Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007

hi girls im tommygirl and i had my bub Jonah last wed the 21st feb.

i would love to pop on and get to know the girls from the other half of the feb thread.
    i dont know how often i will get on now though.

Jonah is doing great im bottle feeding as again like when i had my 1st son (who is 6 now)
    i have no milk what so ever....weird hay.
    so Jonah is packing on the weight very nicely. feeding every 3.5 hours and sleeping heaps.
    he gets alittle more unsettled from the 1am to 4am mark...great time to get unsettled hay.
    well i better scoot off and do some washing im only having 6 weeks off as i have my own hairdressing business and i work from home so im making the most of my free time.
    the other feb girls will tell you im a bit nuts i worked the day bfore my c section and i was still doing the school run for my 1st DS the day before too.......im crazy.

take it easy girls and i hope i can help in anyway i can.
    looking forward to sharing experiences
    with love TG

Default Hello!

Hi Everyone!
    I have another little girl to bring to the group! I gave birth to Charlotte Daisy on Monday 12th Feb at 3.55pm, weighing 3.3kg (7pd 5), 53cm long. My waters broke by itself, but not much happened, so I was induced. Well, Charlotte was quite comfy in her posterior position, and her heartrate was going down with each contraction, so she was vaccuumed out. That left me with an episiotomy, a tear and a million stitches, but it was all worth it! Charlotte is absolutely gorgeous (even if I say so myself) and is feeding like a champion! In the first few days, Charlotte was sucking so hard and I was trying to get her to latch on properly, so I ended up with the sorest nipples (grazes, scabs, blood blisters, the works), but as soon as my milk came in, they healed up (thank goodness). Yes, my nipples are still tender, but I think they are still getting used to the whole breastfeeding thing. I think she is putting on weight, cause she feels heavier, but I'll find out for sure on Thursday when I go to see the Community Nurse.

All I can say is so far so good, and it has been good to read about how everyone is working through the same sort of issues such as sleep and breatfeeding.

Take care!
    Love Jess and Charlotte.

Oh, and by the way, I bought a Phil and Ted's pram on the weekend. It's perfect for a smaller car, it folds down really small and it has really good toddler seat options for later on down the track when number two comes along!
    Cheers,
    Jess.

Hi Jess
    Congratulations, I love my phil and teds - Quinn likes to sleep in the cocoon

I went to see MCHN today - she showed me a few attachment things but still thinks I should go to the hospitla breastfeeding clinic, so I will make an appointment for that asap. I have my first mother's group today too - looking forward to that actually - I wasn't looking forward to it yesterday but I'm feeling way better than yesterday when I had engorgement and painful hot boobs and I was exhausted.

Anyway Quinn has put on another gms! Giant monster boy! He is doing really well, the only issue we seem to have is my dodgy nipples! Best I get that sorted!

Hope everyone else is well and there are no cracked bleedy nasty hurty nipples around! ( I got recommended to buy "other Mates" so I got some and haven't used them yet but am going to today...they are like silicone breastpad things that assist the healing of cracks etc!)
    I'll let you all know how they go!

1 handed typing is another learning curve i've been touch typing since i was 7!

Jemima wants to feed all the time!!! whats with that??
    is she not getting enough?
    i've just had to feed her at 1,2,3.30, 4,5,6,8 and now 9!!!

going to clinic on fri so will ask them then

moooo

Hi girls, just showing my face in here! Congratulations all the February babies, you're in fab company as Liebling is now with you!

Kel, I've just had a day like that with my laddie, he's been on a feeding frenzy this morning! Have you been fully draining each breast, the fatty stuff at the end apparently makes them sleep more. Ha, didn't work for us today! I can't get the hang of one-handed either, have to wait until Liebling goes down for a nap at the moment.

Kirsten, I have sore nipples too. I'm going to get DH to look after Liebs tonight so I can have a hot bath as that seems to help a bit, even if I leak like mad when I get out. Are you expressing at all to relieve the pain?

Jess, I had a similar thing with the birth... induced and ended up with a vacuum and loads of bruising and pain! My induction started on the 12th too, maybe that's a date to avoid in the future.

Hi TG - I've been half-following the other Feb girls so I know who you are! Well, vaguely. The 21st is a fab date, that's my birthday too. Shame I was in hospital for it!

No more personals as you're all on another page. Sorry!

Well, I'm back and starting to relax a bit now. Liebling has had a very unsettled day and just wanted food all the time, but is otherwise really good. Sleeps most days, awake in the evening to play with Daddy, pretty much sleeps through until 5-6am... sometimes wakes at 2-3am but then just wants a snack and a burp. I hope this continues, as I said, he's been a bit off today and was up 9.30-3.00, which was a bit draining on me here alone.

how do i know if i have fully drained one breast??
    Jemima sculls it down, overflows and goes to sleep or just doesnt want anymore and wants to sit up to let it all glug down into her belly
    sometimes she wants a nappy change or quick nap and then she wants more... i usually then just offer her the other boob unless the original boob is hard or heaps heavy...
    i cant wait to go to clinic and ask them.... dont want my afternoons to be full of hourly feeds....???.....
    Benji said she laughed today.... they are now asleep on the couch together very cute.

Firstbump Guest

Hi everyone.

Hope you and your wonderful bubs are all doing really well.
    Just starting to feel as though i have regained some semblance of an existence. Beau is sleeping much better now. He has had a heap of wind despite all efforts to burp it up. We're slowly getting better at it.

I can't quiet get the hang of this one handed typing.....

Can someone tellme how i paste a link into my signature under Beau's name rather than having a whole web address appear. I can't seem to get it to work.

spiddles Guest

Can't believe Tenny is a month old today!!! Where has the time gone!!Has had his 4 week check up and is healthy as.

Kelly - I do the same as you...feed off the heavy one...When finished...burp and nappy change then offer the other. It seems to work. He has put on 1kg over birthweight in a month. So is 4.5kg. Probably isn't even Quinn's birthweight yet *lol* Is so hard when breastfeeding to know if they are getting enough. I always seem to worry about that. Usually at 2 weeks they have a growth spurt so thats why she is probably feeding more. She is such a cutie!!

Ryn - Congrats on the birth of Samual!! I don't think I had a chance!!

Lisa - I hope everything works out well with Harrison's TT. Must be so frustrating.

Welcome to all the new faces!! Hope everyone is well!!

Hey everyone,
    I thought it should be about time i get my lazy self back in here and discussing things.

I had a boy on wed 21st and he weighed 11lbs 2 ounces! just over 5 kilo's, my gosh we were shocked, labour went well i had frequent contractions in the am then they completley died off when went to hospital but was 5 cms dilated, so they broke my waters then 1hr 24mins later out came lil William, didnt have any time for pain reliefe so was pretty proud of myself.

trying to breast feed but i really hate it, he is feeding every 3-4hrs at night but 2hrly during the day, boobs have calmed down since the milk came in but my left one keeps getting sharp stabbing pains through it, specially when its full dunno if thats normal? I never stuck with breastfeeding with the other 2 coz of things that happened. I really hope it eases soon so I can try to enjoy it this time around.

look forward to chatting to you all
    Lesley

*yawn*
    Hello everyone!

Whew how exhausting is this job!?
    Quinn decided last night was going to be awake night, DP and I took it turns trying to settle him from about quarter to 4 - I finally got him to sleep with me on the couch at 6 am and then he slept till 10! Of course I had to get up to express at about 8:30 so there would be food for him when he woke up!

Went to MCHN yesterday and first mothers group! Quinn has put on another 630gms! He now weighs 4950 - so he has put on about the same amount as Tennis (I still love that Liam calls him that! - it's so cute!)

Mothers group was good too - there are 7 of us in the group and the others all seem very nice....and tired too

Ryn: I am expressing almost exclusively because of the nipple issues. I am going to a breastfeeding clinic on 9th March so hopefully they can help me a bit. I have a go on one boob every day - but one is very damaged and just too painful to directly feed from.

Lesley: I think that's how it feels when the breast is full - like a needle in your nipple? I get that when that breast is full - although I have had some problems with blocked ducts and almost mastitis so in my case it could be left over pains from that! Good on you for having such a big baby! Aren't the big ones beautiful? Then again the little ones are beautiful too!! They're all beautiful! THe little ones are easier on your back!

Kel - it is hard to tell when they;ve had enough - I went from feeding Quinn from both breasts to only one and he seemed to sleep longer then because he got all the fatty sleepy milk at the end, they say that the start of breastmilk is like a drink and then second half is like the meal...and what fills them up.

Time to go express again - I'm leaking everywhere!

Hope all is well!

Hi everyone, Hi new mums and bubs, hi ryn - glad you made it here! How hard is it to find time to play on here these days!!!
    No more one hand typing for me. Chloe is sleeping in the baby bjorn (no sleep at this time of day in her cot - its impossible!)
    Today we had lunch with Chloes greatnanna - she is 88 and so excited to get play time with her 8th greatgrandchild as she lives in the country and was in melbs for the day for an appt. Chloe stayed awake the whole time. It was almost like she knew she was the centre of attention for the new faces.
    We haven't started mum's group yet. B/c I changes health centres we have to wait til the 22nd March, so I reckon Chloe will be the oldest there.

I better go and organise the dinner while my cherub sleeps..... preprepared dinner - thats a new one for me since motherhood!

BYE all

Hi everyone and welcome to all the new Mummys and Bubbas

Just a quick one tonight.
    Everything with Harrison is good... I am still in pain while feeding but I am getting through it... I am sooooo looking forward to Harrisons tongue snip!!! We're getting the referral on Friday... then it is just a matter of going to Newcastle.

I have been sooooooo busy with James and Madeleine, Harrison and now my Mum is home, so I am helping to look after her and help her out. She has bad vision in the eye which socket was broken... and she is still in a lot of pain... she is starting to get depressed about her looks too as she has had a lot of surgery etc so isn't looking herself... but it has only been 11 days, there are still internal bruises and lots of swelling... I am trying to arrange a councellor to go and see her so she has someone to talk to without the fear of scaring or upsetting them, which I know is what she thinks she will do if she tells us how she really feels.

I will come back asap and do personals.
    Hugs to all

Kel, if my breast has no hardness in whatsoever then I class it as empty. DS likes feeding to sleep, but wakes up if I take him off when he starts to doze, so it takes about 40 mins to drain a breast. We do both sides every feed with a nappy change and a burp. I've just had enough time for my breakfast and gettung dressed today so far; Liebling was up at 7, feedung, nappy, burping and dressing took 2 hours then he's back feeding at 10!

Right, one handed typing means I lose my text so have to start again!

Nat, winding is our problem as Liebling hates it. It's easier just to sit him up for half an hour until he burps alone than try to wake him and pat his back.

Kylie, happy one month bday to Tennis and thanks for the congratulations.

Lesley, I have been told BFing takes six weeks to really get; everyone else I see has beautiful feeders but we have a playtime so I'm dreading feeding in public.

Kirsten, glad I'm not the only tired one! I wish my DH would help more at nights, but he has only just moved back in and is still sleeping in the nursery, but did say well done t me this morning as Liebling only woke him once. DH is just fussy about sleep, nothing bad has happened, but it does just show a girl can't sleep with two men she loves at once!

Brooke, you have such a good idea... sadly, Liebling hated going in the baby björn so I'm back to feeding him!

Lisa, I really hope your mum is better soon.

OK, me... well, just a bit tired. Liebling is a bit heavy! He only woke up once last night but I couldn't get him back down again so was up for over an hour. I wish DH would do more at night! Still, it's not too bad and does stop engorgement. I finally have acleavage too! Libling loves sticking his fist in it when feeding, but it's still a bit too hairy to show off. Is anyone else doing cloth nappies and how are you finding them?

Hi guys

Well, as far as breastfeeding goes, I have failed! After my initial success after getting help, things went downhill. Isabella would attach correctly then change her position and would no longer be attached correctly. Breaking the suction hurt, no matter how I did it, then she'd get upset (as would I) as we'd have trouble getting her back on. I ended up losing it and told DH I couldn't take the pain anymore. He told me he would have given up long before I did, based on my description of the pain.

So now she's on formula. I felt really bad, but as DH pointed out, my other DD was on formula after two weeks as well, but is rarely sick. She had one day off school last year, so she's pretty healthy. I also had a lot more milk this time around, and I've been expressing once or twice a day to keep that going. My milk has almost run out though - I can feel it. I do feel sad about putting her on formula, but I am feeling so much better physically, and it's nice not to dread a feed like I was - especially as she's soooo hungry at the moment!

Will do personals later as Bella's awake and wants some attention!

Hi all
    Ryn - I can really sympathise with the constant feedings atm.
    Griffen loves to feed continuously in the late afternoons into the night. I find that if I dont have a whole 600ml bottle of water on hand every feeding and make sure i drink the lot of it,, then i start running low on supply of milk in the later parts of the day,, so i have 5 of those bottles sitting in my fridge and just have to remember to keep refilling them.

Michelle - dont be too hard on yourself for changing to formula hun,,,, afterall,, a happy mum leads to happy bub,, and that is what matters most

Lisa - i really hope your mum heals quickly soon,,,,,, she has been through such an ordeal!! and best of luck with Newcastle for little Harrison, fingers crossed the waiting lists arent going to be long.

Brooke - great about Chloe being such a little princess for her grandnanna!! also great she loves the baby bjorn too. I havent got a sling to use this time,, i have however bought a fisher price baby swing,, still to use it yet,, but hoping little Griffen likes it

Kirsten - 9th march is a fair way off to have to wait with nipple and feeding issues
    i will have all my fingers crossed that the clinic gives you the answers you need to mend those nipples and be able to feed your little Quinn

Lesley - Congrats on the birth of William hun,,,,it really sounds like you did a great job!!

Spiddles - Congrats on the 1 month mark for little Tennyson!!

To all you other mums,,, ,,, it is really late,, and there are so many posts,, but I will try and get to everyone next time,
    Love Lil

spiddles Guest

Michelle and Kirsten - You poor things!!! I know what its like and it sucks. Liam did the same as Bella and everytime would try and get him on would make a sound like a cricket by flicking his tounge back ) was a cute sound) I got frustrated. He was frustrated. I would be in tears and he would be screaming!!! I didn't end up going straight to fomula I ended up expressing every feed for 3 months then gave up as was going back to work and he was already cutting teeth!! Expressing was so mentally and physically draining. It felt like all you do is sterilise and pump. I was like can't go to bed yet..gotta get next feed ready. Can't go to bed gotta sterilise pump and put it beside the bed so when he finishes can start again. Can't go back to bed gotta sterilise!!. I hope Kirsten, it's not exhausting you as bad as what it did with me. When I went to formula, I didn't feel like a failure and neither should you Michelle. You did your best and what is right for you and your baby and Bella managed to get milk from you in the beginning which is most important

Speaking of backs and Babies...Doe'n't help when a 2 and a half who weighs 17 kgs jumps on your back when laying on your belly on the rug yelling "Pony Ride Mummy" I so need to go to the chiro can hardly walk!!

Prison break is on....will be back later for moe personals!!

Hi all.

A good night last night - I took Quinn to the Chiro yesterday and he had some issues in his back so they were fixed ap and last night he was really good slept for 6 1/2 hours then 3 1/2 and is now asleep again and I just got back from having him checked at the chiro again and he didn;t even wake up during the whole thing. YAY!

Ryn: Poor you having to do the nights on your own - my DH does at least one of the wake ups and if I am really exhausted he will do all of them! He seems to finction ok on not much sleep. I am doing cloth nappies only. Finding it no problem at all - I have some disposables that someone bought me but haven't used even one - I think Quinn will grow out of them before I open them.

Kylie: I have my moments with the whole cow routine - milking and sterilising and milking and getting up to milk then getting up to feed Quinn - expressing is not the best, but it's the best i can do right now - but I'm glad you know what it's like- It is way more exhausting than feeding!

Brooke: Why did you change health centres? Did you move?

Lil: Unfortunately that's the next clinic that has available places I am on the waiting list for next Tuesday...hopefully it is worth the wait and I get these issues sorted out!

Michelle: Don't feel bad about going to formula - you did your best and Isabella got all of the good stuff at the start

Lisa: Hopefully a counsellor can help your mum, poor thing has been through a pretty big ordeal and it's not surprising that she is feeling terrible about her looks - what a good daughter you are helping her out when you are so busy with your own family and a new baby too.

Quinn is one month today - GROWING UP TOO FAST!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast