Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

A v quick post from me...... I'm around just super busy atm! Lucie is sick and Henry and Ned are just getting over a chronic cough. Massive sympathy to all those who have had recent hospital trips....nothing scarier than a sick child I reckon.

Ella - Hi! With BF it depends on your body really when AF returns. With Ned I didn't get AF until he was about 20 months old and promptly fell pg very quickly again. I have had literally 4 AFS in the past 5 years because of pg and BF. Can't complain about that!

Gypsy - good luck at sleep school. Try not to stress too much though. At this age they are still pretty use to only 1 sleep cycle and it's something they gradually learn. You're doing a fab job.

Runner - Ohhh sounds like a nice morning, I'm v jealous!

.....H is stirring...sorry will try and BBL with more personals........

OMG! Have you noticed the due in January thread already! Like soniebon mentioned, this time last year our bubs were conceived and our pregnancies soon to be discovered. Boy, did that time go quickly!!

Soph/Orange: Thanks for the advice re AF, i'm going to make an appt to see my OB (who is also my gyno!) just to make sure everything is ok as i have endometriosis & PCO (polycystic ovary) (Ella is our miracle baby!)

Hey everyone hope weekends were good

hugs to all those who have been at the hospital... it must have been awful but glad that all are faring better now.

Arghhhh!!!!! Catnapping R seems to go through stages we r in a catnapping one atm and its almost impossible to even do washing oooops speaking of which i just remember theres a load in the washing machine i havent hung out yet.

R also grizzles now when we put him down, but he seems to be getting a little better at self settling.

well done runner and orange for weightloss no such luck here i keep wussing out on my walks as R is still waking up every 3 hrs at night still must get out there a walk will probably make me feel better.

must run and do something with that washing before it starts to smell

Getting out and about did wonders for me today - I didn't care whether Max slept or not. However, since we've been home is another story! I caved in and fed him to sleep at 4 and he seltp for about half an hour. Hasn't been asleep since, except for about 10 mins on DH lap. As Bon said, the worst thing is not being able to get anything done! In the morning I get on here for 10 mins, jump in the shower and then he's up again

Orange - Thanks for the PM! I think it was right about this time last year that Max was conceived. I found out for sure (I was already pretty certain though) that we were expecting on my sis's birthday on 13 May. You're right, the time has flown!

Runner - sounds like you had a lovely time yesterday. Good on you!

Hello!

Yes I have recovered from choking incident but still have not contacted company. Emily has been painful today. She fed at 6.30 am and then refused to feed for 9.30am. I had to go out so did not worry too much then while I was out she refused again to feed...then did a massive poo which went through all her clothes and made a BIG mess. I tried her on the other breast and she was fine. She was actually refusing the right breast and was very screamy. She refused to sleep in cot could not settle her as I normally would and she feel asleep in my arms. We then lay down and she slept cuddled next to me for an hour and a half and then woke up screaming. Again she refused right breast so I gave the left then sneakily took her across to right (so she was stll laying in position for left breast) and she fed well. Not sure why she was doing this it was like it was uncomfortable to be in the position for the right side. Odd. She has been sleeping in mine and DH's arms tonight. Hopefully she is happier for next feed.

Mir: I totally understand about the washing. It got too late for mine to be hung out and so I put it in the dryer (sorry environment!). Emily is a day cat napper. I don't really mind but it can be hard

orange: How amazing that it has nearly been a year since our conceptions. I remember it was a couple of days after mothers day. Exciting that others are starting their journey of pregnancies as we did.

She's awake..gotta go

Hi ladies,

sorry ive been MIA, Caleb has been sleeping so wonderfully that ive been getting back into my old favourite activities and just plain forgot about BB!!! It wasnt until Sonie sms'd me that i even remembered so thought i would pop in and update and read updates

Im happy to say that i have my lovely sweet little boy back, he gets up in the morning for about an hour and a half and sleeps for two hours and we repeat the process all day until bedtime when he sleeps all ngiht without waking (if he does wake its only once around 3-3.30am)
    We are off to NZ this weekend for Caleb to meet the family, very nervous, very excited. Apparantly i can only fill my bottles to 100mls on the plane which is ridiculous cos he feeds alot more than that!!!

to who ever mentioned periods (sorry cant remember) yep mine was a pain in the butt for the first one and im due for my 2nd one this week.

It was also a year ago next week that i found out i was pregnant, cant beleive it, how different life is now to a year ago, i remember taking that test, crying and crying, so happy and excited.... makes me a little sad its all over, but thrilled i have him in my arms now as im sure all of you would agree wiht me

Caleb is being dedicated at Church on Mothers day, how awesome is that!!!

Oh i also took Caleb to the chiro the other day and found that he couldnt rotate his head fully to the right and he couldnt put his right arm all the way up, it makes sense, we kept thinking he was gonna be a lefty cos he only used his left hand but now that he has full rotation he is using his right arm more.... it wouldve been from his birth as he was born with his right elbow up by his face (they were wondering how i didnt tear when he came out like that!)

well best be off, will try and come back for personals tomorrow

Our thread is so quiet these days.... we are all so busy!

Gypsy - sorry to hear you're having troubles with Max sleeping... (or not sleeping!!).... same here with Ava. Must be something to do with turning 12 weeks!!! Cos' lately she's been shocking and won't sleep much in the day....
    I can't get her to sleep longer than 30mins at a time.... she can't get into the 2nd sleep cycle... read this is common in babies her age anyway.
    Waking twice in the night for feeds around 130am and 430am.... so i'm buggered!!! And can't sleep during the day as Ava doesn't sleep... oh boy its tiring!! She was sleeping so well at one stage.... ah well, i'm sure this will pass.....

Hope you're all going great.... can't believe my little girl is 3mths old!!!!

Had mothers group today after the health clinic and it was really great chatting with other mum's over coffee. It's so nice to talk to others going through similar issues etc. We're going to meet up every Tues now.

Has anyone got a grobag yet?
    They come in different sizes we are thinking of getting the 6-18mth one but will it be way too big for Ava at this stage?? She's only little. But if we buy the 0-6mths one it will be outgrown very quickly!!! Any suggestions?? It won't be long before she won't be wrapped anymore....

hi everyone!! yes, a bit quiet in here, hope everyone is doing OK and hope to hear from more of you soon !

Renstar - I have a couple of sleeping bags already from Logan but I would probably go for the 6 months plus one, however, if you can find out the length of the smaller one it may be worth it for little Ava. I too, have to start thinking about putting Amara into a sleeping bag in about 3-4 weeks or when she is 4 months old.

I am so sorry Ava has not been sleeping enough, it is hard as it has already been 3 months of broken sleep and takes it toll on us, doesn't it? Who knows why they (babies) do this - but by 6 months things usually get into a good pattern and much longer at night...

What about taking her out for a walk in the pram if she does not settle again after a 30 min nap? At least this way you can get fresh air, exercise and she may just sleep again. I sometimes do this when Amara wakes way before her next feed.

I am finding Amara is getting unsettled from about 3pm - or 'the after school hours'...if hubby is home, it is much easier to get all things done - Logan settled, homework, playtime for him, afternoon snack, dinner.....

Today I am off for a swim - taking Amara to Daddy's workplace where there is an Olympic sized pool. Have not done 'laps' for about 6 weeks now and dying for a swim!

Hi all,
    Thats a bugger about sleeping, hospital and everything else. Fin is doing really well, He has a cold at the moment, I've never seen so much green snot come out of one person. I've found that he is more chucky at the moment and there secret chucks, so we don't realise untill there is spew every where. I'm hoping it is just related to the cold. The boy has woken up.

Till soon. Snoochie boochies.

Hiya,

not good to hear about those little ones with colds... yucky, poor little bubbas, hope they get better soon, must be hard to have a blocked nose when you really need it clear for being able to breathe while eating etc

Well we just got back from the Chiro (2nd visit) and put Caleb down for a nap, he slept 2 hours all by himself, had to go and wake him up for his feed. Apparantly he has the start of teething, which explains him being quite irritable, sticking anuything and everything in his mouth and chewing on his teats. Have got some Brauers teething relief and teething rings for him as well.

My mother in law arrives tomorrow morning from NZ to meet Caleb, very excited, i probably wont be on much as Im off to NZ on Saturday so will read everyones updates when i get back

Ava has been awake since 5am!!!!!! I'm so over today

Why won't she sleep?? I have tried everything that normally works but today she just doesn't want to sleep.... and not even feeding properly
    I was hoping to get some rest myself today but nope..... arrrghhhh..... I can't believe such a small little girl can be awake so long and be wide eyed and alert and happy?? she's happy to sit in her swing and playmat but if i put her to her cot and wrap her etc do all the things to settle her she cracks up!!!!!
    Or she'll lie awake for up to an hour on her own in her cot..... just looking around...

Tomorrow will be better day.....

Oh ive had days like that, drives ya crazy!!! have you tried wrapping her, putting her on her side and patting her back (quite firmly, not thumping her though) and saying "shhhh" over and over? if you can do this for up to 20mins i can almost garauntee you she will sleep, otherwise i dont know what else you can do, but if you do this and stick to it she should fall asleep, you just have to stick to it and not stop, even if she is crying... then once she is fully asleep (at the 20 min mark) you put her back onto her back.
    The idea is taht they cant hold 3 thoughts in their head at once, they cant focus on crying and the patting and the shhhing all at once so they stop crying and focus on the other two which actually sends them to sleep.

This is what i do, give it a shot and hope it works for you (ive seen it work for many many screaming babies)

Jo - Thanks hun. Thing is, she's not crying or screaming!!! she's happy today!!!! she just won't sleep.... WIDE EYED AWAKE little girl.....
    Did you get that from the baby whisperer? I'm still reading that book.... its good.

Well she did end up falling asleep, I fed her! She fell asleep after 5mins at the boob.... see how long it lasts though.... im not holding my breathe.... i need her to sleep longer than 20mins!!!!!!

It's only taken 11hours to get her to sleep Arrrghhhh!!!!

Ah Ren you have one stubborn girl on your hands!!!!!!1

Just a quick one for me - been at docs with H. He had blood in his pooh today Not sure what's going on as he's not constipated as he is BF. Sample with pathology. everything is ok.............

V quick one here as Max is talking loudly (almost crying!).

Ren, Ava sounds just like Max in terms of sleeping/ I've also been up twice the past 2 nights, and can't sleep during the day cos he's up.

Also, I bought a grobag, got the 6-18 month one. I also bought a couple of cheaper sleeping bags (from Target or Kmart or something I think) in size 00. I'm using them at the moment, but will probably move Max into the Grobag soonish as he is big for his age anyway so I don't think it'll be too big.

Talking has pretty much turned into a cry, so I better go!

Soph: Hope it is nothing serious and just a one-off....you must be very worried!! Hope you get the results back ASAP.

Ren: Not really sure what advice to give only that Ava is one stubborn little girl he he. One positive I suppose is that she is happy!! How did she end up sleeping this arvo?? Can you get to her sleep out with you for a couple of sleeps a day (in the pram or bassinet if you have one), especially when you are so exhausted? You've probably already tried this. Or, have you tried the relaxation music that you use in the car in her nursery? You have probably got advice/ideas coming at you from everywhere so will stop there....it can get a bit much hey! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Mel and Jo: Good to hear from you both! Jo, have a great holiday in NZ.

Runner: Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you enjoyed your swim today!

AFM: I don't personally use grobags or sleeping bags. I have bought Dash the new fleece Bonds onesies and I will continue to wrap him under the arms with his SwaddleMe during Winter until he can roll and move around the cot properly. Plenty warm enough. DD crawled at 5 months and there is no way she would have coped in a grobag and would have been frustrated when trying to move around the cot (which she could climb out of at 6 months he he)....that and she was a winter newborn (and wrapped) so I didn't bother with the expense of them. Dash is our last bub so I can't justify the expense. Hope you all enjoy your grobags though.

Another great day for us. I am so lucky and grateful that Dash is a carefree bub. It makes my 'job' a lot easier with a toddler. DD is still feeling the aftershock from the hospital visit. It has her quite traumatised and she has regressed a little bit. She is quite clingy and has now developed a few fears (including going to sleep because she woke up in hospi and I was out of the room)...all in a week! I will be patient and work through them one-by-one. God bless Dash for being happy and content. Today I had to put him down to deal with her and he just talked to himself etc without any fuss. Love my boy! DD is keeping me on my toes!! I only sat for about 20 minutes today. Tomorrow is another day I say!

Linda xx

Yay!!! DD has been asleep since 9:20am and its now 10:05am!!! That's longer than 20mins! (shouldnt' talk too soon tho LOL)..... we've been having so much trouble getting her to sleep longer than 20mins during the day! I like her to sleep 1hr at least!

Orange - thanks hun. Yeah the relaxation music helps sometimes in her room and we have a CD for in the car too. it sure helps! I'm heading out today to meet a friend for lunch and DD sleeps ok in her stroller thankgod!! otherwise i'd use the sling.

Gypsy - we just bought a grobag too! 6-18mth one too although DD is small so i think she'll have to grow a bit more first! she is nearly done with being swaddled i think.

Soph - gosh hope H is ok! Let us know how it went....thats not good at all!

Well I'm out to the shops soon to get some fresh air and some lunch with a friend. Yesterday with Ava not sleeping did my head in!!! DH got home at 630pm and got her to settle and into bed by 7pm!!!!
    I'm hoping this phase passes soon because up until this last week we had a good routine going!!!!!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast