be only awake anywhere between 6-8 hours a day. Usually 8am - 11 -12ish then 5-6ish to around 9ish. Has a feed again about 2pm but goes back to sleep and with all other feeds goes straight back to sleep.Has 6-8 feeds a day) Does anyone know the approximate on how much sleep/awake time they usually have?? Has already past his birthweight and now 7 pound 13 in only 9 days so am happy!! Only thing that worried me was his cord where it had dropped off but think it was nappy rubbing. Metho has cleaned it up heaps and doesn't look red anymore.

Liam is being great!!! Everytime I feed he tells me which one to use and says he wants to feed him *lol* and when gets home from daycare first thing he asks is Where's Tennis?? *lol*

Afterbirth pains are gone and no sore nipples here but I sympathise with you both. I think both of those are worse than contractions!! At least contractions go away!!

GO THE BOYS!!!

Hope everything is going wonderful for both of you and Harrison and Quinn aren't too much of a handful!
    Last edited by spiddles; February 10th, 2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Typos!

Lisa: I have been using Lansinoh from the start - one of nipples though is almost torn - I have slightly inverted nipples anyway so the drawing out has caused a bit of a mess, I'm feeding from one and express the sore one...but when it heals he will be back on there again...The soreness has it's moments of hideousness and i spend a lot of time walking around the house topless and leaking

Yay Kylie! Tennis (i love that!!! it's so cute) is technically a Feb baby so you just park yourself in here with us - we'd miss you too much if you went somewhere else

I just got back from visiting a friend who had her baby yesterday- we used to be neighbours and we've been through our pregnancies together, she had a little gorgeous girl. She makes Quinn look really big, she is 7 pound 12 oz! SO beautiful!

Anyway time to go and lie down.
    Waiting for more baby buddies!!!!

Welcome Kylie and Tennyson

Kirsten - I couldn't help but smile when you said you're walking around topless and leaking... I am exactly the same!!! I am so thankful that my older kids aren't easily embarressed by things like that.
    My nipples aren't inverted but basically flat so having a hard time there and with Harrison having a tongue tie, I am in pain alot while feeding.

I took Harrison to be weighed today and he has lost 800gms more since leaving the hospital on Thursday... so we have to have him re weighed tomorrow... he sleeps sooooo much and I actually have to wake him for some feeds... he is slowly starting to demand now though... fingers crossed he gets better with his demanding... apparently because he was born so fast he has slight jaundice, and that can make babies very sleepy... that is why he sleeps longer than he should.

Oh... I am so in love with my little man!!! I can't stop staring at him... after he was born, I started to sing "Can't take my eyes off of you" to him... so that has become his little song... Rob and I sing it to him all the time now!!! It makes me happy just to sing it to him... we really get into it too!!! lol
    Last edited by Lisa; February 10th, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

spiddles Guest

Gotta love the leaks....I sleep with a nappy plus bra and nursing pads on otherwise the sheets are drenched. Can't stand the smell of dried milk!!

Hope Harrison goes well tomorrow...You can do it little man!! Chock on some weight!! Is he in 0000??? I had to go and buy some. Even though Liam weighed less he was 55 cm's long so was in 000 pretty much straight away so I didn't have many clothes for Tenny!!

Re: Cloth and disposable nappies. It would probably end up costing me more to use cloth due to all the washing and the price of water due to level 5 restrictions. Water at the moment is more important to me than landfill. Our wheelie bin is chokers due to Liam and Tenny's nappies.

*lol* at making Quinn look big...He is a boy so he can get away with it. Girls should be tiny and petite hehehehe.

lisa - cant take my eyes off of you (your just too good to be true) was the song i walked down the 'aisle' to at our island wedding we hired a violinist to play it and then play it after the ceremony as well (and heaps of beatles songs too) i can just imagine you and rob getting into the trumpet bit!

I am so scared and excited with all this nappy and breast milk talk, cant believe smylie will be here next week sometime (have decided to go for the induction if it is put on the table again) (SIL had what she is calling a 97 hour labour... no thanks!)

Kirsten how did your trip "out" go??? I hope i figure out how to go out soon too as I have the engagement party of one of my best mates to go to 10 March so Mum will 'babysit' maybe?

Kylie - the pros and cons for disposable vs cloth make it about even, benji and i are doing both, i guess cloth when at home and have time and disposable when we are out, the environmental impact of washing everyday is almost the same as the landfill with disposables

hope you girls dont mind me invading this forum before smylie is actually here, but i miss you all in the belly group!

I changed a poo cloth nappy whilst I was out the other - no sweat! I also use cloth wipes too - I am the ultimate hippy! There were 3 other sets of parents who were gobsmacked that I use cloth - they couldn't believe it they all asked me if I do washing all day I thought it was funny. We have a front loader washing machine (which uses hardly any water and you only need to use half as much detergent anyway and can chuck the nappies in with other washing - so not much impact there from us. The great thing is that they dry so fast at the moment...winter would be a different story because I suspect I will be using the dryer a lot more.

OK now typically me - lets talk bleeding! How long are you supposed to bleed for after the baby (btw: do you love the way they call it "Your Loss" as in "How is your loss?"- nice way of saying - how is the crime scene in your pants?) mine eased off a bit but then has gotten heavier in the last couple of days - is this normal?

How itchy are stitches too! My 2 are starting to itch now...very annoying especially when combined with the sore boobs/hurty nipples!

Anyway Quinn, Darren, Jenny and I have been going for walks with the pram, it's so nice to be able to get out and to be able to walk around without feeling like a beached whale. It's been nice to go with Darren, a little family ...awww.

Quinn is doing really well, he's so handsome and good - he only cries when he's hungry and then he's pretty loud - must take after his noisy dad

Where are all of the other babies! Going over to belly buddies to check up on them now.

Hope all is well with all of the perfect babies!

spiddles Guest

*LMAO* at the show comment. Mine is pretty much non-existent now. I remember with Liam it did get heavier again. As long as there are no big clots and is smelly, you should be fine!!

Itchy is a good sign with stiches...means they are healing!! I didn't ask how many I had this time round. With Liam was 1 but Tenny came out with one hand sticking out and his head so I did tear pretty bad and the OB said the tear was quite unusual and spent what seemed like ages stitching to make sure it was done right.

YAY!!! for the pram walks...gotta love those. It so soothing and relaxing!!

Hope Harrision went well today with the weigh in Lisa!!

Hello

Wow... it is so hard to type one handed!!! lol

LMAO at the crime scene in your pants!!
    I remember bleeding for around 3 weeks in total with James... and for 3 with Madeleine... so who knows how long it will be this time around... it isn't pink anymore though for me which is great.

As for stitches, I have only had them with James because I had an episiotomy and had 10 stitches... I remember they itched then dissolved.

Well Harrison was reweighed today and lost another 20g... still way under the 10% he is allowed to lose... so I decided to use a nipple sheild today as a last resort... and he fed like a champ! heres hoping he will have gained some tomorrow... we have an appt tomorrow morning with a LC

I will post more later.

Hi everyone!!!!
    Here I am - haven't even said hello in Jan babes - I just came straight here WOOHOO!
    Me and Chloe are having such fun. Today we went clothes shopping by our selves for the first time. Chloe got heaps of new outfits because nearly all the stuff she owns is 000 and bigger and she is officially starting to "grow" out of her 5 0's. So we needed some 0000's. No pink allowed - I managed a pink free day. Everything for girls seems to be OTT pink.
    Chloe had her first chiro appt on Friday. She was is great shape. Not her mum though. I have to go back again this week - my pelvis is still not straight.
    We visited DH's nan in hospital on the weekend and I had to change Chloe on her mat on the floor in the hospital room. She wee'ed while her nappy was off and it ran off the mat onto the carpet!!!!! OOPS
    Anyone BF'ed in public yet? I have twice now. go me!
    ....and I either have a 'roid or anal fissure - either way the pain is way worse than child birth

how about this one handed typing - aren't we talented!!!
    Chloe is going for her paediatrician check up tomorrow - will have to try and update then.

big kisses to all your boys from us
    xx

Hello!

Brooke: Quinn had his first chiro appointment when he was 20 hours old his shoulder is a bit dodgy - he flung an arm out when his head came out and so his body was delivered a bit skewiffed...

Yay for shopping by yourselves!!. I have BF'd in the hospital visiting a friend, she had other friends there too but they were all mums and I was in my old maternity ward so I was ok with it. But haven't been out that much where I have needed to - when we;ve been out Quinn has been sleeping in his pram! How much do you love the Phil and Ted? (I'm sure it's you who has the same pram as me!!)

I have noticed there is a lot of OTT pink stuff around! but there is some nice stuff too - I like the girls stuff that is that nice lime green with a bit of pink.

Lisa: Good luck with the nipple shield - is that the one you have on while you feed?? Or the one that you wear before you feed? Quinn fed off my dodgy half off nipple boobs today and it wasn;t too bad! I feel much better now that he has...

Kylie - you're lucky with the non-existent "show" I still have some - it's not much but I still would prefer it to be gone! I was very used to period free zone and loved it!

YAY for baby buddies!

Hi Brooke and Chloe

Harrison is starting to grow out of 2 of his 00000 suits... they are the ones that say I love my Daddy... and he loves me too. I might have to buy the same again in a bigger size for him... there are so many gorgeous little girl clothes around... If you're anything like me...you will become addicted to buying clothes for Chloe... I still buy Maddy way too much when it comes to clothes... It is too easy because girl clothes are so cute!!!
    Though, I am loving some of the cute little man outfits that are around... I can't wait for Harrison to get big enough to fit into them.

Well, Harrison is feeding so well using the nipple shield... I am so happy that we discovered it because I definitely didn't want to stop BF, but it was getting to the point that we were going to have to.
    I had to cancel my appt today as I had a really bad headache... so hopefully everything will be ok for tomorrow.

Kirsten - The nipple shield is one that I use while feeding... it is a really soft, teat type thing... it isn't very noticable for me while feeding, not sure how it feels for Harrison but it has helped my nipples soooo much and it has helped Harrison get a better, fuller mouthful of nipple so he can feed better.

spiddles Guest

It's soooooooooo cold!! Contemplating pulling the gas heater out...It's 18c *lol* Tenny was a bit restless last night. I think it was the cold. Not that I wanted to, he ended up sleeping with us and I then managed to get some sleep. When I couldn't settle Liam, use to do the same with him and worked like a charm.

He is starting to grow out of his 0000 now and filling in 000 nicely. Thank gawd for all Liam's 000 wondersuits. Have come in handy!!

Have booked the kids in to get a portrait done tomorrow. Is Nan's - MIL 50th birthday is 2 weeks and want to get her something nice. Same lady did out professional wedding photos and Liam's baby photos and they are fantastic!!!

Kylie - Harrison slept in the bed with us last night because he was restless also... I think he likes being close to his mummy lol
    He loves to snuggle up on my chest with his ear to my heart... he loves to fall asleep like that on both me and DH.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast