Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2007

Eleanor has finally gained weight and is now 3.2kilos and 46cm long.
    She's still waking twice a night and from 6am it takes me at least 3hrs to get her back to sleep.

Anyone else's baby have dry skin ? Eleanor has lots of dry skin and I remember Alex having the same as a baby.

Georgia had really dry skin too. I used Johsons Baby Lotion after her bath and that helped. DH said to put Baby Oil in the bath but I never got round to it.

Oops! Hope everyone is doing great, Mums last two weeks here so we're out all the time. Will post more soon

michelle.it takes about 3 hours for me to get harry back to sleep after he wakes in the morning too,tis hard as it is chaos in the mornings here and harry just wants to be held and fed all morning.harry has dry skin also.
    nikki

Nikki it's nice to hear that i am not the only one having trouble in the mornings. At the moment Eleanor is half asleep in my arms everytime she goes to sleep i put her to bed and within 5 mins she's screaming. I've ordered a HAB just so i can get things done around the house.

Rachel have a nice time out with your mum over the next two weeks.

Thanks! I was thinking of getting a HAB too - let me know how you find it - if it's not too hot.

Georgia is sleeping quite well, I wake her up and feed her before bed about 10pm then she generally sleeps till around 3.30am. She usually goes back to sleep straight away but some times it can take about half an hour. Then she wakes up and about 5.30 so I put her in with me and we drift on and off till about 8am. Luckily Mum is taking DS to school at the momment so I can sleep!

rachel,it is exactly the same here too.but unfortunantly i dont have a mum doing the school drop off so i have to be up a bit earlier than you.
    i looked for a hab yesterday at target but there wasnt any there.i tried to make my own sling with a large wrap but failed,think i will check ebay.
    nikki

I've had a few bad nights with Eleanor she's waking at night and taking nearly 3 hours to get back to sleep.
    I have found during the day she sleeps well with noise around her.

How is everyone doing ?

michelle i am having the opposite problem here,harry is sleeping well at night but is very unsettled through the day makes for getting things done very very hard.
    am off to have a massage tonight,my back is killing me.
    nikki

Nikki, i'm the same. Georgia is settled at night but a bitof a nightmare during the day!

Michelle how are you coping with the nights like that? Is your Dad still here? What does she do when she's awake at night, does she cry? It'll be so much easier when they are more alert during the day and tiring themselves out for the night time.

My Mum keeps telling me how all her kids slept through from 6 weeks! I don't think that will happen here somehow!

Has anyones bubba smiled at them yet? Georgia hasn't and I really want her too

hi mums

just thought i'd check in. orlanda is 6 weeks tomorrow and is an absolute gem. i have no idea what she weighs but she is doing great so no worries on the feeding and weight gain. usually up once or twice a night and she usually ends up in beside me having a snuggle. she is grinning at everything and everyone. she wont sleep through the day unless its on me which is a bit of a pain but who cares if the house is a tip and there is no shopping in, cuddles are precious and before i know it she'll be a teenager.

i hope everyone else is having as much fun and as little sleep as i am.

taz

what a great attitude taz,wish i could addopt the same approach but im far too fussy,but then again i spose i have to be with 4 kids.
    sleep vibes to you all.
    nikki

oh,i just noticed that you also have 4,well done to you.
    nikki

yup i have 4 too, but i'm a slob

Taz

Rachel the last few nights have been hard and today all i want to do is cry. When she's awake at night she likes to have a cuddle and go back to sleep but as soon as i put her down she wakes again. I've tried a dummy and just rubbing her tummy while in the cot but that doesn't work.
    Hopefully i will get some sleep soon. My dad is still here and hopefully he will take the other two out again on Friday so it's just me and Eleanor for the day so i get some rest.

Taz it's great to hear all is going well with you.

ohhh michelle big hugs to you.i truly understand what you are going through,my first and 3rd were terrible at night.i hope she soughts herself out soon.
    nikki

Thanks Nikki. Hopefully Eleanor will start to sleep better at night soon for me. I'm going to see if she will take more milk tonight as she's nearly drinking 120mls.

Hi everyone,

Michelle, Georgia is on 150mls and she drinks the lot - such a porker! Have you tried co-sleeping? I can;t remember if you said you did that or not?

I do it sometimes with Georgia but it's easier for me as DH sleeps in his own room as his snoring is horrendous!

Hugs Michelle, there is nothing worse than sleep deprivation!

By the way, I just went to your website and your kids are gorgeous!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast