Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born from Jan 2002 - December 2003

Michelle I love the ikea beds & DH & I are headed out there Friday arvo!

=P~ Ikea.... I love that place and suffered withdrawals when we moved from the south side of Brisbane to Caboolture and then to the Coast. They do have the cutest little beds and stuff. I really like their toy storage ideas and am thinking of heading down there to do some Christmas shopping some time.

It's a bit of a dark and gloomy day on the Coast, so no beach today (sorry kids!)

We dont have Ikea here, rumours are one is coming though.

Kameron goes in for his 4yr old injections today, after Lachlan has his finger re-dressed, so going to be a fun time between 2pm and 3pm this afternoon.

Love

kathryn Ikea open here next Spring it is up by the airport.

Well I still wont be going then, not travelling 45mins to get there.

Kameron did awesomely well at his injections today, no tears, no whining, and no flinching. Didn't bother him one little bit and he had 2 !! So very proud of him, he has never cried at any injections

Love

Kathryn I had to smile when you said you won't drive 45 mins, it took me an hr and 10 mins to get to Ikea, and all the bb meetups take me bt 1 and 1 and a 1/4 hrs to get to. I can guarentee you that if you did drive there you wouldn't be disappointed. Actually whenever we go anywhere we are in the car for mostly 30mins. Glad all the drs stuff ended up all well, and hope lachaln's finger is almost better.

Hi Michelle how's things at your place?

Christine- bummer no beach, it was lovely herre today, but we have no beach so same here!

Christy have fun with Ikea! Matilda will love it too I bet!

Arron is going fishing tonight and I am ebaying when the kids go to bed, although I will prob feel too tired. I am going to be trying to locate a party plan for me to do next yr, I need some pocket money! Anyone have any suggestions of a party plan they have to buy everytime? I was thinking linen.

Anyway have a good one
    Michelle

What about selling Avon Michelle ?? I normally can't resist an avon catalouge LMAO.

Our 45 mins in the car would probably get us further than your 45 mins in the car too

Love

Kathryn you're probably right too, my closest big shopping centre is 30mins away, which is where I used to live bf we moved to Kilmore. Kilmore is a country town but not too tiny, we have about 3000-4000 people I think, a prim and catholic prim school and 2 private high schools, plus the hospital is here as is the main police station for this area. AND Coles which stays open till 12am. Also 3 pubs, a racecourse and 2 other supermarkets, 3 banks and lots of other shops. So we are not true country as some outback sort of towns! But Kilmore is horse country! I had thought once about Avon but I have an Avon lady and there are abuot 4 in Kilmore so prob no good. I have been googling party plan australia and come up with heaps of things. I am thinking somthing along the lines of scrapbooking would be good and one compan actualy doesn't restrict you to just selling their product which would be good cos I could also sell mum'
    s stuff at the same time. I also found one which is really cool houseware, very colourful and some good incentives for hosts as well. Not too highly priced items either. And there is a toy one but I am worried that toys are a little seasonal ie no one would be interested pre xmas or prob until past mid yr iykwim. Such a lot to think about. I would love to earn money that's all, I think it is so hard to just stay home and not have money, esp wen I always did!

Anyway I am still researching just thought I would pop on and see what was going on
    Cheers michelle

Hi everyone... my little man's birthday today so it's all things "Zeke" today. FIrst stop, Old Macdonald's farm and a jumping castle conveniently set up down at the local supermarket opening celebration. Better get in early, hey!

Ta ta for now.

Happy 3rd bday Zeke! Hope you have a fun filled day, and you too Christine, scary ho kids grow up so fast isn't it.

Well we had no little aths today and the twilight meet was a wash out, ****ed down raining and then the track was saturated and too wet to run on. Mum called at 9am and asked me to drive the ute to the pavers place to help collect the pavers they need for their garden, the place shuts at 12, so lucky I went cos she did 3 trips and I did 2 and just made it back by 12. I raced home and Arron raced out to work. We are going to see my nana for her 75th bday this arvo and then have to try find a babysitter for tonight so we can go have a drink with friends who are down from QLD. Looking forward to a less hectic day tomorrow.

Have a good one
    Michelle

I hope Zeke ended up having a great day Misty!!

Not a great deal happening in the Kameron world of late. We had lunch box practice tonight as he couldn't open his lunch box at Kindy the other day. Speaking of Kindy he had a really good day and was fine to leave me without clinging to the leg for 20mins. i think I discovered why too. Just about every Friday we have been turning up dead on 9am and there has been quite a few ppl there already. Last Friday we were 10 mins early and there was only 1 other child. So I think he might be a bit anxious walking into a room full of people. I said to him last week "sit down and play lego and wait for Thomas to arrive, and I am going to Playgroup" so he went off. Usually he would be hugging my leg. So I think i have cracked it. We will see this Friday.

Only this Friday and next Friday to go and we are done for the year.

Love

That is great news Kathryn about Kam going into Kinder well. It's sort of a bummer really cos he just gets comfy and then it's holidays.

I have to take Jemma for orientation for 3 yo kinder on the 10th, I stay though and it's for an hr and then she goes next yr 1 day a week for 3 hrs, so not long at all. but prob way long for Jemma cos I can see her being a problem. She cries when i leave her with Arron and take the kids to school. I refuse to take her though cos it just makes it worse.

The santa pic is done, kids were off school monday so went to the shops and got to santa and nobody was there. And as expected jemma freaked, she was holding me so tight she almost bruised me, but to the santa's credit, he told her it was ok to be scared and set it up so she was way away from him on the arm of the chair. In the pic you can see the tears, but I am happy with it cos it is definitely the way it was LOL

We were out till almost 4am on Sunday morning and I don't think I have still caught up on sleep, yet here I am on here, makes sense doesn't it? I am shopping on friday, am picking up my first xmas layby! The first of many, it only has about 4 things on it, so lots more to come yet.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone
    Michelle

Your 3 yr old kinder sounds like our pre-entry, but our pre-entry only goes for 2 hrs one day a week and only 10wks not a whole year.

I have done all my boys shopping, Kameron still isn't really getting the whole Santa thing yet. He knows who Santa is, he knows what presents are, he knows what a Xmas tree is, but hasn't put the whole Santa leaves presents under the christmas tree aspect. I was saying to mum today, "by the time it clicks he will be told it isn't real anyway" lol.

We saw Santa at the shops on Sunday but Kam wasn't keen on doing the photographs. I didn't want them done anyway as the boys looked daggy, so I think it might be a hassle to get both the boys to have their pic done this year. Will see how we go next week.

But yeah as I said I have done all my boys shopping. I have Lachlan's present from Kameron coming, and we still have to buy parents/ils presents, my nephews x 2 and a couple of friends..... I better make a list LOL.

Love

Gosh it's very quiet!

I thought I mustn't have changed forums for Dec but no, people are just busy by the look of it.

Kathryn- hope you do get the santa pic, it's sad really cos won't be long and they'll be too cool for santa.

I had a horrible ordeal yesterday arvo, there was an accident 20 metres from our house and I was on the scene within a min, I won't go into full detail, it exhausts me thinking about it, you can look in the vic members thread for the long version if you like. The short version is an F100 with a trailer tboned a small passenger car, passenger car pulled out from a street in front of the other, The driver was bleeding from the head and unconcious when I arrived and a lady was stuck in the back seat. I took over for a distraught friend who was travelling behind them and finished the 000 call. It wasn't a good place to be. The driver ended up being removed from the vehicle, the helicoptor landed in the middle of the rd, but he died bf they could airlift him. I was totally exhausted last night but am hoping that I do not have flashbacks and d reams tonight. I was planning on walking and was thinking of avoiding that street tonight but I probably should go that way just to stop being silly.

Anyway Jemma has given her dummies away, we gave them to the man at the xmas tree farm and she hasn't had a dummy now for 5 days. She thinks sh is such a big girl.

Will catch up after, Arron is out fishing and I am here with the kids, oh what fun!lLOL

Yes it is quiet isn't it. You'd think it would be a bit busier since there is an extra year in here LOL.

Well i can't be on for long we have electrical storms inbound. Andrew has headed out and I am home with the kids, as I didn't want two feral children tomorrow having been woken up so mummy and daddy can go storm chasing LOL.

Kameron has his last day of pre-entry this Friday. One of the teachers mentioned it today at playgroup and I said "please don't remind me" LOL. My baby is growing up

Eeek @ the accident Michelle. My MIL was first on scene when a motorbike rider lost control and decapitated himself on a fence right in front of their house. She dealt with it okay as she used to work in a hospital.

Anyway best be off can hear the thunder now.

Love

Hi kathryn
    what a bugger you miss out on the storm chasing, what exactly does a storm chase involve? It's so unfair how quickly time moves isn't it, one min you give birth the next they're in Kinder. It is ****ing down rain and thunder and lightning here too but I am online, I am trying to hurry up and finish, bit dangerous hey?

Oh well gotta get Jess' needles and go to the shops tomorrowlOL what a surprise that is

ee ya

What storm chasing involves.... well basically we watch weather models/radars etc to see where the storms are going to be. If they are going to be over Adelaide Metro we usually just goto 1 of the two lookouts we use with all the camera gear, or if they are going to be up north a bit or in the northeast we load the car up with food, kids and camera gear and head into the district to sit and wait for the storms to arrive. If they have passed over head and are still prettu active lightning wise, we will get in the car and follow them

Kameron has finished pre-entry now, so it is 6wks and 3 days till he starts full time Kindy which means it is only 58wks till he starts full time school OMG 8-[ Looking forward to getting caught up in all the kindy stuff next year with things they do like multicultral days etc, they even did a xmas concert this year very cute !!

How is everyone else

Love

HI Kathryn- wow School doesn't sound that far away when you put it like that. I just realised that the commonwealth games means a 6 wk term in term 1 for our kids and that the other 34 weeks have to be spread bt 3 terms. Let me tell you the kids will be buggered then. Storm chasing sounds fun, a bit harder once the kids came along I bet. I bet you have some terrific pics too.

I took Jemma to her 3 yo kinder orientation today, just an hr today. They start beg of Feb and it's 3hrs/ one day a week, for the whole yr. She will love it once it starts, she made me take a lunchbox and bag and everything. The grp of mums seems nice too so it should be a good year.

Jessica and I have both been sick, I have ear nose and throat and She has the same but with the gooey eyes. She had 4 inj last week and couldn't even walk that afternoon, I just felt awful for her, and I realised thast she has to have the chicken poxs at 18mths, which is only 3 months away.

I have started picking up xmas laybys and still have loads to do, I am going shopping tomorrow hopefully I can knock quite a few off then.

Anyway must fly
    Michelle

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast