Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007

Quinn does that snuggling too - he has slept in the bed with us a couple of times, but only for a few hours when he gets a bit restless, although sometimes that makes him worse - I think he knows when I'm near him and he screams for milk.

I had the maternal helath Nurse visit today (Darren calls her the Mental Health Nurse)- Quinn has put on just under half a kilo since we left hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a little piggy...he now weighs 4320gms, I (not to mention my nipples) am not surprised... I have my first mothers group on the 27th.

Quinn is almost out of 000's just squishes into them - he's quite long - and has skinny little chicken legs and arms like his mum!!

Hi all,
    More babes joining us soon - woohoo!! Still a bit slight on the girl front where is Em and Ruby!!!!

Yes Kirsten I am loving the phil and teds its great. My public BF was one time in hosp visiting DH's nan and one time in a park so not too much attentino drawn too us which was good.
    Chloe got a great review at the paed and he said her tongue tie would stretch on its own.
    Her new thing is that in the day when we are on our own she will only fall asleep in my arms and then once in her cot she barely lasts 10mins! she will sleep for ever in the car though. too bad petrol is dear!!
    I haven't started mum's group I have swapped health centres, so hopefully will find out next week.
    Kylie we are giving nanna (mil) a framed pic of our new family for her 60th too!
    Lisa Chloe sleeps like that with DH and rips out his chest hairs - ouch!!

spiddles Guest

I really don't want to encourage Tenny sleeping with us cause am thinking Liam will get jealous and demand to sleep with us also. 4 in a queen size bed NO THANKS!!

Yesterday I have written off....Was pay day YAY!! and got our bonuses so rates, gas bill, GE, rego all paid which is a relief!! Did grocery shopping only forgot it was pension day and DH gets trolley rage bad especially when ppl just stop dead in the isle. Shopping took so long as ppl just kept stopping us saying "look at the baby" and by the end he was sooo hungry and they were like "oh he is hungry" I was ready to say "well if ppl would let us shop he wouldn't have been JUST LEAVE US ALONE!!"

Well yesterday was also photo day. Sent Liam to daycare and asked them to make sure he doesn't get too dirty and no face painting. Go to pick him up and is covered in paint from head to toe with it all under his fingernails and they were just about to paint his face GRRRR!!! The girls looking after him didn't get the message passed on!!. Spent 30 mins in the bath scrubbing him clean and then got Tenny ready and he sprayed me so another clean up and then about to walk out the door and it pours down with rain. By the time we got to the studio, DH and I were soaked. Kids were fine.

Have a viewing of the photos next friday...Can't wait!!! From what we have seen so far just from looking at from the camera they should be awsome! Got some of the kids on ther own and them some together.

Brooke - YAY for photos!! I bet Chloe will look like a little princess and am sure MIL will absolutely cherish them!!

Well I finally made it Brooke LOL!
    I've been so buggered... not much time for putering sorry.
    My Dad is coming for the weekend and a first visit to see Ruby after being O/S... we're all very excited and he's beside himself and can't wait to get here. So I won't be around much on the w/e... just keep checking for Nat & Kelly
    LOL Kirsten! I keep calling her the mental health nurse too

I must get working on my birth story too before I forget... it was so great, I really want to share it with you all.

OMG where has time gone?
    My little darling is turning one and here's a february 2007 thread. It feels like it was yesterday that I took my little munchkin home.
    Reading about your first few days and weeks with your newborns makes me all clucky

Congratulations to all of you on your February babies.

Snowy

Hello, well we move a lot slower in here don't we???
    heh heh...where does the time go!

Quinn is doing really well - eating sleeping cuddling pooing doing all of the things he should be doing, his mum is very tired - I have 2 very sore nipples that I have been expressing fromdue to cracks - I would prefer to feed him from my boobs but it's just not happening with the nasty cracks - I have a nipple shield and have been giving that a go and it works ok - but still hurts...not as bad as without it though - anyway I am letting the nipples heal and will be back trying again as soon as they are.

I'e had lots of family down lately which is lovely but very exhausting...I got some mastitis lumps in one of my boobs and man does that hurt - the whole boob gets hot and the lumps are so painful it feels like your whole boob is going to drop off - anyway I did lots of massaging and hot and cold packs and it seems to have gone away...I was reading that the leading cause of mastitis is fatigue - having all of those people around was too exhausting for me...so anyway looks like I am on the mend and all is still lovely with the world. Although having that sort pf pain is very upsetting and I have spent lots of time crying...I've been told it's normal to do a lot of crying in the first 6 weeks

Hello to everyone -- where are the rest of the Feb babies??? Come on over girls!

Hope all of the wonderful perfect babies are doing well and that their mums are too! Can never forget about the mums, even though you go from most popular pregnant person to obsolete and all of a sudden the baby is the centre of attention...oh well I can understand that - our babies are all adorable and amazing!

Hello everyone! I've finally got around to popping in here and I've noticed that the girls are severely outnumbered, so here I am!

You all sound so happy to have your little babies finally. They certainly bring the best out of most people.

My little Isabella is such an angel - she slept from 12.30am until 7am this morning. How good is she???!!!

Apart from the fact that my nipples feel as though they've been through a shredder, I'm feeling pretty good. I just need to get that breastfeeding thing sorted and all will be great. I bought some nipple cream today, so am hoping that makes it feel better and I'm expressing to keep the milk supply up as well.

My weight is falling off really quickly. I can already fit into some of my pre-pregnancy pants and only have around 2 kg to go before I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, so I'm very happy about that! I'm sure 1.5kg is in my boobs alone with all that milk! lol

Got to go now and help DD with her homework. Have a great week everyone!

Can I join in too? My daughter Sophie was born on Friday 9th February and I am still trying to work out which way is up!

YAY!!!!!
    Hi Karen How's the gorgeous Sophie??????

Michelle - I am having serious nipple problems! I am considering seeing a lactation consultant or going to a breast feeding workshop - everytime my nipples start to feel a bit better and I put him back on they just hurt like hell - apart from the breastfeeding thing everything is going really well - if I could feed him I would be less tired because I am doing a lot of expressing as well and that can take it's time! I think maybe he isn't latching on properly - even though I have done everything I have read about I think I might need a bit of extra help in that area! So I think I might investigate that. It would make my life a lot easier if I could just feed him.

Oh and I am 2 kilos less than my pre-preg weight already!!!!!!!! The breastfeeding really takes it out of you doesn't it?? I will have to start eating donuts and lard to try to keep the weight on.

Hi Karen hope you and Sophie are doing well.
    LOL Kirsten! mmmm donuts!!
    I had some awful nipples for the first week and a bit, nasty cracks, blisters and bleeding scabs whenever she fed. For me it was all attachment and the lactation consultants really helped. ABA might be able to help too and it is worth persevering because after I got through the immense pain (and heaps of tears too) it doesn't hurt a bit and sometimes it tickles I think it also took Ruby a while to get used to it too, and to learn to open her mouth wide enough. It's very worth while getting someone to help you!

No idea about my weight... no scales LOL

I'm waiting on a home visit from the midwife so I can ask her to help. She should be calling in the next day or so. A friend of mine was referred to a centre where you can go and get advice and she have birth at the same hospital, so hopefully they'll be able to help me (god I hope so!).

My nipples are in agony and I'm giving Isabella formula just so I don't have to endure the pain, then I'll express instead and give that to her later. NOT good! I've not quite been in tears, but I literally shake with the pain when she attaches. After that it feels fine, so I don't know why attachment is hurting so much???

That's the one and only downside at this point in time because Isabella's such a wonderful little angel (even at night!) and I'm not tired and don't have the blues at all! If it weren't for my nipples, everything would be perfect!

I hope your bubbas are being good to you and may your nipples be with you! (sorry, I'm in a strange mood....!).

Ha ha ha - Michelle - it's all about the darn nipples isn't it - everything would be perfect with me too if it wasn't for the nipple agony! Apart from a few grumbly grisly moments Quinn is great.

Emily: I am going to have to look into the whole lactation consultant thing if this doesn't fix itself. I have had many tears - basically out of frustration - it takes me almost an hour to express enough milk to feed Quinn and sometimes that's not enough - he is such a big eater and I get upset with myself that I have dodgy nipples that have huge gaping splits in them. Anyway I'm sure I'll get there.

Where is everyone else - I know I knwo - they are being mum's and looking after their babies - such a big job isn't it?? But a great one!

Hi guys.

Emily - you've given me some hope that my nipples will someday feel ok! I really do want to stick with breast feeding and have been worried I'll give in and just switch to formula out of sheer frustration.

Kirsten - I't such a relief to know I'm not the only one still suffering when it comes to breastfeeding! Stick with it and I'm sure we'll get past this!!!

The midwife came today and I'd already worked out that part of my problem was getting Isabella's lower lip in the right position, so she helped me to sort that out - I needed to put my nipple at her nose so she had to reach up to "grab" it. It still REALLY hurt when she latched on, but once she started sucking I was ok and afterwards I wasn't as tender as I usually am. Hopefully things will get better as they heal. I hope so! I'm also thinking of going to a lactation consultant just to make sure I'm getting her to latch on correctly.

My belly has pretty much disappeared (other than some loose skin) and I only have 1kg to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. The midwife had a feel of my belly today and said in regard to my uterus, "It's gone!". Yay!!!

Isabella's put on 70g since birth and 235g since leaving the hospital, so she now weighs a hefty 3135g! Still smaller than my other DD was when she was born! lol She's my beautiful little piggy! Tomorrow we're off to the doctor to get her checked over (a routine checkup) and I'm sure she'll pass with flying colours!

Do you all find that your babies have a late night "session" when they won't sleep and just want to be fed? I'm usually feeding from around 8pm on and off up until midnight, then she sleeps until 4am or 5am (sometimes even later than that!). I told her last night that if she wasn't so cute I'd be getting really cranky by now! She's sooo beautiful!

I was a little worried as I was so over my pregnancy that I wouldn't feel the same about her as I did for my first DD when she was born. I had absolutely nothing to worry about - I am soooooo smitten with my precious little angel! Phew!

Ok, I'm rambling but I can't help it!!! Better go before I bore you all to death!

Hi all
    Finally made it here,, but will only be quick, i have been up most ofthe night feeding, so am completely stuffed, and have a whole day ahead of me,,,, including getting out of the house for the first time since i got home on tuesday.
    It sounds like nearly all of us are going through nipple hell!! I know mine are, which is frustrating as little Griffen was latching on well at first (although he was almost 48 hours old before i first got to feed him), but as my milk is only just starting to come in ,,,, he is getting frustrated with not enough i think, so for the past 5 days, he has slowly gotten more and more "bitey". When he latches onto the right side,,, it hurts,,,,,alot, but once attached, it is not too bad at all. But the left one,, when he latches onto that one,, it feels like he is getting the tip in and then munching his way onto it,, and it is absolutely horrible. Then when he feeds, as he is jaundiced, he keeps falling asleep whilst feeding, so i am constantly tickling feet, rubbing his head etc just to rouse him to suck again, but he still goes to sleep doing those tiny movements like he is using me for a dummy. so when i try and put my little finger into the side of his mouth to get him off,,,,, he sucks even harder,, and when i do get a suction break,,, he very quickly draws it back in,, so they get mangled by that,, and ache for ages after a feed.....little piruachna!! He also does not open his mouth wide enough most of the time either since getting frustrated,, and when he does open it wide,, he shakes his head, so it is hard to control it so i can direct him on.
    Apart from that,, he is just georgeous!! and it an absolute gem ,,,,, but then again I am completely biased lol

Can't wait for all the belly buddies to get here,,,, there were 3 born all yesterday from my thread!! and not many more to go,,,, getting so excited

Michelle: I will try that nose trick you mentioned - I fed him this morning from the boob and it didn't hurt as much but now it is doing the usual killing - does anyone else walk around the house completely topless from the nipple pain?? Even clothes hurt.

Hi Lilaussie: I know that head shaking routine - the frantic shaking of the head while trying to latch on is a killer - and then they get their hands up and scratch you on the already tender nipples!

Is everyone keeping with breastfeeding all the time or expressing - or formula feeding sometimes too - I don't feel like I have Quinn on long enough to feed him enough and sure enough after a little while after a feed he is screaming for more so I give him some EBM as well...this feeding thing is just so hard!

it is lucky they are so wonderful otherwise you might get cranky - but you just can't get cranky at ll for any reason

OK time to try have a nap - I'm EXHAUSTED!

Hiya Girl,
    Just a quick to let you know I have arrived in here also. Like Lil have been up all night and like all of you have the SOREST nipples... DH has just gone in to work for a few hours so Imight hang them out LOL. A few midwives said that if you express a little milk and let it dry while hanging them out it is meant to help heal too...willing to try anything at this stage!
    Did the link attached work?
    Nets xx

Talking

Hello everyone!

I finally have a Feb bub!!!! she is awesome, so placid and perfect in everyway!

Lisa - so sorry to ruin your perfect baby sex guessing record you were on a roll! I think I secretely wanted a girl but didn't really expect to get one! Benji said I was shocked when they told me she was a she!

My labour story is not how I would have liked and I feel a little cheated and cry a little bit when I think about it but the result was perfect I'm just extra sore for a while.
    (here it is I guess i should have put it in the birth stories, maybe i will later)
    I woke up on Saturday morning 3am with a show, felt pains basically straight away 15mins apart then quickly turned to 10 mins apart and they were all intense... (benji has been rubbing my back the whole time) at 5am i phoned the hospital and they told me it was prelabour but that would be seeing me today so that was exciting to know i was not getting "stuffed around" with fake labour as heaps of girls i know have lately!! At 8.30 I was 3-5 mins apart and very intense (benji still rubbing my back), rang the hospital and they said to come in even though i was only timing them being about 30secs long they said i was probably just feeling the peaks of the contractions.
    Got the neighbours to feed the dogs and rang my Mum so she could prepare herself to drive to the hospital sometime that day.
    Got to hospital at 9.45am and was 4cm, laboured until about 1.30 and was only 6cm (benji still rubbing my back) which i thought sucked but the midwife said that was better than she thought... she then broke my waters to try and progress things along. Then the contractions got more and more intense so about 2pm I said "tell me about the gas..." by about 3pm I said "whats the story with pethadine?" meanwhile Jemima's heartbeat is doing all sorts of weird things dipping up and down at one stage when they rolled me on my side it dipped ALOT a scary lot a scary enough for a couple more midwives a lot so we started to wonder what was going on....
    The pain was mainly in my back so after being told i still had a long way to go I asked for an epidural (i am so glad i did) that was 4pm (benji exhausted but still rubbing my back) as I remember getting told it would take at least 30mins..... the epidural guy was a weird russian dude that talked to much i have no idea what he said but it worked, i couldnt feel a thing but Jemima's heartbeat kept going UP and DOWN and up up up and down down down which we made a lighter point by saying when it was over 150 it was a girl and under it was a boy.... noone had any idea what was happening.
    By 7pm they phoned the OBS (which was not my normal guy it was his stand in that I did not like - she ended up being good though) they came back and said when she got here she would most likely recommend a c-section and that I should get used to the idea, so I did, I wanted my baby out and alive!
    By 7.30 my parents were in the building i had rung them at 6.30 and told them to come in anyway even though baby was a while away so by 7.30 i was ringing them again saying i need you now they are going to cut the baby out
    At 7.30 they were there for a couple of minutes and then they wheeled me away.
    I have never been more scared in my whole entire life, I was so frightened something would go wrong with my baby, i mean we had the perfect baby belly buddy thread what are the chances all 7/8 of us had perfect babies??? this is what was going through my mind....
    the feeling of a c-section is so so weird quite an experience but in a way i feel cheated i dont know what it feels like to give birth "naturally" feeling like someone big and fat is jumping on top of you may feel better than trying to push watermelon out, I may never know.

The cord was wrapped around her neck twice, if i had tried to deliver naturally i dread to think what may have happened.

they said she was a girl and I got a quick peek (benji got to peak when they were pulling her out) and I said she was my little Jemima, then I checked with benji if that he was still ok with the name...
    They took her away (i was already a little prepared for this as when they broke my waters there was meconium in it and they had said she would need to be checked straight away and then of course more so with c-section and cord problems)

Benji got to cut the cord closer to her belly and then i got to hold her all wraped up and so all i got to see was her perfect little face but it sealed the deal on calling her Jemima Alice she is so pretty, beautiful eyelashes and really long hair and fingers (i saw those after)

Benji and Jemima then left to be cleaned up while they were sewing me up.
    While they were sewing me up they saw a mole on my belly that had been bothering me and the Obs offered to remove it - this was very exciting as I knew it had to go so I said YES (it now hurts more than the other wound!) so that was cool.....

In recovery I wanted to know the stats, when they said she was 57cm long I was like "yes!!" as sister in law's baby was 56cm heheehe if anything though this is going to make buying clothes and one day for the poor thing shoes more difficult! I guess she is going to take after her father who is 6 foot 4!

Benji looked so cool dressed up as a scrubs doctor, we have a whole heaps of photos of "Dr Wylie" I cry when I think about everything as it was so perfect in the end but I am still confused about how i feel about a lot of it.

Jemima is on day 5 right now and so far perfect, I am still waiting for an unsettled time that lasts more than 2 minutes, I am still waiting for her to do anything 'wrong' she has been so placid and relaxed and so so pretty, Benji and I have truely been blessed to have her!

I am very very sore and made it a little worse getting her out of the back of my beetle so benji will have to do that until i am healed and not being able to drive etc for 6 weeks is going to annoy me because of the last couple of weeks when my feet were so swollen i couldnt drive.

My room was so nice and had an awesome view so Jemima and I could just sit back and relax looking at the city and the story bridge it was perfect and private.
    I had some interesting midwives in the hospital I really hated some of them, i've decided 2 out of 3 midwifes are bitc*hes the couple of nice ones i had though really reassured me i was doing the right thing.

She feeds incredibly well she sculls it down, which suits me fine no stuffing around! Her discharge weight today was more than her birth weight which is apparently very rare she only lost 120grams on day 3 and put it all back on and more in the last 2 days. Midwives said I was a good cow... nice.

I cant believe how the milk goes everywhere though! Poor Jemima gets it all over her face! Or today i was trying to put my nickers on and i was beant over so my milk was spraying on my nickers!!! geez louise!!!

when i got home benji had made a sign that says "welcome home jemima and kelly love benji, clyde, kingston and felicty"

how is everyone else going???
    Michele congrats on Isabella
    Nat congrats on Beau

all these stories of nipples in despair are scaring me just a little!!! and sleepless nights are scary too so far Jemima wakes up at 12, 3/4 and then 7 which suits me fine we go to bed about 10.30 will see what she is like at home........

Oh Kel!
    Congratulatons and thanks for your story!
    You shouldn't feel bad about your labour - the main objective of labour is to give birth to your baby - and you did that perfectly! Good on you!! None of what happened was not needed and you are a legend for listening to the obs and midwives and getting through it all so well. You're so blessed to have your gorgeous little girl - it feels so nice doesn't it??

CONGRATULATIONS again and good on Benji for being so wonderful and rubbing your back the whole time! Nice work Wylies and welcome little Jemima!

Nat - I have been so busy I missed the birth of Beau - congratulations to you too!!!! HOOOORRAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast