Default Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born January 16th ~ 31st 2009

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    Nelle ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread is HERE

FIRST!! It's my first time at being first he he!!

Big hugs to Caleb....it does get better little man!!

Had a great time at the park this morning with some friends and their tots....it was a nice morning out with great company!

hello ladies! hope everyone is well. H just had his 8 week check. All good. He's got some dry skin and rash issues but have gp appt tomorrow for vax so will get it looked at then.

uh oh bbl ned up on kitchen bench...........

Soph, I often have to run off to retrieve Ben from the dog's water bowl

Orange, isn't it great to get out of the house so the little ones can run around and burn off some energy?

Jo, Jared has his shots today too. Didn't calm down until he had some booby juice. Ben was much better - a lot like Caleb. I'm afraid J's going to have his mum's fear of needles!

Runner, the gym doesn't have child minding and I probably wouldn't be able to leave the boys there anyway, I'm far too paranoid! My mum is taking the boys and my sisters' baby while we go. It would be a lot for anybody else to have three kids under two, but my mum is SO good at looking after them all it's crazy!

Us, well, as I mentioned we had Jared's shots an hour ago. He's settled now and might even be asleep, but it was still awful. I really hate the whole thing, but that might be because I hate needles myself. Ben's been a bit of a nightmare today, really sooky and clingy. He had a bit of a fever earlier today which I knocked on the head with some Nurofen so I hope that's the end of that. I'm thinking it might be his 2 year old molars starting to come through.

I think I might be in for a rough night

Have had a shyt of a day with nixon today...........
    he woke up at 2am,3am 4am then went back til 730 off n on............then he went down in 5 mins at 9am had an hours sleep then up,has been catnapping on n off all day n sooooooooo overtired,wants the dummy,then wont keep it in,wont feed much,then has a bit of a posset,not to mention our house sounds like the middle of a war zone with construction around us,he so tired wont even sleep in car and that normally knocks him off...he was like this the day after our trip up to the beach so i shouldve expected it today...hes down now with the dummy wedged lets see how long he down for.
    he had bit of runny poo so wondering if he a bit off color...hopefully 2nyt after his bath and a bit more food he go down as this is sooooo out of character for him...poor little man
    anyway im off,MIL babysitting whilst i go see the builders to start the house
    does anyone think maybe start of reflux??? or just out of sorts cos of long trip,same pattern as when we went up..i think i said that already
    Jo- dont be suprised i sms or ring u

Oh Bon sorry to hear of your unsettled boy! Has he just had his vax? If so I reckon that could be it. Can really get them out of whack.

Ah kinder morning and Henry has his vax too so busy busy........

Bon: Hope Nixon slept well last night and is back to his old self today.

Good luck Henry with your vax!! Be brave!!

AFM: We are going out to a morning tea that the midwives hold each couple of months for the girls on their team. Have been looking forward to it because I really want to thank everyone for getting me through the labour (the part I feared the most) with ease as I really didn't think I could do - you know the history. To top it off I have my last visit with the pychologist this arvo which will just top it all off! I did it!! Better get ready....it starts at 9am and we only just got up he he.

no vax's until tomorrow,he slept well last night but am thinking more that is reflux...had a bottle but threw it up even after ive winded him well and is still going beserk chomping dummy and wouldnt settle well this morning to sleep not on his side or with dummy which he normally asleep in minutes...hes fed better last nyt and today but im not 100% happy that hes ok,do you think i should see doc today or see if he settles down today and see the doc tomorrow morning when he sposed to have vax,if hes sick i wont be doing them...

Morning ladies!!!

Disgirl - how did your night go??

Oh no! I'm scared about getting Ava's shots next week!! I hope she isn't too unsettled....ouch needles.

Ava's photo shoot was brilliant!! We got some photos sent through to us and our friend did a WONDERFUL job!!! The CD is arriving today I think so we have heaps more photos. We're so impressed with them. Ava was so good she was alert for the first half of the session then had a feed and then was sleepy and fell asleep so got some great shots of her awake and asleep! Sooo cute. Might put one as my ticker pic soon.

Ava has been not sleeping much during the days lately and doesn't sleep until 8pm!! But once she goes down she is asleep from about 8pm or 9pm until 3 or 4am! So can't really complain.... just hard to get things done around the house during the day when she's awake all the time... she's asleep now so i'm catching up while I can! Yesterday I vacuumed, mopped the floors and tidied up the linen cupboard!!! I was so happy with myself!!! so productive for once!

For those of you who breastfeed.... don't you think it's adorable when they come off after a big feed and they have milk dribbling down their chin and they're so drunk!?! It's so cute! But not so cute when all of a sudden they vomit some up!! What a waste of milk.....

Ok better go read thru the posts to catch up!

runnermum - we applied for birth certificate & medicare card at the same time so no you don't need to wait to get the birth certificate before you can apply for the medicare card. Did your hossie give you the paperwork?

Ren - I loooove it when Sam finishes a feed and has milk all over his mouth/chin. So cute. Sam doesn't sleep as much during the day any more either, I think that is normal and also good because then they sleep better at night. Good luck with the needles next week.

Jo - big hugs for you.... and Caleb. Hope he isn't too unsettled. It's awful seeing the needle go in just knowing they will cry.

Bon - hope Nixon has a better day today. He's such a cutie, I was looking to your pics on fb yesterday. Sam was really unsettled for around 72hrs after his needles so if it was us I would leave till next week or something when he's not as out of sorts. I would still ask doc though. It's awful when they are unsettled isn't it. I guess it gets easier when they can tell you how they are feeling. Big Hugs for both of you.

Been so busy lately, lots of cleaning & packing. We move into our new house on 24 April - 2 days before Sam's christening. Oh well - we'll get there. My Mum is supermum so she'll be a good help. The owners of the place we bought have agree to allow us to store stuff in the garage until settlement so that will help ease the stress of settlement day.

Does anyone have a bathaid? We bought Sam one a few weeks ago and he looooves it! His little legs get going and he kicks and splashes and he even gets the arms going now. It also makes it easier to wash his hair, although it is a little hard on our backs. So cute, except we also had anoher first, yep first poo in the bath. Lucky it was towards the end anyway so I could lift him straight out. Eeewww. Funny tho

hi all
    better now,bit unsettled still.hes gone to bed no dummy no protesting,i think whatever he has has knocked him,hes thrown up a bit more than usual,he normally hardly does it,he just had 90ml so not pushing him too much,he had 150ml for brekky,we are off to docs at 4pm,he fell asleep b4 without dummy in 5 mins,,poor bugger is exhausted.
    mum might actually finish what she started today...
    bath aid-we got the blue seat one where they lay back in,he loves it,goes beserk,kicking around,then i take him off it and put on my arm face down and he kicks like a little frog,loves his bath.we gonna go swimming from 4-6 months onwards as i want him to enjoy water as i am not the best swimmer but love it and his dad dont swim at all.

Ren- cant wait to see Ava's photos,i have a few kids photography to do and we are about to get the business off the ground,we gonna do the shopping centre stuff..
    anyway i best be off and make the most omy my time whilst he asleep

dear lovely mummies,
    I Understand completely about all these sleeping issues - it is the thing we agonise about the most, isn't it? It can really knock you around and you feel like the day has gone by and nothing was achieved.

soniebon - i hope you are having a good day today - I am not looking forward to the 8 week vaccination either and the unsettleness - are you going to see a doctor about possible reflux? Sounds possible.

Ren - no sleep during the day is a killer as you say because you cannot get things done or relax (what does that mean ??). Ava is sleeping well at night - especialluy for a boobie baby! Amara is doing similar hours at night - 7.30pm/8pm to 2 or 3am.

Jo - how is the Zantac working for your bubba?? Amara seems Ok to me, but still chucking up and now some wind problems - despite taking something for that also.

hey, Look at my ticker - yes, got hubby to do it for me - at last!

Ren, we had an interesting night, but there's some good news for those who have not yet had their 8 week vax. Jared slept for a pb 7 hours after his needles!!!! To make the night interesting though, Ben was up with a bad fever for half the night. Poor little bugger looked like he'd jumped in a pool he was sweating so much. Was a bit scary for us all. It's his two year old molars alright. The worst teeth EVER! J has also been fine all day today so obviously the vax haven't affected him much yet. I hope it stays that way.

I joined the gym today! Felt fantastic to work up a sweat and get my heart racing again. I'm only going to go Tues and Thurs and sometimes on the weekend so hopefully it will be enough to help me lose my mummy tummy a bit. I don't really care about my weight so much as getting fit by the end of the year to TTC #3

Gotta go and attend to dinner Have a lovely night ladies

Edited to add: Love your ticker Runner!!!

We have had a busy couple of days here. Yesterday morning I decided to go in to work to show off Max. We have 2 offices and I was hoping to do them both in one day, but stayed too long at the first, so just drove home in order to beat peak hour traffic. Then today I went to the other office, but decided to take the train this time instead of driving, as I had to go into the middle of the city. Well, usually I find PT much less stressful than driving, but not this time . I had to hold Max cos I couldn't have his pram in front of me (cos of the way the seats worked), and he just wasn't happy being held for so long. That, plus I had to feed him on the train, which wasn't easy, and both times he pooed within about 20 mins of getting on (it's about a 50 min trip).

To top it all off, he didn't sleep for longer than 3.5-3 hours at a time last night, so I am exhausted form that as well!

Gotta go, DH has got dinner ready.

Talk about mothers intuition,heres me thinking im not maternal...apart from yukky nappy i knew something not right with my boy,he just sooooo outta sorts not funny,took him to docs today and he has a gastro virus,his tummys hard and the doc says that why the vomiting and the smelly nappy yesterday,hes a bit better today,had a big feed at 530pm,tried to give him one b4,he just had a top up and is out like a light,hes sooooo exhausted as he not been sleeping well,started to again today so i know hes on mend,hes had no bath tonight,havent changed his bum,did not long ago,just wrapped and straight to bed,no dummy no fussing,we arent getting his vaxinations til friday now as he needs a few days to get well....
    anyway im off to the couch,exhausted from being mum to my sick boy,even though he not well he still managed to charm his nana with big smiles and squeals....
    awwwwwwwww
    chat soon
    bon

Hello everyone,

I think Emily is asleep. I am sitting on the floor of her room and we are listening to rainforest relaxation music. I think she likes it (or was just too exhusted to stay awake). I went out last night for dinner with some friends and DH looked after her and despite his efforts she cried for most of the three hours I was out. He got her to sleep three times and she woke after 5mins each time. He was so over it when I got home and I just wrapped her and patted her and she feel asleep and stayed asleep. Poor DH but he got a taste of what it is like for me when she is really unsettled and then he comes home and settles her straight away. I was very thankful to him for looking after her and hope he is not put off it.

Not much else happening. EMily is also having immunisations on Thursday. Sounds like those that have had them have not been to stressful for them.

Anywya need to get off computer so no time for personals. Hope you are all well

hi ladies

sorry for not posting, just don't seem to have the time (i know, no excuse! )

Ella is doing well, putting on weight she's 5.93kg now - little chubba!! - i was worried my milk supply was dwindling as my boobs always seem to feel soft never rock hard like many women say they are - but my MCHN said that fact that Ella is nearly 6kgs is a clear indication that there is nothing wrong with my supply and that she feeds and gets exactly what she needs - so phew on that one

Runner/Ren: - your bubbas sound the same as Ella re the sleeping patterns, very little during the day, but 4-5hr stretches at night!

Bon: was it you that had GD? - have you been for your post natal GTT?

Thursday seems to be immunisation day for a lot us, im praying Ella is ok with it, i've only just got her into some kind of "routine" (and i use that word loosely!) so im not looking forward to the unsettledness

anyhoo glad to see everyone is doing ok with their bubs, how fast are they growing tho??!

Me-Lisa - I know how you feel about DH getting a taste of what it's like (see my post about Friday night). Although in my case it was a bit different cos I had ben out drinking (naughty mummy!).

Gill - my breasts are often soft these days too. I figure it's just cos our bodies have gotten used to how much and roughly when bubs is feeding, so we're no longer producing heaps more milk than is required.

I caught up with a friend from work yesterday who bubs was born on the same day as Max. He is so much bigger than her daughter! From memory, I think her measurements at 8 weeks are about what Max's were at 4 weeks! But, she was only 5lb15 when born, and Maxwas 7lb8, so I guess it's to be expected. Max was 5.695 on Friday's visit, so a little chubba himself.

Better go - I'm babysitting my one year old nephew this morning, so trying top quickly get a bit done while both boys are in bed, before Max wakes up for a feed. I have to go out at 11, so needed to fit in a shower. Lucky I managed it! I don't know how you ladies with 2 (or more) kids do it!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast