Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 1st ~15th 2009 #2

Hi All

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We have been busy house hunting... so over it!! Don't think I have mentioned it before, but we have been looking for about 4 months now.

DF has gone to Sydney for work (just left a couple of hours ago). He will be back tomorrow night, so just a short vist. H is snug in bed (and has been sleeping 8hrs plus for the past week or so - woooo hoooo). So I am enjoying a nice quiet night to myself

H has just started to hold his head up when he is on his tummy, it's soooo cute. He has also found his voice and has been doing the cutest little squeals of joy. OMG I am totally smitten!!

loving the pics I've seen on facebook, we all have such beautiful children and are very blessed!!
    I second that Deb. What a bunch of cuties!!!

What is everyone doing workwise? Going back to work? SAHM? Undecided? DF and I have decided that I will be a SAHM for a few years because we want to TTC again in a year or two (and we are lucky enough to be in a position to afford it). So I probably wont go back to work until H starts school. I am seriously thinking of studying part time though, just have to decide what I want to study ??!!

Hey Victoria

I've been a SAHM since Charlotte was born and won't be going back to work till at least Harley is in School...actually I'll prob be a housewife always since I don't actually like to work lol... I might be a bit weird, but I love my kids and love looking after my man, so that when he comes home, I've got things looked after for him...so when the kids are at school, I'll just keep the house clean...The work I really would like to do is working with horses but I got a few things holding me back...and not really worried if I never get to do it!
    I still wanna have a 3rd, but Rob isn't as keen, so will have to see how things are going in a couple of years.

Victoria ill continue being a SAHM til whenever...LOL.
    I plan on enrolling back into nursing in a few years....but ill see how im going childen wise then.

Deb - I don't think thats weird at all! I love being a SAHM and I think I could easily do it forever!!! Even once the kiddies are at school I would love to be able to spend my days with my horses - hehehe! I too would love to work with horses, unfortunately there is just not that many opportunities for it where I live. There is a 'Riding for the disabled' school near us and I am going to put my name down to do some volunteer work with them. I know how much joy my horses have brought me over the years and I would love the opportunity to help others have that same enjoyment.

Kim - Good on you for getting into nursing . We all know how important our nurses are. Unforunately I wouldn't have the stomach for it, I nearly passed out when my DF cut his finger (it didn't even need stitches). My aunt is a nurse and so is a close friend of mine and I have so much respect for the work they do!

For the VIC ladies....im not sure if your able to make it at all but theres a meet up this Saturday at Emerald Lakes: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/memb...ml#post1726304

Of course we all need to meet up as a group soon too!!!

Hello everyone..

Kim-glad you went okay with Zach needles and well done on doing it on your own..That's great hun..Not sure about the meet as I don't drive but looking forward to a group meet

Lilcosmo-I am going to be a SAHM until Ryley starts school..But I am considering finding some part time work so I get my butt into gear finding a place for us..

Steph-glad you found out about the bleeding..I am just going use the pill..I should have ask about the whooping cough needle when I saw my doctor yesterday..

Deb-I agree with you all our bubs are beautiful

Tash-welcome back..I also been diagnosed PND and on meds and I must say I feel much better..

Hello to puppies and everyone I missed..

AFM-Ryley is trying to talk so cute He is going well with sleeping wise..Last night was 7:30pm to 6am..Couldn't believe it. Lol. I finally got my letter for mothers group at my local MCHN centre and it starts April 15th..Can't wait..Ryley not holding his head up as yet But I guess because of his neck problems..Off to the chiro on Friday again for him..I am doing okay..Just have to get out more I guess..

Kirsten

First things first:

Kirsten WOW....thats amazing how long Ryley slept. Zachery went to bed at 940pm and woke at 830am. Yay for MG too, i hated mine but i hope you like yours. Zachery isnt holding his head up yet....im not to concerned, all my kids were lasy on their heads

Now AFM...Today Zachery had his needles. I was brave mummy and told daddy to wait in the waiting area just outside the nurses clinic and id go do it alone. First off i gave him the Roto Virus which he thought was a bottle and wanted to keep sucking down (bonus!). The Dr said lay him on the bed. Got his dacks off. Got his first jab, then a nurse came in and asked was ok and did she want her to stay and help..i said no id be fine....then he got the 2nd jab. Cried the smallest amount of time then was fine. There was another lady in the room with her DS and she came up and gave me a huge hug and said i was brave and she was proud of me!!!!! I walked out the clinic and was proud of me too

Got his tongue checked AGAIN...and the GP whom i trust with my life said he is sure that it will be fine, but come back in a month if im still concerned and he will snip it for me.

I was also prescribed sleeping pills for me.

Hey all,

FTM - Sorry to hear that you too have PND. But great that you have it diagnosed early and are on meds. I had some serious anxiety last week, which I was upset about as I haven't had that for some time. It took me most of Thursday to calm the attacks down, but am OK this week. I think that I felt under pressure too because I had my aunty over from England on the weekend. It stress me out, but I was very positive in my thinking and when things didn't go to plan I took myself off, vented privately and then thought very positive thoughts and stopped the negativity, and felt better ever since.

KIM - They do the needles at the same time at my clinic to try and minimise the distress on the kids. Judd was OK with them, but I think Riley has been the best.

AFM - Patrick has been a real handfull on no sleep, like all of us. As Riley has been keeping us all awake (except for Juddy thank god!). Took him back for a check up yesterday and a referal to the Royal Childrens to see if he needs his tonsils out. Will have to wait for their call on that appointment, but won't hold my breath!

Judd saw the surgical paediatrician on Friday, and all is fine with his hernia. Will fix itself with time. Need to do a lot of tummy time to strengthen his tummy muscles.

Have lost all of my baby weight now, and on the track to getting rid of the jelly belly by trying to loose more weight and finally keep it off this time as no more kids for me!

Judd still sleeping through now, thank god (another thank god - I'm thanking her a lot tonight hey!) Hope you're all well, keeping smiling!

Hey girls

Tash: I had the worst anxiety attack last night, I just panicked and took Rob to calm me down, then I was still feeling so sick and anxious and u know wat, I knew I had to do something that would give me good feelings and stuff, so we DTD, first off I said can I just kiss u, and see if that sends a good feeling thru me and it started to help... after that I was still a bit nauseas and had the worst headache but managed to finally fall asleep... My problems are all over the place, I stress over so much, I've been pretty good, but yesterday mum was taking me out and she gave me a time, so was pretty much ready but Harley had a real unsettled day so of course I was stressing...and then mum was nearly 2 hours late... so Charlotte never got her sleep and I was heaps tired from having broken sleep the night before...also my eating is all over the place, not eating right, so have started to have my brekky when Rob gets up and then have a set time for lunch, when both me and Charlotte have lunch... So hopefully this works... but yeh I felt so bad... my body literally felt like it was shutting down...I have this huge fear of death...
    Feel like I have a hangover this morning

BBL for personals as Harley is getting upset!!

I'm so jealous of those of you that are getting a sfull nights sleep. Larissa is going to bed at about 8 amd then up at 11.30, 4.30 and 7.30. I am shattered! Guess we just got lucky really on with her!! Had work again this morning and its going well. Theyre all really impressed with how fast I'm picking everything up. I've done 4 shifts in total and I'm way ahead of loads of girls who have been there for months!

Larissa had a funny rash come up by her eye this morning after i'd fed her at 7.30 and put her back to bed. She was just gargling for about 10 miniutes and then was screaming and screaming and nothing would calm her down then her eye went all red and puffy and watery and there was a rashy sort of thing going from the bridge of her nose allalong her left eye and up to her hair line. I thought it was pretty weird and mentioned it to my friend who babysat while i was at work and she said the same thing happened again after her next sleep. Well that was worry enough so i'd got a docs appountment in 30 mins, and its just happened again about 15 mins ago. Takes a little while to go down and then you cant tell anything has happened so will have to see what the doctor says.

Got MG tomorrow morning and then my cousin is coming here, she'll be the first family memeber to meet Larissa~! So excited!

Sorry not much time for personals, got a million things to do before tomorrow including getting ready for the docs now!! x

Deb - sorry to hear you suffer from anxiety too. You really need to go to your GP and do a mental health plan. It's covered by medicare now and you can get help for virtually no outlay.

That's helped me. I also do breathing exercises, breath in and hold for the count of 3, then breath out. Do this for the count up to 9 and the work your way back down again. Works wonders. Also alcohol helps too!!

Try it and let me know how you go.

B - how do you do it!? My DH does the roll over and then I get up after midnight. But I have to say thank the Lord that Judd is sleeping through because Riley doesn't and that's been a killer for both of us when it was 2 of them up at night, but now that Judd is down at night, we can take it turns with Riley and help each other out. I couldn't do this without a supportive partner!

The doc diagnosed her with conjunctivitis, said to rub ointment in morning and night for three days and then it should be gone else to go back and see her. It's looking a bit better than it was last night.

Doubt i'll be on for a while as my cousin will be staying on the bed in the computer room! Speak to you all soon!!

Hi mummies

Hope you are all well. I finally got around to posting my birth story if you're interested.

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/birt...ry-second.html

Thought I better do it before the memories fade... not that I think I could forget it in much of a hurry!

Take care

Hey girls

Its been very quiet in here!! Just read ur birth story Victoria and was a great read, u did so well hun!!

Things are going really well with Harley, growing nicely and smiling and lil giggles now! Such a happy boy! I just love him so much and Charlotte is such a good big sister! Hes very good with most ppl, not very clingy, although he does love having mummy cuddles! I'm glad that he doesn't have to be held by me all the time! Was a lil bit like that in the beginning but I think cos I let ppl hold him he just is so relaxed and takes it all in!

I'm not so good still with the panick attacks... I will be going to the doctor, its just been finding the time. I had a horrible one last night, my whole body was shaking and my heart was pounding so fast! Will be glad once I'm back on meds...

Kim: How are u hun? I really do hope ur mum is better real soon, would of been so hard to leave her. Big hugs to u

Big hellos to all u lovely girls and big cuddles to ur beautiful babies!!! Hope u are all going well.

I better head off, Harley is starting to get a lil upset. Take care girls

Deb

Right so where is everyone?????????????? I know we are all very busy, but lets get chatting again, i miss not reading updates and making sure we are all going great guns with motherhood. We are all here to support each other

Im sorry ive been so quiet. Mum has been very sick, in hospital for 2 weeks and being let out today!

Deb how are the attacks goin now hun? Hope they are settling soon for you. Hows Harley

Amanda how is JD going on solids and with his dummy waking?

Kirsten is Riley still rolling?

Jo your so lucky to have a breezy little Ruby!

Steph loving the pics of Larissa on FB

Tash hows it going?

Victoria, great birth story, well done!

Have i missed anyone?? Sorry if i have

AFM Zachey had a 3 month check up yesterday. He is now 6.4kg gaing an average of 190grams a week, 63cm long and 41.6cm head. He is a little gigglepot and always smiling. Wake ups have started at 5am when i went to visit my Mum, but since ive returned home it was back to 7am....last ngiht he went to bed at 930 and never woke til 930 this morning, he must have been tired. He has bad cradle cap and exzema which is driving me crazy!

Yay nice to hear from u Kim!! Its gone so quiet in here!! I did join the other Jan group and I'm still part of this one, but we just went so quiet, so chatting to u both!

Had such a horrible morning, dunno how many of u saw it on Facebook... but I'm feeling better now. I just wish that we didnt work out the problem till the end!! Wish I worked it out sooner!!

Attacks come and go, I get so nervous about sleeping cos thats where the majority of them happen...but I'll get there, go to the doctor on Wednesday morning. Will be glad to be back on the meds!!

Hope u are all well and Kim I really hope ur mum is out of hospital soon!! Thinking of u all xoxox

Hey, just a quick one.

I actually tried to post the other night but Optus is worse than Virgin Broadband around here, and it dropped out and I lost everything, so I didn't do another post.

We have all been sick. Riley has now had tonsilitis 7 times in 10 months. He's on the waitlist for the Royal childrens. Plus he has a lump behind his scull that's been there a while (prob just inflamed lymph node) so has to have an ultra sound on the 28th to double check that's ok.

Judd is awesome has has been sleeping through for a while now, Riley still gets up at night but not as often. Patrick has been sick as well and also on antibiotics and has the personality of a arse hole, but is getting better, in time for kindy next week (yay).

I've not been too sick, just really tired.

That's all for now, will post again soon. And KIM will try and catch up soon as long as the kids stay bug free!!

Sorry - deserve that rap on the knuckles. Just hard to do a long catch-up post when it has been so long. Hope everyone is ok. Yep Deb responded to you on FB - hope ur ok now sweet.

I'll start with me and then try to post normally from now on. April is going great guns. She is a totally different baby than DS was. Much more easy going and maybe that's to do with me as well - Im much more relaxed. Probably too relaxed - we sort of have a routine. She has a huge sleep in the morning (about 2 1/2 hrs) and then she may or may not sleep in the arvo but has a sleep in late arvo. Then she goes to sleep around 9.30pm and sleep from 6-8 hrs. I'll feed her in bed if it's too early to get up. I really must keep my water intake up tho cos sometimes by the end of the day I am sucked dry so to say and I have to top up with some formula. Last night tho she was wide awake til 12am - that happens from time to time - she is so cute even as a wide-eyed party-girl! Other developments include pulling her head up and wanting to be up-right, laughing, "talking", squealing, lots of kicking in the bath. The most gorgeous thing is her ready smiles. You only have to hint a look at her and she is ready with a smile. I just shower in kisses all the time.

I have been keeping up with most of you on FB but haven't really made too many comments. Happy to chat more here.

Big !!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast